Change log 7.10.0

bamf

Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I'm not advocating for old prison exactly.  Just the new prison sucks and forcing it on people when people clearly aren't interested in doing it seems ridiculous.

It actually doesnt suck at all. We fought a group there a week or so ago and it was really fun and evenly balanced.

@bamf maybe we need a guide to detail how the new prison mechanics work

Edited by HotWings
32 minutes ago, HotWings said:

The poll of 60 people from hundreds? Stop acting like your poll carries actual weight....

How does it not carry weight? My poll is based on factspeople want the old prison back. 90% of people think so according to the poll. If you're dismissing a poll, you're basically dismissing most of the worlds statistics. It's damn near impossible to ask every single person for their opinion on the prison - not to mention a lot of new people won't even know what it was since it dates back to September. 

You're basing the fact that the prison shouldn't be moved on what? Subjectivity? That's not a valid argument point and you should damn well know that.

If you guys want a prison that only staff and a select few will do - just say it. The community has spoken - including career cops - and they want the Pyrgos prison back. You have to think of the community - not the 5 people who voted against implementing it back versus the 60-something who want it implemented.

It was fun and people actually did it every day - not to mention it was simple and self-explanatory. Defend the prison until the prisoners are released. It's nothing short of what the bank currently is. 

Prison shouldn't even be considered an end-game activity at this point because it's not even relevant anymore.

Newfie couldn't have said it better

lol what do you mean this post again. has any gang even tried to do a prison break since the new one was implemented. probably not. its simply shit. people just want a simple mechanic that fucking works. its not hard to comprehend. people donate money to the server. the least they can do is put some time towards things people actually ask for. then you get the same career cops that say the say shit every time a member of the asylum community suggests change that is actually wanted. 

Edited by massi
37 minutes ago, Scott said:

I'm fine with the prison location, I just wish it worked. Maybe it does work but who knows, since nobody knows how to even start the damn thing.

This. This is what happens at the new prison.

• Start prison at npc
  • shoot at apd
  • get surprised when apd start spawning on top of your Nuts and places you've already cleared(because realism, right?)
  • Realize this isn't going anywere
  • Look for gates / doors to lockpick.... only to find them ALREADY FUCKING OPEN
  • Kill more apd
  • fly away in orca after giving up on getting a friend out of jail.

What actually pisses me off the most about this, is not the fact that it seems broken. What pisses me off the most about this is the fact that the community clearly wants a system similar to what we had, because it was fun, and worked.

You could get your friends out of jail (or fail and go there yourself) so they wouldn't have to sit there for 45 minutes. 

If we're being honest here, it's a pretty ill-advised move on Paratus's part to withdraw from a community that relies on donations ( and as far as I can tell receives it)  and then not be active in the decision-making/listening to the community; as-in what the supportors would actually like to continue to play in the community. 

If you move on to another project, cool! But for gods sake give the keys to the house-attendant before you vacation in France. 

I.E: Leave a CM with some ability to develop in your absence.

Absence will kill a community's  morale faster then toxicity.

Edited by Professor Pericles
2 hours ago, massi said:

How does it not carry weight? My poll is based on factspeople want the old prison back. 90% of people think so according to the poll.

problem with your poll is that the current prison sucks and you only give people 1 option. Your poll should have had more options suchs as recreated prison at another location with/without current mechanics etc. Your poll is like asking if people want meth to be at the current price or buffed by 25%, guess what people will respond

Just now, Budbringer said:

problem with your poll is that the current prison sucks and you only give people 1 option. Your poll should have had more options suchs as recreated prison at another location with/without current mechanics etc. Your poll is like asking if people want meth to be at the current price or buffed by 25%, guess what people will respond

@massi basically he means your poll is weighted in your favor

Edited by Brandon
6 hours ago, Budbringer said:

Why would I suggest a new prison location? We all know how that worked out after moving Pyrgos prison. It was a disaster. Pyrgos prison was the only decent one. Designing a new one will only make matters worse. Isn't this prison like the 4th revision or something after the Pyrgos prison was removed? 

My poll is not at all like what you implied. What you are implying is just plain exaggeration of what I stated. 

Maybe we should go back to the lakka prison

/s

Edited by massi
14 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Because its not "stand at NPC behind armored wall and shoot fish in a barrel".

It has got to be said though, the bank is essentially 'sit on roof and camp ladder for x minutes'. Prison breaks aren't exactly worth the effort of running in circles trying to find a locked door so you can actually start the damn thing. You risk sending you and your friends into prison for 30-45 minutes for one or two people that if caught again just go back for another 45. Not to mention they would probably have 25 minutes left by the time you break them out. 

If a system like this was added to something that could actually hold monetary reward it might be taken up better. Beforehand if people just wanted an easy way to kill cops with 3-4 guys they would do a prison/bank, now they just do the bank. I don't see more people doing the prison with the current setup unless it becomes actually worth the risk of doing. 

The fact that all updates must be approved by somebody who doesn't play and is inactive on the forums is a bit silly. There are tons of members of this community and it feels like there is such a huge bottleneck caused by extreme stubbornness. The people that do actively use the forums would be the most dedicated and experienced members and their opinion should hold a substantial weight. So when over 80% of the active forum users all agree something needs to be changed it is a bit disheartening to be basically told "It works, get over it".

When it comes down to it, Asylum is not an RP life server. A lot of players play simply to shoot people, make money and flex their e-peen. They enjoyed standing behind a wall and shooting people because that's basically all Asylum is. Outside shooting/robbing people and making money there isn't much else to do. The interactions between cops/civs is mostly cancerous. If it isn't the cops being salty because they died 3 times it's the civs refusing to RP or being toxic. The forums/sidechat is known for sarcasm and shit talking. New players join the servers only to get killed or trolled, when they go to the forums to ask why they get told to fuck off and find a new server. 

I am no saint and am definitely not a god amongst Asylum players, I enjoy doing the same things everybody else does. But the only way I see these in-depth systems working is if there is overall more added to Asylum that not only encourages more RP but enforces it. With the current amount of people working on Asylum it's an overwhelming task, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who are willing to contribute if you just ask.

TL:DR: The Prison system doesn't fit in. The fed being the closest comparison is done because it is profitable, but even then it is a very defence sided compound. If everything had the same similar design it might be accepted by the community better because all rebels had in the past were low-effort defensive positions. 

Edited by Legit