is asylum dying

dead ass i'm sure we are all tired of making suggestions on how to make asylum better but they arent doing anything... like literally stop worrying about fucking bounty hunters and cops and look at the fucking rebels for once. cheaper loadouts, new cartels, move prison, more gang activities like gang wars and just some basic shit. thats literally all that we need. i understand it takes time to do this but just give us something for us to know that there is some new changes that everyone has asked for coming out soon. @AllTheStaff

zane1 and Treeontyn like this
On 4/27/2017 at 8:55 PM, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Unless we start seeing meaningful patches and not just fixes that annoy people.  Yes.  No real development right now.

Skipping the other 3 pages of replies, but Rick brings up a good conversation point as usual.

There have been no meaningful (content) patches in a long while due to the way our development process is set up. Every change that affects gameplay must be passed through Paratus, who is basically no longer involved in the day to day of Asylum.

@Gnashes (and I, to a lesser degree) are the only two that consistently contribute to the Asylum codebase anymore. And with the 64bit update, I'm no longer able to contribute due to the dev server being essentially unusable.

The fact of the matter is that we have fallen behind on development due to the inability for us to add new content without first passing it through Paratus, which takes an unreasonable amount of time; we are no longer the #1 most developed life server as a result. So yes, due to the lack of support from Asylum's owner, as well as @Gnashes essentially being the only one contributing code at this point, I think it is fair to say that Asylum is in fact on its way out.

Pentax, Flax, JIMBO and 27 others like this
1 minute ago, speed said:

The fact of the matter is that we have fallen behind on development due to the inability for us to add new content without first passing it through Paratus, which takes an unreasonable amount of time; we are no longer the #1 most developed life server as a result. So yes, due to the lack of support from Asylum's owner, as well as @Gnashes essentially being the only one contributing code at this point, I think it is fair to say that Asylum is in fact on its way out.

:flame::flame::100::100:

Just now, Boris said:

Just try and enjoy what we have now, a developmental death doesn't mean immediate game death, Paratus could come back, do a bunch of cool changes, then hand the reins to Bamf and suddenly we start getting features and players again. 

The game's still fun for now. 

Well when you look at the pace the competition is going at by adding new developers and features, it ensures Asylum will die faster than it should. I don't see why Paratus is holding on to Asylum so tight if he's not even involved with it anymore. Just give it over to Bamf/Gnashes etc. and let the community vote on new features that Gnashes is willing to add in for us. That would probably be for the best at this point. 

Also it's not just features but there seems to be a fundamental hardware problem with server 4. It mass kicks more than any other server yet nothing has been done about it. When you take a look at the number of active APD on server 4, it speaks volumes: 

6529b8ef0d02453069a8a10ebe2eb3a4.png

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
MR. COW likes this
Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Well when you look at the pace the competition is going at by adding new developers and features, it ensures Asylum will die faster than it should. I don't see why Paratus is holding on to Asylum so tight if he's not even involved it in it anymore. Just give it over to Bamf/Gnashes etc. and let the community vote on new features that Gnashes is willing to add in for us. That would probably be for the best at this point. 

It would be best, but for whatever reasons, it's unlikely to happen. 

2 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Well when you look at the pace the competition is going at by adding new developers and features, it ensures Asylum will die faster than it should. I don't see why Paratus is holding on to Asylum so tight if he's not even involved with it anymore. Just give it over to Bamf/Gnashes etc. and let the community vote on new features that Gnashes is willing to add in for us. That would probably be for the best at this point. 

Also it's not just features but there seems to be a fundamental hardware problem with server 4. It mass kicks more than any other server yet nothing has been done about it. When you take a look at the number of active APD on server 4, it speaks volumes: 

6529b8ef0d02453069a8a10ebe2eb3a4.png

I was just playing cop on 4, it mass kicked 3-4 times within 20 mins. :(

6 minutes ago, Boris said:

Just try and enjoy what we have now, a developmental death doesn't mean immediate game death, Paratus could come back, do a bunch of cool changes, then hand the reins to Bamf and suddenly we start getting features and players again. 

The game's still fun for now. 

Other servers are going hard on development making the time that asylum can live without development shorter as Hanzo said. Look at server 1 where i play cop for example, all the big gangs left and the biggest one atm is one made of players that dont speak word of english. We get new players but not the one that make asylum better because everyone is going to other servers. 

24 minutes ago, speed said:

Skipping the other 3 pages of replies, but Rick brings up a good conversation point as usual.

There have been no meaningful (content) patches in a long while due to the way our development process is set up. Every change that affects gameplay must be passed through Paratus, who is basically no longer involved in the day to day of Asylum.

@Gnashes (and I, to a lesser degree) are the only two that consistently contribute to the Asylum codebase anymore. And with the 64bit update, I'm no longer able to contribute due to the dev server being essentially unusable.

What are the odds that Paratus would hand over ownership ( Or at least allow you guys to push through patches ) to someone like Bamf or someone else that has been helping code Asylum?  If he isn't really all that invested into Asylum, why not let someone else take the lead, even if only temporary?

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:22 PM, speed said:

don't do this to us :FeelsBadMan::FeelsBadMan:

Well if it can be passed through to push for more "New content patches" , now is the time to seize the moment  and get some out since all the kids are about to get out of school.

This always helps the servers population.  Its attractive to new people to come to a server if they see that its almost always full.

*Another idea i've spoken with some people about is to consider making S5 altis and doing an experiment with higher qualifications of RP. So less hands up or you are dead.   With the current S5 population on Tanoa ; the map isn't getting much population or RP experience since its mostly just used for drug running.

Just my 2c. 

Silver-Spy and Eric916 like this
On 4/29/2017 at 9:22 PM, speed said:

Agreed.

Server is clearly dying.  Just look at the player counts now on 3 or 4 vs what they used to be, even months ago, it's sad.  The mods, admins, contributors and devs need to group up and talk to @Paratus so that they can create content without him roadblocking everything.  If he's not going put time into it, he should let someone who is more than willing have a go at it.  Everyone loves asylum and we don't want it to die out.

P.S. I did see that @Paratus said there is something new about to be released so hopefully it's interesting and will rejuvenate the servers.

Just now, StevieDeeks said:

Server is clearly dying.  Just look at the player counts now on 3 or 4 vs what they used to be, even months ago, it's sad.  The mods, admins, contributors and devs need to group up and talk to @Paratus so that they can create content without him roadblocking everything.  If he's not going put time into it, he should let someone who is more than willing have a go at it.  Everyone loves asylum and we don't want it to die out.

P.S. I did see that @Paratus said there is something new about to be released so hopefully it's interesting and will rejuvenate the servers.

Grouping up to talk to Paratus doesn't help anything lmao, also i've played today and i had to spam to get into server 1.

Games will always die out at some point, just enjoy it while you do and when you don't, do something else.

Newfie likes this

Of course its the cancerous cartel kek lords who want the server to die.  Top kek

Let it die retard. Everything good has to come to an end. Plus paratus has bigger and better shit to work on. He dosnt give a shit about asylum anymore. Lololol get over it

On 4/27/2017 at 8:26 PM, bigjohn561 said:

same here I used to play everyday. but now... I kinda been playing other games like ark survival ;(

ark survival is lit fam 

Asylum isnt going to get anything new thrown at it. They want us to move to identity if the game ever comes out. They will get more profit off of it. Soon they will realize no one but little kids with no dono money is playing asylum and they will rush identity to come out, i give it till the end of summer and it will be dead.

Edited by Dillonboi08

Learn when to use "you're" and when to use "an" instead of "a" then come back and call someone a retard :thinking:

It's a forum thread. I'm not writing an essay to a university professor. I'm having an argument with a smartass. Just shut the fuck up and move on retard

Edited by Newfie
7 minutes ago, StevieDeeks said:

Damnnnn somebody just got triggered.  Better watch out, you might just find yourself with a warning point, retard. ;)

Wow the fact that you think I'm triggered over this conversation is really sad. Like I said in my last couple of posts. Get over asylum retard. And getting warning points dosnt concern me. Your the one who started this irrelevant argument. :shrug:

1 hour ago, StevieDeeks said:

Of course its the cancerous cartel kek lords who want the server to die.  Top kek

Edited by Newfie
1 minute ago, Newfie said:

Like can an admin just lock this thread. Nothing is gonna change from threads like this. Just causes sweaty retards like StevieDeeks to try and prove there big boys over the internet 

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Newfie likes this
Just now, EaZyyyyyyyyyyyy said:

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Noice :flame::100:

On 4/29/2017 at 6:22 PM, speed said:

:pogchamp: 

TlHMsBM.png

Sheriff Rick Grimes likes this