Drones (IRL)

Just now, frantic said:

If you are talking about the ones where they wear VR glasses when racing I think I would throw up lol

Yeah it's on ESPN right now. I agree when they do the pilots view in the goggles it moves so damn. I have a hard time with racing games, almost get tunnel vision, probably would be the same with this.

Sergio likes this
Just now, Olio said:

Link to video or lies.... :P

Unfortunately the GoPro ran out of batteries on the most recent poop he had. And its hard to find a wild Chico going to the bathroom. Next time when I see him on his way to the bathroom, ill pull out the drone for you and take a spicy video. I will also have sound on so you can hear the water hit his cheeks. But this is going to be hard because I first must find a way to get my drone through his house and out so I can recover the footage. I will probably hire some sort of spies that can climb up to the nearest window on the 2nd floor of his small ghetto house, ofcoure closest to the bathroom and sneak in there. But when i acheive this, I must modify the drone to be silent or he will smash the drone. Also, you might ask we'll how are you actually going to get into the bathroom? As you see here, Chico is a really weird child and works the skreets. When people work the "skreets" they get immune to that type of lifestyle of not caring what they do or what they look like. When people dont care what they look like, they dont care what other people think of them. That is what special about Mr. Chico. I can grab any footage of him taking shits and post it on websites for money. That is how I get most of my funds to complete my missions. I find only chico. I am not a pervert and spy on anyone. Only Chico because me and him have a type of relationship like peanut butter and jelly have. But I should have that footage you are wanting in the next week, keep an eye out on your PMs. 

Edited by Marzoh
Sergio, BlackShot and ChicoXL like this
2 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Yup! Common off the shelf military application type of thing though.

Wait off the shelf and military application can go together in the same sentence. Elaborate. I would love to thin the heard of skunks I have around my farm from the comfort of my lawn chair with some beer...

And in case you think I forgot, rude. 

Silver-Spy likes this
Just now, Dredd said:

I didn't think so, QFE!

Yeah - instead of spending millions and millions of dollars on development the military contracts private companies to do it.

Ahhh. I get it. When I read what you said, I thought it was military type that could be bought off the shelf. Had me excited for a minute.

Got any solutions to the problem I mentioned? Like. 22 cal firing drone with thermals?

Silver-Spy likes this

Don't know much about drones, but whenever someone wants to start a new hobby I always tell them start off with something cheap. You might get over it in a couple of days and then you are stuck with a $500+ drone.

Start off with a cheap, smaller drone and mess with it for a couple of weeks. Then if you still enjoy it, get one of the nicer ones.

Google™ likes this
3 hours ago, Reapered said:

Não sei muito sobre drones, mas sempre que alguém quer começar um novo hobby, eu sempre digo que comecem com algo barato. Você pode superá-lo em alguns dias e então você está preso com um drone de $ 500 +.

Comece com um drone barato e menor e mexa com ele por algumas semanas. Então, se você ainda gosta, obtenha um dos mais agradáveis.

You are absolutely right

Hey! Just saw my notifications. Glad you liked the show @Olio

@KaNoodle and I do indeed work for DRL! I work as an editor, which is actually why I had to take some time off from asylum to work on the show. Off season is fast approaching so hopefully I'll have some extra time to play on asylum more. 

@KaNoodle does the commentating and analytics during the racing, so you'll see him on TV :)

EDIT: if anyone is looking to get into drones, DRL is releasing an All-in-One ready-to-fly setup that is really easy to pick up and start flying. That comes out later this fall. If you would like to get your hands on something cheap and easy sooner, then get this guy.

https://www.getfpv.com/inductrix-fpv-rtf-ready-to-fly.html?gclid=CPruiNPw_9QCFVBbfgodwhQK6g

Edited by Sergio
AyoItsThalia likes this

@Olio We get them as intimate with the course as possible because we want the best racing. 

Pilots get to walk the course and get a feel for everything before they even start flying.

Then they get two practice rounds where everyone flies their own pace. Then they dive into time trials (two races) where it's sort of like practice mode because everyone is spread out and racing against the clock instead of each other. The outcome of this places you in your ranking round groups and your start position for those. 

Then they dive into ranking rounds (5 races), which determines their starting position during semi-finals (5 more races, called heats)

Top 3 pilots from the SF move on to the finals which is 7 heats. If you've made it to finals you're guaranteed to move on to the next race event (Level) 

So they get a bit of practice, finals always has the best and insane racing. I also forgot to mention that their fatsharks are recording their view of the race so they study the course via the DVR  of their race in the fatsharks. 

Edited by Sergio
Reformed Katheeri likes this

Hey Guys.. Glad to hear the interest in the sport. As @Sergio mentioned, I am the Drone Racing Expert/ Color Commentator/ Analyst of the show. I was a professionally sponsored pilot before coming to DRL over a year ago. I created the first FPV Drone racing podcast 2 years ago, which became very successful prior to me turning the show over to a friend before coming to DRL. I didnt want the show to end, so turning it over to a friend to keep it going was the best way to keep it alive. For those that are new to the sport you might want to check it out and listen to the show from the first episode and work your way through them. Lots of good info for you guys. The show is called "QuadTalk Podcast and can be found on the podcast app on any apple product, itunes, stitcher and Tune in. 

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask myself or Sergio. We'd be glad to help in anyway. Also you can reach me on any of the social media accounts. @Kanoodle_FPV