Smart individuals join the APD

Just now, Kryptonn said:

This post was never to blame others for me not being promoted. It was made into that by higherups/ex-higherups that do exactly as I accused them of. In fact, I have stated multiple times im more than content being a constable....and again WHAT IS IT WITH PEOPLE BRING REAL LIFE INTO THIS??? Sorry but comparing how people act on a forums(APD) to a real life company, is nothing short of cringe.

*cringe*

Dude, this has everything to do with real life since the promotion process is very similar to how some jobs are managed.

Olivia and Patrick like this
1 minute ago, Volunteer281 said:

I got promoted to Sgt because I went out of my way to help train new cadets and tried my best to be a model cop. It's not all about who you know. If you are a shit cop it won't matter that you know higher ups, you won't go far.

Plus, there are many examples of cops who: Cannot RP, cannot perform well in game, and who cannot lead, and who cannot stay in a kidnap without alt-f4.  They are higher ups unfortunately.

When I made SGT server 2 had just come out and I was one of 7 SGT's. When I made LT a month later I was one of 5 LT's. It was super competitive and extremely hard to get promoted. But I never played the way I played just to get promoted. I played cop the way I thought it should be played and it so happened to work out for me. It's called going above and beyond. 

iFox likes this
Just now, Kryptonn said:

Apparently I'm not the only one mad if this has got 5 pages in less than 24 Hours. Compare it to the other threads popularity and you'll see.

Every anti cop thread in the history of the servers has exploded and been multipage within hours. Just because you spawn a thread that goes to page 5 doesn't mean you are on to something.

Just now, Nighteyes said:

Every anti cop thread in the history of the servers has exploded and been multipage within hours. Just because you spawn a thread that goes to page 5 doesn't mean you are on to something.

Show me one? We've had plenty on the new forums and it hasn't got this support. Why are you derailing thread though? As admin Why are you arguing with a regular member?

1 minute ago, Kryptonn said:

Show me one? We've had plenty on the new forums and it hasn't got this support. Why are you derailing thread though? As admin Why are you arguing with a regular member?

Since when was I not allowed to debate with the community? This is my community too and my opinions are just as valid as yours.

Kinda hard to show you the past 2-3 years of forum threads when they were all wiped out. If you think I would lie about something so trivial I don't know what to tell you.

Olivia and Patrick like this
2 minutes ago, Nighteyes said:

Since when was I not allowed to debate with the community? This is my community too and my opinions are just as valid as yours.

Kinda hard to show you the past 2-3 years of forum threads when they were all wiped out. If you think I would lie about something so trivial I don't know what to tell you.

Well, I have no problem you debating, i encourage it. But in the past that has always got threads locked so I'm being cautious.

Keep this in mind. Every single higher up all started as cadet. Each one managed to work their was up based on their own merit. Like I said, just because someone knows or plays a lot with higher ups doesn't mean they are in line for a promotion.

I've played with and know many different individuals that I would never recommend for a promotion. For example, Vorpal, Avengers, and ez1n come to mind as I'm writing this. I enjoyed playing cop with them and I've had a blast. Would I ever had considered them for a promotion to SGT or LT? Hell no. Why? Well they may be a decent shot or have an advanced knowledge of tactics, but when it comes to leading or taking time to train and improve the APD anyway they can, they lacked effort. 

Each and every higher up was promoted because they stood out from the rest. Not because of who's ass they kissed or who's friend they were with. Just look at Dull and Durga. Were they well liked? Not exactly. Why then were they higher ups? Because they knew how to get the job done and be a pretty damn good cop like it or not.

RomanRunsCA, Patrick, Snatch and 1 other like this
On 1/25/2016 at 0:57 PM, Kryptonn said:

Te APD Seems slightly unbalanced in its individuals, i will repost my opinion here. If you think you are smart, have good leadership, apply for the APD please(you're needed). Anyways here(there is a number of reasons this topic is important, cop makes of 50% of our teams, ignoring medic): 

Tell me what you think of my story.

When reading a post mentioning sucking Up to higherups and whatnot:

I will most likely never get promoted Past constable. Been one for 15 months, and ill tell you right now ill never suck up to nor feign respect to the extremely high number of arrogant, idiotic sergeants that inhabit the APD. So far, the APD has picked decent LTs(not captains sadly), but the sgts that were picked in that mass wave led way to a terribpe state of power control. Id love to be corporal and help the APD(they need it), but the sgt stage in an APD career is the first stage where cops start to get some power, and it's apparent which ones take their power way too far and let it reach their heads. And its also apparent which sgts are truly anti-social beings who have no respect in real life also as in-game. There are good sgts no doubt, but youll never see me suck dick to get corporal. There are numerous recordings and situations in general where this power complex can be seen. Its a true shame sgts have so much power in game as well. Many hop on for a 30 minute period, screw up the entire server by changing strategies, suggesting foolish ideas/tactics, using lethal power to completely screw the APD (2v10?? Down them since youre antagonising rebels). 

Original Post ^^^ Note the Bold/Underlined areas...

16 minutes ago, Kryptonn said:

This post was never to blame others for me not being promoted. It was made into that by higherups/ex-higherups that do exactly as I accused them of. In fact, I have stated multiple times im more than content being a constable....and again WHAT IS IT WITH PEOPLE BRING REAL LIFE INTO THIS??? This thread wasn't even focused on promotions, but authorizing lethals in actuallity. The fact promotions is being defended by higherups/ex-higherups shows guilt/defense of somrthing they know in their concscience (if i ought bring conscience to a game) is ruinrd. Sorry but comparing how people act on a forums(APD) to a real life company, is nothing short of cringe.

A simple quote ^^ Note the questioning of bringing up real life into this forum post...

13 minutes ago, Kryptonn said:

Remember though, this thread wasn't even focused around promotions. I have accepted in my opinion the promotion process is far than on par With equality. This was more of a thread about power struggle and ignorance of higher ups.

Another simple quote ^^ Remember, the OP, it had a biggg paragraph about promotions...

Sorry Krypton, looks like you went full circle on your own post and totally contradict everything your trying to defend. 

The process isn't perfect, never will be, and many people fall through the cracks. Has been since day 1. There have been excellent higher ups, shitty higher ups, and so-so higher ups. There have been shitty constables, excellent constables, and so-so constables. Some of them somehow get promoted, some of them don't get noticed, and some of them remain constables. I played cop, almost exclusively for 7 months before I got promoted to Sgt (before Sr. Constable/Corporal). I saw some shitty Constables get promoted before me, and saw some excellent ones as well. I never made a forum post like many unsatisfied officers tend to do and never bitched about not getting promoted. You know what I did, I just continued playing the game.

5 minutes ago, Killswitch said:

Sorry Krypton, looks like you went full circle on your own post and totally contradict everything your trying to defend. 

The process isn't perfect, never will be, and many people fall through the cracks. Has been since day 1. There have been excellent higher ups, shitty higher ups, and so-so higher ups. There have been shitty constables, excellent constables, and so-so constables. Some of them somehow get promoted, some of them don't get noticed, and some of them remain constables. I played cop, almost exclusively for 7 months before I got promoted to Sgt (before Sr. Constable/Corporal). I saw some shitty Constables get promoted before me, and saw some excellent ones as well. I never made a forum post like many unsatisfied officers tend to do and never bitched about not getting promoted. You know what I did, I just continued playing the game.

giphy.gif

Snatch and DreamC like this
11 minutes ago, Killswitch said:

Original Post ^^^ Note the Bold/Underlined areas...

A simple quote ^^ Note the questioning of bringing up real life into this forum post...

Another simple quote ^^ Remember, the OP, it had a biggg paragraph about promotions...

Of course I mentioned promotions, it was in my first sentence, i get that. The point of this thread was to talk about higher ups ability to authorize lethals/make combat decisions when they are clearly less than capable. I suppose deciding promotions too goes in with their power but that's not the focus.

I'm sorry to say it.. higher ups can keep their ranks. I was a Corporal once, would 0/10 want it again all it invites is Civ's to be overly bitter towards you and your fellow Constables that once loved to be around you be filled with Salt because it was you and not them.

To this day I am still trying to figure out how I was promoted over some Constables that blew my RP out of the water. They knew more about the APD than me, dedicated more time and didn't even talk to higher ups outside asking for rule clarification. 

:kappa: I'm gonna blame Nighteyes. <3

7 minutes ago, Mc Duushe said:

I'm sorry to say it.. higher ups can keep their ranks. I was a Corporal once, would 0/10 want it again all it invites is Civ's to be overly bitter towards you and your fellow Constables that once loved to be around you be filled with Salt because it was you and not them.

To this day I am still trying to figure out how I was promoted over some Constables that blew my RP out of the water. They knew more about the APD than me, dedicated more time and didn't even talk to higher ups outside asking for rule clarification. 

:kappa: I'm gonna blame Nighteyes. <3

It was me. I did it.

1 hour ago, Jigawatt said:

I got promoted to Sgt without ever playing with Lt's or Sgt's. I played the game. Always welcomed cadets and tried to help out as best I could.

This is what I did, and still do. When Sgt's and Lt's got in their massive channels, I would just get cadets and help them out. Constables today still thank me for helping them out during their cadet week. Also, I learned most of my combat sense from fighting big gangs and playing with them on cop.

Edited by Eli
Olivia and Zoex like this
28 minutes ago, Volunteer281 said:

Keep this in mind. Every single higher up all started as cadet. Each one managed to work their was up based on their own merit. Like I said, just because someone knows or plays a lot with higher ups doesn't mean they are in line for a promotion.

I've played with and know many different individuals that I would never recommend for a promotion. For example, Vorpal, Avengers, and ez1n come to mind as I'm writing this. I enjoyed playing cop with them and I've had a blast. Would I ever had considered them for a promotion to SGT or LT? Hell no. Why? Well they may be a decent shot or have an advanced knowledge of tactics, but when it comes to leading or taking time to train and improve the APD anyway they can, they lacked effort. 

Each and every higher up was promoted because they stood out from the rest. Not because of who's ass they kissed or who's friend they were with. Just look at Dull and Durga. Were they well liked? Not exactly. Why then were they higher ups? Because they knew how to get the job done and be a pretty damn good cop like it or not.

fucking jerk!

All i have to say is the force today is shit compared to a year ago. 

But you make it what you need it to be. If your not happy then leave, or change the people you're playing with. And no, nobody deserves to be promoted because the length of time they've been on the force, that's half the problem already. Either you make a good leader or you don't, there is no in between.

This is a fucking video game and anyone that stresses over or thinks they are so much more important than you for being a higher ranked pixelated police officer needs to re-evaluate their life IRL. 

Edited by Jessie Slaughter
16 hours ago, Nighteyes said:

Dude, this has everything to do with real life since the promotion process is very similar to how some jobs are managed.

This is exactly the lesson I've learned from the APD.

I'll be real honest with you all, I was SGT for 8 looong months.  People told me I deserved LT for the last 5-6 months and I had no idea why I didn't get it.  It was very frustrating for me and many times those emotions followed me all day outside of the game.  However, I am REALLY glad it took me this long to get promoted.  That's because I took it as a serious time for self-reflection and improvement.  I won't deny, I was not a great leader and I sucked at combat.  So I fucking worked hard on it.  Many days I would swear it was a conspiracy and someone had a vendetta, that was the only reason I didn't get it.  But then I stopped lying to myself and admitted I had a lot to work on.  When I look at how much I've changed, I'm astounded and proud at what I've done and I know I still I have farther to go.  I would have never grown if I hadn't taken the challenge.

But this reaches outside of the game, what's it going to be like if I have a job in the future where I'm passed up for a promotion?  How do I handle myself when dealing with someone who got a promotion but "didn't deserve it" in my eyes?  How do I figure out what I need to work on and how do I ask for help to improve?  How do I remain professional and amiable on those days where I'm really fucking pissed off on the inside without rage-quitting rage-resigning?  Our promo system is not perfect and I refuse to blame any individuals because there isn't a perfect promo system in the world. 

So what am I trying to say here?  If anyone here wants a promo, use this game as a time to grow and ask relentlessly for feedback.  Everybody here can improve on something in their life.  It could be interpersonal/mediator skills, making difficult decisions under pressure, learning to take criticism in a professional manner, sympathizing with others (both civ/cop sides), admitting to your own mistakes while saving face, learning to apply theory (guidebook) in a situation you've never seen before, etc.   I've played tons of amazing and stunning video games, but no game has ever been this impactful.  "Asylum: 10/10" -IGN

But I guess this thread is really about lethals?  Uhh I guess just report the cops you see abuse them, we're trying to be better about it?

19 hours ago, Nighteyes said:

And to get back on track, if you think some higherups are abusing their powers then report them. It's as simple as that.

I think we were originally discussing about things that weren't against APD policy. Don't know where this thread went recently but it is slowly becoming shit I can agree with that. I'd just say that we should all scroll up and copy and paste our own suggestions into that new little section the Captains made for suggestions.

Edited by M0T4RD
1 hour ago, M0T4RD said:

I think we were originally discussing about things that weren't against APD policy. Don't know where this thread went recently but it is slowly becoming shit I can agree with that. I'd just say that we should all scroll up and copy and paste our own suggestions into that new little section the Captains made for suggestions.

Yes, the thread was purposed to not show anything outside the rules.

7 hours ago, Olivia said:

But this reaches outside of the game, what's it going to be like if I have a job in the future where I'm passed up for a promotion?  How do I handle myself when dealing with someone who got a promotion but "didn't deserve it" in my eyes?  How do I figure out what I need to work on and how do I ask for help to improve?  How do I remain professional and amiable on those days where I'm really fucking pissed off on the inside without rage-quitting rage-resigning?  Our promo system is not perfect and I refuse to blame any individuals because there isn't a perfect promo system in the world. 

+1 This.  Good read.

You guys who are in school still. Read this again, slowly and absorb it.

Reality waits behind a rock with a really BIG fucking bat for some of you.