STRIFE Change Log 0.4.0

Oops, I forgot to mention this. It's been live for hours!

• You'll now get 20% of the value of a vehicle when it's destroyed, so long as it belongs to the enemy forces.
  • The reward system is now live. Your reward is based on the difficulty of the war for your side. That means that if your team had a huge balance in your favor, the reward won't be as good.
  • There's now a forum thread in announcements where you'll find the results of each war and the top 25 players listed. Everyone on the side receives at least some money, and that amount depends on your rank.
  • Some various bug and exploit fixes.

Hotfix

• Fixed bugs re-arming vehicles removed from the garage.
  • Rebel engineers now spawn with mine detectors.
  • All units will now spawn with a GPS.
  • Rebel JTAC should now be able to connect to their UAV.
  • Fixed a bug which caused magazines to be removed when reloading.
  • Player tags will fade based on distance.
  • An auto-balance mechanic has been added. The server will select people to switch sides when needed. If you accept, you'll receive a bonus.

Hotfix 2

• Payouts should now happen, but may be delayed 15-30 minutes from the end of a round.  If you are online when payouts happen, the payout will go to the Asylum Exchange mailbox on Altis.  
  • Map changes to try to help spawn camping.
  • Team balance changes should now work, but we want to see how they play out.  
Buck, Clark, Steve and 3 others like this
1 hour ago, Paratus said:

• You'll now get 20% of the value of a vehicle when it's destroyed, so long as it belongs to the enemy forces.
  • The reward system is now live. Your reward is based on the difficulty of the war for your side. That means that if your team had a huge balance in your favor, the reward won't be as good.
  • There's now a forum thread in announcements where you'll find the results of each war and the top 25 players listed. Everyone on the side receives at least some money, and that amount depends on your rank.

Opfor JTAC spawns with the wrong UAV terminal and the drone just takes off and flys away (even if you buy the correct terminal).

Please fix the bug where a magazine disappears from your inventory when you reload, it also affects mines.

Please also add the ability to repack magazines.

Also, please consider increasing the respawn timer from 10 seconds to 30 or something, endgame is complete aids when the entire enemy team insta-spawns in their base and spams mines.

I would also like to thank you for using what little free time you have to create this game mode, it's fun as fuck!

@Paratus

Is there anything you can do about team balance?

BluFor has been stacked since day 1, and OpFor only wins when no one is on at night, or when BluFor feels like switching it up for a round.

I can't imagine the game mode will last very long if BluFor plays 'Capture the Point' simulator, and OpFor plays 'Getting Camped' simulator.

The game before this one was 50 blu v. 22 op

e9361545acc80113658e82927cbd2359.jpg

2c947834e844fdc0151625a2f2a79656.jpg

OMG-A-FISH, Xehons and Treeontyn like this

@Paratus

A list of bugs OpFor experiences

• Hellcat cannot rearm it's flares or 7.62mm miniguns IF that hellcat has been taken out of your garage
  • Kajman cannot reload it's cannon or flares IF that Kajman has been taken out of your garage
  • Neophron cannot rearm it's cannon or flares IF that Neophron has been taken out of your garage
  • OpFor JTAC cannot use their own drone
  • OpFor cannot purchase GPS
  • OpFor engineers do not spawn with Mine Detectors
  • OpFor Combat Life Savers do not spawn with Tactical Vests (BluFor Combat Life Savers do)
  • OpFor cannot Restore the capture point known as Comms Alpha (Volcano)

And as always, reloading removes an extra magazine. Placing a mine removes two mines. Reloading an RPG/PCML removes an additional rocket.

Video of the bug

Legit, Le Razoir, Silver-Spy and 1 other like this
9 minutes ago, Durga said:

@Paratus

Is there anything you can do about team balance?

BluFor has been stacked since day 1, and OpFor only wins when no one is on at night, or when BluFor feels like switching it up for a round.

I can't imagine the game mode will last very long if BluFor plays 'Capture the Point' simulator, and OpFor plays 'Getting Camped' simulator.

The game before this one was 50 blu v. 22 op

e9361545acc80113658e82927cbd2359.jpg

2c947834e844fdc0151625a2f2a79656.jpg

Opfor won today.  Battle lasted from roughly 2PM to 10PM.  Though team balance needs to be a thing for sure.

7 hours ago, Paratus said:

There's now a forum thread in announcements where you'll find the results of each war and the top 25 players listed. Everyone on the side receives at least some money, and that amount depends on your rank

:FeelsBadMan:

36 minutes ago, krickenBacker said:

Will the thread post the last 2 wars or did it bug aswell?

17 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I kinda have a feeling that the bot isn't recording wars being won at the moment and none of us will be getting rewards.

39 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I kinda have a feeling that the bot isn't recording wars being won at the moment and none of us will be getting rewards.

Shouldnt this prove it though? I havent gotten a cent for yesterdays war though, i was fifth @Paratus

Is there a delay, do we collect it at Asylum exchange mailbox? Tell us!

Just now, Midamaru said:

Shouldnt this prove it though? I havent gotten a cent for yesterdays war though, i was fifth @Paratus

I was in the top 25 and checked my mailbox 30 minutes after the war and nothing, maybe it just takes awhile.

1 hour ago, Durga said:

If you're referring to the 250k in the Thread I posted a few days ago, it was a lie. A ruse, a joke.

There is no money

You people don't read.

You drive a hard bargain but I'm willing to go as low as 200

4 hours ago, Midamaru said:

Yeah it's not instant. Next batch will go out in about an hour.

13 minutes ago, Tusken Raider said:

Still trying to understand these safe zones. One leads to main island by the bridge and the other does not. Doesn't seem fair to me.

Umm, yes it does!

13 hours ago, Paratus said:

Rearming aircraft that come out of your garage still leaves you without a laser des. and flares.

Also it is still not possible to rearm drones.

Reloading mags causes you to lose an extra one

@Paratus

Edited by Waldo
8 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Hotfix

• Fixed bugs re-arming vehicles removed from the garage.
  • Rebel engineers now spawn with mine detectors.
  • All units will now spawn with a GPS.
  • Rebel JTAC should now be able to connect to their UAV.
  • Fixed a bug which caused magazines to be removed when reloading.
  • Player tags will fade based on distance.

<3 Thanks

@Paratus Can you increase the spawn timer or make getting killed at a friendly objective take longer to spawn there similar to how cops getting killed at a police HQ is?  People spawn right on top of other players as they are trying to take points pretty much everytime if the objective already had players of the other faction on it.