Paramedic Improvements

Paramedic Opinions  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do Paramedics need Improvements?

• Yes, they do.
    • No, they are fine as is.

Would it be possible to see paramedics become more important in Asylum? I love playing them, but it seems a bit lacking. They are easily abused and often, from my experience, treated no differently than a civilian. Maybe if they get enough love, we could see them whitelisted as well? Just a few thoughts. What do you guys think?

- Maybe new ambulances.

- Ability to take people to the hospital for treatment.

- Extra payment for healing in various ways/repairing vehicles, or even taxi services.

- More clothing options. (Immersive ones, mind you.)

Update: Thanks for the replies, votes, and feedback. There was one other thing I feel like mentioning that someone brought up in-game. Cops can revive and treat someone just as well as a paramedic. Why is that? It further nullifies their place on the server.

Edited by Dastion
Additional Info
Silver-Spy, Sandwich, drex and 1 other like this
6 hours ago, Dastion said:

Would it be possible to see paramedics become more important in Asylum? I love playing them, but it seems a bit lacking. They are easily abused and often, from my experience, treated no differently than a civilian. Maybe if they get enough love, we could see them whitelisted as well? Just a few thoughts. What do you guys think?

- Maybe new ambulances.

- Extra payment for healing in various ways/repairing vehicles, or even taxi services.

As much as it would be cool to improve Medics, I believe this has been brought up a few times and always shut down. 

I forgot the specific reason, but I'm sure it was either 1) no one cares, 2) it would be tedious, or 3) it's fine how it is :FeelsBadMan:

Silver-Spy and Dastion like this
11 minutes ago, iLegend said:

Sometimes i play as paramedic and you receive 800$ by revive, you get the heli in Kavala goes to Air HQ and the payment is the same. That's depressing. 

I think that the paramedic should receive by the distance, or something like it. 

+1 :)

ive been charged 1500 because i was near dp 11 and the medic drove from kavala where he responded to the call from

We should be protected more... honestly anyone playing as medic constantly gets robbed (got robbed 3 times in about 45 minutes... twice my clothes, once my truck)...

And more medical clothing would be nice yes, as well as the necessity for some injuries to be dealt with in a hospital, or by specialized medics (white-listed?), such as loss of blood, instead of being simply, somehow treated in about 15 seconds.

Edited by Native
drex and Dastion like this
19 hours ago, iLegend said:

Sometimes i play as paramedic and you receive 800$ by revive, you get the heli in Kavala goes to Air HQ and the payment is the same. That's depressing. 

I think that the paramedic should receive by the distance, or something like it. 

+1 :)

I think the payment should be based on distance and the player revived pays 800, the rest of it is what they pay taxes for when they're at 20 percent, right?

On 3/11/2017 at 3:59 PM, Berus said:

Add a hatchback sport for them, increase the standard payout to 1000$ and make so you can transfer money through the phone.

I rather not have people who get on medic just to troll get hatchback sports there are a few FEW people get on medic to play medic the others get on to kill you then revive you to get money. So -1 on hatchbacks +1 for increased payout

Agreed that it should be Whitelisted I love Playing as Medic but I do not like the Trolls that play Medic Always running me Over! at once point, I think the payout was like 5000 maybe may have been another server.

1. Payout for revives 1000$

2. repairing 100-500$

3. Distance's 50-100$ per 1000-3000 meters 

4. Different Ranks= More money

5. Towing for Police instead of them Impounding it and it magically goes in the Garaged. How about when the Police hit the impound button the Medics have 5-15 mins to get before it Magically goes bye bye. Unless there are no Medics on. 800-2000$ per impound Maybe.

6. Maybe Whitelist Medics or at least Ban all the trolls off of Medic if they keep killing people. or just make these Changes

1+ this if you think this could work'

Brendon Smith and DrCycle7 like this
Just now, Mr Maow said:

Agreed that it should be Whitelisted I love Playing as Medic but I do not like the Trolls that play Medic Always running me Over! at once point, I think the payout was like 5000 maybe may have been another server.

1. Payout for revives 1000$

2. repairing 100-500$

3. Distance's 50-100$ per 1000-3000 meters 

4. Different Ranks= More money

5. Towing for Police instead of them Impounding it and it magically goes in the Garaged. How about when the Police hit the impound button the Medics have 5-15 mins to get before it Magically goes bye bye. Unless there are no Medics on. 800-2000$ per impound Maybe.

6. Maybe Whitelist Medics or at least Ban all the trolls off of Medic if they keep killing people. or just make these Changes

1+ this if you think this could work'

+1

drex likes this
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/11/2017 at 6:35 AM, Dastion said:

- Maybe new ambulances.

Update: Thanks for the replies, votes, and feedback. There was one other thing I feel like mentioning that someone brought up in-game. Cops can revive and treat someone just as well as a paramedic. Why is that? It further nullifies their place on the server.

I like the Ambulace idea. It would be a great idea if they had to put the player in and spend at least a minute or 2 on them to heal them rather than just some hand movements and a pick-up 

12 hours ago, DrCycle7 said:

I do agree with the salary being higher per revive. IMO 800 for local, and more for greater distance. 

yes this is such a great idea. it's so dumb because 90% of the time they won't go any farther than 2 km. and it would help if the 5 min bleed out was extended to something that if you go 5 mins without a revive... the revive would take like 2 mins and would require a medic and they would get paid more because the player would be in a terrible condition. 

DrCycle7 likes this

Also it would so cool if there were combat medics that could carry a pdw or pistol. maybe even a spar with protective armour. which i know is kinda crazy but if these "combat medics" were whitelisted it would make it where people wouldn't abuse it. Now this idea of a "combat medic" is basically formed around the idea that they can revive people in the red areas or in combat situations. obviously they would be supportive of the cops in all situations. Now lets say a rebel wants a revive in red zone... obviously it would be in the rules to kill them. so when they go to the rebel base to revive a player they would go around scope it out... initiate on any players that pose as a threat. a useful script would that they would put the player in their car (already revived) but it would be cool if the player was restrained which seems weird but this would make it so they put them in their vehicle and then drive away bring them to their "medic outpost" and finally heal them fully and release them. their payment would have a pretty huge increase but it would have to be for these types of revives in red areas outside of the city. Now let's say the players trade at rebel... we'll obviously this is a gray area but I am under the influence of adderal and I can explain this too. They would get both players put them in their vehicle and then take each player to different parts of the "outpost" (which would have door locks such as the governors office) heal one player release them. then do it to the next and make sure they don't kill eachother such as the cops do. I'm pretty bored and I took an Addy so i'm kinda just thinking of stuff rn. If you have read all of this thx and give me some feed back. Btw it would be necessary to have another medic request button. but obviously big gang members would want to be driven all the way to a "combat medic outpost" if they were fighting a cartel so they wouldn't request a combat medic. 

DrCycle7 likes this

it would be dope if medics got the option to either drive the player back to the hospital in a city or the player could request to pay an extra fee to be revived on the spot which would increase their payment and make it more interactive. Also it would make medics go and pick players up outside of the city because it would be more likely that they pay the extra fee to be release on the spot. 

13 hours ago, DrCycle7 said:

I do agree with the salary being higher per revive. IMO 800 for local, and more for greater distance. 

yes. an awesome implementation would be making it so outside the city players are placed in restraints and whitelisted medics could give them a ticket based on the distance outside the city. (500$ per kilometer) and if they don't pay it then they are driven all the way back to the city to be placed in a hospital room where they wait for their wounds to be fixed. both would equally pay the medic. 

On 3/11/2017 at 1:32 PM, Native said:

We should be protected more... honestly anyone playing as medic constantly gets robbed (got robbed 3 times in about 45 minutes... twice my clothes, once my truck)...

And more medical clothing would be nice yes, as well as the necessity for some injuries to be dealt with in a hospital, or by specialized medics (white-listed?), such as loss of blood, instead of being simply, somehow treated in about 15 seconds.

combat medic idea below. would be able to protect the medics like officers 

On 4/10/2017 at 5:36 AM, ICP | Drex said:

yes this is such a great idea. it's so dumb because 90% of the time they won't go any farther than 2 km. and it would help if the 5 min bleed out was extended to something that if you go 5 mins without a revive... the revive would take like 2 mins and would require a medic and they would get paid more because the player would be in a terrible condition. 

Exactly. See I stay where I'm making money... Which is Kovala, as you know. 

On 10/04/2017 at 8:52 AM, ICP | Drex said:

Also it would so cool if there were combat medics that could carry a pdw or pistol. maybe even a spar with protective armour. which i know is kinda crazy but if these "combat medics" were whitelisted it would make it where people wouldn't abuse it. Now this idea of a "combat medic" is basically formed around the idea that they can revive people in the red areas or in combat situations. obviously they would be supportive of the cops in all situations. Now lets say a rebel wants a revive in red zone... obviously it would be in the rules to kill them. so when they go to the rebel base to revive a player they would go around scope it out... initiate on any players that pose as a threat. a useful script would that they would put the player in their car (already revived) but it would be cool if the player was restrained which seems weird but this would make it so they put them in their vehicle and then drive away bring them to their "medic outpost" and finally heal them fully and release them. their payment would have a pretty huge increase but it would have to be for these types of revives in red areas outside of the city. Now let's say the players trade at rebel... we'll obviously this is a gray area but I am under the influence of adderal and I can explain this too. They would get both players put them in their vehicle and then take each player to different parts of the "outpost" (which would have door locks such as the governors office) heal one player release them. then do it to the next and make sure they don't kill eachother such as the cops do. I'm pretty bored and I took an Addy so i'm kinda just thinking of stuff rn. If you have read all of this thx and give me some feed back. Btw it would be necessary to have another medic request button. but obviously big gang members would want to be driven all the way to a "combat medic outpost" if they were fighting a cartel so they wouldn't request a combat medic. 

Combat medic? Become a cop. And damn you posted a lot of walls of text.

29 minutes ago, Jaeger said:

I would love to see some changes, but I'm almost sure medic role in Asylum is just to make some starter money so you can start to make your way. 

it should be more though... i mean why is it just starter money?? It is one of the three divisions and see how unimportant it is? It would be awesome to add a money bar... like 800 to 10k... so that let's say someone dies 8km out. and they have coke in their box truck and a 25k load out. they would prob set it to like 7-8k... and the medic would for sure drive all that way... and it would add a lot of heli medics too. The 7-8k would be transferred from the healed person to the medic 

DrCycle7 likes this
9 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Combat medic? Become a cop. And damn you posted a lot of walls of text.

Lol yeah sorry about that... and I feel like adding a "combat medic" would be way different than a cop because no one with drugs and shit wants a cop to heal them. The combat medic wouldn't be like a cop... they would go into combat situations and heal people. and i just had the idea that they would be restrained and taken back to town in order to stop the fighting... 

Just now, ICP | Drex said:

it should be more though... i mean why is it just starter money?? It is one of the three divisions and see how unimportant it is? It would be awesome to add a money bar... like 800 to 10k... so that let's say someone dies 8km out. and they have coke in their box truck and a 25k load out. they would prob set it to like 7-8k... and the medic would for sure drive all that way... and it would add a lot of heli medics too. The 7-8k would be transferred from the healed person to the medic 

This is a great idea! See there is no desire to leave Kovala, if we're only making pocket change. When someone has 1,000s of dollars of gear, weapons and a truck load of legal/illegal goods. They don't want to die. But we don't get paid enough to go out there. Also we need a taz gun. I'm tired of everyone pointing a gun at me for just doing my job. 

Just now, DrCycle7 said:

This is a great idea! See there is no desire to leave Kovala, if we're only making pocket change. When someone has 1,000s of dollars of gear, weapons and a truck load of legal/illegal goods. They don't want to die. But we don't get paid enough to go out there. Also we need a taz gun. I'm tired of everyone pointing a gun at me for just doing my job. 

yep this would be the idea for a combat medic who would go to a fire fight... heal the wounded restrain them(because no one would be like yeah i'll get it your truck) and take them to the nearest town and release them at the combat medic hq... 

Just now, Jaeger said:

For medic to be more important the first thing that needs to happen is the removal of defibs, which I don't see happening, a really great idea was suggested and 2 people offered to develop and manage the whole medic system and whitelisting and was shoot down. 

i don't see a problem with the money bar tho... 800-10k. Btw is there anyway to see if my orca comp got looked over?