Something needs to be done, obviously.

Dork

6 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

3. One day a better compensation system should be created. I have a few idea's and some code but that'll be for another day

Recently the posiblity has been added that Admins can directly compensate your monetary losses. Either you are ingame or not, so waiting in the comp channel is no more.

4 minutes ago, Reapered said:

I think the removal of csat's or the tac vest script would help a lot. When some of the asylum players played on Olympus when the servers were down, killing people felt smooth and crisp. 

fairly sure they have csats and regular carriers...

Just now, Sugarfoot said:

Thats pretty sick,

So yeah i do agree on your points, definitly the staff is working hard on improving the servers and services that fit with it. I believe that rebel costs are fine as they are, they are just mistaken. Having the best of the best defensive gear ect costing alot when you have cheaper options are just a choice you have to make.

I can do just fine without any clothing/vest at a cartel, not it's not ideal for face to face trading but then i adjust my playstyle and suddenly i got half the price loadouts!

Rebels sometimes drown 10 loadouts a day and then can't be arsed to make money, it's not the "game" thats broken. It's their problem :P 

Just now, HotWings said:

What does that have to do with Arma? 

He's under the hilarious delusion that Identity money hasn't gone to professional services and the salaries of the entire Identity Development team (for 2 years now)

@Gnashes

I would like to quickly point out that I only get the "3 FPS" problem on Asylum. I do realize that this bug is recognised by bohemia and is not limited to Asylum. I may also just have terrible luck on Asylum causing it to happen once every hour or two but never on any other servers.

I'm not sure what could be done on @Paratuss end but it does seem like something could be done to lessen the chance. 

(I think it might be related to the skins added in as I mainly get it when people pull out skinned orcas/ifrits) 

Just now, Legit said:

@Gnashes

I would like to quickly point out that I only get the "3 FPS" problem on Asylum. I do realize that this bug is recognised by bohemia and is not limited to Asylum. I may also just have terrible luck on Asylum causing it to happen once every hour or two but never on any other servers.

I'm not sure what could be done on @Paratuss end but it does seem like something could be done to lessen the chance. 

(I think it might be related to the skins added in as I mainly get it when people pull out skinned orcas/ifrits) 

:shrug:

That's your client loading a skin from your computer. If Arma is that bad then there's not a lot we can do.

Just now, Midamaru said:

So yeah i do agree on your points, definitly the staff is working hard on improving the servers and services that fit with it. I believe that rebel costs are fine as they are, they are just mistaken. Having the best of the best defensive gear ect costing alot when you have cheaper options are just a choice you have to make.

I can do just fine without any clothing/vest at a cartel, not it's not ideal for face to face trading but then i adjust my playstyle and suddenly i got half the price loadouts!

Rebels sometimes drown 10 loadouts a day and then can't be arsed to make money, it's not the "game" thats broken. It's their problem :P 

Well now hear me out. For me to hop on and compete with anyone else I need to Pay:

15k for an mk1

5k for a carrier lite

5k for pilot coveralls

1.1k for a scope

3.5k for mags

2k for medical

3k for y inventory

optional: 1k for smokes + first aid kits + NVG's + Bino's.

Extra: 5k per frag grenade

Total Cost usually: 34.1k without optionals

Thats pretty steep, if you die 3 times you have lost about 13% of your total cash. This is excluding a 100k orca or 120k ifrit that you might lose. Just my two cents,

Meth does make good money but I sometimes feel like the ration is 1.5 hours of making money per 1 hours of playing.

Im also a little dissapointed that when new players ask how to get money its really meth or the highway sometimes.

Haych and Feenix like this
5 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Considering Asylum Altis Life is run off of nothing but donations and Paratus's pocket its very very unlikely he can afford to pay someone.

506a5d2ada885709dca95d6925a60edf.png3337684da51708ce52c7bc2874621380.png:kappa::kappa::kappa::kappa::kappa::kappa::kappa::kappa::kappa::kappa:9f29491d2a9b83d0f39f1eddfd7e400b.png:kappa::kappa::kappa::kappa::kappa:9f29491d2a9b83d0f39f1eddfd7e400b.png

<div id="inner-editor"></div>
Edited by W00bzy

Im also a little dissapointed that when new players ask how to get money its really meth or the highway sometimes.

I made the majority of my start up money from Iron honestly.  I feel like when they combined all the mines into one location it made it easier to rob the newer players using that as a way to make money.  I used to run hemmts of iron because you never had to go to town, the mine, proc, trader were all near DP 11 and you could deposit at the gas station.  

2 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

Well now hear me out. For me to hop on and compete with anyone else I need to Pay:

15k for an mk1

5k for a carrier lite

5k for pilot coveralls

1.1k for a scope

3.5k for mags

2k for medical

3k for y inventory

optional: 1k for smokes + first aid kits + NVG's + Bino's.

Extra: 5k per frag grenade

Total Cost usually: 34.1k without optionals

I mostly have 1-2 mil and spending that 30k feels like nothing to me. If you wanna compete at the top, you should have the resources.

Oh well i think this will be an endless discussion but my view on this is just:

The cost is a choice, if you wanna spend much money you should be ready to also make much money. If it's too much, figure out ways to lesser your costs.

Edited by Midamaru
Just now, HotWings said:

I made the majority of my start up money from Iron honestly.  I feel like when they combined all the mines into one location it made it easier to rob the newer players using that as a way to make money.  I used to run hemmts of iron because you never had to go to town, the mine, proc, trader were all near DP 11 and you could deposit at the gas station.  

When i first started I picked apples till I could mine diamonds. I made decent money and loadouts were like 150k - 200k , which is obviously 15-20k now. Im not saying they should be that cheap but 25k for an mk1 loadout with pilot coveralls should be what it costs not 35k

Midamaru likes this
Just now, Midamaru said:

I mostly have 1-2 mil and spending that 30k feels like nothing to me. If you wanna compete at the top, you should have the resources.

Oh well i think this will be an endless discussion but my view on this is just:

The cost is a choice, if you wanna spend much money you should be ready to also make much money. If it's too much, figure out ways to lesser your costs.

I totally get where you are coming from , I was more or less speaking in terms of this:

I get home from school I have 600k. If we do an hour of cartels I walk away with like 450k. I go make money for an hour I make honestly like 80k from meth. so I spent two hours making what I spent in 1 hour. That aint that big of a deal, then here comes the cops that arrest me, the kids who camp donor or wait for you to walk out of rebel and before you know it im logging on from school with 4 hours of farming to do for 0 hours of play.

Thats kind of what I meant. If your not at the top its pretty hard to get there

Haych and Midamaru like this

I totally get where you are coming from , I was more or less speaking in terms of this:

I get home from school I have 600k. If we do an hour of cartels I walk away with like 450k. I go make money for an hour I make honestly like 80k from meth. so I spent two hours making what I spent in 1 hour. That aint that big of a deal, then here comes the cops that arrest me, the kids who camp donor or wait for you to walk out of rebel and before you know it im logging on from school with 4 hours of farming to do for 0 hours of play.

Play cop :frog:

I just make like 2-3 mil in the weekend (meth,cartels,banks) and never end up spending it throughout the week.

Never really find enough fights to spend all that, so i end up carrying RPG's, suicide vests, nades, pulling the vehicles for cartels hell i even give away millions haha.

Guess it really depends per person, i just really never had a problem making money.

1 minute ago, Midamaru said:

I just make like 2-3 mil in the weekend (meth,cartels,banks) and never end up spending it throughout the week.

Never really find enough fights to spend all that, so i end up carrying RPG's, suicide vests, nades, pulling the vehicles for cartels hell i even give away millions haha.

Guess it really depends per person, i just really never had a problem making money.

I mean I do run meth but like i said its roughly 80k per hour and I sure as fuck aint going to spend more then 2 hours a day making money thats just ridiculous

6 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

Then die less :frog:

Sounds rude but, if you want to spend 200k a hour then i don't think the loadout cost is the main issue :P

Well I mean a cartel against any decent team shouldn'[t take more then 15 mins. You are bound to die atleast 50% of the time attacking or defending and 

I would much rather come back to the fight and possibly win it rather then Gee Wiz Boss I dont Wanna Lose 35k, Defib me first!

15k is way to much for an mk1. It should be 10k, and lets be honest no other gun can compete right now against pilot coveralls. Its mk1 or none

Edited by Sugarfoot

Well I mean a cartel against any decent team shouldn'[t take more then 15 mins. You are bound to die atleast 50% of the time attacking or defending and 

I would much rather come back to the fight and possibly win it rather then Gee Wiz Boss I dont Wanna Lose 35k, Defib me first!

Well what can i say, it's rather an expensive hobby.. those cartel fights :P

Spend your study loan on Asylum $$ like the big boys on here do.

Just now, PublicEnemy said:

What's a study loan? xD

A student loan is a type of loan designed to help students pay for post-secondary education and the associated fees, such as tuition, books and supplies, and living expenses.

OR

TO BUY ASYLUM MONEY WITH TO FIGHT FOR DAYSSSS AND MAKE MONTAGES TO HAVE A BIG E-PEEN

Edited by Midamaru
DreamC and PublicEnemy like this
Just now, Feenix said:

I've made a post before CSATS were a thing to nerf gun costs and blah blah blah. They nerfed it & fights were constant back when RD or Cr was a thing .

Than they decided to hey lets add another 5k to loadouts even though they arent even dirt cheap.

Want to hear an average loadout in 6.0? If anyone wants to see the proof i'll link

CSATS or Clothing - $1,000

TAC VEST - $12,500

BACKPACK - $2,500

MK-18 - $88,000

7.62 Mags - $440

NV - $3,000

MRCO - 13,200

OPTIONAL - GREANDE $44,000

That equals a 120k-130k loadout. or now you could say 12k loadout. 

But now loadouts are worth 30-35k but hey that doesnt matter am i right?

@Sugarfoot 

Exactly , Hell I didnt mind paying 20k for my katiba loadout but I cant fucking kill anyone with 7 shots now a days so its Mk1 or none. And at the price of 35k jesus

1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

:shrug:

That's your client loading a skin from your computer. If Arma is that bad then there's not a lot we can do.

It was simply an observation, seems to only happen on servers with lots of custom textures. 

Just to say, since the #911 has been added using reply or text has cut the last character off.

Edited by Legit