Asylum Server | Gray area FAQs | Please post your questions!

Can someone in your gang at the time team up with a buddy, using your map location & find you by using the map, then they both initiate on you down some of you, then carry you the the courthouse & the gang members buddy turn you guys in then split the money with the said gang member.

if a gang i am in kicks me out, am i allowed to than arrest members of that gang afterwards? say ive been with a gang for months and they get pissy and kick me out, can i than be free to arrest them as a bounty hunter or will that count as bounty sharing? i mean if im actively hunting them and not getting help at all or is the fact that we had known each other too big a deal

Just now, Nicolas March said:

Are you aloud to say hands up or die, then they put there hands up, then you restrain them, then bring them to redzone to kill them is that aloud?

Yes.

Once you have someone in restraints, you can kill them for dressing like a hippie if you really want to.

Just now, Nicolas March said:

I know that, but you then need to give them a reason why your killing them, are you aloud to just kill them because its a red zone (if he was in restrains)

RDM rules do not apply in redzones. Therefore, you can kill anyone you want to in a redzone, regardless of how they got there.

Since I asked different admins and always got different questions, will post my question here.

SCENARIO: Player A and player B plan to do a fed. Player A gets a Box Truck and player B gets a Mohawk. Both go to the Federal Reserve. After putting gold bars in the truck, player B slings player A in the truck and they leave with the gold bars. Is this considered exploit?

In my personal opinion you still have the risk to lose the Mohawk if you don't fly it properly/get downed by cops/slings bug. Admin 1 says it is exploit because you're supposed to leave the fed with ground vehicles. Admin 2 says it's probably not, because it's a game functionality and there are also risks involved on this.

Edited by BlackShot

Say I'm in the middle of kavala making a nimrod meme, and we get into a gunfight. Now, people in kavala tend to crowd around the person you're shooting at so its quite annoying and hard to hit the person your aiming for, usually I hit everyone around the guy I'm trying to shoot. So is it RDM if people get caught in the crossfire for being dumb?

On 2/24/2017 at 4:05 PM, Markus Omari said:

Say I'm in the middle of kavala making a nimrod meme, and we get into a gunfight. Now, people in kavala tend to crowd around the person you're shooting at so its quite annoying and hard to hit the person your aiming for, usually I hit everyone around the guy I'm trying to shoot. So is it RDM if people get caught in the crossfire for being dumb?

ive seen a few posts on this so....

Cop goes in sofia Hears Gun fire! He sirens runs around and downs people he sees that has a gun.. that man is wanted but... the man didn't shoot since he only heard the sirens and didn't want to rdm the cop... who is at wrong?

Ive seen cops run into a town turn sirens on and down everyone that has a gun and turns to look at the cops walking up...

Edited by bigjohn561
10 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

ive seen a few posts on this so....

Cop goes in sofia Hears Gun fire! He sirens runs around and downs people he sees that has a gun.. that man is wanted but... the man didn't shoot since he only heard the sirens and didn't want to rdm the cop... who is at wrong?

Ive seen cops run into a town turn sirens on and down everyone that has a gun and turns to look at the cops walking up...

gU2TUkm.png

Olivia and BlackShot like this
4 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

Amazing we have so many admins without the admin tag that answers questions lol...

No non-admin answered any questions. They just took the time to search for the question that was already answered by an admin, you should be glad you got an answer at all considering the only 'admin' to actually answer people on this thread in the past 2 weeks has been @Gnashes

Just now, Gnashes said:

Until told not to answer anymore, I consider myself a pretty decent source of "what's likely to (and not to) get you banned".

:shrug:

I was commending the fact you're the only person who has answered people and you're not even an Admin so you shouldn't have to. Believe it or not, compliments on Asylum do exist albeit rare. :FeelsBadMan:

BlackShot likes this
On 19/01/2017 at 9:18 PM, Sneaky said:

Let me have a discussion with volunteer to make sure that we are on the same page. I do not want to create confusion between what I say and what he has already posted on this discussion. It is definitely a tricky area so I will try and come up with a simpler definition so we don't go through every "APD says X" scenario. The goal of this thread is to provide clarity for the player without a convoluted explanation. Anything I say at this point may just cause confusion. *TLDR this response will be delayed pending a discussion*

Did you get any answers on that, @Sneaky?

On 21/01/2017 at 4:50 AM, BlackShot said:

1. Guidebook says/said vehicles are an extent of their owners; therefore, if a person steals your vehicle he/she would be technically robbing you, which should mean they are initiated with you. Following this logic, if someone lock-picks my vehicle and drives away with it, am I able to shoot the driver? If it's a hatchback sport I wouldn't be able to initiate in a timely manner anyway.

2. If someone points a gun at my car and tells me "get out", is he/she initiated? What if the gun is not pointed or the guy is only there to initiate for his group (so he's got no gun), does that change anything? Let me know if I need to clarify it more.

3. SCENARIO: Somebody has previously been killed by me. This person comes back and starts chasing me in a hatchback sport, full speed. We both pull out of the car and he has a gun, but he holsters it as soon as he sees he's outnumbered, so he complies with our demands. Would the fact that he was chasing us be enough to kill him, even complying with our commands? If not, can you give examples on how to kill him quickly, 'cause we know he had bad intentions and we don't want him to live? For example, would I be able to say "my religion doesn't allow me to let masked people live" and kill him next? (Sorry, first thing that came to my mind, only as a matter of example. :P)

On 23/02/2017 at 4:32 PM, BlackShot said:

Since I asked different admins and always got different questions, will post my question here.

SCENARIO: Player A and player B plan to do a fed. Player A gets a Box Truck and player B gets a Mohawk. Both go to the Federal Reserve. After putting gold bars in the truck, player B slings player A in the truck and they leave with the gold bars. Is this considered exploit?

In my personal opinion you still have the risk to lose the Mohawk if you don't fly it properly/get downed by cops/slings bug. Admin 1 says it is exploit because you're supposed to leave the fed with ground vehicles. Admin 2 says it's probably not, because it's a game functionality and there are also risks involved on this.

By the way, can any admins, contributors or community manager answer those questions? Seems like they got left in the dust.

:shrug:

Edited by BlackShot
Mr. Linux likes this

I have encountered this problem in the past and been told "we don't ban for that" but just to clarify; putting your back to a wall to 3rd behind it/your surroundings is ACCEPTABLE in Asylum.

https://gyazo.com/6a1e5896f55e636ad2c747d1dd549da2

Also, what about peering through floors to see the floor below you as you see Azeh here with his weapon through the floor.

https://gyazo.com/3ef750fdfca4cbbb94156ad87620e430

Olivia likes this

@Sneaky @Volunteer281

What if you guys put it like 'disobeying an order from a police officer (as long as he/she identifies himself/herself appropriately) gives him/her ground to down whoever they're engaging in a dialogue'? That way we don't go through every "APD says X" scenario. After all, I think that's what @Volunteer281 meant. Am I right?

Edited by BlackShot
Mr. Linux likes this
On 3/3/2017 at 3:31 PM, BlackShot said:

@Sneaky @Volunteer281

What if you guys put it like 'disobeying an order from a police officer (as long as he/she identifies himself/herself appropriately) gives him/her ground to down whoever they're engaging in a dialogue'? That way we don't go through every "APD says X" scenario. After all, I think that's what @Volunteer281 meant. Am I right?

Well i did pass it up the chain and i put my suggestion forward to make that situation a more clear and fair experience but i guess nothing came of it. Sorry bud

BlackShot likes this
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2017 at 4:08 PM, Nicolas March said:

Will it work if I start my computer, open my game, then get rdmed just has I spawn in, I dont have 5 minutes, can I still report them or do I need 5 minutes?

If you got enough evidence that you just started the game and everything before the RDM yes, you can report him with that.

On 3/10/2017 at 5:22 PM, jjj said:

Q:

I've been RDMd by bounty hunters countless times. If I am very confident in that it was a down without roleplay and I shadowplay the encounter, am I allowed to log as I don't want to waste 45 minutes of my night from a cheater jailing me?

I've seen and heard of similar situations where someone exploits/cheats to arrest someone and they log, so wondering about this scenario.

No, You are not allowed to break any server rule under any situation. Someone breaking rules on you doesnt gives you the chance to do the same. Yes it sucks, but the best you can do is report so we can start making a change in the community by following the rules and giving fairplay.

On 23/02/2017 at 4:32 PM, BlackShot said:

TL;DR: Is it considered exploit to sling a Box Truck with gold bars out of the Federal Reserve with a Mohawk?

@Gnashes, I'm tagging you 'cause you seem to be the only one alive and around. :shrug: Would like to know your opinion on this.

Mr. Linux likes this

Okay question here, sometimes  when i am on civ with my gang, and i am about to go on cop i have these childish gangmates (for instance) @King Yuri who quickly scream I AM GONNA DO METH IF U COME IT'S METAGAMING. And I understand this makes it metagaming so i don't go there. Here are 2 questions around this statement :                                                                                                                     

Notificitation/Clearification : If another officer goes into meth-lab, (without me telling them they are there obviously), they will still cry metagaming, wich it isn't (i assume), and i dont feel like having my entire APD conversation on recording just because of this). I don't see how this can be solved myself so any opinions would be great.  

Question A : is there a certain timer before i can go into meth lab myself without hearing mr squeaker crying about metagaming? (at least that I know he can scream all he wants but i didn't Metagame/ commit a bannable offence action)

Question B : Stating i'm playing cop and i recieve a message from steam I AM GONNA DO METH IF U COME IT'S METAGAMING. Can I still go to meth-lab, i mean this is practically selfincrimination through a non-game way.

Note1  i posted this in the APD gray faq/area and got directed over here.

Note2 i would say 99 % of my gang doesn't do this, there are 1 or 2 tho ...

Edited by wollie35
9 hours ago, wollie35 said:

Okay question here, sometimes  when i am on civ with my gang, and i am about to go on cop i have these childish gangmates (for instance) @King Yuri who quickly scream I AM GONNA DO METH IF U COME IT'S METAGAMING. And I understand this makes it metagaming so i don't go there. Here are 2 questions around this statement :                                                                                                                     

Notificitation/Clearification : If another officer goes into meth-lab, (without me telling them they are there obviously), they will still cry metagaming, wich it isn't (i assume), and i dont feel like having my entire APD conversation on recording just because of this). I don't see how this can be solved myself so any opinions would be great.  

Question A : is there a certain timer before i can go into meth lab myself without hearing mr squeaker crying about metagaming? (at least that I know he can scream all he wants but i didn't Metagame/ commit a bannable offence action)

Question B : Stating i'm playing cop and i recieve a message from steam I AM GONNA DO METH IF U COME IT'S METAGAMING. Can I still go to meth-lab, i mean this is practically selfincrimination through a non-game way.

Note1  i posted this in the APD gray faq/area and got directed over here.

Note2 i would say 99 % of my gang doesn't do this, there are 1 or 2 tho ...

i said it once :) for fun xd 

19 minutes ago, James Ford said:

If a person gets downed while driving and they keep driving is it exploiting?

Yes as the technically should not have ANY control of their body.