Whitelisted Medics

2 hours ago, Sky said:

Here's my layout:

1. Volunteer Medic (Unwhitelisted, basic gear)  

2. EMT-I (EMT- Intermediate, prestige, perks, access to hatchback sports) 

3. EMT-P (EMT- Paramedic, all perks, have charge over other whitelisted medics, armor, medic hunters for combat revives? Quite a stretch, but trying to give some value to the slots. The Hunters would be expensive and inaccessible to any other slot, just like the Hummingbird is) 

Basic Rules:

•  Medics will have to softlog to provide at least one life of support to the APD at a bank, fed, or prison break. 
  • Obey paramedic orders if given. If orders are not given, medics are free to revive anyone they feel. 
  • Hunters will not be used to ram other armored vehicles, or automatic removal will result.
  • Be professional. Any evidence of being a troll or toxic is subject for removal.
  • If asked to be helped by a civilian, medic MUST assist unless told otherwise by a higherup or APD officer. 

In regards to dev team options, increasing the timer for blood transfusions and splints for cops and civs is one that would give medics a bigger role. We'd need word from Paratus himself to see the extent he'd be willing to go to make this work, or if he's willing to at all. 

Some of what Killswitch put in his thread could work as simple guidelines and perks for medics, though I don't agree with all of them, such as the radius-dependent requests.  

Medics should also have a point system like cops

Clark likes this

The only problem I see with whitelisted medics is that if you whitelist medics you have to give them a bigger role on Asylum. A bigger role in terms of medics means perhaps taking away utilities that civilians and the APD already have which wouldn't be so great for those two roles.

Edited by Promethieus
Grammar nazi
8 hours ago, AegonTargaryenTv said:

As long as every civ can pull defib out of his pocket with blood bags and adrenaline medic will be the role that you can live without. If you can live without something then it's not worth making it whitelisted. You need devs to be ready to make big changes and then sky is the limit as far as ideas go. 

Institute some sort of prestige system for EMS like Police Medics.

Remove Defibs, Blood Bags, & Splints from everyone except EMS and Police Medics. Only FAKs for normal civilians. (Makes lives more valuable for all factions and would lower amount of lethal force used by Police as well.)

Higher Payouts per revive depending on distance, would work almost how delivery missions work.

EMS would have to be sworn to save anyone and everyone they can. Civilians, Police, Rebels, and other EMTs.

Institute Drag/Carry options on people who are unconscious. This would allow everyone to pull bodies into cover in combat situations since lives become more valuable 

Edited by USCCHRIS
Beifang Ming likes this
5 hours ago, Brandon Suzelis said:

Way back before the forums wipe, @Destrah put together this AEMS Guidebook. Personally, I think it has some pretty good guidelines in it already.

The AEMS Guidebook I feel is a good place to start as it has a basic framework to it, which can be added on and expanded upon easily.

As far as making this viable... I wouldn't say completely remove defibs, but make them less accessible. Make them so they can only be bought at the Kavala Hospital or Georgetown hospital. Make it so defibs can not be stored at houses (to avoid the inevitable pile up of them at houses). Keep the NPC medics in the town, however make it so that they can only sell basic medical supplies such as FAKs and maybe adrenaline (and medical marijuana of course). Keep the ability for the NPC medic to be able to heal. Blood Bags and Splints should be restricted to medically trained personnel only (EMT slots, and APD medic slots). Those are a couple things to change the mechanics and keep it somewhat fair, I would think.

Ranks for white-listed medics should be simple and more then likely follow the APD type of rank structure to allow for advancement and such, though if it is a bit much on the ranks there are places it can be skimmed easily without losing its core structure:

EMS Chief or Chief Medical Officer (Chief) *EMS Staff Rank*
EMS Captain (Captain) *EMS Staff Rank*
EMS Lieutenant (Lieutenant) *EMS Staff Rank*
EMS Supervisor or Supervisory EMT/Paramedic (Sergeant) *EMS Staff Rank*
Paramedic (Corporal)
Emergency Medical Technician (Constable)
Emergency Medical Technician Recruit (Recruit)

Volunteer Medic (Un-whitelisted Medics)

Un-whitelisted Medics should be restricted in the abilities they are able to perform, to maintain a value to the white-listed spots. My suggestions on this would be that they should not be able to use the defib or adrenaline shot, their bloodbags remain restricted at 50%, and they have full access to use the splint, taxi requests, and repairing vehicles. Their vehicle selection would also remain restricted to the Offroad only.

Whitelisted medics should maintain the relatively same talent tree that exists now as it does work out fairly well. Offroad, SUV and Hummingbird should be included as a base vehicle set for white-listed medics, with Hatchback sport achievable at (following the rank guide above) Paramedic, maybe at EMT if it is absolutely necessary or not a real problem overall. Add in at least the hellcat as an additional helicopter for Paramedic and above, and possibly the Orca for EMT Staff positions though an Orca wouldn't completely be necessary to the EMS division personally.

Payouts definitely need some sort of boost. 800 dollars for a revive is pretty shoddy at best. I know taxi system was revamped a bit with payout, but realistically how used is the taxi service to begin with? Base award received from revive on distance, with base payout being 1500 dollars. With this, Civs and APD would pay half of the cost and let "insurance" or the government stipends make up the other half. Taxi service payout is fine as it is, even though rarely used. Other actions such as performing a blood bag, splint, adrenaline shot, and repairing vehicles should payout something, since it takes the medics time and he is actually doing something for the populace, though these action should payout less then the base revival pay of 1500 as stated above.

And then you got your basic rules and such which would be hashed out behind closed doors more then likely, but as people have said before, the EMTs should remain unbiased, attempting to save and attend to any person's life, whether its APD, civilian or rebel.

If I can think of more, I'll add it but this would be a good start at least.

Edited by Coyote
8 hours ago, Tyler said:

No helping rebels when they are fighting cops would be nice... too annoying to have rebels just sit on a roof with 2 medics and just get revives nonstop.

its callled lethaling the medics, but yes that would be nice

Edited by Brandon
Just now, Brandon said:

i know it will never be done but a medic slot would definitely be needed if we implemented the ACE medical system

Definitely if ACE was ever put into place. There would be a whole hell of a lot more medics could do at that point, both within game and as training sessions.

Edited by Coyote

Definitely if ACE was ever put into place. There would be a whole hell of a lot more medics could do at that point, both within game and as training sessions.

ya. i used to run combat medic with an old milsim i played with and we used that. its complex but imo easy to learn.

Edited by Brandon
33 minutes ago, USCCHRIS said:

Institute some sort of prestige system for EMS like Police Medics.

Remove Defibs, Blood Bags, & Splints from everyone except EMS and Police Medics. Only FAKs for normal civilians. (Makes lives more valuable for all factions and would lower amount of lethal force used by Police as well.)

Higher Payouts per revive depending on distance, would work almost how delivery missions work.

EMS would have to be sworn to save anyone and everyone they can. Civilians, Police, Rebels, and other EMTs.

Institute Drag/Carry options on people who are unconscious. This would allow everyone to pull bodies into cover in combat situations since lives become more valuable 

1+

Farom likes this
9 hours ago, Reapered said:

Also, one of the biggest problems whitelisted medics will have on Asylum is reviving people. The reason R&R works so well on Olympus is because they don't have defibs. 

If you want medics to have any impact on the server, you need to have other game mechanics that would give them more activities to do on the server. 

Exactly what i think to , rigth now medic is a bit useless if everyone can revive with a defib ...

Just now, Squirtle said:

Give the civs the ability to stabilize a dead person.   bleeding out person.

Remove defib from civs but allow them to stabilize, would that mean increasing the time before bleed out or allowing them to get up with 1 health and cannot be healed until brought to the hospital or ems? 

Also what would you think of allowing medics to soft log to other major cities similar to police?

Overall I think the idea of whitelisted medic is a good one +1

11 hours ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

Greetings Asylum,

Whitelisting medics has been a desire of mine since joining the Asylum Admin team. I'm sure many others in this community have also given it some thought over the years. Obviously, when you whitelist a class (such as cops) you must have people that are willing to step up and give oversight to enforce standards. I feel the underlining issue with whitelisting medics is not only the oversight issue but the Dev's willingness to implement this.

Looking for ideas and feedback from the community on how (if the Dev's are willing) we would accomplish whitelisting medics on Asylum. 

Thank you in advance. 

1. Create a medic chief position.

2. Create ranks affiliated with the medical industry and have to work/ have time in to get.  (medic student, nurse, triage dr etc etc) 

3. Each rank has the ability to certain things in a escalation type climb. 

- Med student on foot 

- Nurse with SUV 

- etc etc

4. Make it so it's a coveted position to have that requires rp and basic knowledge of the role.

5. Don't leave non white list spots.

6. Remove defibs from anyone not medic. This one sucks for a lot especially cartels... but unless you make it a hard talent point to get to sacrificing other needed skills to survive as a rebel... what's the real point of a medic. 

7. Ensure there is a career with it for players that wish to pursue it. 

Played career medic on other server and it was a blessing and the most fun I've had outside of being a cop. I'd volunteer as trial white list medic. And would love to help make this a reality in any way. 

BaDaBiNg_10-8 likes this

I would be all for this. But it more than definitely would need some kind of ranking system in it like the APD, so it can become an actual team with rules, otherwise it's just going to be "I'll get whitelisted then I can do whatever the hell I want." and it'll just be the same like it is right now.

I like the idea of Whitelisted and Non-whitelisted but am against it. It wouldn't get rid of "Oh hey there's a medic is he going to troll or not". If it's whitelisted-only you would get the more serious part which is better. If someone trolls like crazy for example, don't revive people, run around like an idiot cussing at people in Kav. Square or any other city, they could be kicked off the whitelist for example. I have many more ideas than that but this should be the basics.

Just my 2 cents, whitelisting for medics is a great idea.

Edited by Zelthius
59 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Any armored vehicles or choppers should not be able to be accessed by civs period.  Way to much room for abuse and exploitation in that.

Another note to this, is that medics cannot defend themselves, making it fairly easy for a person just to kill the medic upon revive and then steal the hunter

Just now, xpurerated said:

Another note to this, is that medics cannot defend themselves, making it fairly easy for a person just to kill the medic upon revive and then steal the hunter

Medics should only get a hummingbird, perhaps an orca for 'big missions', an SUV, offroad and sports hatch. Nothing more, especially not Armored vehicles.

Just now, xpurerated said:

a more viable vehicle option would be like a unusable version of the vehicle without the permission. for example when you make it ok to buy a vehicle on the server... you have to specify which classes can buy it. there's also a option to eliminate who drives it. 

they just have to duplicate the vehicle. skin it for medics. then only give the perms to medics

Just now, Zelthius said:

Medics should only get a hummingbird, perhaps an orca for 'big missions', an SUV, offroad and sports hatch. Nothing more, especially not Armored vehicles.

but you want this to be a workup to gain more access. I'd be ok with a hemmt that can tow vehicles that are broke down. but I wouldn't want a starting medic to have access to that.  or even a variation in colors (different design same colors) 

The ranking system should not be too complicated for a neutral party. EMT-Basic, EMT-Intermediate, and EMT-Paramedic are most likely the most effective levels of the medic slot if it comes to it.

@BaDaBiNg_10-8, any chance you can get some sort of word from @Paratus as far as his willingness to change major civ capabilities? This whole thread is a flop without some dev input on the situation. This won't work without some major cuts to civ and cops' medical accessibility. 

Lincoln Williams likes this
8 minutes ago, OMG-A-FISH said:

giphy.gif

this is a opportunity for something other then shoot outs. keep a open mind about it. if you have career medics instead of random... response time is gonna be better. people are actually going to care about getting to revives instead of just going "oh that's too far screw it"

Edited by Lincoln Williams
spelling