Server 3 from 3 years ago

5 hours ago, Philv2.0 said:

I honestly don't even RP with the cops because it's just fucking AWFUL, I try to kill/avoid and kidnap them as much as possible. Then if I finally do get caught I just alt tab out and do something else because I'm going to get a full ticket anyway. Or even better when it's a higher up and they want to give you a 50% increase because they are being a salty fuck. In other words, cops come to Kavala guns blazing, try to down everyone and usually get fucked. Then go on a leathal spree which results in all of us getting pardons and them leaving or them getting shit on again and leaving. Hell sometimes when cops come to Kavala I just log off or stand in the square doing nothing until they leave.

Phil, not all cops are like this. And again its a two way street. 9 times out of 10 when we come to Kavala we get kidnapped and locked in someones house and re-downed every 10 minutes over and over. After that happens to us we aren't exactly in a good mood either and that means that the quality of RP goes down. When we finally get someone you guys sit across the bay and shoot up the HQ with 7.62 and then rush it with everyone from Peachstreet, Bambo Union and Boats and Hoes. Both sides of the Kavala conflict constantly do some horrible stuff. Both sides need to give alittle and not just take. 

Gizmo and Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz like this

Became a cadet recently and honestly 9/10 people who get arrested are shit at rp and just yell at you. Playing a cop alot of the time is litteral cancer when you have every civ and their friends shouting at you about random crap. Also everyone feels their time is more important than the guy we are processing and get in our way to complain about their issues or just shout at us while we are in the middle of a gunfight about how they want a pardon right this instant for a hit and run when we are clearly busy. Civs dont make cops jobs any easier. 

And server 3 is probally one of the most toxic servers on the civilian side with all the kavela gangs and mass rdm and such that goes on there. And most cops i know treat that place like its taboo.

Edited by Gizmo
On 5/2/2017 at 9:17 PM, Psycosis said:

Phil, not all cops are like this. And again its a two way street. 9 times out of 10 when we come to Kavala we get kidnapped and locked in someones house and re-downed every 10 minutes over and over. After that happens to us we aren't exactly in a good mood either and that means that the quality of RP goes down. When we finally get someone you guys sit across the bay and shoot up the HQ with 7.62 and then rush it with everyone from Peachstreet, Bambo Union and Boats and Hoes. Both sides of the Kavala conflict constantly do some horrible stuff. Both sides need to give alittle and not just take. 

Come in kavala insta siren get downed and locked in the house kinda how it goes.

Gizmo, Yung Tommy and George like this
9 hours ago, Sneaky said:

They sometimes yell APD as they shoot, lets not make it seem like they aren't trying. ^_^

I just find it comical that a perm cadet wants RP and a LT sits there defending being a terrible cop and talking about little no RP. My how the times have changed

Rock Hardick likes this
On 5/6/2017 at 6:36 PM, Gizmo said:

Became a cadet recently and honestly 9/10 people who get arrested are shit at rp and just yell at you. Playing a cop alot of the time is litteral cancer when you have every civ and their friends shouting at you about random crap. Also everyone feels their time is more important than the guy we are processing and get in our way to complain about their issues or just shout at us while we are in the middle of a gunfight about how they want a pardon right this instant for a hit and run when we are clearly busy. Civs dont make cops jobs any easier. 

And server 3 is probally one of the most toxic servers on the civilian side with all the kavela gangs and mass rdm and such that goes on there. And most cops i know treat that place like its taboo.

Sometimes I wish we could prohibit Cadets from going to Kavala.  I think it would massively improve their knowledge and abilities as a cop.  They'd actually have time to ask questions/learn and they'd have a better experience all around.  But unfortunately this is a game and we can't force people to play a certain way (not to that extent.)  The only things you'll learn in Kavala on 3 are life lessons about how people act on the internet.

George and Rock Hardick like this
Just now, Olivia said:

Sometimes I wish we could prohibit Cadets from going to Kavala.  I think it would massively improve their knowledge and abilities as a cop.  They'd actually have time to ask questions/learn and they'd have a better experience all around.  But unfortunately this is a game and we can't force people to play a certain way (not to that extent.)  The only things you'll learn in Kavala on 3 are life lessons about how people act on the internet.

I spent my first 3 months as Cadet in Kavala- oops

Just now, Rock Hardick said:

I spent my first 3 months as Cadet in Kavala- oops

So did I.  That also coincided with the brief period where it was an online 20 question exam to get Constable (instead of a ridealong) resulted in me knowing jack-shit when I got Constable.  Seriously it was bad.  I didn't know how to seize things from vehicles.  I couldn't have told you the difference between an MK and a PDW.  Couldn't have told you where Ephedra field was.  I wouldn't wish that on any officer.

KevinOB, Sp0on and Rock Hardick like this
2 hours ago, Olivia said:

I agree they shouldn't play kavala all the time, but i  disagree on the prohibit. Because it is kavala, i think cadets should definitly check it out once or twice, maybe not for the great RP, but how to handle chaos, HVT's and general pistol bangers is a thing you should definitly learn. I still enjoy kavala maybe I get killed more often/RDM'd a couple times but so be it.

Oh and SpaceTurtles seems to make athira  sort of  kavala 2.0

Well maybe switch p then ? I personally play all the time on p2 and there is no lack at rp ... ofc every servers have their own robocops/ no rp civs ... , i can show you like 20 videos of our apd rping and civs rping . You can ask new players or the avarage civs if they show me respect and rp or alteast they are trying instead of using the most popular excuses . And they cannot pay the ticket i give them the money + bonus .... . One day we got rekt in kavala and a civ that had nothing to do with it saved 2 officers after the situation i gave him 20k for the help . Yesterday a medic revived our LT @Norwegianviking and i gave him 20k aswell just to revive our Lt with the rp ooh my goood you saved my boss his life etc etc ... 

The thing is : always start by yourself do not look at the rest . You have the situation in your own 2 hands its just how you deal with it . 

If you doing your best and still not satified or dont get the respect of the apd force in your p or the civs (the ones that deff know you) maybe its time for some change ? 

Just now, Lightningxo said:

Well maybe switch p then ? I personally play all the time on p2 and there is no lack at rp ... ofc every servers have their own robocops/ no rp civs ... , i can show you like 20 videos of our apd rping and civs rping . You can ask new players or the avarage civs if they show me respect and rp or alteast they are trying instead of using the most popular excuses . And they cannot pay the ticket i give them the money + bonus .... . One day we got rekt in kavala and a civ that had nothing to do with it saved 2 officers after the situation i gave him 20k for the help . Yesterday a medic revived our LT @Norwegianviking and i gave him 20k aswell just to revive our Lt with the rp ooh my goood you saved my boss his life etc etc ... 

The thing is : always start by yourself do not look at the rest . You have the situation in your own 2 hands its just how you deal with it . 

If you doing your best and still not satified or dont get the respect of the apd force in your p or the civs (the ones that deff know you) maybe its time for some change ? 

oh god no, trust me the RP is very solid on P3, that's why I play there, I tried all and found the best RP on S3, Kavala in S3 is just a bit aids because there are some kavala gangs,  but that's why there has been a meeting where lethals are quicker authorised in kavala (from lt's atleast). I got plenty of fun RP moments aswell, for instance me @Aaron2431 and @Dressbuck were flying with a cop orca, when we told @Austin Rogers The Original to fly into us noballs, wich he then did, and for some reason austin didn't even explode. Then instead of dressbuck comp everyones loadout and shit, we all gave dressbuck money so he could get a new orca. So no, no other presinct for me P3 best P

Oh if u talk about kavala = every p has his trollers or 'kavala gangs' to be honest i give them every restart a change doesnt it work example second third time arrested i just robocop them and use every inch of the apd wiki to get them as high as possible xD but have to be sure that they are not doing something usefull so that they are just trolling 

Just now, Lightningxo said:

Oh if u talk about kavala = every p has his trollers or 'kavala gangs' to be honest i give them every restart a change doesnt it work example second third time arrested i just robocop them and use every inch of the apd wiki to get them as high as possible xD but have to be sure that they are not doing something usefull so that they are just trolling 

I am personally a fan of timeouts, when their bounty isn't high and they want to get a new gun within a min away to shoot us again,

5 hours ago, wollie35 said:

oh god no, trust me the RP is very solid on P3, that's why I play there, I tried all and found the best RP on S3, Kavala in S3 is just a bit aids because there are some kavala gangs,  but that's why there has been a meeting where lethals are quicker authorised in kavala (from lt's atleast). I got plenty of fun RP moments aswell, for instance me @Aaron2431 and @Dressbuck were flying with a cop orca, when we told @Austin Rogers The Original to fly into us noballs, wich he then did, and for some reason austin didn't even explode. Then instead of dressbuck comp everyones loadout and shit, we all gave dressbuck money so he could get a new orca. So no, no other presinct for me P3 best P

By we he means me and @wollie35 gave @Dressbuck 50k each to pay for the orca which was fine by me due it being a blast. If your looking for a bit of banter with organisation and tactical team play i recommend staying on P3. I've enjoy my time here thoroughly and even if you mess up no one judges you or holds a grudge (as far as im aware ^^)

Edited by Aaron2431
4 hours ago, Lightningxo said:

If you can't handle the heat my friend get out of the kitchen. Or take a break atleast. Robo copping just makes things worse because they get a vendetta against you and then you get killed 24/7. Trust me :)

• 3 weeks later...

I agree. Ive seen to many Officers wanting to just lethal civs. or to just get in fights. or just building checkpoints with no intention of using them/ loging off once there built. Cops have become a mess of a thing. Blatent disrespect to higher ups/ lethal votes, just general trolling. Reinstating rp as a priority would help ALOT for the apd. 

On 5/2/2017 at 1:35 PM, Philv2.0 said:

I honestly don't even RP with the cops because it's just fucking AWFUL, I try to kill/avoid and kidnap them as much as possible. Then if I finally do get caught I just alt tab out and do something else because I'm going to get a full ticket anyway. Or even better when it's a higher up and they want to give you a 50% increase because they are being a salty fuck. In other words, cops come to Kavala guns blazing, try to down everyone and usually get fucked. Then go on a leathal spree which results in all of us getting pardons and them leaving or them getting shit on again and leaving. Hell sometimes when cops come to Kavala I just log off or stand in the square doing nothing until they leave.

I just had quite the time! @Dredd @Morgan Echo @Prehinto and Kronos...

Dredd and Morgan Echo like this
1 minute ago, franticgoat said:

I always give low tickets if people arn't buttholes. As long as they are kind and have a good story, even if they shot at me they can expect a very reduced ticket. The best is when you pardon a 100k+ infront of some money hungry constables and they say "im reporting that" :frog:

Hahaha, i feel ya man, me and @matth  had the same thing the other day (sort of), so a guy aperantly shot at the constable (who was in another ts channel) . So he explained a good story to me and I pardon him,

Constable joins channel : Why did you pardon him?

Me : cause his RP was solid and logical

Constable : well he shot at me

Me : well maybe you should tell me that, and his RP was good enough anyway

Constable : Well then you give them half a ticket, not a pardon.

Earlier these guys decided to participate in a  contested turf fight on P3, wich is not the most kind thing to do and one of them RDM'd me (later at the HQ) and this morning i saw the following message   (feelsgoodman)61913d47ad4a912917da18a323918b34.png

Edited by wollie35
matth and bum41 like this

The thing with apd atm is kinda aslong the civ can put it in a solid rp you can do whatever you want. 

But ofc its not easy as it sounds.

You try to talk to him about his charges instead he lets his legs do it for him or the gun answers. Like ibwanted to talk to a civ for his hit and run instead of talking i received a 20min chase and a bullet between my eyes. And the other constable cought him. Try to explain ur charges then right xD. 

Being agressive for 1 hit and run like idk man xD

Than you have this :

wollie35 and Sandwich like this
9 hours ago, wollie35 said:

Hahaha, i feel ya man, me and @matth  had the same thing the other day (sort of), so a guy aperantly shot at the constable (who was in another ts channel) . So he explained a good story to me and I pardon him,

Constable joins channel : Why did you pardon him?

Me : cause his RP was solid and logical

Constable : well he shot at me

Me : well maybe you should tell me that, and his RP was good enough anyway

Constable : Well then you give them half a ticket, not a pardon.

Earlier these guys decided to participate in a  contested turf fight on P3, wich is not the most kind thing to do and one of them RDM'd me (later at the HQ) and this morning i saw the following message   (feelsgoodman)61913d47ad4a912917da18a323918b34.png

Love getting a notification and then to open it and it says action taken, these money hungry cops need to get off the apd, makes the rebel life shit

RP situations have become stale as it is, mainly because 90% of the civs have bad encounters when it comes to talking to cops and trying to rp their way out of things..

Honestly cops that are lacking the will to RP / Listen are ruining the cop/civ relations i've been willing to rp for over half an hour and offered a 10k reduction of my 140k bounty which just made me feel like wasting my time, because i would've almost been out of prison if i had just gone to prison.

Cops look too much at to how much you are wanted for instead of how good your RP is i've turned myself in with a 10k bounty multiple times, get a pardon without even having to explain anything but once a bounty hits a treshold of 30k+ OH BOI... Rp goes out the window sure you can get a half ticket or parole if you're willing to spend 20 minutes trying to explain to someone who just doesn't care / want to listen , been told multiple times on civ while i'm rping that i'm just lying and am going to receive my ticket unless i want to add something at that point you just give up

As on cop i try to have fun on cop along with civs try to give people second chances even though according to some cop rules they technically shouldn't deserve a second chance. i've had a buddy of mine on cop kidnapped for the sake of some RP fun with civs , i even slightly trolled minibagge by hinting towards the answer to one of his quiz questions xD
Anyways i'd rather have fun with civs instead of just chasing bounties to make money i got 80k in my bank account and i give out more pardons then anything

at the end of the day it's a game put yourself in the civ's position and think about how you would like to be treated instead of looking at how much they're wanted for if you can get over that magic number you might actually be able to find yourself enjoying some good RP situations  

The other day I turn myself in for parole. The corporal did a poor job of explaining anything to the cadet other than "he turned himself in so he can get a half ticket"

I give a trusting story of my charges. I am low on cash and do not have a lot of money for my 40k ticket/ 20k for turning myself in.

He doesn't give any RP back other than "ok sir I can give you a half ticket"

basically boasting their faces in my face just because they know I am poor and wanted to make more money before I had to log off.

(not wanting to go to jail for 45min) I end up paying a 20k ticket, leaving with a terrible attitude towards the cops.

A problem with Asylum is its cop force.

The majority of higher ups give horrible examples to their lower ranks (constables/cadets) and just want to get as much money as possible, ruining the core of the game.

Keep it up and your new identity game will be essentially the same.

Its the community that keeps a game going, not always just the mechanics.

Edited by SnowFlake
Rock Hardick likes this
17 hours ago, SnowFlake said:

1. The other day I turn myself in for parole. I give a trusting story of my charges.

2. I am low on cash and do not have a lot of money for my 40k ticket/ 20k for turning myself in.

3. He doesn't give any RP back other than "ok sir I can give you a half ticket"

4. basically boasting their faces in my face just because they know I am poor and wanted to make more money before I had to log off.

5. The majority of higher ups give horrible examples to their lower ranks (constables/cadets) and just want to get as much money as possible, ruining the core of the game.

6. Keep it up and your new identity game will be essentially the same.

7. Its the community that keeps a game going, not always just the mechanics.

1. One does not simply turn themselves in for parole, you could request it but it is entirely up to the processing officer. Any cop who doesn't offer parole probably has a reason based on the civilian's actions.

2. Am I understanding that right? Your RP story was you're low on cash? Then why did you do the crimes? That's not really role-play...

3. You're not happy because they didn't ask you why you were poor?

4. Giving you a half ticket isn't boasting considering that your RP was that you are poor. Were they laughing at you?  If so - that's just rude and you should have requested a higher up.

5. I disagree, I get grumbles all the time for doing the contrary.

6. What is identity? :frog:

7. I've said it in this thread and I'll say it again.  Not many people want to role-play, there are RP gods on both sides of the fence but generally speaking? Not so much.  If this community was truly as RP-centric as many people say then it wouldn't be a problem. Times have changed, this community has evolved into what it wants to be. The best we can do is ride the train and make the best out of it or go do something else.

If you don't want to be sent to jail or given a ticket then come up with a badass story. 

Edited by Dredd
2 hours ago, Dredd said:

1. One does not simply turn themselves in for parole, you could request it but it is entirely up to the processing officer. Any cop who doesn't offer parole probably has a reason based on the civilian's actions.

2. Am I understanding that right? Your RP story was you're low on cash? Then why did you do the crimes? That's not really role-play...

3. You're not happy because they didn't ask you why you were poor?

4. Giving you a half ticket isn't boasting considering that your RP was that you are poor. Were they laughing at you?  If so - that's just rude and you should have requested a higher up.

5. I disagree, I get grumbles all the time for doing the contrary.

6. What is identity? :frog:

7. I've said it in this thread and I'll say it again.  Not many people want to role-play, there are RP gods on both sides of the fence but generally speaking? Not so much.  If this community was truly as RP-centric as many people say then it wouldn't be a problem. Times have changed, this community has evolved into what it wants to be. The best we can do is ride the train and make the best out of it or go do something else.

If you don't want to be sent to jail or given a ticket then come up with a badass story. 

1. You're right. I was going to edit my post but I thought my reply would be over looked and eventually berried.

2. No, my RP story wasn't "I want parole cuz I am low on cash". Things I said throughout the story made it clear I was looking to get parole because I was low on money.

3. They didn't ask anything.

4. It's the fact he had nothing to say. At all. I put in effort for a story to get some entertainment with RP and was completely shit on. Their was a corporal right there and he was egging on the cadet to get me angry, "we know what you want, so you're not getting it" kind of attitude.

7. If people don't want to 'role-play' then increase Drug Dealer / Wong Trade radius so people stop complaining 20m from the center is rdm.

I know all about RP. Majority of the cop force has a bunch of dull witted personalities. Main reason why I don't want to be a cop. I could go to cops that I know who will gladly give me parole so I can be on my way. I know cops that has enjoyable conversations while others are just jacking their dick trying to get that paycheck.

Most of the time I'm in an HQ, there will be 6 cops running around for 10min before they get to the guy who turned himself in, just to waste his time, it would seem. "sorry sir we were busy" aka lazy.

If your Courthouse system gave people half tickets for turning themselves in, I guarantee you the cops would cry because rebels don't want to go to them because it takes too long.

Idk If I should start laughing hysterically or start crying when I see the things I see..

When you get a 20k pardon, make the cop give you back your 7.62, restrain the constable + SGT come talk to me about 'coming up' with a badass story.

The cops that do these things, are the ones that make asylum fun. There are not many left.

Edited by SnowFlake

I do have to agree. I have seen a loss of RP since I first started playing. When I first joined the server and picked enough peaches to buy a car, I left Kavala headed North. I got pulled over by APD (for no headlights) and the officer conducted it like a proper traffic stop. I remember leaving that encounter thinking "I want to do that on this server!" 

When I am on Cop I try to RP as much as I possibly can. Those of you that have been pulled over by me know that. I conduct a proper 7 Step Violator Contact like our real deal counterparts. And I enjoy getting a good story and working with the players. That being said, you can only hear "I killed 20 people in self defense" so many times before you lose faith in RP. Personally, I think it is a 2 way street. If you want good RP from the cops, YOU need to have good RP and vise versa. 

At the end of the day, it is OUR server and it will be the way WE make it. RP more and get more RP out of it. 

I second what @Dredge said. My first experience of cops on the server was old kavala checkpoint (the one next to Weed) and I got searched and all but out of nowhere the place started getting shot up and the cops eventually won. I decided to stay and listen to what they do and the RP from both sides was honestly so compelling the very next day I started studying what I needed to before my 14 days of playtime was up to apply. 

I joined the force and ran checkpoints with people. Pulled people over for anything just to get some RP, etc. For some reason after about a few month of me still doing these things I noticed the replies would become stale and RP wouldn't be as creative. What used to be a "I'm sorry sir. I don't have a new lisence plate for my car because I just bought it," now turned into "What the fuck? You have no probable cause lmao, bye." 

It definitely seems RP has slowly dininshed over my 8-9 months playing this game and I've absolutely noticed it, as have all of you. I've still kept a steady flow as cop doing fun things like bait cars, weird mini events with other Officers I create, checkpoints, pulling people over randomly, busting newbies at weed so they get a good feel of cops (while properly RPing and making sure they're having fun), and other things. 

At the end of the day, us who still RP when others don't, want you as a civ to RP back. Unfortunately like some have stated... some cops just don't RP at all, and it's a real shame. Us cops make the RP initially fun, and then when civs get into it makes it fun for us too. 

A lot of great points in this thread, but we all need to improve on our own to keep us going. I have faith it'll get better slowly. I miss those good ol random RP moments :P 

Edited by Sandwich
Dredd, Rock Hardick and Dredge like this