Content Ideas

9 minutes ago, Olio said:

I like the mechanic behind the prison but the layout to me is to much. Are you wanting prison island without the new mechanic or what?

Bring back old prison location (Pyrgos) with new mechanic. (Theres plenty of room on that island for buildings etc)

Possible group cap increase to 15 MAX. (Debatable)

Add more profit to legal activities.

Mike Stmria likes this
Just now, Mayhem said:

Something small but maybe when a person requests a medic, in the request it tells the medic how much time they have left until force respawn?

Removing forced respawns for people who want to request medic would be cool.

Eric916 likes this

MY NEW DREAM LATE GAME CONTENT:
I'm not here to talk about the prison but the theory behind it. The Devs wanted to make a "Defensive mission" for police hence the guard duty. However it is not done well and i think it could be done better in a different scenario.

-New late game "mission" Terrorism for a large upfront fee rebels are given a Tempest device.

A large overseas terrorist group is investing their weaponry and money into altis ((for a price))

The rebels mission (should they choose to accept it) would be to deliver a tempest device that is loaded with a large bomb to the APD academy, as soon as they began the mission police would be notified and guard duty would begin. 

Note that guard duty would work very much like the current guard duty. 1 life then they would have to spawn at an HQ and drive back.

-Rules Rebels would only have 10mins to deliver the bomb ((Perhaps 15min with a talent))

-It would only be possible once per restart

-Large up front fee ((100k Minimum))

-Everyone within the target would be TP'd out ((No rebels camping the police spawn))

This would be extremely hard and require at least 8 officers to be online. Rebels would need to be fully geared and have at least one armored vehicle or .50cal to be successful.

-The attack would end when APD seize the vehicle, so shooting out the tires and killing the rebels long enough to combat seize it. Same mechanic as seizing a Ifirit or .50cal

- When the 10min timer on the bomb expires and it explodes

If the Tempest and its rebels manage to make it to the goal and hold out long enough for the bomb to explode they would be handsomely rewarded with cash directly to the players account

f0abf5c2162b16486cec7f05c7b85ca1.jpg

28 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

1. Removing stupid caps like cocaine castle , North Wongs.

2. Get rid of that garbage bolt cut shit at the Fed, add stairs to the bank atms,  and move the prison again. We get it you don't like it but keep trying we appreciate the attempt but if we don't like it were not going to pretend we do.

3. Add some new content or bring back old stuff. Maybe bring back an old style of cartels , reduce the money in come by half and make it go straight to gang bank on ownership.  Then if that's popular slightly increase gang cap but not group cap. People bitch about roaching but people roach because theres no point in owning a cap when you can camp rebel and just steal the money

4. We don't need get rich schemes , just make most methods of making money decent. Why aren't diamonds good? Why isn't oil back to the old way where you can go to an oil spout and get it in a car? Why does the crafting system suck balls for making money?

5. Switch shit up or add random shit. New stuff is new stuff it can always be taken away just take risks. You guys make these amazing events why not use a little of that brain power and make something temporarily as an ingame thing

Oh yeah

6. Actually Make supports admins. Why not give these people a chance finally and actually have a decent sized admin team rather then a group of inactive's

i would say add a honor talent tree for rebels if it isnt stuff like - get 20.000 points to purchase ifrit or mk1, etc.

group cap , orca script, prison.. and that stuff that everyone likes

add some caps like house cap or meth house to spice gangs up a bit

add some civ vs cop stuff since the prison is not a thing anymore

csat wetsuit would be cool. how about green hex csat for loot crates?? 

JAY1HP, Haych and bunni like this
Just now, Axe said:

Change the turf system to not favor housing so much. And add a little RNG to the turfs. People have figured out the timing and people just camp it now. You said you dislike King of the Hill style, and thats essentially what it is. 

why would turfs be the targeted area for content. That would literally provide something to do once every four hours thats about it

Just now, Axe said:

Change the turf system to not favor housing so much. And add a little RNG to the turfs. People have figured out the timing and people just camp it now. You said you dislike King of the Hill style, and thats essentially what it is. 

Please, just disable housing in the area when red.

SpartanOfHope likes this
8 minutes ago, Olio said:

At one point we were talking about how cool it would be to have a remote lock/unlock button for your house that way you could make sure it was locked if you forgot or you want to sublet a room to a Gangmate

That would be great I have shared the cost of a house with a friend before and since he was the actual owner he left the house unlocked so I had access to everything and we would both be running back and forth from the house while it was unlocked.The house being unlocked left us terrified of any car that passed us heading in the direction of our house, so much so that we would rush back to the house to lock/defend it. If you feel it is necessary add a cost to either buy an extra key for a friend or buy a remote for yourself.

1.Complete revert to the old Pyrgos island prison,it's mechanics and design. It's very obvious that since it was moved and redone the prison break attempts went from very often to 0. :(

2.Gang HQ's -  Try taking @Sojobo's suggestion or at least some aspects of it to see what could maybe fit and be implemented into the servers.

Just now, Sugarfoot said:

why would turfs be the targeted area for content. That would literally provide something to do once every four hours thats about it

Hello? C'mon Leon you're not that stupid. RNG can be set within a set of parameters. It could be 30 minutes, it could be an hour. It could be Zaros again. It could be panagia next. Its stupid to have a system is essentially a cartel at this point. 

56 minutes ago, Olio said:

Hey lads and lasses! Heard a lot of feedback that content is stale, so just wanted to see if there was anything you were thinking would be a nice addition. Ways to make money and ways to spend it!

What things are you craving or maybe something you have seen elsewhere?

- wetsuit

- medic changes

PLEASE let's not make this into a "fix the mass kicks" or "Paratus give so and so powers" stuff I do not have control of.

:100::flame:

Now lets hope Paratus gives you feedback on these suggestions.

We will see if anything comes out of this.  But I'll list some things that could help...

Direct Deposit for cartels.  I have a forum post I made somewhere else where in detail I talk about why it was a better system.  But gang life has slowly gone down since it was removed.  There is no financial incentive to do cartels.  Cartels have always been a bit of a money sink but the current system will burn through your bank account far too fast and new players are not seeing it as an end game to pursue.  The problem with direct deposit back in the day was that there was no group cap and gangs would hold a monopoly, that is no longer a problem.

Asylum Exchange or some kind of market system to take its place.  Asylum Exchange created a real economy, without it there is not one.  It created new ways to make money and was an easy way to be a gun salesman and sell rarer items on the market.  Maybe an alternative would be for players to be able to run shops from their house or purhcase what are currently unbuyable houses and sell their goods from there.  All depends on server performance but i think with the 64bit update it should at least be tested.

Cheaper loadouts.  The prices have went up, this kills cartel life and just makes the game boring.

CSATs and Pilotcoveralls.  They should probably just be removed.  Whether people were asking for them or not, it doesn't really matter.  People wearing them take noticeably more bullets ( Especially with coveralls ) than people wearing plate carriers.  This has ruined combat.  Shooting at people wearing CSATs with anything under 7.62 puts you at a disadvantage, a massive one at that.  It's boring when you are basically required to have 7.62 to be effective against some players.

Some vehicle prices are ridiculous.  Orcas and ifits are far too expensive, not much to say here.  It needs changed.

In terms of content.  I think there could be something hat makes use of all the weapons being seized.  An evidence locker where seized weapons are stored.  Something like this should be a smaller kind of event though.  Maybe each HQ has an evidence locker and you will need to attack that specific HQ to see what is inside.  

Haych and Mike Stmria like this
7 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

Oh yeah

6. Actually Make supports admins. Why not give these people a chance finally and actually have a decent sized admin team rather then a group of inactive's

Those that wanted to be interviewed for a Moderator slot are guaranteed interviews. It will be a more modified interview since they went through an interview before. 

Just now, Smee said:

Would be cool if donor ranks had a tag on the forums :)

Something I've asked Paratus for in the past. I will bring it up to him again now that he is a web guy on the Identity team maybe it's something they can put together for us.

Smee and Haych like this
10 minutes ago, patato12 said:

MY NEW DREAM LATE GAME CONTENT:
I'm not here to talk about the prison but the theory behind it. The Devs wanted to make a "Defensive mission" for police hence the guard duty. However it is not done well and i think it could be done better in a different scenario.

-New late game "mission" Terrorism for a large upfront fee rebels are given a Tempest device.

A large overseas terrorist group is investing their weaponry and money into altis ((for a price))

The rebels mission (should they choose to accept it) would be to deliver a tempest device that is loaded with a large bomb to the APD academy, as soon as they began the mission police would be notified and guard duty would begin. 

Note that guard duty would work very much like the current guard duty. 1 life then they would have to spawn at an HQ and drive back.

-Rules Rebels would only have 10mins to deliver the bomb ((Perhaps 15min with a talent))

-It would only be possible once per restart

-Large up front fee ((100k Minimum))

-Everyone within the target would be TP'd out ((No rebels camping the police spawn))

This would be extremely hard and require at least 8 officers to be online. Rebels would need to be fully geared and have at least one armored vehicle or .50cal to be successful.

-The attack would end when APD seize the vehicle, so shooting out the tires and killing the rebels long enough to combat seize it. Same mechanic as seizing a Ifirit or .50cal

- When the 10min timer on the bomb expires and it explodes

If the Tempest and its rebels manage to make it to the goal and hold out long enough for the bomb to explode they would be handsomely rewarded with cash directly to the players account

f0abf5c2162b16486cec7f05c7b85ca1.jpg

4 minutes ago, Smee said:

2ba6c248b11f52f1bbef8ba78495d4e3.jpg
c6c4c708b0823e54dbbdd64b08f07d5d.jpg

Theres new content right there. These along with some other fixes mentioned would make the server back to what it was. @Olio

That placeable helipad would be really cool. Would it be disposable or something you would pack up and put back in a crate. If a crate I would think it would need be heavy in weight.

Just now, Olio said:

That placeable helipad would be really cool. Would it be disposable or something you would pack up and put back in a crate. If a crate I would think it would need be heavy in weight.

60k temporary for full restart can be picked up by rank 2> 

Since Gnashes can't do much without Paratus' approval, small QoL changes would suffice until something bigger gets approved

What I'd like to be done atleast:

Spoiler

Rotor script removed/heavily edited

Move the prison

Remove damage/fuel syncing through pullouts or add a talent to have them come out fully repaired & fueled

Remove the cartel caps that nobody fights and replace with ones requested, trial through them

Remove the auto spike strip feature from the fed

Buff cop lethal payout

Reduce the price of cop orcas

Revert the market changes for vehicles, 180k-200k for an orca? 140k-160k for an ifrit? Seriously?

Have arms and 2x turfs give a bigger discount, 20% only negates the gov tax, I'd like the % from each upped to 15%, so you get a 10% discount even with governor taxes being maxed, it takes time to cap 2 turfs and arms and you get jack shit out of it if the governor is a cunt

Have meetings with captains & gang leaders

Disable the light inside of lighthouse once again 

Edited by Jimbo
Bishop and JAY1HP like this

My other smaller idea's:

1.  Allow us to buy the 6.5 mini-gun for the qilin. it has a larger magazine but does not do dmg to property like a .50cal nor will it blow up vehicles
  2. Add stairs to unreachable's to bank
  3. Change up what is currently known as "Meth-house" at the bank. Their should be a way of going from cover to cover to make it close enough to the bank. Currently to push the bank it honestly feels like you need to swim or just hatchback rush. ((as a constable))
  4. Fix the god damn Quarry locations. Why in the world are Medium yields closer to citys/mineral processing then low yields??????
  5. Add another rebel to sofia it's supposed to be this "rebel" town yet it feels like nothing is there
  6. Move one of the black markets to the south east of the island
  7. Remove the hydrogen sulfate mine from doner town ((Why is their even one??))
  8. Give the Police a RHIB so they have a chance to catch turtlers
  9. Remove Races icons ((they just clutter the map))
  10. Remove Rotor script
  11. Remove one of the salt mine icons as now the whole salt flats can be mined
  12.  Move the hunting grounds ((its actually a great way to make money and perfect for noobs))
  13. More classes to SWAT for variety
  14. Give "Ephedra" and "Meth Cocktail" different icons
  15. Lets us buy the "Press" Vest at Channel 4 news ((Its only lvl 2 armor))
  16. The "Raven" vest lvl 1 armor

((Less likely to happen ones))

1. Give police a Donor "Outpost" they can't spawn at it but they can process criminals and buy gear
  2. Taru pls :(
  3. Give LT's the Stomper ((unarmed)) **For the memes**
  4. This one is kinda dumb but perhaps let us get the stationary 20mm machine guns if we own arms dealer ((They would be interesting at banks and feds ;3))
  5. I know this has been said No to already but a Blackfish 
Edited by patato12
Just now, patato12 said:

@Smee @Olio The portable helipads could be used to explode vehicles last time i tried it. But i mean why shouldn't we get something just because people will troll with it amiright?

called ideas for a reason, only a placeable, just like trees can only be damaged "outside" city limits

Edited by Smee