'Till we Meet Again, Asylum

AceDread

I've been gone for a while already, but I felt the need to make a post.  I've spent so much goddamn time playing on Asylum that leaving without saying anything is borderline insulting.

First, I wanna give a shoutout too:

@Rocketneo@TheRealJesus@Leady "The_Man", and Knowledge(if you're still alive, you know who you are).

Y'all were the first group of people I played with when I started.  I remember the very first day I met all of you, hanging out in the back of Leady's medic offroad in Pyrgos square. We were, arguably, the worst gang on Asylum. 

Htrgn7t.jpg

Does it look like we gave a fuck?

After spending ample time the muddy and bloody trenches of rebel life, @Rocketneo and I joined Bad Blood.  Expecting to get kicked early in our careers for being "trash cans with arms, legs, and a bit of brain matter", we braced ourselves for the worst.  What followed, instead, was a journey.  A journey that led me to some of the most fun, maddening, stressful, adrenaline pumping, heart-pounding and crazy  times i've EVER had in a video game.

BKSfe6G.png

@Sw3gingtoN@Kuklinski@J9R9MY Thank you for giving me, and everyone else, a chance to be apart of what you and the original members created. Your guidance and leadership on the battlefield were instrumental in turning an average, katiba-toting rebel, into a cold hearted, blood thirsty killer. Where ever you go, we will follow.   Even if it takes us to hell.

TO ALL PREVIOUS, CURRENT AND FUTURE BAD BLOOD REBELS

It was an honor fighting, robbing and dying alongside with ALL OF YOU

on Altis.  You helped create one of the most notorious gangs on the

island.   A gang that has destroyed dreams and created them.  A gang

that has robbed more gold bars from the federal reserve than the U.S

took from Saddam Hussein.   While we may not win every battle, we 

will fight until we do.  If they hurt us once, we kill them, always.  It

matters not what flag you carry or patch you have sewn into your carrier

lite, if you were one of us, you will always have Bad Blood flowing through

your veins.  I love you all.

9zyFaXz.jpg  (Shitty pic, but couldnt find anything better for some reason)

Now, I'd like to say thanks to all the cops that gave me a fair trial, RP'd wi....... HAHA JUST KIDDING FUCK ALL YOU PIGGLY WIGGLIES, I KILLED YA 50 TIMES AND IM GONNA KILL YA ANOTHER 50 TIMES HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

5UpFZUb.jpg

But seriously. It was fun.  Thanks for all countless fights we had at the fed, the bank, Kavala,or at some fucking random hill in the middle of nowhere. I know we were always at each others throats; always looking for a way to screw the other side over for what they did to them.  But, at the end of the day, we all know it's just for good fun, and behind most of these monitors and keyboards is a real and decent human being.   Besides, most of our interactions weren't toxic.

Last, but CERTAINLY, not least, thank you to @Paratusand the entirety of the admin team(Current and former), including any primary developers or anyone that has ever supported development, thank you SO MUCH for creating and maintaining this community.  Despite what a small, but vocal, part of the community may think, I know the work you do is very difficult and time consuming, which is only made worse by the thanklessness of the job. In my opinion, that thanklessness is a problem in most IT or software development jobs, and you all deserve way more credit than you are given.  It's easy to think that coding is simple, and that making a change is as easy as typing in "change this".  I hope this is a stigma that dies soon.

While we may not have always seen eye to eye on certain mechanics in Asylum (or rules kappa), I really enjoyed the few times we did play together.  Events, that time we kidnapped Killswitch, or whenever Jin got drunk, all the pink quadbikes with unlimited nitro, you are all instrumental in keeping the server alive. Keep doing what you're doing and I'd be surprised if Asylum didn't last another 10 years. 

I have played with more people that I can remember on this server, all coming from vastly different backgrounds and places. It's hard to remember all the fun and downright hilarious things that happened, because there are far too many to remember.  When I first discovered ArmA 3, and consequently Asylum, I was playing on a shitty PC with intel HD graphics.   I had always wanted a gaming computer, but the only game I had in my mind when I was building my PC was ArmA 3.  After over 3000 hours, with most of that time being spent on Asylum, I can easily say it was the best choice I ever made.  Hopefully I never forget the time I spent here, this is definitely a game (and server) I'll remember for the rest of my life.  

I can't wait till I'm an old geezer with grand kids.   When they ask their grandpa what their favorite game is, I'm gonna tell them ArmA 3.  When they ask what I did on that game, I'm gonna tell them:  "Kids, I played that game to sell virtual drugs and kill virtual cops, and you know what?  I'm money capped."

rMX7FOA.jpg

tl;dr: go fuck yourself, i'll be back to kill you soon

Edited by AceDread
Bama, Valkyrie, Matthew and 32 others like this

Hehehe my good friend and one of the must loyal members we have in BB you dont need to say thanks to anyone is me sw3g insom and jeremy and all the other old guys who need to say thanks to the loyal ppl we had in the family named Bad blood good times good ppl and alot of fun but everthing good have a start and a finish gl in or life u have my steam we always talk for sure u rocket and all the other players <3 love u brother and love the bb times <3 fuck arma and fuck all the new guys who fucking suck at this game.

rngr, AceDread and Rocketneo like this
On 15/12/2016 at 1:44 PM, AceDread said:

can't wait till I'm an old geezer with grand kids.   When they ask their grandpa what their favorite game is, I'm gonna tell them ArmA 3.  When they ask what I did on that game, I'm gonna tell them:  "Kids, I played that game to sell virtual drugs and kill virtual cops, and you know what?  I'm money capped."

This so true! Haha.

Take care man :) 

Rocketneo likes this
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/19/2016 at 10:09 PM, Kuklinski said:

Hehehe my good friend and one of the must loyal members we have in BB you dont need to say thanks to anyone is me sw3g insom and jeremy and all the other old guys who need to say thanks to the loyal ppl we had in the family named Bad blood good times good ppl and alot of fun but everthing good have a start and a finish gl in or life u have my steam we always talk for sure u rocket and all the other players <3 love u brother and love the bb times <3 fuck arma and fuck all the new guys who fucking suck at this game.

My fucking Senpei Kuklinski, Sw3g was also Senpei. Still rep that Tag like its no tomorrow man, still try and remind people what Bad Blood was as a Gang. (Killers) as you would call us, Acedread it was a good day when we both joined Bad Blood cause Kuklinski and Sw3g were the main reasons we stuck around seeing the potential we had and the Loyalty to the gang. I also introduced him to Jesus whom he still plays with from time to time, Gonna miss you Acedread and just know.... I'm back on Asylum for however long my friends play it or until i get bored again :) , Hit me up on steam if you ever feel like playing something again brother.

Kuklinski likes this