How to 60fps

i run a i5-6600k with gtx 1070 with 16gigs of ram. I have a hyper 212 evo and my processor runs at 3.5ghz. When i am in the middle of nowhere i get around 100 fps. When i am in crowded towns it drops down to like 50-60. At cartels i get around 70-80 which usually drops to 60 if people pop a bunch of ifrit smokes. I would definitely recommend the i5-6600k i dont really think you need a 6700k because i have alot of friends running on 6700ks and gtx 1070s and i get the same performance as them. I havent really looked into kaby lake but im sure its better than skylake in someway since its a newer generation of processors so the i5-7600k and i7-7700k will probably run good. I suggest you make sure you stick to intel when you upgrade amd just doesnt do it on arma from my experiences with it. Im pretty sure I have a friend im not sure who it is but they run 60fps on a i3 6100 and a gtx 1050ti. 

Edited by Jwilly
5 minutes ago, Jumpman Jordan said:

Its crazy expensive though. Could buy another GPU for that price.

Any AMD users here? would an FX-6300 overclock work with similar performance?

EDIT: Or maybe an FX-4300 since quad core is really all you need for this game correct?

I'm also running the FX-6300, it's too old to be able to give you 60FPS in towns, I never even get 60 except maybe in the salt fields with view distance set to low. I bought a new GPU not too long ago and upgraded from the 750 ti to the 960 4GB to help me game for other games but it didn't do anything for Arma as I expected.

Edited by Cassettes
Silver-Spy likes this

Similar to Jwilly.  i5-6600k ; GTX 970 ; 16gb of ram and my cpu runs 3.5ghz. 

I have very custom settings which I feel make the game look pretty good and still give me decent if not great frames.  

In cities other than kavala, I get like 50-70 frames, if theres not 25 people in those areas blowing up shit or pulling tons of cars. In most places such as cartels or along the roads I get about 90-120 fps.

I saw you mention an AMD cpu. 

If at any cost you can avoid it. Do. AMD cpus and Arma don't go well together. I'd go for an intel build

On 3/23/2017 at 3:13 PM, Jumpman Jordan said:

EDIT: Or maybe an FX-4300 since quad core is really all you need for this game correct?

I used to run an AMD 8370 @ 4.3 GHz and it was terrible.
On a good day at a cartel, I ran 40 fps, towns were like 25 fps. 
Note: The 8370 is better than the 6300, so you wont get much out of the 6300.. So I advise you don't get it.

Edited by thero
Just now, Cassettes said:

I'm also running the FX-6300, it's too old to be able to give you 60FPS in towns, I never even get 60 except maybe in the salt fields with view distance set to low. I bought a new GPU not too long ago and upgraded from the 750 ti to the 960 4GB to help me game for other games but it didn't do anything for Arma as I expected.

I believe Arma is CPU based and not GPU based.

4 minutes ago, Cassettes said:

Yep, it's likely that you wont see a difference on Arma 3 when you switch GPUs, unless you're going from like a GTX 750 to a GTX 1080.

1 hour ago, Jumpman Jordan said:

Get a i5 intel... Amd sucks any for arma 3 performance or the new ones.

11 hours ago, Kevin Hansen said:

Get a i5 intel... Amd sucks any for arma 3 performance or the new ones.

I would still recommend the adm ryzen cause price/performance is just the best atm. Definitly if you look more into the future where games will be multithreaded. And oh dont go for the FX-6300. Basically all the amd processors before the ryzen are rather bad

Edited by wollie35

THIS!!! THIS!!! WILL EASILY RUN 60FPS :)

Specs

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero LGA1151

CPU: i7-7700K 4.5 GHz

GPU: 2x SLI ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX

RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum DDR4 3466 (PC4-27700)

Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T Full Tower

Mouse: Razer Naga Hex V2 Chroma

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma Clicky Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Headset: ASTRO A40 TR  / Audio Technica ATH-M50X + MixAmp Pro TR

MIC: Blue Yeti - RODE PSA1 Swivel Mount Studio Microphone Boom Arm

Webcam: Logitech C920

UQ42Ij7.jpg

LqzuUIB.jpg

ejIt8Tw.jpg

Edited by NovalokHD
ADDED PICS
1 hour ago, NovalokHD said:

THIS!!! THIS!!! WILL EASILY RUN 60FPS :)

Specs

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero LGA1151

CPU: i7-7700K 4.5 GHz

GPU: 2x SLI ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX

RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum DDR4 3466 (PC4-27700)

Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T Full Tower

Mouse: Razer Naga Hex V2 Chroma

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma Clicky Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Headset: ASTRO A40 TR  / Audio Technica ATH-M50X + MixAmp Pro TR

MIC: Blue Yeti - RODE PSA1 Swivel Mount Studio Microphone Boom Arm

Webcam: Logitech C920

UQ42Ij7.jpg

LqzuUIB.jpg

ejIt8Tw.jpg

Not the Case i would have went for but it's a sick pc that for sure, what was the price-card? ";P

Just now, Raul Menendez said:

You don't need to buy a good computer to get 50-60 fps. If you just throw your personal computer device out your window that should do the trick.

Just convert Arma 3 to a playstation game and im suuuuuure you would get steady 60 fps highest settings

Spoiler
Spoiler

:kappa: