Change log 7.9.2

bamf

17 minutes ago, George Lopaz said:

802e91b0dee4178487468ec91bc2df68.png

2d96772b83aecbb8604bbfd22ace4ef6.png  

Range is not HOW FAR the bullet will go. Both weapons are capable of being fired at targets 1km+. We use MRCOs, zeroed for a max of 1KM. 

Name Type Mass RoF [RPM] Dispersion Muzzle Velocity Inertia Dexterity Can be stored in: Classname

MX 6.5 mm Assault Rifle 100 625 0.00087 800 0.5 1.5 Backpack arifle_MX_F
MXM 6.5 mm Assault Rifle 120 625 0.00073 920 0.6 1.4 Backpack arifle_MXM_F

Post a Stat out of Arma 3s Arsenal is INSANE. Its the equivalent of citing Buzzfeed News. CSATS were said to have the same ballistics protection in Arsenal until a few updates ago. Those bars skew the data to be far different than they actually are.

This is the actual data. That difference in Dispersion is NEGLIGIBLE and that Muzzle Velocity does not change damage in the slightest. Maybe, just MAYBE it will allow you do shoot through an Orca window. But not consistently.  

Chew on that.

Edited by Axe
Revenant, Google™ and Pentax like this
12 minutes ago, Axe said:

Range is not HOW FAR the bullet will go. Both weapons are capable of being fired at targets 1km+. We use MRCOs, zeroed for a max of 1KM. 

Name Type Mass RoF [RPM] Dispersion Muzzle Velocity Inertia Dexterity Can be stored in: Classname

MX 6.5 mm Assault Rifle 100 625 0.00087 800 0.5 1.5 Backpack arifle_MX_F
MXM 6.5 mm Assault Rifle 120 625 0.00073 920 0.6 1.4 Backpack arifle_MXM_F

Post a Stat out of Arma 3s Arsenal is INSANE. Its the equivalent of citing Buzzfeed News. CSATS were said to have the same ballistics protection in Arsenal until a few updates ago. Those bars skew the data to be far different than they actually are.

This is the actual data. That difference in Dispersion is NEGLIGIBLE and that Muzzle Velocity does not change damage in the slightest. Maybe, just MAYBE it will allow you do shoot through an Orca window. But not consistently.  

Chew on that.

bDnPcxV.gif

Then why add the MXM for bounty hunters if there is little to no difference :shrug: Seems like things are fine as they are.

Edited by George Lopaz
36 minutes ago, George Lopaz said:

Then why add the MXM for bounty hunters if there is little to no difference :shrug: Seems like things are fine as they are.

And if they did add it? So what. It makes no difference?

Your argument crumbled on itself. The point can be argued both ways with the same evidence, depending what light you shine on it. 

:frog: 

George Lopaz likes this
Just now, Mathy said:

Yeah the crate system is broke. Sometimes i have to softlog to make them appear and sometimes they dont even show up.

They don't show up if you have done the following?

1. Logged into a server and chosen "Show Storage" from your house
  2. Logged to lobby
  3. Logged back in and choose "Show Storage" again

I just want to make sure I understand what the actual issue is...

Just now, Mathy said:

Yeah the crate system is broke. Sometimes i have to softlog to make them appear and sometimes they dont even show up.

Crates have been an issue since they were brought into existence 3 years ago, I remember people struggling with them all the time. Thankfully, back then it was only Donor's who had access, so the number of issues was smaller. Now that everyone gets a prize in this world, the problems are exacerbated.

HomeTrlx, Pentax and Scott like this
Just now, bamf said:

They don't show up if you have done the following?

1. Logged into a server and chosen "Show Storage" from your house
  2. Logged to lobby
  3. Logged back in and choose "Show Storage" again

I just want to make sure I understand what the actual issue is...

I havent had any serious problems with the crates yet just that i have to softlog to show them like you just said but i know signal has had some more serious problems with it. @signal

Demon_Of_Legends likes this
21 minutes ago, Rommel15 said:

If you spawn the crates and then disconnect from the server (or lose connection), you are unable to respawn the crates until the next server restart. There is no option to hide or show until the next restart. 

I think we can fix that tomorrow fairly easily.  I need Paratus to look at something for it though.

NM, @Gnashes thinks he has a work around...

On 1/10/2017 at 6:11 PM, bamf said:

Yes, for now you do.  Again, this is a potential fix we are testing for the BE mass kick issue.  

Even after the recent hot fix where we cant hide crates, will we still have to show our barrels in each house to get our booze to process????????

Edited by Treeontyn
Just now, Treeontyn said:

Even after the recent hot fix where you cant hide crates, will we still have to show our barrels in each house to get our booze to process????????

Yes.  I've taken away the ability to "combat store" your crates since it did not yield the result I wanted.  The other half requiring you to show crates is actually doing what I want.  

15 minutes ago, bamf said:

Yes.  I've taken away the ability to "combat store" your crates since it did not yield the result I wanted.  The other half requiring you to show crates is actually doing what I want.  

Can you get rid of rally races and laser tag, neither work. (Half the time you can't sign up for the race and there is no clear finish, and laser tag in prison spawns you without a gun)

29 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Pop tires and wait.

That is the most absurd change that's been made in a while.

Why not just make it a action that puts you in animation for 10-20 seconds. [Breaking the window]. Makes you vulnerable. Have to be pretty close. Not broken like just being able to pull out. 

Edited by Axe
Kettles, Budbringer and Crossfade like this