Change Log 6.6.0

Paratus

Amazing Patch! The only thing that I feel should be changed back is night time. Sure its useless and annoying but it kinda brought little bit of realism. Different combat scenarios, you have more chance to get away from someone who is chasing you etc... maybe make night time cycle much shorter(25min) and reduce contrast a bit then it would be perfect. Just my .02 

Edited by SV_Paul
Furnie Mack and RomanRunsCA like this

So placed an extra large storage in 120000 long house, it gobbled it up and is not in there and i soft logged as well.. Also in my 2 story 150,000 house it won't let me place an extra one.

Do i need to wait for restart maybe for the long house one, and if it doesn't fix it will i not be able to place down another one ever? but have no idea for the 2 story house what to do other than wait and see.

2 minutes ago, SV_Paul said:

Amazing Patch! The only thing that I feel should be changed back is night time. Sure its useless and annoying but it kinda brought little bit of realism. Different combat scenarios, you have more chance to get away from someone who is chasing you etc... maybe make night time cycle much shorter(20min) and reduce contrast a bit then it would be perfect. Just my .02 

Night, Its utter shit. You cant see anything at night, fights suck big pee, and no competitive players wanted it. RP in the day, and now enjoy the non-night fog while you rp.

This is a story about Pete the Moonshiner PLS READ!!"!"!"

In the fourth and fifth grade, I spent the night at my friend Tom's house almost every weekend. Tom lived in a run-down farm house in the country. He shared a room with his older brother, Walter. The three of us would stay up late telling scary stories.

The scariest was a true story. Here is how Walter told it:

-0000-

Back in the 1920s, this house was owned by a different family. Their closest neighbor was an inbred moonshiner named Pete. He lived in a shack deep in the woods and was frequently in trouble with the law. The parents warned the little boy and girl who lived here NEVER to go near Pete’s land.

The young boy lived in this very room. One night, the he was awakened by the sound of shattered glass somewhere inside the house. Living so close to Pete, the boy was very cautious. And instead of opening the door, he locked it. He pressed his ear to the door and listened.

The boy heard bootsteps stumbling down the hallway that were much too heavy to be his father's. He could almost smell moonshine through the bedroom door. "Let me in, boy." It was Pete... But the boy wouldn't unlock the door. Overcoming his fear, he shouted "No!"

After a minute, the boy could hear Pete's heavy boots fading back through the house. In a distant room, he heard his father shouting at Pete. But the shouts soon turned to screams. For almost an hour, the sounds degenerated as the father shred his vocal chords to ribbons while screaming. The boy thought the pleading in hoarse agony was worst thing he had ever heard until it was replaced by something worse. Silence.

Pete's boot steps lumbered back through the house to the boy's room. He pounded on the solid oak door. "Boy! Open up this door or you'll regret it." The boy could smell the moonshine through the door. Again he said "No!"

And so it was his mother's turn. Her shouts and screams lasted for two hours. When they stopped, the heavy boots stumbled back to his door. The stink of moonshine was overwhelming. "Boy! I said 'Open up this door.' This is your last chance." The boy was terrified, "Please don't hurt my sister!" Pete was drunk and enjoying himself. He chuckled, "Then open up, boy." But the boy knew better. And so he spent the next three hours listening to the screams of his younger sister.

When the police came to investigate the house two days later, they found the mom, dad, and sister tied spread-eagle to their beds. Pete had cut a small hole in each of their lower abdomens and pulled the bowels out of their belly inch by inch as they died in pain.

They found the boy dehydrated but alive. He was still locked in THIS very room. Pressed against this very door. He was completely catatonic. He spent the rest of his life in a sanitarium, occasionally mumbling "should I have opened the door?... should I have opened the door?...."

Pete was eventually caught and executed. His shack was torn down. But his ghost still haunts this house. Sometimes, we can smell a hint of sweet moonshine in the morning, and a pain in our bellies. And when we do, we know Pete was here during the night, trying to pull out our insides.

-0000-

This story really creeped me out. Like 10 out of 10! I always insisted that the three of us sleep with the bedroom door locked and the lights on. Your imagination is so strong at that age! I was terrified of every noise in the house before finally falling asleep. Whenever I woke at their house, I could even smell the faint, sweet aroma of Pete's moonshine. To be honest, I could usually feel a pain in my lower belly.

Whenever I told the two brothers about it, they would giggle and play along. "Yeah, I smell it too" said Walter. "Me too. And my stomach hurts!" chimed in Tom, pretending to be scared. They moved to Utah when Tom and I were in the fifth grade. I haven't seen them since.

Flash forward to this morning. I'm sitting in chemistry lab on campus. As we were setting up the experiment, one of the chemicals smelled exactly the same as my memory of Pete's moonshine. It's an incredibly distinct, penetrating, almost sweet scent - not exactly like hard alcohol or real moonshine, but similar.

I had not smelled it since those mornings after sleeping over with Tom and Walter. This was the exact same smell. I picked up the bottle and looked at the label: “diethyl ether.” It was ether.

I stared across the lab in a daze. Frozen. I remembered locking the door of their bedroom every night. I thought about waking with the faint smell of ether in my mouth. I remembered the distinct pain in my bowels each morning.

And I realized... There was no "Pete the Moonshiner."

They had been raping me.

Treeherder likes this

Great work Paratus!

Also I think that keeping night time is better, but we gotta have the contrast the same way as it was before, nighttime was pretty good until the new sharpen filter came in.

Also could someone explain the barrel thing please? Does it take a crate slot? I just want to know since I already own a 70k house with a crate inside already, will I be able to put in a barrel aswell or no?

Lack of night is a bit sad, failure to headlight was an interesting RP thing.  Less realism due to complainers tends to be the new thing on Asylum, not a shocker to me.

6 hours ago, Paratus said:

Salt or regular will work.

Night was removed because, well, it serves no real purpose. In a game where night vision is standard, night time is essentially just green-time.

Yeah, day/night serves no purpose on an RP server.  Will Identity not have day/night cycles?  Because hey, it serves no purpose guys...

4 hours ago, Kryptonn said:

no competitive players wanted it.

Are we playing a fucking FPS or is this an RP server?  Jesus...

Edited by JimmyBeans
20 minutes ago, JimmyBeans said:

Lack of night is a bit sad, failure to headlight was an interesting RP thing.  Less realism due to complainers tends to be the new thing on Asylum, not a shocker to me.

Yeah, day/night serves no purpose on an RP server.  Will Identity not have day/night cycles?  Because hey, it serves no purpose guys...

Are we playing a fucking FPS or is this an RP server?  Jesus...

Competitive fps

Olivia likes this

Really, I think Paratus said it best.  Night time was essentially green vision time.  Everyone had night vision, it was basically pointless.  If Arma made better use of lighting and you could carry around flashlights, ect then I could see a more valid reason.

But please for the love of God remove the contrast.  It is the same as BF3's blue tint that they added to the game, it makes it look worse than before.  Arma looks good the way it is, with the contrast boost it is way too yellowish. 

Olivia likes this
17 minutes ago, Kryptonn said:

Competitive fps

Welcome to Asylum Competitive FPS Server.

17 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Really, I think Paratus said it best.  Night time was essentially green vision time.  Everyone had night vision, it was basically pointless.  If Arma made better use of lighting and you could carry around flashlights, ect then I could see a more valid reason.

Yeah, night had zero RP interactions, totally pointless.  Man that FPS crowd sure has turned this place into something else I tell you what...

OrcaNinja likes this
Just now, JimmyBeans said:

Welcome to Asylum Competitive FPS Server.

Yeah, night had zero RP interactions, totally pointless.  Man that FPS crowd sure has turned this place into something else I tell you what...

You are correct, it is a RP server.  It's silly to call Asylum a competitive FPS.  But again, when everyone has nightvision it is pointless.  Night wasn't serving that great of a purpose.  I do think though what would be a good alternative though is more weather, so fog and storms, ect. 

1 minute ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

You are correct, it is a RP server.  It's silly to call Asylum a competitive FPS.  But again, when everyone has nightvision it is pointless.  Night wasn't serving that great of a purpose.  I do think though what would be a good alternative though is more weather, so fog and storms, ect. 

It certainly wasn't ideal, but it was much better than nothing.  I'd be surprised to find anyone who actually played here with any frequency that was interested in this server for RP to say they never once had an RP experience that was good that dealt with night.  Ridiculous, night had a role on this server when it came to RP, and I have no doubt Identity will have night cycles, this is a pathetic change by a lazy dev less interested in making night relevant than bowing to complainer "competitive fps" scrubs.

People don't like the night change because... realism?? That makes no goddamn sense. Did you guys go into your houses and pretend to sleep when it turned night? There is literally no reason for a server cycle to be a full 24 hours.

This patch is probably one of the best we've had in a while. New profession with completely new mechanics. I just hope it pays well!

explicit likes this
Just now, Bikstok said:

People don't like the night change because... realism?? That makes no goddamn sense. Did you guys go into your houses and pretend to sleep when it turned night? There is literally no reason for a server cycle to be a full 24 hours.

This patch is probably one of the best we've had in a while. New profession with completely new mechanics. I just hope it pays well!

I'm not surprised you never had any night time RP experiences, you're a competitive FPS player here through and through.

5 minutes ago, JimmyBeans said:

I'm not surprised you never had any night time RP experiences, you're a competitive FPS player here through and through.

It seems as if every single post you make are attempts to get at people because they have a differing opinion than that of yourself.

You used to do this on the old forums and got called out for it there, too.

Why can you not accept the fact that not everyone feels the same way as you?

Olivia likes this
9 minutes ago, eXplicit said:

It seems as if every single post you make are attempts to get at people because they have a differing opinion than that of yourself.

You used to do this on the old forums and got called out for it there, too.

Why can you not accept the fact that not everyone feels the same way as you?

I am simply responding to the positions of another person in disagreement.  Why can't you accept that I have a different view, and want to express that view?

Anyway, if i had a shot for every time Bikstok touted himself as the professional place crosshairs on people and click the mouse guy he is, I'd be fucking dead.  Just because the old forums are gone doesn't change that reality.

This isn't any attempt to shit on Bik either, the guy is a monster at the FPS potion of this game, I just don't give a fuck about it when compared to the RP aspect which was supposedly what this server was more about.

Edited by JimmyBeans
20 minutes ago, JimmyBeans said:

I am simply responding to the positions of another person in disagreement.  Why can't you accept that I have a different view, and want to express that view?

Anyway, if i had a shot for every time Bikstok touted himself as the professional place crosshairs on people and click the mouse guy he is, I'd be fucking dead.  Just because the old forums are gone doesn't change that reality.

This isn't any attempt to shit on Bik either, the guy is a monster at the FPS potion of this game, I just don't give a fuck about it when compared to the RP aspect which was supposedly what this server was more about.

The only Server made for RP is A3L...get real...and who nakes It a goal to RO at night? RP whenever...nobody loved night for its amazing rp it provided...thats crazy

Edited by Kryptonn
explicit likes this

Along with the change to the day/night cycle, we have reinstated weather syncing.  The hope there is that you will see a lot more clouds and rain than before - especially in the winter like it is now in Lemnos.  The fog should be mostly gone as well - or at the very least reduced.  

When you think about night time, it really was green screen time for people who left towns.  Paratus' point was that NVGs are ubiquitous in Asylum.  Almost everyone has them and wears them.  I think the stars look great as well, but if I'm driving down the road without NVGs I tend to hit more things than if I have them on (OK, I'm a terrible driver either way).  Also, if you had to respawn at your house, then you were mostly out of luck trying to fumble your way inside (without gamma hacks that is).  

The PPE that was put in place makes the game "pop" more than the default version.  I get that everyone is entitled to their own opinion on that, but there are lots of people who like the way it looks with that filter on.  It takes some of the drab out of the island for me at least.  

Olivia likes this