Poll: are you satisfied with the new prison?

massi

Are you satisified with the new prison?  

345 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with the new prison?

Just now, :(:(:(:(:( said:

i havent said either of those

all i said is that its retarded that prison is harder than bank or fed, and you're trying to argue with me for no utter reason

You have 0 reason to say its dumb to be harder other than in your opinion it shouldn't be. In mine it should be harder than the bank and not as hard as the fed.  The relatively low payout of the bank justifies it being easier, but the prison has the potential to allow many criminals out of jail and thus IMO should be harder. The fed pays  500+k (I believe is what we got with max bar a few weeks ago) so its justified to be the hardest.

5 hours ago, HotWings said:

Could be interesting if you could get enough unique people voting.  Id bet all polls would lean rebel tho lol

Add a in-game poll system and maybe people get like 2k for voting in the poll.  You would get enough votes on topics to see where people really stand.  I would also bet you that a system like this would show that hardly anyone likes the new prison.

Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Add a in-game poll system and maybe people get like 2k for voting in the poll.  You would get enough votes on topics to see where people really stand.  I would also bet you that a system like this would show that hardly anyone likes the new prison.

Some of the newer players dont know what the old prison was like. It would be hard to collect acurate data like that. 

Boomerman likes this
Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

There is more than enough players who played when the old prison around to correct anything like that.  Old prison isn't like some ancient myth.

A lot of old player have left since then... A lot of new players have joined since then too. 

Boomerman likes this
12 minutes ago, Twinkie Doge said:

Some of the newer players dont know what the old prison was like. It would be hard to collect acurate data like that. 

Here you go. If a smart higher up was on, it was fairly easy to stop because of a couple power positions the APD can use. If the higher up online was retarded and didn't know anything about combat, well you end up with fun times like this.

31 minutes ago, HotWings said:

You have 0 reason to say its dumb to be harder other than in your opinion it shouldn't be. In mine it should be harder than the bank and not as hard as the fed.  The relatively low payout of the bank justifies it being easier, but the prison has the potential to allow many criminals out of jail and thus IMO should be harder. The fed pays  500+k (I believe is what we got with max bar a few weeks ago) so its justified to be the hardest.

I didnt read after the first sentence

if your telling me a prison (which has no reward btw)

should be harder than a bank/fed (whcih btw is alot more important and has a reward) 

then i worry for you

now stop

Boomerman and Haych like this
Just now, ✪ Bunni said:

Pyrgos prison would be great, but server would prob just mass kick as soon as you start it. 

Mass kicks havnt always been a thing, i dont get why they cant just revert to an older patch and re-implement the important stuff

Who r u

On 3/31/2017 at 11:42 AM, massi said:

Yes, this thread again HotWings

It's been a little over 1 month since I've created the following thread, so I figured we can go back onto the subject of making the prison a relevant end-game activity

My thoughts

I was reading this 

and this particular reply had me thinking

ffe186388726259b15c141e15f991fa8.png

You don't need an LT on to take out the sand bags, SWAT gets 7.62. You get a strider to push the prison AND it's amphibious.

If you have a good strider driver, it's easy to push. Push backwards and you will be FINE, esp in the water because you basically can't be shot and they can't shoot your tires either because they're in the water. Hard peakers definitely will help when you're pushing. Why was the pyrgos prison removed in the first place?

There are many tactics that have been developed (ie @Shade with his flashbang technique https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDdd-K_TjME )

It's easy to push and it's not in the middle of nowhere

Hard peakers make it even easier

The only change that would make it more balanced would be the minimum amount of cops required in order to start a prison break which should be increased to 4-5.

This thread's sole purpose is to stir a civil discussion about bringing back pyrgos prison island

The idea behind the thread is instead of switching to a location that nobody likes, we can just improve the old pyrgos prison.

Except when swat is bugged. Like 75% of the time. 

4 hours ago, HotWings said:

We do feds/banks all the time on server 1 , the best Fed I have ever got is 15 bars which I think needs to be buffed... And the weight of the bars should be decreased so I can fit more bars in a hemmit when u increase the amount of bars we get :) or just increase the amount each bar is worth to like 50k??? 

@Gnashes 50k... 49k.... Ok fine 46.5k?

5 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

We do feds/banks all the time on server 1 , the best Fed I have ever got is 15 bars which I think needs to be buffed... And the weight of the bars should be decreased so I can fit more bars in a hemmit when u increase the amount of bars we get :) or just increase the amount each bar is worth to like 50k??? 

I think the payout should be more. How can robbing the bank yield less than the cost of loadouts for the standard crew required? Most of the time on S2 it's people who want to fight cops, ignore the gold bars, hunker down and rack up those sweet camptastic kills until they get a swift lethal. 

5 hours ago, massi said:

SWAT isn't bugged anymore (and if it is, it's very rare and fixes itself after restart). fake statistic.

Wait. It is or isn't?  It is. You contradicted yourself and called it a fake statistic?  Regardless, restarts don't happen every hour. Therefore an entire server cycle of no swat is relevant.

Steve and Patato like this
6 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

500k is plenty.

3 hours ago, HotWings said:

500k is plenty.

It's not 500k and after ur done with cops u got rebels to fight takes a long time with the cops spawning over and over, also don't forget u got 10+ guys doing the Fed with u and they all got to be paid. It's a HUGE risk and the reward isn't as High as it should be... but that's just my opinion I guess... I mainly do Fed for the bars and banks for kills... never done a prison and never will lol...

Edited by bigjohn561
19 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

It's not 500k and after ur done with cops u got rebels to fight takes a long time with the cops spawning over and over, also don't forget u got 10+ guys doing the Fed with u and they all got to be paid. It's a HUGE risk and the reward isn't as High as it should be... but that's just my opinion I guess... I mainly do Fed for the bars and banks for kills... never done a prison and never will lol...

35k per bar, times 15 bars is 525k.  We do it with a full group. 525,000/12 = 43.75k each 37.5k with 14.  

I mean paying more would be awesome, but at that point you dont have room unless you want to risk 2 hemmts anyways.  I do think its a good payout as it tho.    

23 hours ago, Jaeger said:

I'm sorry to say this but if the only thing you are looking for is to shoot people, this is not the place for you.We are an RP server, and even with the fact that we allow very minimal RP, we expect our player base to give and take RP. 

This statement would be fine if the cops actually RPed. 

My friend (who never played altis life before) and I were looking to do something interesting and decided to RP a bank out.

We tried it on 2 different precincts and BOTH times we got robocopped. One SGT literally dismissing the fact that we were working at the bank, despite going to the lengths of changing our names. 

We came out of the bank unarmed, yet still got shot at by some triggerhappy officer. Then, ofc, taken to HQ and given a full ticket because we apparently wasted officers time.

RP. That's a fucking joke.

Only RP on this server is artificial and fake.

3 hours ago, HotWings said:

35k per bar, times 15 bars is 525k.  We do it with a full group. 525,000/12 = 43.75k each 37.5k with 14.  

I mean paying more would be awesome, but at that point you dont have room unless you want to risk 2 hemmts anyways.  I do think its a good payout as it tho.    

32500 per bar... and 15 bars is if luck is with u.. 13 in hemmit 1 in the demo charge guy and 1 in another's guys pack. I just feel with the amount of time it takes to finish a full Fed and get to rebel all the while fighting cops and fighting rebels it should pay out more per bar. And now since @Gnashes ruined smash and grabs u have to do a full fed to get any bars so it should be worth more each bar.... :) and it takes a long time to set up Fed, get the bars, get out the fed with bars, and make it to rebel to sell... o I forgot also clean out the guys camping rebel lol..

4 hours ago, HotWings said:

I don't think I ever got that much from a fed

3 minutes ago, Fudger said:

I don't think I ever got that much from a fed

Well going by what John said (I do believe he is correct) Its 487.5k. I certainly wouldnt complain about it paying more as I tend to do full feds cause its fun. But 487k isnt a drop in the bucket either is all I'm saying.

7 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Well going by what John said (I do believe he is correct) Its 487.5k. I certainly wouldnt complain about it paying more as I tend to do full feds cause its fun. But 487k isnt a drop in the bucket either is all I'm saying.

Average fed you get around 250kish

4 hours ago, massi said:

This statement would be fine if the cops actually RPed. 

My friend (who never played altis life before) and I were looking to do something interesting and decided to RP a bank out.

We tried it on 2 different precincts and BOTH times we got robocopped. One SGT literally dismissing the fact that we were working at the bank, despite going to the lengths of changing our names. 

We came out of the bank unarmed, yet still got shot at by some triggerhappy officer. Then, ofc, taken to HQ and given a full ticket because we apparently wasted officers time.

RP. That's a fucking joke.

Only RP on this server is artificial and fake.

If I remember correctly I was there. And we explained why you were downed. You didn't accept that and got bent out shape. Then I believe I asked you why you had a drill, and put it in the vault door. Your response? Just give me my ticket this is bullshit. 

Roleplay is a two way street mister. 

Patato likes this
1 hour ago, Fudger said:

Average fed you get around 250kish

What evidence do you have to support that? Ive never seen less than 15 bars

3 minutes ago, Dredd said:

If I remember correctly I was there. And we explained why you were downed. You didn't accept that and got bent out shape. Then I believe I asked you why you had a drill, and put it in the vault door. Your response? Just give me my ticket this is bullshit. 

rekt

27 minutes ago, Dredd said:

I know it's been a while but Does my Rp still suck?

Edited by El chapo
massi, Kettles, Patato and 1 other like this
On 4/4/2017 at 6:49 AM, HotWings said:

Olympus only does updates/adds things when people donate an excess of money.  You are literally paying for content there and if you dont pay you dont get content.  When Marksman DLC came out, Asylum had it same day, it took almost 3 months to raise the money to put it on Olympus.  

Paratus/Bamf/and now Gnashes will continue to implement ideas from the community like they have been for years.  Youre not even giving ideas you just crying about wanting something back. You have provided them with no viable options, just "put it back"  

The devs implement a ton of shit the community asks for actually, ya'll are just acting like spoiled kids because the time you're told no you throw a fit.  Everyone here knows the island prison was stupidly unbalanced. They moved it to a good location, added a mechanic that prevents you from being able to just camp towers and get easy kills.  Hell it is still easy and you you do in a shorter amount of time, there is just more of a chance of getting shut down now.   

Its on the same lines as the bank for rebels.  Cops get a chance to defend a major event, you dont get to simply camp a roof or funnel anymore and you dont know how to handle it.  God forbid something be difficult for you.

You honestly have the most amount of autism from anyone on the forums.

On 4/4/2017 at 0:20 PM, Jaeger said:

I'm sorry to say this but if the only thing you are looking for is to shoot people, this is not the place for you. There are plenty of King of the Hill servers or other games that will better suit your play style. We are an RP server, and even with the fact that we allow very minimal RP, we expect our player base to give and take RP. The Prison Break is meant to, guess... BREAK your friends or whoever is there out of Prison. If all you want to do is kill cops, you can do it, just find cops to kill, it's not hard.

I don't see and I will love not to have the old Prison mechanic back. I haven't go to the new Prison Location or fighting on either side, so I can't say I like or dislike the location. But the other Prison Locations where bad. Will give it a try at this one.

With this being said, please make elaborate suggestion on why you want it changed. Taken for granted that "We as community want it" and "We just want to shoot cops" are not elaborated as my McFlurry statement and what I just said.

"rp server" my ass. Have you seen what cops do and what players do? Far from a rp server. If you want real rp go play nopixel mod.

On 4/4/2017 at 5:32 PM, Azeh said:

You're telling someone to go into a place and ask for the competitor's product which is something that isn't relevant at all. 

This is a scenario where the majority of the community requests something to return because the replacement of said thing lacks quality (enjoyment). The owner denies the request because he doesn't agree with the majority of the community.

If you're gonna mention McDonalds and Burger King, it would make more sense if a large amount of people demanded McDonalds or Burger King to keep selling a certain product after they replaced it with a ("enhanced") product that people actually disliked. But you know, McDonalds or Burger King would actually listen to their customers because that's what's financially beneficial. Paratus just refuses to listen because apparently his opinion is more valueable than the players that actually play on the server, and his loss of being stubborn is less than McDonalds' and Burger King's. But oh well, having a dead feature/mechanic because the server owner just "wants it that way" is completely fine. :frog:

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Boomerman said:

You honestly have the most amount of autism from anyone on the forums.

You have yet to respond anything with any form of intelligence man, you just throw around insults.

3 hours ago, Boomerman said:

"rp server" my ass. Have you seen what cops do and what players do? Far from a rp server. If you want real rp go play nopixel mod.

No pixel has worse RP than Asylum, and pretty much nothing to it.  They had to gift Vader LT on the police for him to play there and he still left because it was a shit tier mod with shittier tier players. :shrug:

4 hours ago, Fudger said:

... isnt 15 bars the max.. and i no i dont screenshot the profit that i make every fed

We filled a hemmt and still needed 3 people to carry bars. I think that's 18?

Edited by HotWings
11 hours ago, HotWings said:

You have yet to respond anything with any form of intelligence man, you just throw around insults.

No pixel has worse RP than Asylum, and pretty much nothing to it.  They had to gift Vader LT on the police for him to play there and he still left because it was a shit tier mod with shittier tier players. :shrug:

We filled a hemmt and still needed 3 people to carry bars. I think that's 18?

Calling asylum an rp server is a joke and a half. And all the points you try to bring up are complete garbage. I have made many points but I cant argue with someone that is as inbred as you. 

massi likes this

Let's keep opinions polite and on Topic.

When I was refering to RP that not only means talk and create a story when you get caught by the police. I was refering as in you need to perform certain actions to get money. Or other sorts of stuff, when I see the comments "things to hard make it easier" I always think in KoTH because this comments make me feel like you want to get money for the kills you get in a Prison Break, Bank, or something of that sort.

Let's keep this on topic and bring all your suggestions, having in mind what some Devs have already said about this. 

24 minutes ago, Boomerman said:

Calling asylum an rp server is a joke and a half. And all the points you try to bring up are complete garbage. I have made many points but I cant argue with someone that is as inbred as you. 

You have yet to made any sort point, you just call names and farm likes.  Im just going to ignore your posts, no point in reading something that's irrelevant.