Malden on the Asylum

3 hours ago, Allstarplaya said:

You say that your focus will shift back to Altis life servers once you fix the bugs on strife but with the fact you have a newborn baby still and Identity on the horizon, i feel like this strife game-mode is a ploy to hold the community off once again for months on end for the next big thing to come asylum. I think you need to address the community in an open-panel discussion on YOUR teamspeak that you have paid for years on end, then open the floor for community questions and concerns,. (We used to do this back in the day with Mowtown).

Although many people are loyal to Asylum servers the competition with other similar life servers has gotten much closer then it was in the past. (Especially with Olympus opening a new server this week.) Asylum is no longer the most developed life server on Arma 3 anymore and many of us want to see it return to its former glory. 

Think what you will, but your logic doesn't make sense there. I made Strife in a couple of weeks in my spare time. There's a LOT of code and work in there. So saying I made that as a ploy is a bit insane when that time could have made features for life all the same.

The reality is that I made Strife because it can attract a new audience to our community. That is the real reason, and it's working. Strife is Strife, and it doesn't need continual development like Life does. Once the base game is working properly it takes minor updates to improve it. I work on Identity from 9-5, and then I work on Arma stuff. I can do a lot in those hours each day. My baby sleeps by 8pm every day.

Why am I even explaining myself like this? I've said it before and if you don't believe me then I'm fine with that. Once Strife doesn't have any significant bugs my focus shifts back.

thero, sah, HomeTrlx and 12 others like this
Just now, Paratus said:

Think what you will, but your logic doesn't make sense there. I made Strife in a couple of weeks in my spare time. There's a LOT of code and work in there. So saying I made that as a ploy is a bit insane when that time could have made features for life all the same.

The reality is that I made Strife because it can attract a new audience to our community. That is the real reason, and it's working. Strife is Strife, and it doesn't need continual development like Life does. Once the base game is working properly it takes minor updates to improve it. I work on Identity from 9-5, and then I work on Arma stuff. I can do a lot in those hours each day. My baby sleeps by 8pm every day.

Why am I even explaining myself like this? I've said it before and if you don't believe me then I'm fine with that. Once Strife doesn't have any significant bugs my focus shifts back.

Any thoughts on an infantry focused strife?

Just now, Paratus said:

@Paratus just wanted to apologize for my saltiness, I had no idea. Need to work on thinking before I type instead of just thinking about what I want. Obviously, I was wrong about the dev here like most others and while I still wish I could've seen a malden life I appreciate your dedication to the development of Asylum and hope you continue to listen to the community and talk as you do here. 

Apologies, 

Boone

26 minutes ago, Boone said:

@Paratus just wanted to apologize for my saltiness, I had no idea. Need to work on thinking before I type instead of just thinking about what I want. Obviously, I was wrong about the dev here like most others and while I still wish I could've seen a malden life I appreciate your dedication to the development of Asylum and hope you continue to listen to the community and talk as you do here. 

Apologies, 

Boone

I'll apologize too. My rant was only at your first paragraph, but the rest didn't warrant a harsh response!

1 hour ago, Paratus said:

I love strife a lot, I actually am enjoying it more than I have life in a while, but be that as it is, I think there were many people who would have much rather you have made life content then strife. However in my opinion (which has little authority) you should have just gave us a pole to vote whether we wanted it to be a strife map or a life map.

Professor Pericles likes this

I like Strife. But I hate tanoa. The terrain is terrible for combat and I have a pretty decent PC and can hardly get 40 - 45 fps. In my opinion I think Strife should run on a Stratis / Malden rotation. Don't get me wrong, Tanoa looks cool as hell. But the FPS on that map and the stupid jungle make it consistently frustrating. I think strife will be a hit, but you will appeal to more new players if you use the non-dlc maps.

thats just my 2 cents

Edited by Quenton
Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz and Dextrix like this
18 hours ago, Nic Rage said:

I love strife a lot, I actually am enjoying it more than I have life in a while, but be that as it is, I think there were many people who would have much rather you have made life content then strife. However in my opinion (which has little authority) you should have just gave us a pole to vote whether we wanted it to be a strife map or a life map.

Stahhhp blowing my tanks up with an rpg hahahha. Any time I see your name I'm like oh lord switch to driver and run!

On 6/21/2017 at 3:00 PM, Allstarplaya said:

You say that your focus will shift back to Altis life servers once you fix the bugs on strife but with the fact you have a newborn baby still and Identity on the horizon, i feel like this strife game-mode is a ploy to hold the community off once again for months on end for the next big thing to come asylum. I think you need to address the community in an open-panel discussion on YOUR teamspeak that you have paid for years on end, then open the floor for community questions and concerns,. (We used to do this back in the day with Mowtown).

Although many people are loyal to Asylum servers the competition with other similar life servers has gotten much closer then it was in the past. (Especially with Olympus opening a new server this week.) Asylum is no longer the most developed life server on Arma 3 anymore and many of us want to see it return to its former glory. 

U think about Asylum way too much

On 6/21/2017 at 2:13 PM, Paratus said:

Malden is a new map released for free to all owners of Arma 3 tomorrow. It's a smaller map, somewhere between the size of Stratis and Tanoa, which has a very arid environment. It looks very similar to Stratis, only with more cities and a larger area.

We've found that due to its size it won't play very well for Life, and so we're going to make it available to Strife. I understand that people will dislike the lack of a new place to play our primary mode, Life, but given what the map offers it simply wouldn't last. In addition, it's not enough to warrant new hardware which would mean that if we did put out a Malden Life server it'd mean replacing an existing Altis Life server, which we feel just isn't worth it.

So on release day you'll get your hands on Malden Strife. The existing Strife server is going to rotate between Malden and Tanoa so those of you without Apex can give Strife a shot.

Malden is a great map and sofar I had a blast playing STRIFE on it. Malden life would be cool but similarly to tanoa wouldn't last and isn't worth the effort.