Bring Back Tanoa.

Just now, Deny said:

So why is STRIFE still up? While it isn't atm, it is planned to come back up and that doesn't have any players.

Tanoa had much more than 10 players, if you took the time to look before, you'd of seen that.

1. STRIFE is being reworked so it has more players.
2. I played Tanoa since it's release, the only thing people did was run coke. When coke got nerfed, the player count lowered. Eventually it was nerfed down to the point where only 10 people wanted to play still.

: ), Thor... and speeeeeed like this
Just now, thero said:

1. STRIFE is being reworked so it has more players.
2. I played Tanoa since it's release, the only thing people did was run coke. When coke got nerfed, the player count lowered. Eventually it was nerfed down to the point where only 10 people wanted to play still.

1. STRIFE will be popular for about 5 days.

2. Many people did more things than coke, they fought cartels, pistol banged GT, ran turtles, and fought in gang wars.

Deny likes this

This is rediculous... Devs never gave Tanoa a chance over the summer. I 100% guarentee you would see a huge spike in player count as there are many people I know (around 25 people including myself) who were just finishing up finals at the time that Tanoa was shut down and would have loved to play it again over the summer. Anyone who played Tanoa over the summer realizes how great it was. To be honest, I am really regretting not playing the last week of Tanoa as not only would I have loved to say my goodbyes to the best year asylum ever has but also to let my friends know to hop on so the devs could see a spike of playercount and maybe let it stay. @bamf @Gnashes if Strife fails again, you would be doing the large tanoa community a huge favor by simply swapping strifes files and adding back tanoa. To be completely honest here I dont see how coke was any easier to make on Tanoa than altis. Right now I can find 5-10 players on all 4 Altis servers at night time and do coke for hours without being bothered. And another bonus that makes Altis such a money making machine is that you dont have to pick cocoa trees like you do on Tanoa so you can make infinite money vs waiting for restart! A 270km2 map with the player count split by 4 is going to yield much less player interaction than a 100km2 map with 5 islands separated by water with no split in player count. Also, lower the min cop age to 15 or 16 and you will see a large increase of people which can become cops for Tanoa. 

operatorjohnny^ likes this

Honestly, I would donate some money to get Tanoa back right now...I just do no see why the devs aren't considering it. It is a Strife vs. Tanoa at this point, because you brought up money. We don't want coke, we don't want Turtles, we don't want any of that. We want to see the beautiful map that we all know and love. We want to fight at the cartels we all know and love. Most of all: We just want Tanoa back.

Just now, OperatorJohn said:

Honestly, I would donate some money to get Tanoa back right now...I just do no see why the devs aren't considering it. It is a Strife vs. Tanoa at this point, because you brought up money. We don't want coke, we don't want Turtles, we don't want any of that. We want to see the beautiful map that we all know and love. We want to fight at the cartels we all know and love. Most of all: We just want Tanoa back.

I almost cried reading this;(

thero likes this
5 minutes ago, Azeh said:

or maybe you should find a Tanoa RP server :shrug:

There are none... Asylum Tanoa was the last server. I know so many other people on other roleplay servers that would leave their community to play Tanoa here because people want to play Tanoa. Altis is boring as fuck. The only people who like Altis are the people who like to abuse coke and meth at 3am when there are 5 players on each server. Why doesnt anyone bring up the coke abuse on Altis? Fucking haters.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Because Coke on Altis was making 1/2 as much money as Pure Cocaine when they were both available.

Pure Cocaine is still beating it out year-to-date, and it was removed back in June.

If strife fails again, is it really that hard to just swap Tanoa's files in and give it another go. If Tanoa busts then I will shut the fuck up (Id expect the rest of the tanoa community to do the same). I know many people who would donate to Asylum to play on Tanoa again. It was an amazing map.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Because Coke on Altis was making 1/2 as much money as Pure Cocaine when they were both available.

Pure Cocaine is still beating it out year-to-date, and it was removed back in June.

You guys also took away Tanoa right when the majority of the community (People still in school) were doing finals. You would have seen a huge spike in player count just as you did during Christmas time. 

21 minutes ago, Sir Ling Ling (2) said:

You guys also took away Tanoa right when the majority of the community (People still in school) were doing finals. You would have seen a huge spike in player count just as you did during Christmas time. 

I don't understand how you can't get it through your skull they won't add it back. Coke gave too much money for the work required and risk associated with it. The player count doesn't matter since everyone was in the same gang. 

12 minutes ago, Tusken Raider said:

I don't understand how you can't get it through your skull they won't add it back. Coke gave too much money for the work required and risk associated with it. The player count doesn't matter since everyone was in the same gang. 

They can nerf coke to be the same value as it is on altis. Also, the only time where everyone was pretty much in the same gang was Mongols, which would have changed with more players playing over the summer. This would actually make the mongols have to fight the other gangs. Also, did you ever play Tanoa yourself? or are you just hating on it because you cannot afford it just like 90% of the other Tanoa haters.

I only started playing on Tanoa about a month before it was deleted. But I liked it. Beautiful scenery and gunfights in the jungle were really cool.  Bought a house and the next day found out Tanoa would be deleted. As far as strife goes, I think it should be limited to exactly the weapons/vehicles we have on altis already. Maybe with exception for gmg. I probably won't get on strife if it still has heavy armor, jets and helis with weapons. 

Reverie likes this