Change log 8.0.0

bamf

37 minutes ago, bamf said:

So you think all factions in the game should have readily available 7.62 weapons?

Civilians have no limitations to getting them, other then they have to buy them get a talent and a rebel license. Obviously not all cops can get them unless they are swat. Needless to say you could break the glass on anything eventually with a 5.56 or a 6.5m. I realize this is in a bit of another direction, but 9mm shouldn't be able to take down neither an orca or a taru for that matter. You buy that kind of helicopter (or craft it) partially for the reason that it offers more security then say a hummingbird or a hellcat. I realize that is set up they way it is on asylum because people used to use orcas extremely aggressively and at the time truth be told is that they were flying tanks and so were tarus but they are not now.

All do respect Bamf, the part that infuriates me as a player is that it used to be a pretty satisfying reward to shoot the pilot of an orca but now, being able to take it down so easily gives me no satisfaction and quite frankly I believe it simply caters to the individuals with less skill. 

I would like to hear a justification on why a 5.56mm that costs 1-5k (depend on if you are a cop or civ) should be able to take down a helicopter that costs 60k to craft or 120k+ to buy.

Edit: if you did buff orcas, cops would be able to land inside of the fed, behind rebels doing a prison or on top of a bank much easier. Cops used to be able to land inside of the fed while at the same time having other cops slam gates to keep the rebels focused on 2 areas. Not being able to do this made it very difficult for cops, in my opinion.

Edited by Steve
15 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

Sometimes i really hope that the developers see through all the whining and bitching because 8.0 isn't how they wished for on their christmas list.

Appreciate the work guys! @bamf @Gnashes & @Paratus 

I don't think Paratus had anything to do with this as he's pretty much retired from Asylum. This update was done by Gnashes & Bamf with contributions from Destrah, Sandwich and CrestedPenguin. 

HapHazard and Sandwich like this
Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

I don't think Paratus had anything to do with this as he's pretty much retired from Asylum. This update was done by Gnashes & Bamf with contributions from Destrah, Sandwich and CrestedPenguin. 

Thanks to them aswell! but i'm pretty sure Paratus still does things, we'll just never know :P 

Sandwich likes this

8.0 released and I have to work.  I'm itching to buy an RV and drive out in the middle of nowhere and cook some crank!!

anyways, after all the pissing and moaning I've read in this thread so far,  thanks go out to the Devs for bringing shit back that people have been begging for AE, Pyrgos Prison, and Tarus.  

I look forward to future 8.x updates!!

Sandwich likes this
Just now, cHIP фTLE said:

8.0 released and I have to work.  I'm itching to buy an RV and drive out in the middle of nowhere and cook some crank!!

anyways, after all the pissing and moaning I've read in this thread so far,  thanks go out to the Devs for bringing shit back that people have been begging for AE, Pyrgos Prison, and Tarus.  

I look forward to future 8.x updates!!

I look forward to (hopefully) the more consistent updates!

cHIP oTLE and Codie Alterman like this
12 hours ago, bamf said:

Be aware though that processing crank has risks - your RV will send smoke into the air, and the smoke means that you can be killed by the rival drug lords on the island.

RULE CLARIFICATION: If there is a guy by an RV with smoke, does this mean we can shoot without initiation? Is this a 300m rule for RV with smoke? Immediate area? Or do we have to text initiate? @Gnashes @bamf 

boomheadshot69, cruising and Atra like this
5 hours ago, bamf said:

So you think all factions in the game should have readily available 7.62 weapons?

Dont need 7.62, 9mm+ disables them including the rook which are readily available to everyone. Tarus back in the day where OP after the arma update no question about that but now they can be disabled with the smallest caliber available and having rotorlib on top of that too? Way too excessive. You get in a fire fight with cops, heli gets damage, rotorlib enabled? good luck 150k-200k gone, down the drain and with rebels your as good as dead before it hits the ground. The front windows have more armour that the engine that alone is a handicap. I was one of the people who pestered you for them to come back for the longest time but there is no need whatsoever for rotorlib. The risks greatly outweigh the benefits even before rotorlib is added into the equation.

Steve, Brendon Smith and Shaq Daddy like this

I am liking 8.0.0, few things

Do colored smokes already work for officers (cause they dissapeared from inventory)

I like the taru, even with everybody bitching about the rotorslib, its a great transport vehicle, so what's the prob.

I love the new siren lights.

and the prison  is back to pyrgos island.

everyone has been bitching about the prison and now it's moved with a redesign, i am happy :D

Now i am hoping that more good stuff will come :D

Sandwich, Noliver. and DankBud like this
19 hours ago, Steve said:

The only thing I'm not happy about is the drug locations rotating each restart. This will kill the real estate market and make the best meth houses out their useless.

Great job on everything else though honestly.

I don't think it does,instead of a house being used for just one thing you can use it for multiple things now...it brings more value to the more "useless" houses with the rotation of them

That 2nd meth lab location is dumb. So far from the ingredients and barely any houses in a 3 km radius..

I was hoping this patch would offer more things to do, but instead it just removed my inclination to do meth 50% of the restarts. Crank is a cool feature, but really isn't worth it. I'd rather gather the ingredients and wait for the meth lab to be in its original spot.

Edited by Bikstok
HomeTrlx, Kettles, bobzen and 9 others like this
Just now, Bikstok said:

That 2nd meth lab location is dumb. So far from the ingredients and barely any houses in a 3 km radius..

I was hoping this patch would offer more things to do, but instead it just removed my inclination to do meth 50% of the restarts. Crank is a cool feature, but really isn't worth it. I'd rather gather the ingredients and wait for the meth lab to be in its original spot.

That's what I do now lol

Just now, Bikstok said:

To my understanding Bamf wanted to get more map activity going in this patch. It's going to give us the opposite people will just log off if they can't run meth when they want to.