Skills in game!!!! Best of the Best!!!

Okay so i have a question to ask! Well will you be able to kill people long ranges or be better in combat if you have a beast computer, like for me ive been playing for a while and idk if its cause i need more experience in playing the game or just cause i dont have an intell process where i can with good frames. " I have a fx8350cpu with a r9 390 raedon, when i put auto detect i have everyone at ultra!!! But even when i play in single player it still lags like crazy when i but alot of npcs. I bearly know shit about computers only reason why i got this setup it was the best performance for the price!

okay! but i want an unbiased opinion, did i get the wrong processor for the price because im still debating on getting a new amd cpu like ryzen or just go to intell, im wondering if i should just change my cpu just for arma cause thats literally the only game i play now "unless half life 3 and gmod comes out cause they have been my favorite series since 2008", and for me i never really suck at a game unless im a newbie in it ( not trying to sound cocky but i've been playing video games since Nintendo was out so yeah at first i suck but eventually i get extremely good at the game if im interested in it).

15 minutes ago, Buddy Martinez said:

okay! but i want an unbiased opinion, did i get the wrong processor for the price because im still debating on getting a new amd cpu like ryzen or just go to intell, im wondering if i should just change my cpu just for arma cause thats literally the only game i play now "unless half life 3 and gmod comes out cause they have been my favorite series since 2008", and for me i never really suck at a game unless im a newbie in it ( not trying to sound cocky but i've been playing video games since Nintendo was out so yeah at first i suck but eventually i get extremely good at the game if im interested in it).

The new AMD cpus are not all they have been worked up to be. The problem with AMD is that everything is optimized for Intel. Their GPU's, imo. are fine ive used them for years up until recently but as for cpu, always Intel. And considering arma is  primarily a cpu intensive game, you wont the best optimization possible.

1 hour ago, Buddy Martinez said:

I would still recommend ryzen, it is multithreaded focussed wich means that games in the future will play much better with ryzen then any other intel processor on the market right now (talking about the ryzen 1800x). Even tho arma 3 is single thread focussed, if you get the ryzen  1700 for example you will be completely fine fps wise, and u only spent 350-450 euros instead of 1200.

My conclusion :

Ryzen = way cheaper and looking into the future game-wise since it's multithread performance is the best on the market (right now)

Intels (high end) = overpriced atm since they did not have a concurrent and is single thread focussed. Wich means atm you will get better stats with the intel but after a year of 1.5 -2 the ryzen has definitly passed them since the upcoming bigger games. (GTA6 is already knows, don't know about any other games atm) are going to be released multithreaded

Side note : Ryzen passes the most high end processors in single threaded aswell (i7-6900k is stronger  singlethreaded) but here below are the comparisons/results 

Ryzen vs high end intel processors (singlethreaded)

Spoiler

51aae133_IMG_0869.PNG

Ryzen vs high end intel processors (Multithreaded)

Spoiler

0bf564c5_IMG_0870.PNG

Ryzen 1700x(430 euros) vs I7-6900k(1142 euros) single threaded

Spoiler

Knipsel.png

Sadly couldn't find good benchmark picture  of the i7-6900k multithreaded vs ryzen 1700x. What i did find was  the following video where they run both processors battlefield 1 wich is a game that uses more then 4 cores. (what all the games in the future should and will do)

Spoiler

Overall i think AMD ryzen release for the price they ask for it is a great comeback. wich is good cause now intel got to focus on making something amazing again aswell.

Side note : I am not an AMD or Intel fanboy, i just want the best processor for the most viable price.

Edited by wollie35
4 hours ago, Azeh said:

You're asking Arma players if you should get Intel or AMD. Intel is the better choice for the majority of games, and it's definitely the better choice for Arma.

If you use your frequently use your computer for other things such as video editing, graphics design, streaming or other CPU heavy applications that aren't games, go with Ryzen.

nv_arma3.png

i got the 6700k and it's amazing. def worth the money

21 minutes ago, Eric916 said:

i got the 6700k and it's amazing. def worth the money

I don't base my CPU just for arma 3, games are becoming multithreaded these days so if you look beyond Arma III ryzen is the better option, and way cheaper. If arma 4 will be released someday i guarantee you it's gonna be multithreaded, definitly with the type of game they make (millitairy simulation).