Cop QoL Suggestion

this is more a QoL suggestion, plus it might help cut down on people using group chat. 

well i used to play on another server a long time ago before i came to asylum, they had pub cop slots(which was aids), but the thing i liked was there were hot keys for back up requests or in pursuit. examples being 

alt+numpad 5 = code 5 = requesting higher up

alt+numpad 4 = code 4 = all clear(meaning you are not in pursuit or in an active fire fight)

alt+numpad 3 = requesting backup(in active firefight)

alt+numpad 2 = cant remember exactly but i think it was suspect apprehended and is being processed

alt+numpad 1 = in pursuit of suspect

and when anyone changes there status a notification appears for all officers letting them know whats going on.on the map your name will also be altered so it adds code 1-5 at that end and it will change when ever status is changed so it will have to be changed back and forth when needed, i believe it was also color coded. dont remember what the color code was though, that way it stand out easier when someone needs backup

Edited by Brandon
Flameless and FudgeR like this
Just now, william said:

"get out of group chat retard" is what I usually get so I +1 this

I talk in group chat and never get that, just make it simple like "Requesting backup in city/channel/town/drug field" and don't scream! I often hear constables scream in group chat for 15 seconds for a simple backup call.

Flameless likes this
Just now, Brandon said:

I meant like a text notification, it will appear were you get notifications for swat, 911 and the like

I think it might be ok if it placed a ping like 911s actually.  I just feel like it might be ignored just like 911s tho haha

Just now, HotWings said:

I think it might be ok if it placed a ping like 911s actually.  I just feel like it might be ignored just like 911s tho haha

oh forgot to mention its not a ping, on the map your name will also be altered so it adds code 1-5 at that end and it will change when ever status is changed so it will have to be changed back and forth when needed, i believe it was also color coded. dont remember what the color code was though, that way it stand out easier when someone needs backup ill add this to description above

Edited by Brandon
4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

oh forgot to mention its not a ping, on the map your name will also be altered so it adds code 1-5 at that end and it will change when ever status is changed so it will have to be changed back and forth when needed, i believe it was also color coded. dont remember what the color code was though, that way it stand out easier when someone needs backup ill add this to description above

well most people would either forget to change or wouldn't care to change it their not going to stop what they are doing to put on a code because 1 it could get them killed 2 people would forget what codes are for what i don't think it should be something that is required just something that can be added for fun

Just now, Chris Preuninger said:

well most people would either forget to change or wouldn't care to change it their not going to stop what they are doing to put on a code because 1 it could get them killed 2 people would forget what codes are for what i don't think it should be something that is required just something that can be added for fun

never said it was a requirement just something that would help. do people not understand what QoL is?