Weapon crafting materials

A box truck + backpack can hold the materials required to make 4.8 mk1s, which would cost about 52k on a good day at rebel. A coke run in the same truck gives you more money, while taking way less time. So youre way better off making money other ways and buying the mk1s at rebel yourself. 

I propose we cut the materials required to make weapons as there is 0 incentive to craft them (barely anybody does) making weapons personally should yield more guns than you would be able to buy in the same time doing other altis money making techniques, as that is the whole point of crafting weapons.

And lets be real....1 coke for 1 magazine? Why even add that

Weapons might be more expensive to make then to buy because there's a lower risk getting caught at black market then for example at cocaine field / processing when doing a cocaine run, the payout from a cocaine run is higher since there's actually more risk involved 

Also now you have a reason to take over panagia and whatever the tanoa version of it is to get reduced weapon making cost.

in the end it comes down to the ammount of risk involved really 

bamf and MrClean like this
13 hours ago, bamf said:

You guys are also forgetting that with the pricing of weapons due to the economy, it can be more expensive to buy weapons if not are available (demand pricing). 

Also, like said above the risk at the black market is much lower than the cocaine processor...

debatable, most people are not going to have a house close to black market that they would want to store weapons in. So youre driving much further distance is a truck, very juicy target. 

Sheriff Rick Grimes likes this
9 hours ago, Das Otter said:

debatable, most people are not going to have a house close to black market that they would want to store weapons in. So youre driving much further distance is a truck, very juicy target. 

There is essentially 0 risk if youre not wanted tho.  The odds of getting robbed there are slim since its out of the way and I havnt personally seen anyone camp it since the month it came out, where as coke pross is on the main road to rebel AND patrolled by cops.

4 hours ago, HotWings said:

There is essentially 0 risk if youre not wanted tho.  The odds of getting robbed there are slim since its out of the way and I havnt personally seen anyone camp it since the month it came out, where as coke pross is on the main road to rebel AND patrolled by cops.

If you pull something bigger than a flatbed people are going to go after you if they see you.  And if you have a cargo vehicle and you're close to illegal areas with a speeding ticket, cops are going to pull you over in hopes you will evade.  I don't see how that's zero risk.

On 12/26/2016 at 9:41 AM, bamf said:

You guys are also forgetting that with the pricing of weapons due to the economy, it can be more expensive to buy weapons if not are available (demand pricing). 

Also, like said above the risk at the black market is much lower than the cocaine processor...

The economy is largely based on who is bored enough to actually spend their time crafting weapons for everybody else for cheaper prices at rebel.  If nobody is crafting weapons because there is no point in doing it and because of that they are always in high demand that's not a good system.

Steve likes this
35 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

If you pull something bigger than a flatbed people are going to go after you if they see you.  And if you have a cargo vehicle and you're close to illegal areas with a speeding ticket, cops are going to pull you over in hopes you will evade.  I don't see how that's zero risk.

Pull over....  Sometimes its smarter to just actually RP than to try and run

2 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

The economy is largely based on who is bored enough to actually spend their time crafting weapons for everybody else for cheaper prices at rebel.  If nobody is crafting weapons because there is no point in doing it and because of that they are always in high demand that's not a good system.

+1 , If no one is doing it there is most likely something wrong with it.

Just now, HotWings said:

There is little to no incentive.  Crafting itself works just as its supposed to.

Why would you make doing it have little to no incentive? Asylum needs more map activity. The only thing I see people doing is cocaine runs in box trucks at the most. No more community meth runs, no smaller groups of new players trying to run heroin together. I think anything to increase this would be a boost to asylums population. Granted, it could be simply because people are tired of losing their time and effort placed into runs from mass BE kicks.

16 minutes ago, Steve said:

Why would you make doing it have little to no incentive? Asylum needs more map activity. The only thing I see people doing is cocaine runs in box trucks at the most. No more community meth runs, no smaller groups of new players trying to run heroin together. I think anything to increase this would be a boost to asylums population. Granted, it could be simply because people are tired of losing their time and effort placed into runs from mass BE kicks.

Because rebels want everything easy mode.  They're not interested in doing anything other than fight, so any task that requires farming results in massive amounts of whining until its reverted back to easy mode.

Furnie Mack likes this
28 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Because rebels want everything easy mode.  They're not interested in doing anything other than fight, so any task that requires farming results in massive amounts of whining until its reverted back to easy mode.

I personally don't have a problem with farming at all. Let's say for example, the mk1 is at its highest price 12.5k(that is the highest I have seen it recently) Too give any incentive to craft them your time would have to be worth it. If you could make that 12.5k neary twice as fast doing something else, there is no reason to craft them. I actually enjoy making money, and I don't mind buying the guns as opposed to crafting them, though if it was truly worth it to craft them I would. On top of that, if they truly hate farming entirely, why do they play altis life? Why not go set up their own cqc server where they can fight where they want to with the rules they want, with nothing to lose other then the $40 a month or so it would cost to host a 25 slot server.

Furnie Mack likes this
18 minutes ago, Steve said:

I personally don't have a problem with farming at all. Let's say for example, the mk1 is at its highest price 12.5k(that is the highest I have seen it recently) Too give any incentive to craft them your time would have to be worth it. If you could make that 12.5k neary twice as fast doing something else, there is no reason to craft them. I actually enjoy making money, and I don't mind buying the guns as opposed to crafting them, though if it was truly worth it to craft them I would. On top of that, if they truly hate farming entirely, why do they play altis life? Why not go set up their own cqc server where they can fight where they want to with the rules they want, with nothing to lose other then the $40 a month or so it would cost to host a 25 slot server.

Not everyone hates crafting, but the people who complain the most and most vocally do lol.

10 minutes ago, bamf said:

Crafting a gun puts guns on the market (even if you keep the gun). The incentive is to bring prices down. 

Perhaps guns are too cheap when on demand?

Maybe :shrug:

Just now, bamf said:

I wonder how bad the response would be if 7.62 weapons had to be crafted to even be available. 

I do love me some Katiba...

Ifrits would become unstoppable.

Orcas could probably hotland in cartels again.

Most combat wouldn't be over 300m.

Battles would be much, much slower since you can tank a ton of katiba shots and run back behind cover.

Ghouh, Crossfade and USCCHRIS like this
1 minute ago, bamf said:

I wonder how bad the response would be if 7.62 weapons had to be crafted to even be available. 

I do love me some Katiba...

It would be interesting if weapons had to be shipped similar to drug runner in order to stock rebel outposts. This could act as an illegal but more profitable version of the DP missions. 

Donald likes this
1 minute ago, Boris said:

Ifrits would become unstoppable.

Orcas could probably hotland in cartels again.

Most combat wouldn't be over 300m.

Battles would be much, much slower since you can tank a ton of katiba shots and run back behind cover.

Sounds like more fun to me honestly.