Emergency Vehicle Light Changes/Additions

I've been playing around with lights in editor and think it would be cool if the lights were all blue to match current law enforcement standards and to have a yield traffic control bar. The yield traffic control bar would only be able to be activated while stopped as to prevent scroll wheel cluttering. Also, if you notice in the video it would be better, for safety reasons, if all vehicles/ranks had rear lights too.

All the changes shown. Pay attention to the brightness of the old emergency lights vs the new during day.

APD

AFD

Wig Wag Lights

Old Stuff

Spoiler

Edit: Made the changes for the offroad and made it where the brightness for the lights during day is higher that way they will be more visible.

Spoiler

Edit: Maybe also some flashing barriers to go along with the traffic control bar? ❤️

Spoiler

More options for control lights. Can all flash, flash right to left or flash left to right.

Spoiler

Removed the need for scroll wheel options. Can press Tab then 1 to quickly activate the emergency lights or just Tab and then click the option.

Spoiler

3dd44bee62077e46d0f1a8a7cd3b72db.jpg

List of current changes/additions:

• SUV, Sport Hatch and Offroad have rear emergency lights standard.
  • Emergency light brightness is changed based on time of day. This means during the day they are brighter and more visible.
  • Emergency lights, at the request of Olio, were switched back to red and blue. If more people want blue then that is an easy thing Paratus/Bamf/Gnashes can change.
  • Emergency lights in standard and swat mode have slightly different flash styles.
    • Swat mode now flashes blue and red lights separate thus making it easier on the eyes or less prone to causing an epileptic seizure. Applies to SUV, Sport Hatch and Offroad.
  • Control lights added to SUV, Hatchback Sport and offroad. Modes are flashing, left to right, and right to left.
  • Some swat lights on the SUV are disabled while control lights are on. They will reactivate when control lights are turned off.
  • Removed need for scroll wheel option.
  • Tab pulls up the light switch box.
  • Pressing 1 while the light switch box is open activates lights and closes the light switch box. If the light switch box isn't open you will still open the wanted list.
Edited by Destrah
4 minutes ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

What Country/State mandates all blue police emergency lights?

I think its cause I'm in a southern state. A lot of agencies here use exclusively only blue lights. I actually like blue only and its easier on the eyes in my opinion.

Side note: Blue is exclusive to law enforcement whereas red can also be used by fire.

Edited by Destrah

I'm really getting carried away with messing around with ELS for police.

What do you guys think of this latest change? It allows the removal of the current scroll wheel to turn the emergency lights on and makes it where there won't have to be anymore scroll wheel options added for the control lights. Less scroll wheel options = more fps.

Spoiler

Edit: Made the box a bit smaller. 3dd44bee62077e46d0f1a8a7cd3b72db.jpg

Edited by Destrah
1 hour ago, Destrah said:

What do you guys think of this latest change? It allows the removal of the current scroll wheel to turn the emergency lights on and makes it where there won't have to be anymore scroll wheel options added.

Hide contents

This is brilliant @bamf @Gnashes @Paratus

On 3/4/2017 at 0:16 PM, Destrah said:

What do you guys think of this latest change? It allows the removal of the current scroll wheel to turn the emergency lights on and makes it where there won't have to be anymore scroll wheel options added for the control lights. Less scroll wheel options = more fps.

Hide contents

Edit: Made the box a bit smaller. 3dd44bee62077e46d0f1a8a7cd3b72db.jpg

wouldn't this require a mod or something?

On 2/26/2017 at 11:28 PM, Destrah said:

I think its cause I'm in a southern state. A lot of agencies here use exclusively only blue lights. I actually like blue only and its easier on the eyes in my opinion.

Side note: Blue is exclusive to law enforcement whereas red can also be used by fire.

Where i live it s the opposite red and yellow is fire police red white and blue and ems is straight yellow