Asylum Server | Gray area FAQs | Please post your questions!

Means exactly what it says. If restrained for more than 10 minutes, the player can say "I am no longer enjoying this RP and will be disconnecting" and exit the game. This does not include travel time to an HQ or during on-going combat. This prevents players for simply downing and re-restraining a player.

Olivia likes this
Just now, massi said:

If a helicopter is hovering above me would it be considered RDM to shoot the rotor out? Technically the same thing as shooting tires out of a vehicle right? 

If it results in their death, RDM.

2 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

Can the rules on map have that added then?

Already there and has been for 3+ years.

3: Civilians cannot keep anyone restrained or hostage for more then ten minutes without gaining the consent of the victim. If you have been restrained by civilians for 10 minutes or more, you may disconnect without fear of punishment.

3 minutes ago, sloth1024 said:

Was just wondering are people allowed to mess with medics like they would a civ. An example be am i allowed to walk up to medics and tell the to put their hands up or die. If so i feel that should be a change seeing as though the medics lack the ability in any way to defend themselves in that situation. (also if there is a separate thread on the gray area and rumors surrounding what is allowed with medics i would much appreciate a link so i can read up on that).

Medics are treated the same way as any other faction.

On 3/30/2017 at 7:25 AM, franticgoat said:

I know it says don't promote selling money on the forums, but what about once every 5-10 mins a short message in sidechat?

You are not permitted to advertise the selling of in-game money on any Asylum platform.

On 3/28/2017 at 1:39 AM, franticgoat said:

I told a Spanish kid hands up 20 times and he ignores me, when I down him his friend says he doesn't speak english. is this rdm or nah

This is an English speaking server, that is not RDM. If you know or they say they do not understand try and RP it and give them a little extra time if you feel polite enough.

Olivia likes this
On 3/31/2017 at 8:59 AM, massi said:

So I'm guessing since @Addon got a 7 day from this, this is now all of sudden not permitted? @Subaru @Olio

Should probably make a statement about this because when you change a rule, you have to let people know.

This has already been clarified. You can be in a broken down building, but if you are going to initiate and shoot, you must expose yourself.

Rosie likes this
On 3/30/2017 at 0:29 AM, Chris Preuninger said:

If a player runs in front of you truck to make you red then about 30 seconds later kills you isn't that rdm since he did just so he can kill you

This causing the aggression system from triggering should be fixed.

Rosie likes this
On 4/3/2017 at 5:16 PM, BlackShot said:

3 people sitting in a car (might not be in the same group, can't be sure). Driver OR passenger gets a message ("pull over with your hands up or die"). Vehicle doesn't pull over after reasonable time. Am I allowed to kill/down everyone who is in the car?

I think this is an inherit risk of being in a vehicle, I would find it hard to believe that the driver would not announce "oh shit someone initiated on us". I don't believe this would be ban worthy.

I should of used multi-quote I know...

Rosie, Heidelberg, Olivia and 1 other like this
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ACE_SCORPION said:

Please consider the following illegal area/red zone scenarios:

Scenario 1

Player A is within an illegal area/red zone.

Player B is within said illegal area/red zone.

Player A kills Player B without initiation.

Result: No RDM.

Scenario 2

Player A is within an illegal area/red zone.

Player B is outside said illegal area/red zone.

Result: RDM.

Scenario 3

Player A is outside an illegal area/red zone.

Player B is within said illegal area/red zone.

Result: RDM or no RDM?

I am asking because some players are saying that Scenario 3 is RDM and others say it is not RDM. I would like an official answer from an admin.

Anyone wothin an ilegal area can be killed with out prior engagement or initiation. 

On 4/11/2017 at 9:59 AM, Nicolas March said:

I was told you cant pay your bounty after arresting him, but

Can you pay him to go to your location so you can arrest him? or would this still not be aloud

Your bounty target can not make money off of his bounty. 

10 hours ago, Legit said:

@Olio

If somebody is lockpicking or repairing a car and you initiate on them, do you have to give them time to finish their action or expect they know how to press escape and put their hands up. I've run into multiple people claiming I didn't initiate since they didn't have time to stop/finish the animation to put their hands up.

It is really easy to just press escape and act like you're still in an animation just to fake people out to shoot them.

You should give them reasonable time to comply with your demands. Some players do not know that pressing escape ends the animation so you need to take that into account when initiating. You could tell them how to do it and see if it helps. But if they still refuse to stop and you have made a reasonable effort to give them time to comply and tell them how they can stop the animation then shoot away.  

On 4/14/2017 at 6:29 AM, Danny said:

Is "red zone circle" on illegal areas very strict? Situation:

I approach Cocaine Field from hill side with mk-1 out, clearly there to snipe people who are inside field, and I get killed a few meters before I enter circle by some random guy who was camping bush on a hill top (and probably protecting cocaine runners). Is it considered RDM, as I didn't enter red zone yet, didn't start shooting at people inside field, and didn't even take position yet, or my intentions are clear enough to extend that red zone circle a few meters?

There is a reasonable buffer around the red zones. Plus or minus a few meters is ok because things happen, the fight moves, or the player misjudged the area slightly etc Where we run into an issue is when it is clear they are outside the illegal area. 150m outside? Probably going to run into an issue. 5-10m out? Usually you will be ok. 

Realistically though we would prefer all of the engagements to be well within the red zone to prevent any issues from popping up but we understand things happen from time to time. 

Danny likes this
20 hours ago, Nicolas March said:

I was told you cannnot shot thru a wall or a building, but am I aloud to see thru it? like in the big green tower can I look though the floor to see them comming up? or would this still be not aloud (Not shoting though the floor)?

There is bullet penetration in game depending on the weapon you use and the object(s) you are shooting through. Like sandbags with 7.62

Shooting the bullets themselves through an object isnt a problem. It is when you exploit the barrel of your weapon through that object where you will find yourself in trouble. 

As for turning your camera to see on the otherside of walls, while highly discouraged because it gives you an unfair advantage and breaks immersion, is very hard to police on the server. Because you cant tell from the outside if a player is doing it or not. 

3 hours ago, LastKiller said:

@Gnashes why did you remove the agression system after all this time?how am i supposed to fucking know if i get rdmed by someone or if the guys are in the same group?at least make it so that if a player is in a group his group name shows up under his name much like gangs.

It was removed for troubleshooting server side issues 

3 hours ago, Cole Trickle said:

Q 1: With TEF system disabled and mask in game if group a and group b are fighting and someone rolls up in a non red zone with a gun out can you shoot because it's considered an active firefight? There is no way of knowing if they are with the other group.   

Q 2: I have a gold bar in my car and I have  given keys to my friend and we get caught by the police can they charge both of us for the gold bar. Same question only this time with drugs. Happened a couple times where it seems they just want to run up our bounties by charging us both for the same item.  

Q 3: if fighting drug cartel on peninsula and gang A is in cap, gang B is pushing and gang C comes from behind gang B. Can gang C and B engage each other without initiation even if they are 600m - 1000m outside of cap. 

Sorry if these are dumb questions just hearing different things from past forum post/current players.

Q1.) You should make reasonable attempts to identify your targets. However, if a player knowingly enters an active firefight they should realize they might get shot at. 

Q2.) When you give/get keys to a vehicle you become a registered owner of that vehicle. As a registered owner you are held accountable for anything in that vehicle because you are in care, custody, control, management of the vehicle. If neither of you admit ownership of the contraband you both can/will be charged for it.

Q3.) Cartel red zones are defined in the server rules. The fight needs to happen AT the cartel not outside the radius. If the other group is outside the cartel area then RDM rules are in effect and no initiation means they have violated the server RDM rules. 

3 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

Using text as int but what if u know for sure they haven't seen u... for a example.... I was in rodo.. respawned to pangia  And was sitting inside my house and got a message hands up or die as I was fixing to respawn to one of my other houses... And I got a message hands up or die.. I replied saying, u don't even know where I am. His response was I know I'm just doing it so then u can't log/respawn again as we are driving toward u. So do I have to sit and wait? Or just ignore?

Its an ugly one. But I would say, if you just respawned and you are 100% sure nobody saw you feel free to log/ respawn etc. However give it like 1min or longer bust to make sure on your end.

26 minutes ago, Promethieus said:

I am restrained and blindfolded. I realize my restraints have fallen off after the 10 minutes. My blindfold is still on. I know that the scroll option is at the bottom to take my blindfold off. Can I take my blindfold off when I'm unrestrained?

If your hands are free and the ability is there, you can take it off. 

4 minutes ago, mattmatt222333 said:

If you are driving, someone comes down the street in the opposite direction, and they u turn and blatantly follow you. Can you pop out and shoot without voice/text role play? 

They seem to be aggressive with their driving. 

No, you still need to initiate with your target, or wait till they initiate with you.

1 hour ago, WilliamS said:

If I'm on cop processing person A and then person B comes up and grabs person A do I need to initiate on person B to down them?

Depends. If person B is a random and you are not initiated with them, yes. Initiate first. If he is in a group/gang with person A and you are still initiated, no. Shoot away. 

15 hours ago, BlackShot said:

Gang mates are fighting in a bank. One of them is waiting for the cops to arrive at the HQ. Cops have red names at bank but not at the HQ - because of the distance. If my gang is initiated at the bank, is the person at the HQ automatically initiated with whoever cop arrives, regardless of the red name?

Do you want them to camp donor as you spawn in? No. When that far away you need to initiate. Especially if it's a cop that went a couple times and is switching to regular patrol.

BlackShot likes this

Someone steals your vehicle. You see YOUR vehicle with someone else in it. Do you need to initiate or not? Seems like initiation is the theft.

If you see him in the process of lock picking it you can shoot, if he was already driving around and you find him somewhere else, then you will need to engage.

On 4/30/2017 at 4:05 PM, ItsViolett said:

If someone lands a heli at skiptracer and was in the process of scrolling through the menu to store the heli.  If they store it as a message was sent to them to "get out of the orca and put your hands up or die" but the person was already out of the heli is that not proper initiation.

@BaDaBiNg_10-8 @Will @Sojobo @Clint Beastwood

Initiation is not required in red zones as Skiptracer is one. If you store it before any RP situation, then you would be good. This is why reports are handle case by case, as each scenario was different.

On 3. 5. 2017 at 5:42 PM, Jimbo said:

Since @Volunteer281s post regarding this was hidden:

Can I log off after being restrained by civs after 10 minutes has passed?

Volunteers post changed the ruling on this for a while, now that the post is gone, does that mean it is back to being allowed?

I got downed and restrained and we were driving around. after 9mins they re-initate with me do I have to wait another 10min to log off?

Edited by iSnuff