How to Get More FPS In Prison

BlackShot

So, basically, I found out a way to get more FPS in prison by adjusting a few video settings in Arma 3. Those are pretty simple and might actually give you more FPS overall. I hope they work for you.

1. Set your Objects setting to Low

2017-02-01_09-12-39.jpg

2. Set your Shadow setting to Disabled, as well as your Shadow distance to 50

2017-02-01_09-12-48.jpg

3. Turn yourself in to a bounty hunter or to a money-hungry cop and test your new settings.  :frog:

Please let me know if you were successful or not. I particularly went from around 20~30 FPS to 40~50. Since prison seems to have a lot of objects, those new settings might help you increase your frames.

ObamaBlinking.png

Edited by BlackShot
Mr. Linux, ILegend, Kettles and 5 others like this
On 2/1/2017 at 0:49 PM, henky said:

great solution, lets change our settings before going to the bank.

1. It's not a solution, it's a workaround
2. It might work for bank since it gives you better FPS overall, but the main idea is to work for prison (I particularly don't have any problems with banks)
3. You don't need to change your video settings every time you do a prison/bank/whatever
4. Feel free to share a better solution yourself if you're so displeased

;)

Edited by BlackShot
8 minutes ago, henky said:

better solution. change the god damn prison.

problem solved.

I feel like you're only complaining because if people actually get their FPS fixed in there, it's one less thing to argue about changing the prison. If you are mad at how the new prison looks like, you're missing the point of this topic. Should throw your anger somewhere else, bud. It's only a guide.

Kettles likes this
  • 1 year later...

Im preety sure the way that Arma works, the higher the settings are the more hardware the game utilizes. 

For example, if you have all your settings on the lowest that they can be then the game will only use CPU. If you have a mix between High and Medium it uses GPU and CPU. Still not at their full potential but it uses GPU and CPU depending on your settings.

Also overlocking your CPU and GPU helps alot. Usually all GPU's have a good enough Cooling System that can support a bit of overclocking.

And on the other hand CPU's just need a goodish to good Air Cooler thats like £10-£15 around 13$-20$ and you can easily overclock your CPU to its max. I got a AMD 8350 with a 120MM fan on a Medium Sized heatsink and its around 4.5Ghz and under load around 80C. Intel wont need as much cooling because they mainly have better chipsets, but anyway. 

Your settings dont have to be on low. Just try to get a perfect mix between Med and High settings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...