How will Asylum fix the Prison?

Pwnsome

Well, officers are notified with an option to spawn in as guards. If anything, we rain down from atop the main security building, no need to funnel unless we return after being killed. We do the slaughtering in this case.

Content will be released soon. Olio is aware and the devs I'm sure are as well. Let them enjoy their PUBG for now and they'll come back soon. :shrug: People get burnt out, let them take a break.

Just now, Pwnsomemcdk said:

its yours

Nah it's definitely the devs attitude about the prison and the asylum exchange and BE kicks and everything else that is ignored, please see below. We never get actual answers, just "maybe, we'll see and soon". We haven't heard from the dev that can actually make decisions to change shit in MONTHS. Thanks!

Spoiler

go_fuck_yourself_by_jball430.jpg

Edited by Philv2.0

It's a tough battle, if cops are always going to be potatoes and the opposing side is always going to be decent then that's what happens. We have somewhat armored vehicles for a reason and that reason is for pushing and punching through enemy lines.

16 minutes ago, Flameless said:

Well, officers are notified with an option to spawn in as guards. If anything, we rain down from atop the main security building, no need to funnel unless we return after being killed. We do the slaughtering in this case.

Content will be released soon. Olio is aware and the devs I'm sure are as well. Let them enjoy their PUBG for now and they'll come back soon. :shrug: People get burnt out, let them take a break.

With the old set up there was literally no where to spawn that wouldnt be in the killzone...

13 minutes ago, Mutiny said:

It's a tough battle, if cops are always going to be potatoes and the opposing side is always going to be decent then that's what happens. We have somewhat armored vehicles for a reason and that reason is for pushing and punching through enemy lines.

tumblr_nm2grhQceJ1uqe8iio1_400.gif

17 minutes ago, HotWings said:

With the old set up there was literally no where to spawn that wouldnt be in the killzone...

I'm speaking of the new setup. The old would be nice to have again yet with adjustments. Honestly the best solution in this case that will appease the community. 

Some changes to the current prison - rather than climbing atop the security building, have a platform that makes it look like a cat walk for guards, have scouting towers on the prison walls that officers can sit within, increase the front prison yard entrance  that actually provides some space for rebels to roam. It's too small for operation on both sides.

Currently - Officers climb atop the security building after spawning for guard duty, look over the edge and shoot pistol bangers hiding in corners or against the building, as well as people sitting in the towers. 5 seconds and they're done. The prison, to be blunt, is complete shit. Not to mention the actual script doesn't identify when all suspects have been detained and continues to alert officers of a break and on the map, displays the red text of a prison break. :frog:

Edited by Flameless

I remember tho good oll days with the Island Prison, all the good fights we use to have, if anything i think bring back the glory days of the old prison, and perhaps incorporate the power system and mechanics the dev's wanted. Cause people dont even do prisons anymore, i cant remember the last time i saw one pop, at least on P3. And thats cause its broken and not fun, so i say bring back what worked, and what people enjoyed!  

bunni likes this
12 minutes ago, HotWings said:

You 100% contradicted yourself.  "Add a catwalk" then "the roof makes it easy to down people"...  :shrug:

Provided with a barrier for defence. Prevents officers from jumping off as well as provided cover.

A straight catwalk, elevated atop the security building. hmmm.:frog:

I apologize for not being more transparent.

22 minutes ago, Super Bumbi said:

I remember when I could get 40-50 fps on Ultra Settings at 1,500 view-distance. Now I have to run this shit server at 500 meter distance at all lows.

Tired of waiting.

How exactly is Asylum responsible for that?  Ive been getting better performance on all servers since 64 bit. Sounds more like a hardware issue on your PC than something done by the devs tbh

Eric916 likes this
Just now, HotWings said:

How exactly is Asylum responsible for that?  Ive been getting better performance on all servers since 64 bit. Sounds more like a hardware issue on your PC than something done by the devs tbh

On my side? If it's my side explain that logic on other servers like Olympus, Trailer Park, and KOTH servers were I can run 40-30 FPS on Ultra's with 2,000 metering for Sniping on a HIGHLY populated server. I can't even fucking load in if I have my settings on what I play on if I attempt to even join the Asylum Server.

Edited by Super Bumbi
Alcaz Calcazone likes this
Just now, Super Bumbi said:

On my side? If it's my side explain that logic on other servers like Olympus, Trailer Park, and KOTH servers were I can run 40-30 FPS on Ultra's with 2,000 metering for Sniping on a HIGHLY populated server. 

Frankly sounds like tossing shit just because you can. I have a decent AMD processor and a 950 and get 40-50 FPS on high with 2k view distance. If I can get that on my system there is no reason you should get worse with any comparable system. Servers like KOTH or Wasteland would give a huge boost in FPS as they have much less scripting and stuff running.

Just now, HotWings said:

Frankly sounds like tossing shit just because you can. I have a decent AMD processor and a 950 and get 40-50 FPS on high with 2k view distance. If I can get that on my system there is no reason you should get worse with any comparable system. Servers like KOTH or Wasteland would give a huge boost in FPS as they have much less scripting and stuff running.

Okay, so explain to me this. How do you get better FPS on a AMD processor made for multi-core processing when ArmA is a Single-core utilization game. If you get that much FPS, why am I not able to clock in on that in Asylum? 3.5GHZ i5 with a GTX 960 4GB 8GB of RAM on a SSD. And if there's less scripting explain to me why I'm even able to join Olympus with my normal settings but not Asylum? 35k Filesize vs 27k.

Edited by Super Bumbi
Just now, Super Bumbi said:

Okay, so explain to me this. How do you get better FPS on a AMD processor made for multi-core processing when ArmA is a Single-core utilization game. If you get that much FPS, why am I not able to clock in on that in Asylum? 3.5GHZ i5 with a GTX 960 4GB 8GB of RAM on a SSD. And if there's less scripting explain to me why I'm even able to join Olympus with my normal settings but not Asylum?

I clearly stated I dont believe you when you say that, so how do you expect me to explain?

6 minutes ago, Super Bumbi said:

On my side? If it's my side explain that logic on other servers like Olympus, Trailer Park, and KOTH servers were I can run 40-30 FPS on Ultra's with 2,000 metering for Sniping on a HIGHLY populated server. I can't even fucking load in if I have my settings on what I play on if I attempt to even join the Asylum Server.

Because you know, makes sense to play Arma3 on ultra everything.  The picture in picture in your sport hatch definitely helps when sniping at a cartel.  Not to mention the amazing seabeds and how they can assist you in close quarters combat.

:thinking:

Spek, Pwnsome, HotWings and 2 others like this
Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

Because you know, makes sense to play Arma3 on ultra everything.  The picture in picture in your sport hatch definitely helps when sniping at a cartel.  Not to mention the amazing seabeds and how they can assist you in close quarters combat.

Oh yes, I totally paid 1.5k for a RIG that wasn't meant to run ArmA on Ultra, I'm totally spending my money just to run the game on all lows.

6 minutes ago, Super Bumbi said:

I get better fps on asylum than koth.

You need to change your settings or something

1 hour ago, Clint Beastwood said:

:thinking:

So that explains why I cant snipe......... I always aim with my PiP , maybe instead I should use my scope??    :P

HotWings likes this