Poll: are you satisfied with the new prison?

massi

Are you satisified with the new prison?  

345 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with the new prison?

I do wish we could have some sort of compromise.  I don't understand the 'my way or the highway' mentality on this issue.  Why not old prison but make it harder to defend ( Three bridges?  A larger bridge with cover on it? ) or the old location but with new mechanics?  People really do not seem to like the new prison and I'm not sure why it's being forced on people when most don't enjoy it. 

Azeh and Heidelberg like this
28 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I do wish we could have some sort of compromise.  I don't understand the 'my way or the highway' mentality on this issue.  Why not old prison but make it harder to defend ( Three bridges?  A larger bridge with cover on it? ) or the old location but with new mechanics?  People really do not seem to like the new prison and I'm not sure why it's being forced on people when most don't enjoy it. 

Because it seems most of the time the devs do what they think is best, not necessarily what the community asks for. After all it's their server they can run it however they want, but that will also be the outcome and endgame of how long the server lasts.

Flameless and FudgeR like this

I miss old prison island and have to agree...Devs need to listen to the community at some point. Without the community you wouldn't have these servers, you wouldn't have the traffic you do, you wouldn't have the funding to try to make your own standalone. The COMMUNITY helped pay and fund the servers and helped pay and fund the standalone (maybe? only taking a guess on this one), and you are telling them to shove it where the sun doesn't shine when it comes to the prison, that the majority of the COMMUNITY hates.

Edited by Coyote
Silentbird66, bunni and Steve like this

new prison is fun actually I like doing it it's just them spawning on the roof in the back is retarded can that be fixed or do you just have to have someone guarding the roof? seems lame

1 hour ago, Coyote said:

I miss old prison island and have to agree...Devs need to listen to the community at some point. Without the community you wouldn't have these servers, you wouldn't have the traffic you do, you wouldn't have the funding to try to make your own standalone. The COMMUNITY helped pay and fund the servers and helped pay and fund the standalone (maybe? only taking a guess on this one), and you are telling them to shove it where the sun doesn't shine when it comes to the prison, that the majority of the COMMUNITY hates.

@bamf 

Edited by Eric916
On 4/1/2017 at 8:44 AM, Smee said:

It gets to the point cops specifically ask / text you do do some rebel activity. 

:shrug:

Underrated post right here.

I remember when cop was actually fun, now it's just everybody stacked into Kavala because that is the only place anything interesting happens. 

Edited by Legit
Boomerman likes this

The dev's need to start doing what the community wants and not do what they think is right. Rebel life is very dead and a few things need to be changed. Honestly if they simplified the jail break system 50% of what it is now and left it to be hard to defend then people would start doing them again. I also guarantee if you set a counter to count how many times a prison break is done within a week it would be below 5.

48 minutes ago, Boomerman said:

The dev's need to start doing what the community wants and not do what they think is right. 

They really dont... People need to stop acting like the owner of something needs to do what they want simply because they want it.

9 hours ago, HotWings said:

They really dont... People need to stop acting like the owner of something needs to do what they want simply because they want it.

You really dont understand what listening to the community is? Every other big community that I know of that has been around for 5+ years actively listened to their players. The moment they stopped doing this and went against their wishes their communities died within 3-6 months. but apparently listening to the community doesnt matter. :shrug:

Steve and FudgeR like this
7 hours ago, Boomerman said:

You really dont understand what listening to the community is? Every other big community that I know of that has been around for 5+ years actively listened to their players. The moment they stopped doing this and went against their wishes their communities died within 3-6 months. but apparently listening to the community doesnt matter. :shrug:

Olympus only does updates/adds things when people donate an excess of money.  You are literally paying for content there and if you dont pay you dont get content.  When Marksman DLC came out, Asylum had it same day, it took almost 3 months to raise the money to put it on Olympus.  

Paratus/Bamf/and now Gnashes will continue to implement ideas from the community like they have been for years.  Youre not even giving ideas you just crying about wanting something back. You have provided them with no viable options, just "put it back"  

14 hours ago, Fudger said:

Ok then let the devs do what they want and you'll see asylum grow !!!!

The devs implement a ton of shit the community asks for actually, ya'll are just acting like spoiled kids because the time you're told no you throw a fit.  Everyone here knows the island prison was stupidly unbalanced. They moved it to a good location, added a mechanic that prevents you from being able to just camp towers and get easy kills.  Hell it is still easy and you you do in a shorter amount of time, there is just more of a chance of getting shut down now.   

Its on the same lines as the bank for rebels.  Cops get a chance to defend a major event, you dont get to simply camp a roof or funnel anymore and you dont know how to handle it.  God forbid something be difficult for you.

Edited by HotWings
DJB likes this

Fighting cops is boring, let's make it even worst by changing the location to a terrible location

Only reason to do banks nowadays is when you're bored because nobody is fighting. Prison nowadays is just dead.

Same for fed. 

The new mechanic is terrible in my opinion but as I said, the location really has to be changed back. No major gangs do prisons anymore. 

Guard duty might prove useful in balancing the old prison if balance is an issue

23 minutes ago, franticgoat said:

After a large amount of people asking for a McFlurry, the marketing team has realsed there own McFlurry, because they want people happy

Not in your mincraft server, go and ask. No matter how much you bitch about wanting a McFlurry, they best they will give you is a BKStrom which is not a McFlurry.

22 minutes ago, massi said:

Fighting cops is boring, let's make it even worst by changing the location to a terrible location

Only reason to do banks nowadays is when you're bored because nobody is fighting. Prison nowadays is just dead.

Same for fed. 

The new mechanic is terrible in my opinion but as I said, the location really has to be changed back. No major gangs do prisons anymore. 

Guard duty might prove useful in balancing the old prison if balance is an issue

If you are only going to use it to kill cops, which has been said numerous times. Then why would they make it easier?  Your fun isnt the only fun being considered here.

2 minutes ago, HotWings said:

If you are only going to use it to kill cops, which has been said numerous times. Then why would they make it easier?  Your fun isnt the only fun being considered here.

I think I missed the part where I said to make it easier? 

I also forgot the part where you do something other than kill cops at a prison break

12 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Make the system easier so you can just shoot without having to lockpick and shit

Just now, Fudger said:

Make the system easier so you can just shoot without having to lockpick and shit

Or you can actually make an attempt to break people out and not hid in deer stands?  The crying over actually have to break into the prison to get people out is astonishing tbh.

7 minutes ago, massi said:

I think I missed the part where I said to make it easier? I also forgot the part where you do something other than kill cops at a prison break

Must not have a good memory :shrug:

Just now, HotWings said:

Or you can actually make an attempt to break people out and not hid in deer stands?  The crying over actually have to break into the prison to get people out is astonishing tbh.

Must not have a good memory :shrug:

Yea sure that's why no body does pb's anymore who cares about that people just wanna have fun and shoot it's a game if they don't like it they won't play it if you make it all complex and in a shitty location whatever but don't expect there to be more cop vs civs activities and pb's

Edited by Fudger
5 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Yea sure that's why no body does pb's anymore who cares about that people just wanna have fun and shoot it's a game if they don't like it they won't play it if you make it all complex and in a shitty location whatever but don't expect there to be more cop vs civs activities and pb's

Im fine with prisons not being done to troll cops all day anymore.  There is a pretty large group that doesn't want to spent their entire time fighting you at your special events all the time.

I'm sorry to say this but if the only thing you are looking for is to shoot people, this is not the place for you. There are plenty of King of the Hill servers or other games that will better suit your play style. We are an RP server, and even with the fact that we allow very minimal RP, we expect our player base to give and take RP. The Prison Break is meant to, guess... BREAK your friends or whoever is there out of Prison. If all you want to do is kill cops, you can do it, just find cops to kill, it's not hard.

I don't see and I will love not to have the old Prison mechanic back. I haven't go to the new Prison Location or fighting on either side, so I can't say I like or dislike the location. But the other Prison Locations where bad. Will give it a try at this one.

With this being said, please make elaborate suggestion on why you want it changed. Taken for granted that "We as community want it" and "We just want to shoot cops" are not elaborated as my McFlurry statement and what I just said.

LennieTheLegend likes this
5 hours ago, HotWings said:

Olympus only does updates/adds things when people donate an excess of money.  You are literally paying for content there and if you dont pay you dont get content.  When Marksman DLC came out, Asylum had it same day, it took almost 3 months to raise the money to put it on Olympus.  

Paratus/Bamf/and now Gnashes will continue to implement ideas from the community like they have been for years.  Youre not even giving ideas you just crying about wanting something back. You have provided them with no viable options, just "put it back"  

The devs implement a ton of shit the community asks for actually, ya'll are just acting like spoiled kids because the time you're told no you throw a fit.  Everyone here knows the island prison was stupidly unbalanced. They moved it to a good location, added a mechanic that prevents you from being able to just camp towers and get easy kills.  Hell it is still easy and you you do in a shorter amount of time, there is just more of a chance of getting shut down now.   

Its on the same lines as the bank for rebels.  Cops get a chance to defend a major event, you dont get to simply camp a roof or funnel anymore and you dont know how to handle it.  God forbid something be difficult for you.

I went to this concert one time for a hard core punk rock band, the cops showed up and told the band no, they can't play their music because it's shows the intention of violence towards others and disrespects authority. Well they just said fuck you so the better part of the crowd goes outside and start flipping over cops cars end then the band proceeded to keep playing on top of one of the patrol cars. 

The lesson here is you don't tell no to a shit load of people because there will be repercussions, and in asylums case it's more or less going to be the death of the community because people will leave. 

Just now, HotWings said:

Valid argument.  Makes me change my mind instantly /sarcasm.  I'm sorry that I don't agree with your opinion, but that what happens in real life man.  If calling people names makes you feel better about not getting your way go for it.  It doesnt actually bother me that you;re that small minded.

35 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Im fine with prisons not being done to troll cops all day anymore.  There is a pretty large group that doesn't want to spent their entire time fighting you at your special events all the time.

thats what you said about a prison break

5 hours ago, HotWings said:

Everyone here knows the island prison was stupidly unbalanced.

It was not unbalanced because the amount of strats cops could do If they had braincells was endless, parachute, boat, rush while people hard aim, sneaky beaky in the water with an SDAR, Hotdrop on barracks, the only reason people say it was 1 sided is because ur a stupid career cop that is dogshit at arma 3, get better at the game and you wont get slapped.

thero, Nugget and Azeh like this
Just now, william said:

It was not unbalanced because the amount of strats cops could do If they had braincells was endless, parachute, boat, rush while people hard aim, sneaky beaky in the water with an SDAR, Hotdrop on barracks, the only reason people say it was 1 sided is because ur a stupid career cop that is dogshit at arma 3, get better at the game and you wont get slapped.

Keep it polite

25 minutes ago, william said:

Valid argument.  I never tried any of them my 4 years on the APD.  Never combated them my 4 years playing civ.  Every single argument has been made to put it back continues to state the same thing.  "It was easier to do and easier to fight"  The reason that is true is because it wasnt balanced.  

Edited by HotWings
1 hour ago, Fudger said:

I can confirm that this is not going to happen. The mechanic that exists may be tweaked slightly, but there are no current plans to revert the system to "stand near NPC, don't get shot".

I still think the best thing that could happen to the server is adding a system like Old School Runescape has which is content polling, meaning any content update they do they bring out a dev blog explain what they're going to do etc etc and if it passes with a 75/100% or above it gets added. That being said balancing it is not polled, ie meth prices, prison sentence time just stuff like that. I think the system has proven it works at least for Old School Runescape. I could just be a big fanboy on how it is ran and all that but I think it might work out very well for Asylum, at least I think it is worth the shot to try for a bit at least.

Edited by Carson
massi likes this
Just now, Carson said:

I still think the best thing that could happen to the server is adding a system like Old School Runescape has which is content polling, meaning any content update they do they bring out a dev blog explain what they're going to do etc etc and if it passes with a 75/100% or above it gets added. That being said balancing it is not polled, ie meth prices, prison sentence time just stuff like that. I think the system has proven it works at least for Old School Runescape. I could just be a big fanboy on how it is ran and all that but I think it might work out very well for Asylum, at least I think it is worth the shot to try for a bit at least.

The only issue with that is we have a max of 150ish people vote. They have 10's of thousands.

Just now, HotWings said:

The only issue with that is we have a max of 150ish people vote. They have 10's of thousands.

Yeah you're right there is a large difference in population, I think theres gotta be more than 150 for people voting for content tho. I assume people would link it around like if there was a prison poll I gurantee it would pass over 150 votes for sure or any actual good looking content poll for that matter

Just look at this poll right now for instance, this is just a random thread someone made to get some opinions to find out if people feel the same way and it surpassed 150. Imagine if the Developers released a content poll for the new prison and everyone from the APD all the rebels voted 100% it go over 150 with ease.

Edited by Carson
Steve and massi like this
Just now, Carson said:

Yeah you're right there is a large difference in population, I think theres gotta be more than 150 for people voting for content tho. I assume people would link it around like if there was a prison poll I gurantee it would pass over 150 votes for sure or any actual good looking content poll for that matter

Could be interesting if you could get enough unique people voting.  Id bet all polls would lean rebel tho lol