Lets Talk About Asylum's Staff [By Chrispy]

Chrispy

34 minutes ago, speed said:

It's not even remotely the same.

In an animal shelter, you take care of helpless animals that otherwise would not have a chance in life and work to ensure that they get placed with a loving family.

As an Asylum admin, you deal with entitled children that think that their issues are more important than anyone else's, players that can't seem to figure out how not to be assholes, developers that don't tell you anything, etc. And in return, the only thing you get is having the game's fun ruined for you.

It just so happens that those with careers and families tend to be more trustworthy than a 15 year old kid that runs a gmod server on the side. And the result is that people don't walk around Asylum worrying about killing an admin and getting banned.

I don't understand why the fuck i'm getting roasted. I suggested shit its my opinion. I never said "MAKE ME ADMIN YOU FUCKING RETARDS" I never said anything about being staff I just said that maybe we should have a low tier non-abusable rank that more people can be accepted into. Thats all I fucking said.

.Sean likes this
35 minutes ago, speed said:

And the result is that people don't walk around Asylum worrying about killing an admin and getting banned.

One time I killed an admin that was on cop, i was in a group with another gang (by that time the tag update wasnt out). After I killed the admin on cop because they were initiated with my group, he thought i wasnt in their group and banned me instantly for rdm for 3 days. Admins should post a report to get review by another admin, cause when an admin gets mad, he doesnt think well and just hit the "ban button instantly". After he banned me and I posted a ban appel i had to wait more than 1 day to get unbanned. I got ban by a mistake of a mad admin who got rekt in game and his first solution was "ban rdm 3 days".  Thats why we need other admins to review that admin report and be fair. And i am pretty sure this happends a lot.

Just now, Chrispy said:

I don't understand why the fuck i'm getting roasted. I suggested shit its my opinion. I never said "MAKE ME ADMIN YOU FUCKING RETARDS" I never said anything about being staff I just said that maybe we should have a low tier non-abusable rank that more people can be accepted into. Thats all I fucking said.

Nobody is roasting you. You asked why we don't implement something, and we responded by explaining how our system works, and why your idea doesn't really fit into it.

Just now, Chrispy said:

Have you actually looked up what a moderator is?? Its practically the same thing as an Admin. So why would Asylum need to create a "low tier" when both do the exact same thing. I agree with @Gnashes and everyone else that has said that we have moderators when they are training new Admins. So thank you for your suggestion but its totally not worth the effort to create this "low tier rank" you are suggesting. 

Just now, speed said:

Was not necessarily directed towards you. 99% of admin applications contain some version of "I owned/was an admin for X server". I only chose gmod because you mentioned it in the OP.

Alright man its all good. I was just making a suggestion if its not do-able that could've ended it right there.

The process we use works. As of right now Moderator apps are on hold until we can get back to a level set of truly active admins. Before now we really added moderators to fill a gap in activity, then everyone got used to not being active. As for our presence, majority of questions that we get are related to "I was RDM'd" our awesome Support Team members guide them to the right areas to report the incident, these guys are the first line of defense up the escalation process. As for Admin's being in-game, they are, they just don't play under their forum names to prevent harassment, where they can not play the game. We have tools that allow us to be "in-game" without needing to be in-game as well. Your idea is noted but we are using a process that is working for us at the moment.

Our team looks like the following:

Support Team: These are people that applied souly with the intent to help the community, as community members themselves. These people really do not get ANY perks to the job other than the satisfaction of being able to help the community.

Moderators: These are people that applied to become Admins, where we put them through a vetting process. They typically spend two months dealing with a variety of different situations. Once and only once we believe they are trustworthy, and mesh well are they brought on as Admins.

If you would like to further discuss please shoot me a PM.

Thanks,

Olio

Survivalizer and Chrispy like this
14 hours ago, Haych said:

It's like volunteering at a animal shelter and saying "idgaf about animals, I don't get payed" lul

Same logic. If you don't want to help out and bitch that you don't get payed so you don't have to do anything, or if you don't have enough time, why apply? We know you must love those Admin tools and perks, but if you can't do your duties, I trust @Olio to clean them out.

Also, now with the implementation of Support which is great, I think there should be 'Senior Admin'. As we know out of both of our CM's, Olio is the only one actually doing CM duties, so Volunteer should have the 'Senior Admin' rank along side any other long time Admin they can promote to that rank without them wanting to be a CM. Currently CM's deal with Admins and Admin issues, when it should be 'Senior Admins' doing that, and CM's can focus on the Community.

Spicy

Chrispy, Deadly, Eli and 2 others like this