EMT system / Medic Assistance  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Agree on changes i m suggesting about EMT/Medics?

• YES
    • NO

Whitelisted or not, medics should be more respected, so they would be able to performe their RP role.

Furthermore they should be able to fly other vehicles than Hummingbird

Killing a medic should be reason for ban.

Medics should not be taken as hostages.

Stealing/Scraping Ambulance or Medivac vehicles should be reasonfor ban.

Also Medics should follow some rules, like DNR(Do Not Revive) order. If they broke these rules, they should be also banned.

Too hardcore mate, we're a light RP server. Bans for being a bad medic should be out of the question. The whole whitelisted debate is a thing in itself, I'm neutral on that ground but I don't see why Medics should be exempt from being taken hostage and what not when cops have no such rules. We're here for the fun and the pewpew, I'd love for medics to get some feature loving but I don't think this is the right way forward for them.

Patato, Thanos, Space and 7 others like this
Just now, patato12 said:

hhn.gif

1. What if the medic is friends with the the enemy and is constantly healing or only helping that side.

Also Medics should follow some rules, like DNR(Do Not Revive) order. If they broke these rules, they should be also banned. So if someone says leave the area NOW or you ll be shot, if the medic will not abandon the area within certain time , he can be shot... 

I think medics are in desperate need of a content update of some kind but I can't agree with the majority of your suggestions. It'd be cool if they had access to a wider array of vehicles, different helicopters included but you lost me after that. It would actually make for bad RP if you can't kidnap medics and very unrealistic. At the most I could see a separate charge for kidnapping medics that could be more severe than the standard kidnapping charge, same could apply to kidnapping a police officer but banning someone for it is crazy in my opinion.

Edited by DonDurka
Patato, Bherky and Thanos like this

I understand all of your points, but i m only suggesting couple of things so people who want to play as medics to also enjoy the RP gameplay, as long as those who want to shoot, rob, kill, etc, etc, etc... When someone choose to play medic, know that he doesnt have a weapon. So why to be scared for doing it, about their life or their vehicles? 

It s not that bad to become a bit more strict... just a bit. That will bring more serius and mature gamers at servers, Not only random shooters from wasteland or King of the Hill.

About hostage situations... medics have no weapons to defend themselves. Thats happening for a purpose. So in that way of thinking(of unarmed medics) i believe we should built a defence fro them who are unarmed ;)

Just now, DonDurka said:

I think medics are in desperate need for a content update of some kind but I can't agree with the majority of your suggestions. It'd be cool if they had access to a wider array of vehicles, different helicopters included but you lost me after that. It would actually make for bad RP if you can't kidnap medics and very unrealistic. At the most I could see a separate charge for kidnapping medics that could be more severe than the standard kidnapping charge, same could apply to kidnapping a police officer but banning someone for it is crazy in my opinion.

There is no need to apply everything i wrote... I started a discussion. The most important is the outcome, not my suggestion as it is  ;) 

DonDurka likes this

Furthermore, right now being a medic is more like a hobby.... :D More loses than gain. Why someone to play as a medic? But i m sure those who said no, dont care about it... cause medic is not something that you would choose to play ;) The opinions tha really count is those from people who might want to play as medics and really want to help the gamers to survive in this RP  

The rest , i believe you can die or revive your self at Kavala or Georgetown :) 

Edited by Thanos
Just now, Gravl said:

No. I played a server once with these rules. No. These medic rules are aids. On that server I got in a firefight and the medic ran in between us, he got shot, reported, and me and the other guy got banned. Shit rules for shit servers. 

I agree on what you say. That s why i m saying that medics should also follow rules as well.

i.e. If he involves in an active gunfight, when bullets are spining around he is at his own responsibility and risk there... 

No ban reason if anyone shoots him within a reasonalbe distance.

All of the NO votes, next time they gonna need a medic assistance... just remember what you vote and why not enough medics are online to come and save your asses ... ROFL... unless you all have the ability to revive yourselves.... LoL

:D:D:D 

Edited by Thanos
6 hours ago, Thanos said:

There is no need to apply everything i wrote... I started a discussion. The most important is the outcome, not my suggestion as it is  ;) 

Of course! I was not belittling your other suggestions, only friendly disagreement and my own 2 cents. Thanks for the discussion.

Thanos likes this
3 hours ago, Jaeger said:

Medic will not be an important role on Asylum until devs remove defibs from cops and civs, and I am almost sure that won't happen

I believe it doesnt really matter. There is no need to be important, just to be more respected. Fear of ban , will make ppl to respect them more. Its psychology ;)

In fact most of gamers respect medics, as far as i have played medic role. That is true. Although there are some morons, that they do not. Medics should be protected in somehow , from these morons.... thats my belief.

Edited by Thanos

Medics should be given 50 calibers so we can resist against those that RDM us because we want a place on Altis where we can revive anybody when feel like it. About 80% of the time someone will scream and earrape you saying DONT REVIVE and you take a bullet in the head. I think it's only fair that we can retaliate with 50 caliber offroads so that when they scream don't revive i will scream back with a gun. As we are a light RP server, it makes more sense that Medics should have 50 calibers because the RP is too light for medics.

Thanos likes this
4 hours ago, Explanicide said:

Medics should be given 50 calibers so we can resist against those that RDM us because we want a place on Altis where we can revive anybody when feel like it. About 80% of the time someone will scream and earrape you saying DONT REVIVE and you take a bullet in the head. I think it's only fair that we can retaliate with 50 caliber offroads so that when they scream don't revive i will scream back with a gun. As we are a light RP server, it makes more sense that Medics should have 50 calibers because the RP is too light for medics.

Luv the idea!!! LoL... Or at least should be able to gear them selves as medics in army :) Plus grenades :))))

18 hours ago, Gnashes said:

1. Would be abused and would require skinning additional vehicles

2, 3, 4, 5. These are not things we desire to implement.

The only problematic abuse, at RP servers is usually when some admins form a gang, or a gang has more admins than others in key positions... Then they turn any RP server to light Zeus-gang server and they support their members more than they should ;) Thats an abuse which should be stoped by the developers when it happens and when they discover it. Otherwise they should call their server Zeus, not RP ;)

Beware only of that one and Do not afraid any other abuse.

4 hours ago, Explanicide said:

Luv the idea!!! LoL... Or at least should be able to gear them selves as medics in army :) Plus grenades :))))

Edited by Thanos
13 hours ago, Thanos said:

I believe it doesnt really matter. There is no need to be important, just to be more respected. Fear of ban , will make ppl to respect them more. Its psychology ;)

In fact most of gamers respect medics, as far as i have played medic role. That is true. Although there are some morons, that they do not. Medics should be protected in somehow , from these morons.... thats my belief.

Ever heard of pocket medics? 

I highly recommend you to spend more time on our server so you see how stuff is here. Medic is barely a role. It only helps starter people to make a couple dls to get on track. Shooting a medic shouldn't be a banneable offense, you are deciding to go and help people in a gunfight. The expect to be shot. 

Thanos likes this
3 hours ago, Jaeger said:

Ever heard of pocket medics? 

I highly recommend you to spend more time on our server so you see how stuff is here. Medic is barely a role. It only helps starter people to make a couple dls to get on track. Shooting a medic shouldn't be a banneable offense, you are deciding to go and help people in a gunfight. The expect to be shot. 

i have read and discover the abilities you can aquire through talents. I like that very much. But then ... what's the reason to have medic slots? Turn them to cops, or civilians, or military corp or swat, traffic police, to give tickets to those who park at green or blue zones :) whatever :D;)

When a gunfight is active , yes... you got a point 100%. But if the gunfight is over, why not to offer a short kind of immunity to EMT, plus 10' to bleeding out instead of 5', so there is more time to be able to help and RP better, only if 3 minutes passes after the last shot. Also the injured will be able to comply as he is today... 

You neither have to agree with what i m writing, nor to accept my opinion or to answer me... i m just making loud thoughts, and you lads might find something good (even 1 out of 100 is enough) to what i wrote... ;)  

I hope i m clear and not misunderstood ;)

Edited by Thanos
46 minutes ago, Thanos said:

i have read and discover the abilities you can aquire through talents. I like that very much. But then ... what's the reason to have medic slots? Turn them to cops, or civilians, or military corp or swat, traffic police, to give tickets to those who park at green or blue zones :) whatever :D;)

When a gunfight is active , yes... you got a point 100%. But if the gunfight is over, why not to offer a short kind of immunity to EMT, plus 10' to bleeding out instead of 5', so there is more time to be able to help and RP better, only if 3 minutes passes after the last shot. Also the injured will be able to comply as he is today... 

You neither have to agree with what i m writing, nor to accept my opinion or to answer me... i m just making loud thoughts, and you lads might find something good (even 1 out of 100 is enough) to what i wrote... ;)  

I hope i m clear and not misunderstood ;)

I respect your opinion. I'm just pointing how the servers have been working. They are meant to give some money. Unfortunately, RP is at a very low level. You can have RP with out needing to revive some one. Usually when you res someone, all they want to do is shoot the guy that killed them. 

Thanos likes this