Suggestion: Mandatory Response Time for Ban Appeals

Sadly, it all depends on who u know. People have gotten 10+ bans and got off of them all.... a person that has been playing for over a year and only has 1 ban on record (which also was a misunderstanding) gets banned "over a grey area" doesn't get it lifted, just reduced.....

Edited by bigjohn561
Found out admin was friends/gang mates with the player that filed the report.
On 4/2/2017 at 7:39 PM, Dredge said:

Because it isn't our place to over turn another admins ban. That was his decision to put the ban in place and he needs to express that to the player that was banned. Once an admin goes hands on with a ban its their baby. They have to keep up with it and deal with the appeals. 

Yea I understand that but there is more admins that are a dick then there are nice admins that try and help a person understand. When someone says wtf I got banned by ***** guys say o ur screwed he is a dick and doesn't read appeals... I have only heard 1 time in ts/discord a guy say oh ur lucky that admin will listen to u and explain and lift ur ban.

How about making it to where 2 admins are the banning one so if one can't reply the other one might.

Ex. @Mr Smirnoff and @Jaeger are the banning admins so they have to agree on this person should be banned if one of them goes on a trip out of town then chances are they don't want to look at the forums but if the other on is online then you can talk to them and since they know what's going on he can talk to the player.

4 minutes ago, Chris Preuninger said:

How about making it to where 2 admins are the banning one so if one can't reply the other one might.

Ex. @Mr Smirnoff and @Jaeger are the banning admins so they have to agree on this person should be banned if one of them goes on a trip out of town then chances are they don't want to look at the forums but if the other on is online then you can talk to them and since they know what's going on he can talk to the player.

There is currently only 14 admins + 2 CMs, as I've heard the admins says is it's already hard to deal with the current amount of reports, don't you think this will make it more difficult to deal with reports? Sometimes people get banned even tho their innocent but that's just how it is.

Just now, Norwegianviking said:

There is currently only 14 admins + 2 CMs, as I've heard the admins says is it's already hard to deal with the current amount of reports, don't you think this will make it more difficult to deal with reports? Sometimes people get banned even tho their innocent but that's just how it is.

It's just a suggestion not saying they have to do it

2 hours ago, Chris Preuninger said:

There is a problem with that system people will just go shop for admins basically, "if mom said no, he will go to dad" that type of situation we also had issues where one admin wanted to keep the guy banned and another admin wanted to unban his friend or gang mate etc. It creates turf wars within the team. 

Maybe instead of 2 admins it can be the CM who overturns the ban or whatever that would be a better system but its already like that today.

At first, i've never been banned (besides 5 min for accidental hotmic in restart time). so i don't know  the exact situation here.

i am gonna assume the following in this statement, i could very well be wrong but yaknow I don't have records :

85 % bans = correct

5 % BABS (automatic mostly incorrect bans)

10% innocent people.

Assuming this is around and about correct, then the banning is going OK, alright?

Ban appeals :

I assume again, that around 80% fills in a ban appeal, (and if you look @ the ban list, thats a lot of people.

Say for instance (i am gonna use some random people as example to make it more clear)

I get banned for RDM (by Mr Smirnoff) , I fill in a ban appeal, and Mr Smirnoff is at work drinking his vodka. And for this example i will use the suggestion, saying that all admins can review the report. I submit a video of someone being (or the person who filled the report who i shot earlier while) red and then shooting him, a random admin (for instance jaeger) sees it and now has 2 options.

1. Assume i used the right video, and unban me.
  2. Doesn't know if this is the video of the actual RDM, since Mr Smirnoff was the witness (assuming he banned live in game or some shit)

This could lead to mislead ban appeals/rulebreakers getting unbanned while not deserving to be so. I know this is a rare situation, but we all know there is weird shit.

Conclusion  : i think the Admin ban appeal system should remain the way it is atm, i am really sorry for who get's banned unfaithfully, but this is the safer way in my opinion.

What i do request of admins is the followig

13 hours ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

make sure you use @ and admin name so they get the notification, I get alerts on my smartphone so if you tag me I will respond to you. I notice a lot of people don't tag the admins and that might be the reason they wait a long time.

I am certainly against "mandatory" anything! Once you put mandatory quotas and shit it becomes a job and nobody wants that. 

I think every Admin should enable this, I mean if you're at work obviously you can't handle it at that certain time, BUT AT LEAST YOU KNOW, that as soon as you got some of your Admin time - ready that you got some ban-appeals lying there. I understand this isn't the most entertaining work, but that's what you signed up for and i assume that you realized that at the time.

Greets,

Wollie35

4 minutes ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

There is a problem with that system people will just go shop for admins basically, "if mom said no, he will go to dad" that type of situation we also had issues where one admin wanted to keep the guy banned and another admin wanted to unban his friend or gang mate etc. It creates turf wars within the team. 

Maybe instead of 2 admins it can be the CM who overturns the ban or whatever that would be a better system but its already like that today.

Exactly. A time consuming process that will run up in many hours of wasted time that could be spent otherwise. With the count of reports and so forth every day on the Asylum, it would be the best if reports stay within the admin that took action. Of course is it fustrating if you have to wait for a long period of time for an eventual response, but that's admin related matters. And that returns to the already given facts that admins have other priorities and are not able to be on for you 24/7, or issues with activity. 

It's pretty logical.

A lot of what we do simply comes down to how a ban appeal comes in how it is formatted same with player reports.
t adds a massive amount of time to something that could take a few minutes

Things that increase our response time to Ban Appeals
1) You don't @Will the admin in question. It will get lost and never read if your lucky another admin will pick your appeal and tag one of us. I'll be honest I hardly ever look through the ban appeal thread I wait to see a notification that I have been tagged in. 
2) Poor formatting or no explanation/evidence. If you provide a valid explanation and suitable evidence we can deal with the appeal on the forums rather than having to talk in TeamSpeak sometime. No evidence or explanation or just an unbelievable explanation I am going to want to speak with you.
3) Missing Player IDs. Literally useless if you don't include it

19 hours ago, Jaeger said:

As Dredge said one of the main reasons the appeals take time to be looked at is the people that don't follow the format properly and specially that don't tag the banning admin. Everyone of use goes daily looking for the appeals to look for people who is appealing the ban that we have banned or people that is appealing and did't tag the admin, so we can tag them and they can get their case resolved. There is a lot of work from us behind the scenes that you don't see but that you could easily help with. Example, reporting a player without enough evidence only makes us waist time that we could be dealing with other thing, like appeals, comps or who know even having time to play a bit or make an event.

Why other admins don't revers others appeals or deal with them. Because we don't know the other guys situation, report or anything.

Example. Dredge (using him as example as he is posting already here) bans someone for what ever reason, lets say RDM. When the guy comes and appeals he is gonna ask "who I RDM I don't recall RDMing anyone", my response? "No idea but Dredge said you did, mind explaining" then since no one has info of the ban we will need to wait for Dredge to come in, when the whole issue could have been resolved in a few hours. Before you suggest/ask, yes we have records of our bans, but then we will need to go and look again at a report that already has had action taken instead of dealing with something else. 

TL;DR: Don't be lazy. Reading the whole post will not hurt you.

In a case like that where the offender in question doesn't know who he RDM'd a simple "I cannot help you" will be enough. Because we aren't asking you to help the lost souls out there, we are asking to help players who know the system get out of there ban if they are innocent.

2 hours ago, "EJ" said:

In a case like that where the offender in question doesn't know who he RDM'd a simple "I cannot help you" will be enough. Because we aren't asking you to help the lost souls out there, we are asking to help players who know the system get out of there ban if they are innocent.

You will be surprised if you see how many people say "I don't know who I RDM/VDM when I duped/exploit" Almost everyone use that excuse. Or "I play by the rules" or my all time fav "I don't do that, I will never risk my rank in the APD for that"

I'm up for helping everyone of you as most as I can, sometimes you just don't let us help you and speed thing up.

Another aspect is, if I put in a ban and you appeal and another admin picks it up he hasnt seen all the evidence I have when I mad my decision. So they will have to dig through the reports or sift through my ban records to find the PID/Player name of the banned person, go to the thread, watch the video and get familiar with what happened. All that time other reports, comps, and appeals go unanswered because the Admin staff is bouncing back and forth doing work that has already been done. 

Also, if I ban someone in game and that player appeals the other admin will spend time looking for the thread in reports and not find it then have to reach out to me to get the info. And if I am out of touch due to RL you end up waiting the same amount of time. 

Mike Stmria likes this
15 minutes ago, Dredge said:

Another aspect is, if I put in a ban and you appeal and another admin picks it up he hasnt seen all the evidence I have when I mad my decision. So they will have to dig through the reports or sift through my ban records to find the PID/Player name of the banned person, go to the thread, watch the video and get familiar with what happened. All that time other reports, comps, and appeals go unanswered because the Admin staff is bouncing back and forth doing work that has already been done. 

Also, if I ban someone in game and that player appeals the other admin will spend time looking for the thread in reports and not find it then have to reach out to me to get the info. And if I am out of touch due to RL you end up waiting the same amount of time. 

So admins should have to summit a report like us. ;)

Just now, bigjohn561 said:

So admins should have to summit a report like us. ;)

I mean, if you want me to leave the guy mass RDMing, VDMing, or the guy that has CLed on everyone 6 times in the last hour on the server to ruin everyone elses fun I will.....

You have to go above and beyond to get banned while we are in game. A lot of times we text you and tell you what you did wrong and leave it at that. If you keep doing it you will get the boot

16 minutes ago, Dredge said:

I mean, if you want me to leave the guy mass RDMing, VDMing, or the guy that has CLed on everyone 6 times in the last hour on the server to ruin everyone elses fun I will.....

You have to go above and beyond to get banned while we are in game. A lot of times we text you and tell you what you did wrong and leave it at that. If you keep doing it you will get the boot

That would be awesome to get messaged while I'm game to talk bout the problem.. but I had a dick admin ban me that was right next to me as I was explaining myself to him. He didn't listen at all to me.. like I stated before we have more dick admins then we have nice admins.

There never were hundreds of reports every day and it is not a matter of such a heavy workload that prevents timely responses. I'll very briefly touch on some things relating to the thread. A lot of this originates from the motivation admins have had over the past few years. For some admins it is just a ban and forget mentality where the admin is always right. Not extremely commonplace but it does happen. As you can see a lot of the "good/favorite/appreciated" admins have been leaving and a lot of it relates to the poor leadership, lack of appreciation (from players and staff) and the constant abuse dished to admins. Now over time it has been the same problems festering and admins just get fed up and lose motivation and then eventually just leave. Who wants to volunteer time for those above things when you really don't feel appreciated or like you can make an impact? There is no reward for the investment and the fun of the game really starts taking a hit.

You have 2 categories:

1) Bad candidates that were allowed to be an admin just to fill a predetermined staffing number. These are the people who think they're always correct and get satisfaction out of banning/power. Also these are the people who just abuse the unlimited money aspect for unrealistic amounts of gear/load outs and occasionally the cheating via scripts.

2) Good/caring admins who got burned out from the abuse, lack of ability to impact direction of rules/gameplay and frustration from various leadership problems.

Some would argue a 3rd category "lazy" but I think it is mostly a result of #2. Some people become an admin just for the unlimited money or for the power to ban but it doesn't make up a huge portion of candidates. Most of the time an admin becomes lazy is for #2 in conjunction with real life stuff. Someone is not likely to spend the small portion of free time they have to deal with the problems from #2. They will likely rather play other games or find something else enjoyable to do with their time.

The sad truth is that there are a lot of ongoing problems that have been ignored and as a result many amazing admins have left to just get away from it. No one really wants to be a punching bag or ignored when they sacrifice free time to contribute towards someone else's dream or goals. I personally do not see things getting better anytime soon judging from how long things have been ignored. It really is unfair to you all as a player base to get burned as a result of this and I hate seeing it happen (and seeing it happen over the past few years). 

These are just my thoughts and I am sure some of the former admins will agree with parts/all of what I said and maybe even have additional thoughts on the matter.

Will, Rafael, dennozZ and 21 others like this
18 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

There never were hundreds of reports every day and it is not a matter of such a heavy workload that prevents timely responses. I'll very briefly touch on some things relating to the thread. A lot of this originates from the motivation admins have had over the past few years. For some admins it is just a ban and forget mentality where the admin is always right. Not extremely commonplace but it does happen. As you can see a lot of the "good/favorite/appreciated" admins have been leaving and a lot of it relates to the poor leadership, lack of appreciation (from players and staff) and the constant abuse dished to admins. Now over time it has been the same problems festering and admins just get fed up and lose motivation and then eventually just leave. Who wants to volunteer time for those above things when you really don't feel appreciated or like you can make an impact? There is no reward for the investment and the fun of the game really starts taking a hit.

2) Good/caring admins who got burned out from the abuse, lack of ability to impact direction of rules/gameplay and frustration from various leadership problems.

10/10

30 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

You have 2 categories:

1) Bad candidates that were allowed to be an admin just to fill a predetermined staffing number. These are the people who think they're always correct and get satisfaction out of banning/power. Also these are the people who just abuse the unlimited money aspect for unrealistic amounts of gear/load outs and occasionally the cheating via scripts.

Some would argue a 3rd category "lazy" but I think it is mostly a result of #2. Some people become an admin just for the unlimited money or for the power to ban but it doesn't make up a huge portion of candidates. Most of the time an admin becomes lazy is for #2 in conjunction with real life stuff. Someone is not likely to spend the small portion of free time they have to deal with the problems from #2. They will likely rather play other games or find something else enjoyable to do with their time.

The sad truth is that there are a lot of ongoing problems that have been ignored and as a result many amazing admins have left to just get away from it. No one really wants to be a punching bag or ignored when they sacrifice free time to contribute towards someone else's dream or goals. I personally do not see things getting better anytime soon judging from how long things have been ignored. It really is unfair to you all as a player base to get burned as a result of this and I hate seeing it happen (and seeing it happen over the past few years). 

These are just my thoughts and I am sure some of the former admins will agree with parts/all of what I said and maybe even have additional thoughts on the matter.

8/8 

TRAV likes this
32 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Go ahead. Someone say it.

Frizzy and Mayhem like this

It'd be helpful if there was a forum plugin that absolutely required a player ID and would automatically "assign" that admin to the thread, perhaps with it being displayed in a box in notifications. That way, it's visible and easily tracked without the pressure of time frames. 

1 hour ago, Sneaky said:

You have 2 categories:

I always did like u sneaky u stepped down when I first started playing and I was wondering y and u replied to me with this same kinda text but then u went back and my hopes got up... and now sadly down again...  U seem to be the only one that reply's with genuine feelings for the players... wish I had the pleasure of playing with u. 

BlackShot, Sneaky and Sandwich like this
7 minutes ago, Boris said:

It'd be helpful if there was a forum plugin that absolutely required a player ID and would automatically "assign" that admin to the thread, perhaps with it being displayed in a box in notifications. That way, it's visible and easily tracked without the pressure of time frames. 

Paratus and Motown would veto that. Accessibility is tantamount to the will of God for them.

2 hours ago, Sneaky said:

You have 2 categories:

Extremely well said Sneaky. This pretty much sums up the behind the scenes ills that players are so rarely aware of, yet too often endure the consequences of. 

While it is true that there is an obscene amount of work undertaken by the administrative team each day, it is by no means insurmountable. If that were indeed, as it is so often postulated, the underlying cause of slow service, inconsistent enforcement, and the apparent indifference players experience, the staff would simply grow to accommodate the workload. As you correctly point out, the problem is largely internal. Burnout is the scourge of efficiency and Asylum has an almost preternatural capacity to burn admins out in record time. There are forces behind the scenes that compound the general unpleasantness of the position and create an overwhelming sense of futility and impotence in carrying out one's duties.

Enforcing the rules is a Sisyphean undertaking that generally involves banning someone for breaking the rules, speaking to them in teamspeak, being pressured to show empathy and reduce the ban, then repeating the cycle next week. The people you end up dealing with are rarely pleasant and frequently hostile and abusive. Nonetheless, they aren't held to account for their actions because certain people in positions of power are acutely aware of the pressure and inconvenience the offender's gangmates will likely bring to bear should the ban be upheld, so leniency is often used to ameliorate these headaches preemptively. Who wants a group of angry teenagers flooding your inbox with demands that you free their dipshit buddy who is currently serving his 24th combat logging ban? #freeDipshit. In cases like that people are quick to capitulate and the shit always rolls down hill. Similarly, there is an unwillingness to risk the scorn of the community by removing abjectly toxic individuals. So admins are often relegated to the role of "paper tiger" and quickly lose interest once this fact becomes apparent. This burnout process is further accelerated when someone overturns your bans because of who the perpetrator is, whether it be a streamer, a gang leader, or whomever else. Once new admins realize that the rules are not really applied evenly across the board, their interest craters. 

All of this, coupled with some leadership issues I won't get into, and some baffling policy decisions (touched on below) engender indifference and disinterest towards administrative duties. Most of "the good ones" simply push through the unpleasantness in order to help the large majority of the community that doesn't deserve to suffer because of the actions of a small, toxic subset. Sadly, this benevolent enthusiasm has its limits and one by one, the good people leave until the only ones remaining are the ones that were apathetic at the outset and only took the position because they get off on the imaginary internet power or the new guys who haven't become cynical yet. There are exceptions and this is not directed at anyone, just a general rule of thumb. 

So how does any of this relate to the topic at hand? It informs the underlying cause of the problem and elucidates the structural flaws that guarantee its continuing existence until said flaws are addressed. As for the idea that all admins should be able to handle any given appeal, this seemingly common sense approach would likely fail due to a combination of bad policy and the pervasive problems outlined above. Given the state of affairs, it is very unlikely that people would be willing to handle other people's bans. An attitude of "you banned them, you deal with them" already exists and would likely be exacerbated by such a change. But the primary reason such a policy would fail is that, due to an incomprehensible policy of writing the rules to be intentionally vague "to give us wiggle room," the entire appeals process would be prone to the same vagary that characterizes the bans themselves. That's right everyone, all of this time you thought the admin team was just capricious and selectively enforcing the rules. Nope, they've been intentionally written with "wiggle room" in mind. As a result, it is not entirely uncommon for two team members to review the same report and come to polar opposite conclusions. This is, for obvious reasons, an untenable state of affairs. Introducing this chaos into the appeals process would only serve to create discord between admins.

This is but a small taste of the internal issues plaguing the administrative team. The community, the leadership, and the admins themselves deserve better. So what can be done to improve situation?

As a community member, you can make an effort to deal with admins in a professional and polite manner. These situations can be frustrating, but going in with a good attitude will make it go faster and your outcome will almost always be more positive with a good attitude. Aside from evidence, attitude was the best determining factor of a ban appeal. If you make it clear that you understand the rules and that this won't happen again, you're golden. If you come in and scream at me and call me a retard, you'll do the full ban. Additionally you can respectfully garner support and lobby for change. If you can forge a consensus, the devs will listen if you're being reasonable. 

As an admin, you can stave off burnout by getting out there with the community and remembering why you donate your time. Spend less time reading the forums posts of toxic players and more time helping new players get on their feet. Report the bad admins to the CMs at every opportunity. They make everyone's Asylum experience worse. You can also demand consistency and accountability from the leadership. 

As a CM, you can back up your administrative staff and enforce the rules consistently and with clarity and transparency. Get your people on the same page and lobby the devs to ensure that the rules are made crystal clear so the community and staff are all on the same page. No more paper tigers. 

As a Dev, you can remove the fucking wiggle room from the rules and work to improve transparency and consistency in enforcement. Additionally you can empower admins and CMs to take the steps necessary for improving the community, rather than allowing them to fester until the next cataclysmic failure or mass exodus. 

In closing, the situation is pretty rough right now. We all need to work together to protect and ensure the continued existence of this community that we love so much. This community is something special and that's why we work to ensure everyone can experience the joy that Asylum has given us. The community deserves better. Let's all work to make sure that happens. 

7 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

I always did like u sneaky u stepped down when I first started playing and I was wondering y and u replied to me with this same kinda text but then u went back and my hopes got up... and now sadly down again...  U seem to be the only one that reply's with genuine feelings for the players... wish I had the pleasure of playing with u. 

I really appreciate the kind words and I am just as sad that I'm not around playing anymore. I have had some of the most fun and incredible experiences as a civilian, cop and admin. At some point I really feel like the connection from staff/devs was lost and things went downhill. I saw myself becoming frustrated (which is not a natural thing for me to deal with) and at times I may have been a little too blunt/harsh towards players as a result. It only got worse and I cant just stay in an environment like that because it is unhealthy.

My nature has always been to help people and that goes for online as well as in person. I found that the environment was chipping away at who I was and enduring only meant I was hurting my own character. Its especially hard because there are so many cool people in the community and it can be so rewarding to help players especially ones who are brand new with that same excitement I had years ago. In the end it turned into 1 positive experience for 10 bad ones and it just isn't healthy for a volunteer environment especially when you account for my previous post and the post from buckwalter. I'm shifting to streaming and various games to get back to having fun and I'll monitor the situation here.. Maybe You'll see me around sometime in the future as a lowly peach picker =P

PS - I obviously do care, I know a lot of the Admins who stepped down care as well, it has been painful for all of us after so much time invested in helping people. They may not say it directly and it may not be obvious but a lot of them really tried to change things for the better. I'm not a one man show =P

I am really glad  @Buckwalter and @Sneaky covered this. I haven't been an Admin that long I thought I might have been the only one that felt this so kept quiet.
I am fortunate being a fairly new Admin I still enjoy doing Player Reports, Compensations and helping people out but everything you guys covered is 100% correct.
I hope everyone reads their posts to fully understand sometimes what we all go through.

The forum threats, random toxicity, salty players over not getting compensation.
All of this toxicity burn's people out. I want to be able to come on after work help as many people out and have fun in-game not babysit a bunch of children.
The community has changed a lot since I and many others started playing. I Join the server and its full of "Recorded Get Rekt", " Red is Dead" and a bunch of absurd language and toxicities its a real shame. What happened to the days of fun roleplay both with civilians and cops. 

I have made mistakes as an admin and I learned a lot from the position but with the inconsistencies, the Admin vs APD. It gets tiring. I just try and do what I think is fair to the community and give everyone back the experiences I had when I first started playing.

:FeelsBadMan:

Bilal Battu likes this

Dang, sounds like I'm experiencing Asylum as it slowly rolls down a hill. I've heard a lot about the 'good ol days' but damn. Some solid posts in here. 

Still tons of fun for me right now as a career cop, but I only speak for myself. Gratification does come into play as a Training Officer. I can say that it would probably suck hosting trainings and not getting people who thank me for hosting them, or commenting that my trainings are different and lively, etc. I love it. I can only imagine being an admin, putting in tons of work behind scenes, only to get verbally harassed 75%+ of the time and to have your inner circle be off tilt.

Being a Training Officer has its moments with idiotic people who decide to fuck around, but same boat, different sails. 

I feel. Damn. 

finn_ likes this
2 minutes ago, Sandwich said:

Dang, sounds like I'm experiencing Asylum as it slowly rolls down a hill. I've heard a lot about the 'good ol days' but damn. Some solid posts in here. 

Still tons of fun for me right now as a career cop, but I only speak for myself. Gratification does come into play as a Training Officer. I can say that it would probably suck hosting trainings and not getting people who thank me for hosting them, or commenting that my trainings are different and lively, etc. I love it. I can only imagine being an admin, putting in tons of work behind scenes, only to get verbally harassed 75%+ of the time and to have your inner circle be off tilt.

Being a Training Officer has its moments with idiotic people who decide to fuck around, but same boat, different sails. 

I feel. Damn. 

Ill Always love your trainings ma dude (especially if you can do me a swattraining this evening JK), but ye the fucking 'boat' is insane now, people actually getting burnouts from a game is harsh shit, Gl to all you current Admins, and Ty retired Admins

Sandwich likes this
7 hours ago, Sneaky said:

This group should be removed immediately and they are not.  Which then causes the group of good guys to get frustrated and eventually step down or leave all together.  The CMs need to do more to these guys, stop allowing that group to nominate just their friends which adds more to the group.

33 minutes ago, HotWings said:

This group should be removed immediately and they are not.  Which then causes the group of good guys to get frustrated and eventually step down or leave all together.  The CMs need to do more to these guys, stop allowing that group to nominate just their friends which adds more to the group.

The thing is though, who are those guys, because I'm pretty sure the player base could probably name a few, but it would be up to the retired admins to sort of "show light" to the CM's who these guys are.

Haych and Will like this
On 4/2/2017 at 6:22 PM, CPT Morgan said:

Situation

I had two bounties restrained in my prowler. While they were in the prowler they both started shooting their pistols at the police. One cadet came out, shot my prowler (in his defense he didn't know they were restrained) which initiated the aggression system. I noticed that they were red and immediately downed the officers. One of the officers thought that they were not initiated and reported me for RDM. Which led me to being banned on March 27, 2017 for 7 Days

Issue

Posted my appeal on March 27, 2017. Didn't receive a response from banning admin until March 29 two days later. Immediately responded to the admin the same day to figure out who I RDMed. Did not receive a response until a day later March 30 from the admin. Which refreshed my memory and I again immediately responded with video evidence. It is now April 2 three days after video evidence was provided by me and have yet to receive a response. My ban is over tomorrow. The video evidence is pretty clear that the aggression system was activated before I downed the officers. (Total time with unresolved ban appeal 6 days)

Suggestion

If admins go on leave or are away for a substantial amount of time ban appeals should be allowed to be taken over by other active admins. Especially if the video evidence is pretty clear that the suspect is not in the wrong. 

Please do not delete, or flame this is a serious post. 

@Olio @Volunteer281

Unfortunately things like this happen way too often. You have some people in this community that like to stick up for admins that do "wrongful bans". They knew what they signed up for when they applied and enough is enough stop making excuses for it and be an active admin if you can take the time to ban someone you should be on to at least respond to the appeals. There are plenty of people who will do the job that you are lacking. 

Edited by Frizzy