Poll: are you satisfied with the new prison?

massi

Are you satisified with the new prison?  

345 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with the new prison?

1 hour ago, HotWings said:

Yours too :shrug:

I have made many valid points but you seem to ignore all opinions and points except your own and cant look at something from another angle. I have seen this on many threads.

:shrug:

Here are some points:

• People would rather be able to shoot and do something fun while doing a prison break rather then lockpicking into a building.
  • This mechanic could be changed to where someone has to drill two sets of doors for 5-10 minutes each or a variable number depending on prisoners in prison.
  • I understand that its the owners ultimate choice to decide what changes are on his server but these changes were not for the better and many people really enjoyed the old prison or at least the islands.
  • Making something so hard to the point where its not fun to do discourages people from even doing such a task.
  • The last 10 prison breaks I have witnessed were preformed by kavala pistol bangers trying to get their friend out of jail.
  • Many times cops can easily overcome bank/fed/prison by just using their heads instead of running in like a mindless robot. I mean when im on cop and things like this happen, we usually win because all cops online are competent and take good leadership. :shrug:
  • A lot of career cops claim that rebels just want to do this to shoot cops which is quite true but even cops want prisons to happen because they are able to instantly send any prisoners that escaped back to jail for their full bounty.
  • Orca's were nerfed so this make it a lot harder to leave in an orca if the cops are competent and just shoot the nose cone.
  • Swat could easily push the prison the same way rebels push cartels with ifrits.
544heu, massi, Steve and 2 others like this
14 minutes ago, Boomerman said:

A lot of career cops claim that rebels just want to do this to shoot cops which is quite true but even cops want prisons

I agree with this, even when I'm on cop I'm looking to shoot someone, call me trigger happy. But what stops the rebels from doing it without lockpicking the building, like I've read a lot of people saying you don't get a reward from it, why not just activate it an feign that you wnat to lockpick it so cops come to you and you have the snipe fest again.

21 minutes ago, Boomerman said:

I have made many valid points but you seem to ignore all opinions and points except your own and cant look at something from another angle. I have seen this on many threads.

I dont ignore peoples opinions, I counter them with mine. At which point people throw words like autistic, inbred, and retard out instead of actually saying something meaningful.  Just because you dont like what I say doesnt make it any of those things. 

Here are some points:

• People would rather be able to shoot and do something fun while doing a prison break rather then lockpicking into a building.

How exactly does something work without some sort of action to make it work? Why does hiding in a deer stand make sense and having to open the door not make sense?

• This mechanic could be changed to where someone has to drill two sets of doors for 5-10 minutes each or a variable number depending on prisoners in prison.

The mechanic allows for prison breaks to be done in 6 minutes instead of 10, again with the "hide hear and do nothing" suggestion.  They mad is harder so that you cant just hide there and do nothing.

• I understand that its the owners ultimate choice to decide what changes are on his server but these changes were not for the better and many people really enjoyed the old prison or at least the islands.

That is your opinion, I believe the changes are for the better. You do a prison now to actually break someone out, NOT just kill cops as so many have said was why you did them.

• Making something so hard to the point where its not fun to do discourages people from even doing such a task.

Its east to do, its not hard at all.  

• The last 10 prison breaks I have witnessed were preformed by kavala pistol bangers trying to get their friend out of jail.

What change is that from when it was in Pyrgos?  I did multiple prison breaks with nothing but a pistol back then. The spot was unbalanced and cops took a while to push not knowing what was going to come at them.  I also did troll prison breaks to make sure someone I didnt like had to stay in the whole time because his group could now not do a prison break.

• Many times cops can easily overcome bank/fed/prison by just using their heads instead of running in like a mindless robot. I mean when im on cop and things like this happen, we usually win because all cops online are competent and take good leadership. 

Many times those things happen was because another gang would get on cop and fight it like pushing a cartel.  You're expecting the game to be balanced for gang v gang fighting tactics for people who are not trained nor do the play in that way.  Many tactics also require higher ranking officers for the sort of equipment that is needed.  These things are already balanced towards rebels, there was no need to keep it that far tilted.

• A lot of career cops claim that rebels just want to do this to shoot cops which is quite true but even cops want prisons to happen because they are able to instantly send any prisoners that escaped back to jail for their full bounty.

The rule was changed so that you didnt have to send them back to jail, and it was never for the full bounty, but 10k which was a 1 minute sentence.  Cops do want more fights as times it can be boring, but we would like fights that are closer to fair than what Pyrgos prison provided.

• Orca's were nerfed so this make it a lot harder to leave in an orca if the cops are competent and just shoot the nose cone.

Guy breaks out, gets killed by friends, lands Orca facing away from cops because he isnt a moron, guys get in and leave.  Yes its easy to disable, but with a good pilot (which is in every gang, as gangs actively recruit those people while the APD recruits all)

• Swat could easily push the prison the same way rebels push cartels with ifrits.

Its still a peek fight SWAT or no SWAT.  Pushing is only so good onto a full out compound. Yes you can push, yes you can shoot thru the sandbags, but all you have to do is NOT peek the people pushing and kill them when they cross. Yes you can try and land on the building.

Everyone argues like the APD is some highly trained group of rebels counter the position of another group of rebels, and that's just not the case most of the time.  Skill level IS a factor in these decisions as well.  The APD takes every Tom, Dick, and Harry throws them into a group and rebels expect them to perform to gang standards against them.  The Pyrgos island is the ideal place for an actual prison with actual guards and protections, but that's not how things work in a video game, they work the opposite in this instance.

Edited by HotWings

why can't we just come to a compromise with the island, mix the new way of doing it with the old island and whatever else to keep cops happy, people did it for the fun/challenge, having 20 cops push through the sandbags/gate as a strider smoke went off was probably the most fun I've ever had on asylum

people just liked the location, it was good for cops & rebels to return, it was easy for cops to win if someone actually took charge, hubs was a good example of this, he'd take control and win the prison with ease, all it takes is a small amount of teamwork and you'll have a much better chance at winning, orca onto barracks whilst hatchbacks pushed rarely failed aslong as the pilot did his job correctly :thinking:

Edited by Jimbo
Boomerman, HotWings, Eyad and 2 others like this
Just now, Jimbo said:

why can't we just come to a compromise with the island, mix the new way of doing it with the old island and whatever else to keep cops happy, people did it for the fun/challenge, having 20 cops push through the sandbags/gate as a strider smoke went off was probably the most fun I've ever had on asylum

I think some design minded people should come up with a design that doesnt involve the island that they would like too see.  I think at this point its pretty clear its not going to happen, so why not divert the energy in a more productive way and design something better.

Just now, Rusty:) said:

No old prison, Then the server sucks. At least with the old prison there was something for cops to do. 

I never played cop for just the big fight, in fact most didnt until gang life died off and many guys went on to play cop alot.  The little skirmishes are amazing, they're fun, and they're always a good time.  Big fights are fun from time to time, and I for me the moving up the prison was a awesome change because gangs stopped doing a prison every time they could just to fight cops.  

Fixing gang life would really address alot of the issues when it comes to these sort of engagements as they would be done as needed to free friends not just as a way to et a fight. imo

8 hours ago, Jaeger said:

I agree with this, even when I'm on cop I'm looking to shoot someone, call me trigger happy. But what stops the rebels from doing it without lockpicking the building, like I've read a lot of people saying you don't get a reward from it, why not just activate it an feign that you wnat to lockpick it so cops come to you and you have the snipe fest again.

Honestly cops lethal rebels because the fight is being too long and most rebels except this. I would even go as far as to say that cops should have the option to lethal more at a prison.

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

people just liked the location, it was good for cops & rebels to return, it was easy for cops to win if someone actually took charge, hubs was a good example of this, he'd take control and win the prison with ease, all it takes is a small amount of teamwork and you'll have a much better chance at winning, orca onto barracks whilst hatchbacks pushed rarely failed aslong as the pilot did his job correctly :thinking:

Exactly.

55 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Honestly the prison hubs built was fine, it's just that most of the kids here have potatoes for a PC and couldn't handle the fps hit. This new one is by far the worst one yet.

Its the same prison that hubs built without the rocks.

52 minutes ago, eleec said:

Sounds like a prison :thinking::frog:

Dilapidated houses right next to a prison sounds like a prison to you? Seems like poor/lazy design to me :shrug:. Like I said, as a matter of preference, and most of the people here loved the island setting, the original one by hubs was the best alternative. It still had a bridge + deerstands you had to push on and I think what ruined it was the fps hit due to potato PCs + cops spawning in during guard duty. Additionally, although the mechanic seems great in theory and on paper, in reality people are lazy and don't want to bother. Keeping things simple is sometimes the best route for game design. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Steve, bunni and thero like this
On 5.4.2017 at 1:39 PM, HotWings said:

500k is plenty.

Not really. Assuming that theres 12 people in the group, you get 42k each, which covers 1 loadout. Assuming anyone dies, they make 10k profit. 

I think that the payout on a fed should be buffed(not like 10 millions buffed), but it should also be made harder. If you want to rob the fed, you do it for the money you get, and with the time, effort and expenses it takes to rob it, the payout should be buffed also. If you as a rebel group are able to hold down the fed for an hour and escape with the goldbars, then you should be rewarded as such, and Im thinking 100-150k per person. Now in order to get that much cash, certain elements should be fulfilled, like have x amount of cops on(5 police officers on should not net you too much of a profit).

Ive always thought that fed should be the endgame cop vs robbers content and should be a hard thing to accomplish, but with great payout.

There are so many things that could be done with it. Lets say more than x amount of police officers are on and the robbery have been in progress for x amount of time, then you would be able to steal diamonds from a vault etc.

Mike Stmria, Kettles, Haych and 4 others like this
Just now, Budbringer said:

Not really. Assuming that theres 12 people in the group, you get 42k each, which covers 1 loadout. Assuming anyone dies, they make 10k profit. 

I think that the payout on a fed should be buffed(not like 10 millions buffed), but it should also be made harder. If you want to rob the fed, you do it for the money you get, and with the time, effort and expenses it takes to rob it, the payout should be buffed also. If you as a rebel group are able to hold down the fed for an hour and escape with the goldbars, then you should be rewarded as such, and Im thinking 100-150k per person. Now in order to get that much cash, certain elements should be fulfilled, like have x amount of cops on(5 police officers on should not net you too much of a profit).

Ive always thought that fed should be the endgame cop vs robbers content and should be a hard thing to accomplish, but with great payout.

There are so many things that could be done with it. Lets say more than x amount of police officers are on and the robbery have been in progress for x amount of time, then you would be able to steal diamonds from a vault etc.

I agree with Budbringer I've always felt the Fed Gold bar base price should change dependant on the number of Cops Online the more cops online the higher the payout but also the higher risk. @Gnashes is this something that you could put forward to John or is he like heavily against increasing Fed payout 

It would also be cool if you could get Flawless diamonds also inside the vault like Budbringer said something to vary it up a little.

Steve likes this
31 minutes ago, Will said:

I agree with Budbringer I've always felt the Fed Gold bar base price should change dependant on the number of Cops Online the more cops online the higher the payout but also the higher risk. @Gnashes is this something that you could put forward to John or is he like heavily against increasing Fed payout 

It would also be cool if you could get Flawless diamonds also inside the vault like Budbringer said something to vary it up a little.

Kind of like few cops on you only get gold bars, but if there are more on you can get other items like diamonds(not normal cut diamond), foreign currency and other stuff worth more money

Will likes this
6 hours ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Yes but without the island meta and this one has a bunch of buildings around it on flat land.

Hubs smaller island prison didnt have an island meta?  I would ask for Pyrgos back before that. 

1 hour ago, Budbringer said:

I

Im not against a buff at all, even said that I wouldnt mind a buff.  There certainly is risk in the fed, in fact I would argue its harder now with the new gate feature. I just think saying that 487k is not alot of money is a bit off, the fact that you can die regear and still make a profit is nice.  Gold bars are 60k on the market?  Move it to 70k and each bar is rough roughly 7k more and at 65k each bar is worth just over 3k more.  

On 4/4/2017 at 8:49 AM, HotWings said:

Olympus only does updates/adds things when people donate an excess of money.  You are literally paying for content there and if you dont pay you dont get content.  When Marksman DLC came out, Asylum had it same day, it took almost 3 months to raise the money to put it on Olympus.  

Paratus/Bamf/and now Gnashes will continue to implement ideas from the community like they have been for years.  Youre not even giving ideas you just crying about wanting something back. You have provided them with no viable options, just "put it back"  

The devs implement a ton of shit the community asks for actually, ya'll are just acting like spoiled kids because the time you're told no you throw a fit.  Everyone here knows the island prison was stupidly unbalanced. They moved it to a good location, added a mechanic that prevents you from being able to just camp towers and get easy kills.  Hell it is still easy and you you do in a shorter amount of time, there is just more of a chance of getting shut down now.   

Its on the same lines as the bank for rebels.  Cops get a chance to defend a major event, you dont get to simply camp a roof or funnel anymore and you dont know how to handle it.  God forbid something be difficult for you.

Normally I don't like anything you say... But +1 on this man +1 on this.  I don't know if the new prison works right yet because I haven't tried it, yet.  But that was my only problem with it.  I do miss the old prison, lots of fun.

Edited by DJB
3 hours ago, Brendon Smith said:

91ab26561d91a5c889710ab4038bd093.png

well majority wants it reverted sooooo

The majority wanted the CL script yet people still bitch about that.  They have already said a million times it was a balancing change.  They're not going to revert a balance change because the people who lost advantage are complaining about it. That was pretty much expected.

1 hour ago, HotWings said:

The majority wanted the CL script yet people still bitch about that.  They have already said a million times it was a balancing change.  They're not going to revert a balance change because the people who lost advantage are complaining about it. That was pretty much expected.

What surprises me is there is more then a few career cops and higher ups that want the prison reverted as well.