Frame drop while in close counter combat

Silver-Spy

For the past week i am getting horrible frames when someone is really close to me and starts shooting at me or in the surrounding area.My frames are really good when i am driving around or any other situation and i am running my game on memory allocator JE_Malloc.Is anyone experiencing the same issue or anyone here could have a possible solution to overcome this issue?.And no my PC is not a complete potato and i dont have any issue with any other game on my PC.

:shrug:

Tb:) and Xehons like this

Try maybe playing on a lower view distance (arma settings and Y-menu). Your PC might for some reason be struggling to constantly update the bullets as they travel, hit things, penetrate surfaces, etc so hopefully lowering the amount of stuff your PC needs to render, it can dedicate more on what's near. 

Might help. Hopefully. 

Silver-Spy and Tb:) like this

I had similar issues. I noticed that "windows audio device graph isolation" was taking up a large portion of my processor usage. Turns out I had both Nvidia and realtek audio drivers installed. After uninstalling one it fixed my problem.

To add to it. I would really only got frame drops when me or someone else was shooting, so the audio from the gun shots was causing my problems with the audio drivers taking up most of my processor usage.

Edited by SenPie
Silver-Spy likes this
5 minutes ago, SenPie said:

I had similar issues. I noticed that "windows audio device graph isolation" was taking up a large portion of my processor usage. Turns out I had both Nvidia and realtek audio drivers installed. After uninstalling one it fixed my problem.

To add to it. I would really only got frame drops when me or someone else was shooting, so the audio from the gun shots was causing my problems with the audio drivers taking up most of my processor usage.

Hi

SenPie likes this
23 hours ago, NotSoNutty said:

@Silver-Spy I had this problem aswell. There are 2 ways to fix it as far as I know that worked for me:

1) If you use shadowplay turn it off.

2) If you want more FPS and use Shadowplay get an SSD, install Arma on your SSD and use Shadowplay on your HDD

Yeah I had this had to disable Shadowplay because it was causing lots of random FPS drops but since I disabled it my game has been running so much smoother. 

On 6/17/2017 at 10:25 AM, franticgoat said:

CPU overheating? I know for me on strife when my CPU gets around 65-70 I get around 15-20 fps. Make sure nothing is overheating. 

This is not overheating.... Max temp for most CPUs is 105 C and wont degrade performance til 90. 65-70 is normal operating temp for any decent game.

bobzen likes this
On 6/17/2017 at 1:25 PM, franticgoat said:

CPU overheating? I know for me on strife when my CPU gets around 65-70 I get around 15-20 fps. Make sure nothing is overheating. 

got nothing on me, I'm constantly running at 90-96 celsius with 30 frames dropping to 6-11 ever 20-30 seconds :FeelsBadMan: (Laptop with 2 external fans)

bum41 likes this