Do cops have to value their life

TapirTot

20 minutes ago, Caden K. said:

DO COPS HAVE TO VALUE THEIR LIFE?

If u are talking about when u kidnap cops then not really, cops are not req, to drop all their stuff every time they are taken hostage. But this is light rp server so dont expect people in general to value their life. 

Edited by AegonTargaryenTv
Just now, AegonTargaryenTv said:

When u start getting 911 calls from people in kavala asking wtf are cops doing and then u open the map and see that no one is there :D

wasn't me :kermit:

Swear i wasn't the one in the cop car throwing flashbang's at people in my mighty fine uniform and black mx :pogchamp:

Edited by Vortex
10 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Nah.  Most who get kidnapped won't roleplay anyway.  Kill em. 

I always said that RP goes both ways. Last time i was kidnapped i got salty because guy told me how he pulled a knife and cut my gear off expecting me to just drop all my stuff on instant and then when i didnt he called failed RP. If that was the case of rp then as a cop i could make up probable cause when i want on everyone saying stuff like "he is reaching for a gun so i have to shoot him"... RP was never a thing that aslyum was big on. But kidnapping is really case to case situation. 

Edited by AegonTargaryenTv
Will likes this
25 minutes ago, AegonTargaryenTv said:

I always said that RP goes both ways. Last time i was kidnapped i got salty because guy told me how he pulled a knife and cut my gear off expecting me to just drop all my stuff on instant and then when i didnt he called failed RP. If that was the case of rp then as a cop i could make up probable cause when i want on everyone saying stuff like "he is reaching for a gun so i have to shoot him"... RP was never a thing that aslyum was big on. But kidnapping is really case to case situation. 

My favorite moment was when me and a group of guys who where bounty hunters kidnaped a cop and he wouldn't drop his gear for us. His reason was that we didn't have a deadly weapon. The one of our guys pulled a rook and he then droped it for us... great rp that time. 

1 hour ago, Twinkie Doge said:

My favorite moment was when me and a group of guys who where bounty hunters kidnaped a cop and he wouldn't drop his gear for us. His reason was that we didn't have a deadly weapon. The one of our guys pulled a rook and he then droped it for us... great rp that time. 

One time i kidnapped a cop and he refused to drop his gear saying "If i drop my gear i will be banned for RDM"
great roleplay

Nicolas March and Mr. Linux like this
3 hours ago, AegonTargaryenTv said:

If that was the case of rp then as a cop i could make up probable cause when i want on everyone saying stuff like "he is reaching for a gun so i have to shoot him"... RP was never a thing that aslyum was big on. But kidnapping is really case to case situation. 

Most people on Asylum use the Caucasian or Asian Skin. Wouldn't work. You'd get a internal investigation and get kicked off the APD. Now on the other hand if all of us used the black skin that may be a different story lol

so do cops have to value their life or not? I think it is stupid when they say things like oh it's glued to my hands or taped to me but at the same time I don't like giving up gear either. can we get a clear answer on this if it hasn't already been answered? if so maybe someone has the link. sorry im to lazy to post this in apd faq gray areas

@Olivia?

1 hour ago, Eric916 said:

so do cops have to value their life or not? I think it is stupid when they say things like oh it's glued to my hands or taped to me but at the same time I don't like giving up gear either. can we get a clear answer on this if it hasn't already been answered? if so maybe someone has the link. sorry im to lazy to post this in apd faq gray areas

@Olivia?

I feel whether a cop values his life or not is part of the common sense clause on the guidebook. 

We as cops should value our lives to the best of our ability, but the standard "drop your shit or die" isn't really a good reason for an officer to drop their gear. If you want an officer to drop their stuff, do something original, make the situation enjoyable for both parties. Just as a civilian has to convince an officer that he's innocent when he's wanted, a civilian has to convince an officer why he should drop his stuff. This is a game and you'll never value your in-game life as much as a real life, but an officer might value some original fun and might reward you for entertaining him by dropping his gear and entertaining you in return.

Also, The value of your life extends farther beyond being kidnapped. Value your life at Banks/Feds/Prisons and don't Zerg rush constantly, Value your life when patrolling and don't siren a group of people with MKs aimed at you, Value your life and learn that you can take a loss (Giving up gear when kidnapped, leaving a bank/fed/prison when you're obviously getting slaughtered over and over).

Value other officers/civs as well. Try to negotiate in Kidnappings rather than always going for full frontal assault

Olivia and Eric916 like this

To put it simply

Cops should value their life. That doesn't mean they have to drop there gear when kidnapped.

You roleplay well with me and come to an arrangement then I might be willing to drop some of my gear. If its crap then I am not going to just hand out free APD equipment. We have enough of that being given out by corrupt cops. I also enjoy trying to escape being kidnapped even if I have a very slim chance.

Typical Scenario

" Your being kidnapped we want your gear " 
At this point, I am a bit annoyed so I begin planning my escape I decide to play the nice guy.
This will also be my decision as to if their roleplay begins to improve are they trying to negotiate with other cops or are they just being potato's wanting my gear.
" Drop all your gear on the floor and you can go "
Now I am like do I reward them for their tragic RP or do I a make an attempted escape and risk my life. So I decide to try an escape knowing I have a chance of dying whilst on duty. But these civilians could use my weapon to harm other officers so I am willing to take that risk
" Ok we are going to un-restrain you and don't move at all just place your gun on the ground " 

post-21026-Bender-upvote-gif-machine-gun
You will never take me Alive !!!!!!!!

The other alternative is to roleplay well talk with other cops negotiate the officer's release. The old days I remember all sorts being negotated. From Donuts, Spike strips, SUVs Various things. Even money if it isn't unrealistic. Usually, about $30k per hostage would be about right. If you roleplay well then depending on the officers you could be getting $30k richer for basically roleplaying doing nothing.

Disclaimer: Some cops may be really special and don't know how to roleplay themselves so it goes both ways :) 

The Boss, sah, Olivia and 3 others like this
1 minute ago, Will said:

To put it simply

Cops should value their life. That doesn't mean they have to drop there gear when kidnapped.

You roleplay well with me and come to an arrangement then I might be willing to drop some of my gear. If its crap then I am not going to just hand out free APD equipment. We have enough of that being given out by corrupt cops. I also enjoy trying to escape being kidnapped even if I have a very slim chance.

Typical Scenario

" Your being kidnapped we want your gear " 
At this point, I am a bit annoyed so I begin planning my escape I decide to play the nice guy.
This will also be my decision as to if their roleplay begins to improve are they trying to negotiate with other cops or are they just being potato's wanting my gear.
" Drop all your gear on the floor and you can go "
Now I am like do I reward them for their tragic RP or do I a make an attempted escape and risk my life. So I decide to try an escape knowing I have a chance of dying whilst on duty. But these civilians could use my weapon to harm other officers so I am willing to take that risk
" Ok we are going to un-restrain you and don't move at all just place your gun on the ground " 

post-21026-Bender-upvote-gif-machine-gun
You will never take me Alive !!!!!!!!

The other alternative is to roleplay well talk with other cops negotiate the officer's release. The old days I remember all sorts being negotated. From Donuts, Spike strips, SUVs Various things. Even money if it isn't unrealistic. Usually, about $30k per hostage would be about right. If you roleplay well then depending on the officers you could be getting $30k richer for basically roleplaying doing nothing.

Disclaimer: Some cops may be really special and don't know how to roleplay themselves so it goes both ways :) 

+1

8 hours ago, Eric916 said:

@Olivia?

ab75a2c7a6105ed5c3435153f3560e5c.png

Asylum is a light RP server, it is up the officers discretion to give you his gear or not.

If one of the first things you say when you kidnap me is "Drop your gear in the car/chopper", ya, you're not getting my gear.

Heck, I remember when we had free loadouts of any kind we wanted, and officers still wouldn't drop their gear due to the horrible RP. 

You reap what you sow, you provide horrible RP, expect to receive it right back.

James Anderson and Sandwich like this

I love how they call fail RP or say I don't value my life after I down them all or we rescue a officer etc.:frog: they seem to think we are not allowed to try and escape or rescue officers. :shrug:

I will drop my gear if you RP well enough, and if your worried about rescue attempts by other officers, well that's the risk you take, Don't complain if we catch you. 

If I feel I can take you out or rescue a officer without giving you Equipment/Money etc then of course we are going to try.

P.s Make reasonable demands also if you actually want people to drop things, and give good RP.