STRIFE Change Log 0.5.0

bamf

53 minutes ago, bamf said:

Going back to the topic of jets on Tanoa:  

What if we increased the cost, and removed countermeasures.  Would that make it more balanced?  Do I also need to bring in other forms of AA?

The cost is high enough but you need to lower the price of drones and the APEX helis (cant remember their names) as they where never OP in any way, just the jets. No countermeasures would make them 100% useless like cmon now... Other forms of AA would help because we'd be constantly locked on ie Infantry AA launchers. People complaining need to understand that this mod isnt for infantry only, if jets are removed or highly nerfed tanks will be the next thing and so on. Tanks and drones right now are OP on malden but tanks wont be removed. Either make infantry able to get titan AA launchers or make like AA capture point on tanoa that each side can fight over that has AA that'll shoot down enemy air. Also make it so the winning team cant pull jets from their garage because as it stands now if teams are unbalanced the winning team cannot BUY jets but can PULL them from their garage so thats a major disadvantage right there. 

• Add more AA ie. Titan AA launchers for standard AA role and anyone can buy them.
  • AA tanks can easily kill jets but people buy the AA tanks with the idea of spawn camping a spawn and getting a bunch of kills. Anytime ive killed one its been one person driving so they dont have a clue theyre locked and could easily stop it but still complain about it being "OP". AA tanks work with a 3 man group. Driver, commander and gunner. Each role is just as important to combat lockons. Going into a group of trees stops it ffs.
  • Maybe nerf what a jet spawns with? limit its cannon and AG as thats the main thing that shreds infantry and tanks but only for the wipeout/neaphron as the Apex jets are dogfight jets so they're not a problem.
  • And dont allow winning team to pull from garage when they cannot buy them while unbalanced.

People think strife is somewhere to fight like what fights are on asylum but its the complete opposite. Its a whole different gamemode.

@bamf

Professor Pericles likes this

I'll post here my two cents about jets. I also replied this to the "Remove Jets" thread.

Look, this is how I see this: jets have been part of Strife ever since the day it was released. It's a game mode based upon the idea jets, tanks and infantry should all be part of the fight and have a balance among themselves.

We haven't reached that balance yet. Removing what has always been part of Strife without first trying to balance it is somehow utter and impacting.

I personally have lost more money with jets than the other way around. Which means if you're not a damn good pilot, or at least have some knowledge on how to evade and attack properly, you'll suck. There are still only a few people who are skilled at both and make good money/kills with it.

I don't think increasing its price will make much of a difference to those skilled pilots. The problem seems to begin mostly when teams are unbalanced. Maybe removing the ability of pulling jets while there isn't a balance between teams is a better way to approach it at first. Then we can start thinking of other options if it doesn't work and, finally, consider removing it, if nothing else helps - which I don't believe is gonna happen. 

Considering adding countermeasures against jets is not a bad idea either.

@bamf

6 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

• Add more AA ie. Titan AA launchers for standard AA role and anyone can buy them.
  • AA tanks can easily kill jets but people buy the AA tanks with the idea of spawn camping a spawn and getting a bunch of kills. Anytime ive killed one its been one person driving so they dont have a clue theyre locked and could easily stop it but still complain about it being "OP". AA tanks work with a 3 man group. Driver, commander and gunner. Each role is just as important to combat lockons. Going into a group of trees stops it ffs.
  • Maybe nerf what a jet spawns with? limit its cannon and AG as thats the main thing that shreds infantry and tanks but only for the wipeout/neaphron as the Apex jets are dogfight jets so they're not a problem.
  • And dont allow winning team to pull from garage when they cannot buy them while unbalanced.

People think strife is somewhere to fight like what fights are on asylum but its the complete opposite. Its a whole different gamemode.

@bamf

The problem with the AA vehicle and AA launchers is that the missiles suck against jets. Easy to flare and they do not blow up the jet.  it's not much of a help to have three men in your AA vehicle, you can deploy counter measures but a jet is going to keep flying by and shooting more rockets, all the while yours do not do that much damage and your turret is useless. That's what makes jets such a problem

Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

The problem with the AA vehicle and AA launchers is that the missiles suck against jets. Easy to flare and they do not blow up the jet.  it's not much of a help to have three men in your AA vehicle, you can deploy counter measures but a jet is going to keep flying by and shooting more rockets, all the while yours do not do that much damage and your turret is useless. That's what makes jets such a problem

Ive been shot down multiple times with AA tanks and if we get hit by one and dont blow up we lose control so its done anyway. The problem is the balance more than anything. If i have jets in my garage i can pull them regardless of whos winning but cannot buy them and thats where the main problem is yeno the most kills ive gotten is when i could pull a jet from my garage while i couldn't buy one so right there thats overpowered. Removing them from a mode they should be in is dumb because then tanks or helis will be op and people will complain. 90% of people use tanks for infantry kills anyway so them complaining about not shooting down jets is utter shite. What i suggested is limiting what they spawn with like half flares, half cannon, half AG rockets and going any further would render them useless. The apex jets are only for other jets really yeah they have laser guided bombs but not everyone knows how to use them and they can be countered by just moving your tank. And the cannon can disable a tank if a good strafe is done but its super hard to control for that much damage. Some people are good in jets and make them most of them others just need to earn the counter that is there.

BlackShot likes this
34 minutes ago, HomeTrlx said:

Remove tanks on malden since they are op and camp too? Or just increase the price by 75%? Hello. Thanks for lisiting to your community.

Yea jets are so op omg. Increase the price by 200% so no one will buy one and leave dis server again.....

Literally took out a tank and a AA vehicle easily with an AT turret. Not even comparable. 

33 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Ive been shot down multiple times with AA tanks and if we get hit by one and dont blow up we lose control so its done anyway. The problem is the balance more than anything. If i have jets in my garage i can pull them regardless of whos winning but cannot buy them and thats where the main problem is yeno the most kills ive gotten is when i could pull a jet from my garage while i couldn't buy one so right there thats overpowered. Removing them from a mode they should be in is dumb because then tanks or helis will be op and people will complain. 90% of people use tanks for infantry kills anyway so them complaining about not shooting down jets is utter shite. What i suggested is limiting what they spawn with like half flares, half cannon, half AG rockets and going any further would render them useless. The apex jets are only for other jets really yeah they have laser guided bombs but not everyone knows how to use them and they can be countered by just moving your tank. And the cannon can disable a tank if a good strafe is done but its super hard to control for that much damage. Some people are good in jets and make them most of them others just need to earn the counter that is there.

The ATG missiles can be used from a farther range than the AA missiles. If a jet is playing even remotely smart, then they will win every time. And I've seen it plenty of times where I hit a jet with an AA missile and it didn't even go down and kept strafing, even have a video of me hitting one and it doing no visable me damage. 

Theres no good way to balance jets.  You've played plenty of strife you already know that whatever team had control of the air is the team that won, as the other team couldn't pull armor without getting blown up. Even halfing ATG and cannon ammo won't do anything.   Malden has been much more balanced and fun, the wars have been a lot more interesting and what is going on in the ground game is determining who wins, where Tanoa it was all about jets. 

Edited by Sheriff Rick Grimes
10 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Literally took out a tank and a AA vehicle easily with an AT turret. Not even comparable. 

The ATG missiles can be used from a farther range than the AA missiles. If a jet is playing even remotely smart, then they will win every time. And I've seen it plenty of times where I hit a jet with an AA missile and it didn't even go down and kept strafing, even have a video of me hitting one and it doing no visable me damage. 

Theres no good way to balance jets.  You've played plenty of strife you already know that whatever team had control of the air is the team that won, as the other team couldn't pull armor without getting blown up. Even halfing ATG and cannon ammo won't do anything.   Malden has been much more balanced and fun, the wars have been a lot more interesting and what is going on in the ground game is determining who wins, where Tanoa it was all about jets. 

Its just tanoa all over with tanks being OP instead of jets. Nerf them too?

25 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Fun? I mean getting camp at every Spawn location by a tank doesnt seem like fun... lol.

I mean I know its annoying with a jet too but the problem was if the enemy would just get 1 Anti air jet out against the Neophron you would pretty much lose the jet. Only a few did that and I and prolly more ppl lost a lot of money coz of this.

@bamf

Remove lock-on Anti Tank / Anti Air missiles from jets, and as other people said we need Anti Air for infantry.

Make it at-least somewhat costly to get Anti Air for infantry so people don't spam twenty launchers or rockets.

I believe this would fix a lot of the current issues however, restoring points are still an issue as you cannot restore anything while an enemy jet is up.

Also, tanks are ridiculously cheap, one paycheck covers almost the entire cost of a heavy tank, there's nearly no risk into buying one.

(Unless there are jets that can one shot you from a distance you can't even see)

Edited by Fesas River
2 hours ago, HomeTrlx said:

Fun? I mean getting camp at every Spawn location by a tank doesnt seem like fun... lol.

I mean I know its annoying with a jet too but the problem was if the enemy would just get 1 Anti air jet out against the Neophron you would pretty much lose the jet. Only a few did that and I and prolly more ppl lost a lot of money coz of this.

This is literally how easy it is.  Get killed by a tank?  Pick a close spawn and pull a static AT turret.  It's very easy.  Tanks are not a problem.  I could try and use the static AA turret until I am blue in the face, it is not going to shoot down a jet.  If jets could be taken down by static AA launchers and most importantly, the AA vehicle then nobody would want them removed.

3 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

They really don't though. Titans are easy to use and lock on relatively easily.

if you're having trouble with getting good AA locks I recommend working on your firing timing. Firing a rocket as the jet goes over means you've already missed as they have already passed you and your missle has to catch up to the jet. Easy to evade. 

4 minutes ago, Professor Pericles said:

They really don't though. Titans are easy to use and lock on relatively easily.

if you're having trouble with getting good AA locks I recommend working on your firing timing. Firing a rocket as the jet goes over means you've already missed as they have already passed you and your missle has to catch up to the jet. Easy to evade. 

I realize that.  The problem is that even if you set up at the right angle and have enough time to lock on and fire the jet will not go down in one hit consistantly.  Hell, I've hit quite a few jets with the static AA and none of them went down.  

Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I realize that.  The problem is that even if you set up at the right angle and have enough time to lock on and fire the jet will not go down in one hit consistantly.  Hell, I've hit quite a few jets with the static AA and none of them went down.  

Static aa in Arma is rough. I only have deceit experience with titans. I WANT those added

9 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

What's bad about that is they have thermals ( Which dunno if it can be removed, probably can ) and if you add an AA launcher, you are going to make helicopters 100% useless.

They can, just like tanks and static .50's etc. So no harm / no foul there.

i hear that. Helis are AA fodder for sure. But they (helicopters) are to jets too. I think the titan would balance a team of enemy jets so your team COULD pull helis.

13 hours ago, bamf said:

Are people mostly flying the UAVs from the airfields, out somewhere in the map, or a combination of both?  I'm trying to figure out the best way to do UAV re-arming.  The normal re-arm script has to have someone in the vehicle...

For the team balance stuff make it like king of the hill if you swap teams it will give you the amount of money you would have gotten if you stayed on the current team and won then proplr would swap for a chance at more money 

10 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Kinda an idea I was throwing around in my head was we have auto-team balancing.  However, if you do not want to be auto-team balanced then you would have to lock yourself to a side and you'd be locked on that side for a week or so.  

Not sure this would work, players seem to like one faction due to the type of ground and air attack vehicles. Maybe if teams are imbalanced rewards for the overstacked team would be reduced? 

24 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

What we need is more olio stream time!

Banning people left n right for afking, wiping accounts of proud rich strife people, getting that sway under control!

Might do some tonight if I feel better. My sway is getting better, just need to keep an eye on the weight better.

Midamaru and BlackShot like this

I would like to add some suggestion

• Need the seatbelt script in STRIFE as well
  • Make it so that when your hacking the comms you need to be in a certain radius of the box.I have seen so many people just Hack the comms move to another one hack that one and keep moving on.
  • Give engineers 1 claymore and one Mine.Too many people using mines on every cap they move to
  • Need more than one spawn location for vehicles. Seen many idiots leave their quads on the spawn point on a cap and other cant pull out a car.Happens on some points.
  • For some reason the Hummighbird does not get textured when it spawns.
  • Spawn timer increased so that Combat medics actually do something.Maybe add the same system you have on Life server that you use defibs on dead bodies rather than the ingame script for respawn
  • Sometimes when you get killed you instantly spawn back to the screen.Not sure if its suppose to be this way.
  • Team balancing is must 
  • Anti AFK scripts please
Edited by Silver-Spy

Hotfix 2:

• Added a "runway" of sorts on Malden for BluFor.  I'm still working on fixing the aircraft carrier, but let's see if this helps BluFor for now.  
  • Fixed a bug related to handing money to someone else (hopefully for real this time).
  • Fixed an exploit related to restoring capture points.
  • During periods of imbalance, you can no longer pull armor or aircraft.
  • Fixed a bug related to crew vehicle payouts.
  • Added the ability to re-arm on the OpFor ocean spawn on Malden
Google™, Silver-Spy, Sk7 and 1 other like this
4 minutes ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 2:

• Added a "runway" of sorts on Malden for BluFor.  I'm still working on fixing the aircraft carrier, but let's see if this helps BluFor for now.  
  • Fixed a bug related to handing money to someone else (hopefully for real this time).
  • Fixed an exploit related to restoring capture points.
  • During periods of imbalance, you can no longer pull armor or aircraft.
  • Fixed a bug related to crew vehicle payouts.

When teams are imbalanced can neither team pull aircraft or just the team with more people

Silver-Spy likes this