STRIFE Change Log 0.5.0

bamf

4 hours ago, bamf said:

nGKmwjj.png

Why not just add a carrier next to the blufor area that way people can't park cars on the runway to block people. I also think you can autoland on a carrier so it wouldn't cause people to go on opfor because they can't land manually.

For 8k an opfor crewman gets this (with a top speed of 91 km/h) latest?cb=20140211061206 but blufor gets this(with a top speed of 60 km/h) latest?cb=20140211014931

In all honesty both sides should have the same vehicles/loadouts available to them, there isn't nearly enough coordination on a team for vehicles to use their vehicle strengths/weaknesses properly. That or prices should be adjusted, the BTR-K should not cost only 8k. 

10 minutes ago, bamf said:

@Sean That Irish Guy I looked at the captures to see if I could find the one that doesn't allow vehicle spawns and couldn't find it.  If anyone finds it on Malden, please note the exact point and I'll dig into it further.  

I could have been just a once off thing then but if it happens again ill be sure to make proper note of which one it is.

- Repacking on strife would be nice

- an actual team balance system that doesn't ask "could you be a pal and switch teams? If not it's ok we will just let the other team have 40 players while you have 10".

- fix air garages so when there is imbalance you can't pull owned aircraft

- cuck these AFKers already

- make vehicles blow up when shot or grenade and allow for cleanup by engineers, to stop spawn blocking vehicles

Jake, Austin Dow, cHIP oTLE and 1 other like this
18 minutes ago, Olio said:

- Repacking on strife would be nice

- an actual team balance system that doesn't ask "could you be a pal and switch teams? If not it's ok we will just let the other team have 40 players while you have 10".

I can't agree more with repacking mags... As far as forcing people to switch teams, if this were to happen, there would need to be an allotted amount of time for players to store vehicles etc or auto-store them like an impoundment on the life servers, that way players don't lose what could be a considerable chunk of money depending on what vehicle they have out that could be stolen/blown up

3 minutes ago, <Jake> said:

I can't agree more with repacking mags... As far as forcing people to switch teams, if this were to happen, there would need to be an allotted amount of time for players to store vehicles etc or auto-store them like an impoundment on the life servers, that way players don't lose what could be a considerable chunk of money depending on what vehicle they have out that could be stolen/blown up

I think that can all be accounted for, you get a stimulus for switching. What it should do is auto kick the AFKers and force them to switch sides. 

Just now, Olio said:

I think that can all be accounted for, you get a stimulus for switching. What it should do is auto kick the AFKers and force them to switch sides. 

All that stops is end game bonus if they're team wins. They will just join back and afk on the other team

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

This isn't strife anymore when u took jets lol and changed maps and then now planning to remove tanks.....

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

Jets you removed jets...

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

Can realistic flying be taken off please Normal flying is just easier, The realstic sim flying is just way too hard and u are needed to make hot-keys for it. 

Sheriff Rick Grimes likes this
Just now, Fesas River said:

@Olio

Do we just poke you on TeamSpeak the names of those who have been afking for more than an hour?

I think a Hap is handling that. Jk admins have been in game a lot so they have been watching, send an admin message.

HapHazard likes this
17 minutes ago, Olio said:

*rolls eyes*

22 minutes ago, Tusken Raider said:

Don't see anything here saying afking is not ok. 

I do,

"Administrators have the right to place bans for things that are not necessarily written that we feel to be toxic or threatening to the community." "Knowingly using a bug or glitch to your advantage or another's detriment is not allowed"

Imagine how toxic life would be to play if everybody could get infinite money for just afking. It's obviously not intended to be a feature, so by abusing it you're just asking to be penalised.

Just now, Legit said:

I do,

"Administrators have the right to place bans for things that are not necessarily written that we feel to be toxic or threatening to the community." "Knowingly using a bug or glitch to your advantage or another's detriment is not allowed"

Imagine how toxic life would be to play if everybody could get infinite money for just afking. It's obviously not intended to be a feature, so by abusing it you're just asking to be penalised.

Sir this is the strife patch note logs not the grey area rules FAQ. Please get back on topic @HapHazard make him go back on topic or you'll lock the thread. ty.

Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Rotorlib isn't even hard when stress damage is off.  Don't make it so obvious that you just want to go back to an easy way to spawn rape people

If more people had the ability to fly which most people do without rotorlib im sure we would see a lot more people flying jets and helicopters. So airspace would always be contested. You Only get spawn killed by jets and helis because only a few people know how to fly with rotorlib and they all hold hands.

3 hours ago, bamf said:

Are people mostly flying the UAVs from the airfields, out somewhere in the map, or a combination of both?  I'm trying to figure out the best way to do UAV re-arming.  The normal re-arm script has to have someone in the vehicle...

Why dont you place a permanent ammo truck in the spawn that cant be destroyed or despawn and just have people go next to it and re-arm? Also when you store vehicles they come out with half ammo ie. tanks, jets, helis, .50's, UAV's. etc.

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy
Mitch (IFRIT), Steve and Jake like this
Just now, bamf said:

Going back to the topic of jets on Tanoa:  

What if we increased the cost, and removed countermeasures.  Would that make it more balanced?  Do I also need to bring in other forms of AA?

This is another step in the right direction. The main issue is that lock on AA doesn't seem to work well because of the jets sheer speed and how high they can fly while strafing.

Just now, bamf said:

Going back to the topic of jets on Tanoa:  

What if we increased the cost, and removed countermeasures.  Would that make it more balanced?  Do I also need to bring in other forms of AA?

if countermeasures are removed there is no point in having jets, as any rocket would be a 100% hit, meaning 90k+ down the drain, you can half the amount of flares available to the Jets, but removing them would be the same as just removing jets. also tanoa is just a bad map for combating jets overall, there is too much clutter jets can use to break locks, such as mountians and jungle