Change log 7.9.1

bamf

46 minutes ago, bamf said:

The biggest change here is the ability to turn map markers on or off according to your needs.  Go to settings on your phone and click page 2.  

Other than that, here are the tweaks and changes in this patch:  

• Being flash banged no longer turns on your NVGs
  • UC APD officers can now feign picking drugs etc
  • UC APD Officers now have a few more items they may spawn with
  • The APD will no longer receive pings for criminals wanted for less than $500
  • Drug dealer pings now display the city name
  • Car alarms will now alert the APD at a slightly increased range
  • A second Skip Tracer base has been added near Kavala
  • The Kavala checkpoint has relocated slightly as a result
  • APD higher ups may no longer lock or unlock doors for player housing when that player is not online
  • Fixed an exploit of the federal reserve
  • Fixed an exploit related to prison breaks
  • Bounty Hunters can now purchase a license as long as they have less than $100 in charges
  • If you cancel an adrenaline shot, it should now return to your inventory as expected
  • Vehicles will now show the names of the players who are red to you, instead of everyone's name being red
  • Death now properly removes blindfolds
  • The cocaine field on Altis has relocated slightly
  • Sofia now has a dive shop
  • Turfs now have a separate drug dealer that is only usable by players of the gang that owns the turf.  Being within range of the drug dealer could result in your untimely demise.
  • Turf control areas have been slightly reduced in size
  • Using Skip Tracer honor talents now require you to actively be a Master Bounty Hunter
  • Several talents that should not stack have been fixed to function as they were designed
  • Police restrained players who have a gold bar in their inventory may now be placed into helicopters by an APD officer
  • Many, many other bug and performance enhancements have been applied.

Finally, we have made some changes that we hope (emphasis on hope) may help address the memory leak on the server side that I believe results in the BE kicks occurring.  Testing on dev looks somewhat promising, but we will see how it functions on live servers and adjust from there accordingly.  

Again, a big thanks to @Gnashes for his work on the patch!

P.S. - This will roll out for Altis right away, and for Tanoa once I make a few map changes there.  

Don't like the colors at all...

Just now, bamf said:

Adding mods we do not control is not something we want to do again.  Lesson learned there...

O, did you guys get onto some legal troubles? If that is the case then I fully understand but, if not I know why server 6 died. It was due to poor money making methods and placement as well as the fact that money did not transfer between servers. I think bringing back a new modded server where the community can some what see where things will be can be very beneficial for you guys!

Edited by Gubber Flexx
47 minutes ago, bamf said:

Finally, we have made some changes that we hope (emphasis on hope) may help address the memory leak on the server side that I believe results in the BE kicks occurring.  Testing on dev looks somewhat promising, but we will see how it functions on live servers and adjust from there accordingly.  

Specifics?

and good patch.

2 minutes ago, OGRoger said:

What exactly happened?

2 minutes ago, Gubber Flexx said:

O, did you guys get onto some legal troubles? If that is the case then I fully understand but, if not I know why server 6 died. It was due to poor money making methods and placement as well as the fact that money did not transfer between servers. I think bringing back a new modded server where the community can some what see where things will be can be very beneficial for you guys!

If the person who creates the mod updates said mod, the Steam framework updates people subscribed to that mod.  If it happens in the middle of the night (or if I'm not near a PC), then the server can't be joined by players.  Thus you want to control when the mods get updated etc.

Gubber Flexx likes this
Just now, Frizzy said:

Didn't all of the problems come from the custom map you guys decided to use? I played on a modded server and they did not have any of the problems Aussie did.

Different issues.  The map had memory leaks.  

We also had problems with mods we didn't control...