Possible resolution to all this admin stuff

After some thinking and some reading, I have thought of a few ideas to help the admins get back to what they do best. 

*Warning* Because you don't agree with be, doesn't mean I'm wrong. 

1. Gnashes said that him and Starance, spend an hour or two a day looking through logs. This gave me the idea of splitting the admin team into different "Sectors" which helps them coordinate themselves more. Example: The sector that deals with comp, sector that deals with player reports, sector that deals with unban requests, sector that deals with logs etc etc

2. Admins are given a set task (Like a minimum sort of thing, they have to do a certain amount of reports or comps or unbans a day) This seems a little harder, and maybe to much to ask for, as ALL admins probably have some sort of life, whether it be a job, family or anything else. But have a set task for all admins to complete a day (I obviously don't know how many reports and shit are submitted, but theres 15 admins, say for example there was an average of 60 reports/comps/whatever the fuck else a day, they would have to each do atleast 4 a day)

3. Any admins that are slacking (For no reason), freeloading, or just abusing powers granted to them, get the boot. They are shown the door and are told to fuck off, or pull their weight. 

Asylum itself, may not be dying, but without the admins, there wouldn't be any Asylum. 

.Sean, finn_, rp slayer and 2 others like this

People generally have those "buckets" already. It's just non-formal and unwritten.

One thing that I do agree we can make a better effort at doing is removing those who receive all of the benefits but put in very little effort. Especially when that trend continues for extended periods of time.

2 minutes ago, :(:(:(:(:( said:

sector that deals with player reports, sector that deals with unban requests.

Pretty sure they spoke about this recently, however they said the banning admin will continue to answer with unban requests.

I like your ideas and how you think it will better the community, but honestly I don't know why people are complaining. Asylum is good as is. Gnashes is now a developer, I still see active admins doing events and banning the rule breakers. Sure, response time could be sped up as I was banned a little bit ago and waited a week or so for an answer.

I like the Set task Idea but I don't think it will ever come into play due to there may not be enough reports/comp/etc for that day for the administration.

Edited by Raul Menendez

I agree with Gnashes. It can be so frustrating when some of us put a lot of our own time in to make sure Player Reports and Compensations are dealt with as quickly as possible whilst someone else is just riding the bus. After everything blew up around this Admin thing. I've spent the last 3 days along with some other admins keeping the Player Reports and Comps answered as quick as possible when I should have really been working and doing my actual Job. There is currently 1 Player report waiting for a reply and 1 Comp Request waiting for a reply so were in a good position at the moment.

KIIAK, Bishop, {-M-} and 1 other like this
Just now, massi said:

I'm pretty sure high schoolers aren't qualified to become admins.

You realize the owner of Olympus was 17 when he created Olympus? I could be in University, so being in Highschool has no bearing on someone and what they can do. 

May I ask, what does qualify someone to become an Admin, since you must know all about it, being an admin yourself? OH, thats right.

Edited by :( :( :( :( :(
BlackShot likes this
Just now, :(:(:(:(:( said:

You realize the owner of Olympus was 17 when he created Olympus? I could be in University, so being in Highschool has no bearing on someone and what they can do. 

May I ask, what does qualify someone to become an Admin, since you must know all about it, being an admin yourself? OH, thats right.

Just the way you replied demonstrates that you aren't apt to become an admin. 

Your passive aggressiveness, which I assume comes from all the hormones in your body since you're going through puberty, shows that you along with every other 17 year old just isn't mature enough.

Just now, massi said:

Just the way you replied demonstrates that you aren't apt to become an admin. 

Your passive aggressiveness, which I assume comes from all the hormones in your body since you're going through puberty, shows that you along with every other 17 year old just isn't mature enough.

To be honest, your outlook on 17 year olds is very narrow minded. I'd expect my papa to say that to me. 17 year olds in general are probably more mature than you think. There is a 17 y/o in America currently making a finger print security scan on guns to stop mass shootings in America, that sounds pretty mature to me. There is a 17 y/o who created possibly the one of, if not, the best Altis Life server to date. I'm not going to carry on arguing with you, as you have taken this far to off topic. 

6 minutes ago, Will said:

Eazy boys lets get back on topic ;) 

Edited by :( :( :( :( :(
21 minutes ago, steelersfan82 said:

Wtf do people think this is a democracy?

Nah thus is a dictatorship run by @Paratus lol we have no say stop with these posts.

Paratus owns the server therefore he has all the power in the world, but the community happens to be the majority of players, and if the community doesnt get what it wants, then things go downhill. That gives all of us power. 

Edited by Noble
CPT Morgan likes this
1 hour ago, :(:(:(:(:( said:

After some thinking and some reading, I have thought of a few ideas to help the admins get back to what they do best. 

*Warning* Because you don't agree with be, doesn't mean I'm wrong. 

1. Gnashes said that him and Starance, spend an hour or two a day looking through logs. This gave me the idea of splitting the admin team into different "Sectors" which helps them coordinate themselves more. Example: The sector that deals with comp, sector that deals with player reports, sector that deals with unban requests, sector that deals with logs etc etc

2. Admins are given a set task (Like a minimum sort of thing, they have to do a certain amount of reports or comps or unbans a day) This seems a little harder, and maybe to much to ask for, as ALL admins probably have some sort of life, whether it be a job, family or anything else. But have a set task for all admins to complete a day (I obviously don't know how many reports and shit are submitted, but theres 15 admins, say for example there was an average of 60 reports/comps/whatever the fuck else a day, they would have to each do atleast 4 a day)

3. Any admins that are slacking (For no reason), freeloading, or just abusing powers granted to them, get the boot. They are shown the door and are told to fuck off, or pull their weight. 

Asylum itself, may not be dying, but without the admins, there wouldn't be any Asylum. 

+1 I also think they should get a salary,but for that more people would need to donate and etc...

I mean it's an issue but I think the real issue is that there aren't enough admins.

Just now, Abu Bakar Bashir said:

+1 I also think they should get a salary,but for that more people would need to donate and etc...

And no cause from my understanding most of the asylum profits go toward identity. And to pay for server upkeep 

1 hour ago, :(:(:(:(:( said:

I've got no insight on whoever does what or how often but for example an admin that has been through thousands of comp requests and just doesn't feel like doing this shit for a week orso shouldn't get the boot from his advantages.

The perks of an admin might seem fucking huge but having the money to play isn't such a big deal and doesn't negatively influence anyone so i don't mind. If theres admins that haven't been around for months then i agree they might just move to retired staff and talk to a CM if they wanna be active again.

Just now, Destrah said:

I've never said that, but Olio had been pushing for Bamf/Paratus to implement them. That was a few weeks ago though. Don't know the current standing on them.

O yeah mb I meant that sorry misheard but I mean @Gnashes could just ya know do it himself now right or you still gotta go through @Paratus?

Edited by steelersfan82

On the topic of this thread, I think it's difficult to judge to what extent admins put their arse into gear - personally, I find many admins such as the likes of Will putting a decent amount of effort in. On the other hand, it may be fair to judge that some admins aren't doing their 'fair bit' - my comp. requests, etc. come in fairly quickly anyway.

keep up the work admins :))

As Gnashes said, we already have our non talked assigned tasks, but sometimes if someone needs help we all go and help with that to try to keep everything up to date.

On the Police light thing, last thing I heard/read was that they needed to review it to make sure it won't break anything. This was before Bamf's vacations so, maybe that's why it has been delayed a bit, but god I love those lights.

Setting a daily, weekly or monthly activity requirement will not help as there are sometimes that it's completely out of our hand to reach the PC to do our admin duties. We try our best to keep up with everything, of course there are sometimes we might be sitting in a few pages of reports or comps, but we do our best to knock them out as quick as we can.

Last point. Admins that are not active in a certain period of time indeed get moved to Retired.

{-M-} likes this
Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

What exactly are you not understanding about that statement?

What do you mean by freeloading in the APD?

Not doing anything while others go and seize drugs and such? Or are you talking about activities...? I am not sure what you are refering to