Smart individuals join the APD

In my opinion, most of the problems came when about 90% of these current sergeants got promoted because we "needed" sergeants. Most of the current sergeants were not even a corporal for a week and got promoted to sgt. This is when I noticed problems in the staff. I have personally gotten a lot of constables complain to me about these people, and most of the constables are right about them is the sad part. And like someone said earlier, they only got promoted to sgt because they applied at the right time, which you literally did apply for Sgt since we badly needed them they say. Which fuck the whole system until we was able to get back on a "chosen" base. I'm just glad to say I got promoted on the chosen base before all of the apply for Sgt crap came out and others got promoted simply because we needed sgts. LT's on the other hand, they are great people, ya some do make bad calls, but i do not judge it and just follow there orders. Lts are fun people to play with, so are other constables.

At the moment, the promotion system is fucked up, I will personally say that, and other sgts agree with me. Past few days I have brought up the idea for a precinct based promotion system, which I believe will be a much better system, so you can play on the precinct you like, and only have to get to know the sgts and Lts there. Hope it goes through, but it's not looking to hot.

I will also be the first sgt to admit, the promotion process has been about dick sucking. For my 5+ months of being a sgt, the old corporal system where sgts meet up once a month and talk was the best. Now, you get sponsered, need to go suck dick to sgts to get votes. It's messed up. Either way the system goes, there is going to be some sort of dick sucking which is unfortunate.

Edited by Med_Ex
Olivia, Chapo, RomanRunsCA and 1 other like this
1 minute ago, Med_Ex said:

At the moment, the promotion system is fucked up, I will personally say that, and other sgts agree with me. Past few days I have brought up the idea for a precinct based promotion system, which I believe will be a much better system, so you can play on the precinct you like, and only have to get to know the sgts and Lts there. Hope it goes through, but it's not looking to hot.

Suggested that a looooooong ass time ago when Durga was the only active Captain and that went 100 to 0 real quick. (nothing to do with Durga)

It was also brought up back when the first Chief Of Police debates were going on and it didn't happen then either. But good luck with that

Olivia likes this
2 minutes ago, Med_Ex said:

In my opinion, most of the problems came when about 90% of these current sergeants got promoted because we "needed" sergeants. Most of the current sergeants were not even a corporal for a week and got promoted to sgt. This is when I noticed problems in the staff. I have personally gotten a lot of constables complain to me about these people, and most of the constables are right about them is the sad part. And like someone said earlier, they only got promoted to sgt because they applied at the right time, which you literally did apply for Sgt since we badly needed them they say. Which fuck the whole system until we was able to get back on a "chosen" base. I'm just glad to say I got promoted on the chosen base before all of the apply for Sgt crap came out and others got promoted simply because we needed sgts. LT's on the other hand, they are great people, ya some do make bad calls, but i do not judge it and just follow there orders. Lts are fun people to play with, so are other constables.

This is still not implemented?  I tried to get this to happen when I was a SGT also.  Precinct based promotions for Corporal + is the best idea.  

Patrick likes this
7 minutes ago, Med_Ex said:

I will also be the first sgt to admit, the promotion process has been about dick sucking. For my 5+ months of being a sgt, the old corporal system where sgts meet up once a month and talk was the best. Now, you get sponsered, need to go suck dick to sgts to get votes. It's messed up. Either way the system goes, there is going to be some sort of dick sucking which is unfortunate.

Agreed,  its those sgts From that wave that are the problem. Didnt really want to flat out say it but its true, 

Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

This is still not implemented?  I tried to get this to happen when I was a SGT also.  Precinct based promotions for Corporal + is the best idea.  

Another good gang cop who was Sgt right here in my opinion. Don't know where you went or what happened but just thought I'd throw that out there. I think for the most part you knew enough to be a good Sgt and lead others despite the other things I've heard people say about you.

Clint Beastwood likes this
Just now, M0T4RD said:

Another good gang cop who was Sgt right here in my opinion. Don't know where you went or what happened but just thought I'd throw that out there. I think for the most part you knew enough to be a good Sgt and lead others despite the other things I've heard people say about you.

Agreed. Clint was a great sgt and I looked up to him as a corporal and wanted to follow in his path as a sgt. Clint being in Synergy and a Sgt actually made the APD a better place. He had the best of both worlds and got to know everyone for who they were and experience a lot of shit rebels get.

Clint Beastwood likes this
7 minutes ago, M0T4RD said:

Appreciate that.  

I knew how hard it was for both sides since I saw the struggle.  It kind of killed cop for me because of the bureaucracy (at the time) and also the severe hatred toward large gang members.  I still think most of the higher-ups would still overlook good cop because of their civilian affiliation.  

Edited by Clint Beastwood
1 hour ago, Kryptonn said:

That was primarily a joke, it was a 4apdv1rebel, having a peak-fest with 1 target. Usually i dont Get mad at all, and when i get mad its because i know the right answer, and the higherups are being silly.

Might be so, but you have to think how that sounds to the people in the channel.  Its the same stuff that used to get me in trouble. lol

Just now, M0T4RD said:

All of it still exists

It actually doesn't. We have had multiple members of large gangs in power positions. All those people choose civ over cop and left or went inactive and got removed.  No-one really cares what anyone is in.  I was in Bad Blood until the day they went poof, still made Sgt, no one every looked down on me for being in the gang either.

4 minutes ago, HotWings said:

It actually doesn't. We have had multiple members of large gangs in power positions. All those people choose civ over cop and left or went inactive and got removed.  No-one really cares what anyone is in.  I was in Bad Blood until the day they went poof, still made Sgt, no one every looked down on me for being in the gang either.

Not talking down but you didn't really wear the tag on cop from what I recall. Wearing a tag on cop is like the difference between a storm and a little drizzling rain when you're in a big gang.

Edited by M0T4RD
Olivia likes this
21 minutes ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

Who? Lol, that hasn't happened that i am aware of.

10 minutes ago, Kryptonn said:

6 weeks, corporal for 2, sgt In 8 weeks. Done before m8

this ^

What I was getting at is I've seen people starting day 1 cadet week, then before I knew it were starting day 1 Sergeant.

3 minutes ago, Quenton said:

this ^

What I was getting at is I've seen people starting day 1 cadet week, then before I knew it were starting day 1 Sergeant.

To be fair those are usually former Sgts who sucked someone off to cut a deal for their rank back. I don't really see this as a problem. If they were actually new to the APD, then that is definitely a problem but I don't recall seeing any of that

Edited by M0T4RD
Just now, M0T4RD said:

To be fair those are usually former Sgts who sucked someone off to cut a deal for their rank back. I don't really see this as a problem. If they were actually new to the APD, then that is definitely a problem but I don't recall seeing any of that

I don't want to put out names, but these people were definitely not sergeants before. This was back in like September last year when they mass promoted. I'm not saying they didn't deserve it, but they just moved up in the ranks hella fast.

Olivia likes this
2 minutes ago, Quenton said:

I don't want to put out names, but these people were definitely not sergeants before. This was back in like September last year when they mass promoted. I'm not saying they didn't deserve it, but they just moved up in the ranks hella fast.

I remember now haha we're talking on steam rn but yeah you're right I don't think it wasn't deserved though if we're talking about the same person.

Edited by M0T4RD

Last year the captains decided to mass promote a group of corporals to sergeant. The reason for this was to help counter the large "super gangs" out there. They needed more leadership on the field as well as better tools such as hunters and helis. Now I agree there are a lot of people promoted in the APD who I believe shouldn't, but its become more lenient. 

The APD recruits people based on their knowledge of the guidebook, not their RP nor combat skills. So please don't criticize the APDs combat skills when these new recruits have only played 20 hours in arma 3. Sure having a sense of great RP can help you get promoted in the APD, it is not necessary. I have always tried to make suggestions to increase the difficulty it takes to become a part of the APD so issues of RP will greatly decrease. 

Asylum will always have little to RP whatsoever because that is what makes asylum popular. People hop on here for quick action and fun. If asylum were to change its RP standards into a more strict state, Asylum population would die off greatly. Asylum will always be in a little to no RP state because thats what makes it popular. 

Olivia and Reavantos like this

Some of the higher-ups I've played with are just...wow. 

They're stuck in the mindset from when they played with their massive gangs, hot dropping on targets works when you have an orca full of guys...it doesn't work when you have a fucking hummingbird of 4-5 people against 15-20.

You try to suggest something else, but ultimately you're told to shut up and follow orders...no matter how stupid they may be. 

You don't drop into the middle of enemy AO and start clearing from the middle, you start clearing from the sides and clear as you progress so you're not dodging bullets from every fucking direction. 

Edited by epTic
12 minutes ago, Kuklinski said:

the only bad thing is some Lts and sargents with 0 skill in game and 0 skill as leaders if u are a sargent and Lt u need to try atleast to lead ppl on server if u guys want higher ranks start leading 

You have a Captain who with a few hundred hours in Arma total.

You have no tactics from the high ups and people who are unwilling to listen when idea are put forward.  The entire process is like herding cats.  You've seen the cops, they complain but their strategy is to snipe from 800m out with a TRG. The locations are difficult for the cops, but the strategies attempted are worse.

The Monopoly Man likes this
1 minute ago, Ranger said:

You have no tactics from the high ups and people who are unwilling to listen when idea are put forward.  The entire process is like herding cats.  You've seen the cops, they complain but their strategy is to snipe from 800m out with a TRG. The locations are difficult for the cops, but the strategies attempted are worse.

Usually because most of the ideas involve dropping on a group of 5-10 of 7.62 with a Hummingbird or rushing in with hatchbacks. 

Rarely does the APD have the numbers to pull off a successful zerg rush.

Edited by epTic
Just now, Ranger said:

Which captain is that. Ed?

Just now, epTic said:

Usually because most of the ideas involve dropping on a group of 5-10 of 7.62 with a Hummingbird or rushing in with hatchbacks. 

Rarely does the APD have the numbers to pull off a successful zerg rush.

They have the numbers to zerg, just not the communication to do it properly most the time.

Just now, Kryptonn said:

Which captain is that. Ed?

Yes.  But at least he tries to lead the cops, I'll give him that.

Just now, Ranger said:

They have the numbers to zerg, just not the communication to do it properly most the time.

Yes.  But at least he tries to lead the cops, I'll give him that.

Perhaps when you're online, but when I'm online there's usually 5-10. 

I like Ed, at least he tries and interacts with the force unlike the vast majority of higher ups who sit in locked channels by themselves. 

We had a "patrol" of 5 sgts/lts sitting in support the other day, gl getting communications going with group chat.

3 hours ago, Kryptonn said:

I will most likely never get promoted Past constable. Been one for 15 months, and ill tell you right now ill never suck up to nor feign respect to the extremely high number of arrogant, idiotic sergeants that inhabit the APD.

And its also apparent which sgts are truly anti-social beings who have no respect in real life also as in-game. There are good sgts no doubt, but youll never see me suck dick to get corporal.

Many hop on for a 30 minute period, screw up the entire server by changing strategies, suggesting foolish ideas/tactics, using lethal power to completely screw the APD (2v10?? Down them since youre antagonising rebels). 

I feel a blacklist incoming

Edited by Brew
1 minute ago, Brew said:

I feel a blacklist incoming

I mean...he's not wrong. 

The times I play you'll have 5ish cops online, so we'll naturally group up so we can defend ourselves and respond to situations more rapidly and with more force. Many times we're told to split up by higher ups who then go back to hiding in their locked channels. 

I understand if you have 10 cops in a a channel, but 5? C'mon man. 

I dont Mind Ed at all. Ive seen all 3 current caltains in channels consistently playing. But honestly, if i was captain thered be at LEAST an hour a day of IN GAME time for me, or i wouldnt want to take up the captain rank. Constant involvement would make a huge difference. But not saying current play time of captains is wrong by any means.

Edited by Kryptonn