STRIFE Change Log 0.5.0

bamf

Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Not as upset as your parents when they found out that you look for approval from people on the internet

:pogchamp: you savage

Seriously though, why do you need that 20k paycheck so badly when you can still make tons of money spawn killing people with a 12man group and win the war.

I  think that the majority of the people on strife are only playing for the absurd money they can make.

Bamf only nerfed a small part of that whole income and everyone goes nuts as if the server is being shut down for no reason.

Just now, Midamaru said:

:pogchamp: you savage

Seriously though, why do you need that 20k paycheck so badly when you can still make tons of money spawn killing people with a 12man group and win the war.

I  think that the majority of the people on strife are only playing for the absurd money they can make.

Bamf only nerfed a small part of that whole income and everyone goes nuts as if the server is being shut down for no reason.

Money groups aren't a thing anymore.

And even with the 20k paychecks, even if I did shipwrecks the same amount of time I played strife, I would have doubled my money.  Strife is just more fun.  There were better steps that could've been taken, strife is a good gamemode and it doesn't deserve to die over stupid shit.  I would've addressed team balance and the fact that restoring points that have been hacked over eight minutes still will not restore far before shit like this.

Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Money groups aren't a thing anymore.

And even with the 20k paychecks, even if I did shipwrecks the same amount of time I played strife, I would have doubled my money.  Strife is just more fun.  There were better steps that could've been taken, strife is a good gamemode and it doesn't deserve to die over stupid shit.  I would've addressed team balance and the fact that restoring points that have been hacked over eight minutes still will not restore far before shit like this.

Why aren't money groups a thing anymore?

Strife should be profitable for people that do their best, i think players with captured bases/restored bases and that play for a large duration of a war should be rewarded more than some dude sitting in a tank/jet spawnkilling the last capture point. Strife should definitly get as less buggy as possible but idk if bamf can do all that, paratus seems to have deserted it instantly.

1 hour ago, bamf said:

Because I fixed two obvious and game breaking bugs?

So the money from groups and 20k paychecks where bugs? Because unfortunately thats what most people played for. I understand of there was some bug i wasnt aware of that was fixed but to completely remove them both when one was there from the first day? Kind of excessive. 

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy
Xehons and Nightfury like this

I can tell you right now if you don't get money for kills or the 20k anymore, strife is basically gonna die, nobody will play it...

You can simply add a script that kicks you... Below I have pasted you a simple afk script, you can set the timer however you please..

Add the 20k back

_name = name player;
while { hasInterface } do {
    _lastpos = getPosATL player
    _c = 0;
    sleep 60;
    while { (getPosATL player) isEqualTo _lastpos } do {
        _c = _c+1;
        switch _c do 
        {
            case 5: 
            {
                player systemChat (_name + " you have not moved for 5 minutes and will be kicked if stationary for another 10.");
            };
            case 10: 
            {
                player systemChat (_name + " you have not moved for 10 minutes and will be kicked if stationary for another 5.");
            };
            case 14: 
            {
                player systemChat (_name + " you have not moved for 14 minutes and will be kicked if stationary for another 1.");
            };
            case 15: 
            {
                player systemChat (_name + " you have not moved for 15 minutes and are being kicked.");
                sleep 5;
                ("#kick " + profileName) remoteExec ["serverCommand", 2];
            };            
        };
        sleep 60;
    };
};

Just now, Gnashes said:

If people don't want to play without being able to make ridiculous amounts of money, we're okay with that.

Not just strife that will die. Gang life finally started picking back up. I personally think people having lots of money to spend helped. The past few weeks there have been days where almost 3 full groups of players were fighting. Gangs pulled ifrits and kept coming back. I understand strife money was too easy. But I think what its shown is that loadouts are too expensive right now. 

Xehons and JAY1HP like this
47 minutes ago, Xehons said:

This entire strife update is fucked and @tryhardsqueaker is right because of strife I buy full load outs and have no regret of dying with a full load out because I know I can make it back by playing strife please reconsider this update strife was litterly booming because of paychecks and groups I thought those were features everyone did just reconsider your decision @bamf

The fact is you don't care about Strife, the majority don't care about Strife.

You and the rest care about the free money coming from Strife by doing nothing.

You'll jerk off and make free money which you'll spend on stupid shit on Life and come back to Strife not to play the game mode but to make money.

Strife has nearly the same numbers as before, the only reason it was 70+ was that there were at least 10+ afkers on each team.

Hell, most of the time it was more around 15 afkers on each team at least. ( if the server population was above 80 )

@DeepHouse

Buy a loadout that requires less than 2.000, a single cap or two kills already makes it even.

Heck, if you win you'll earn way more than your loadout cost, as for tanks they're ridiculously cheap just be careful and sit 1500M away and spawn kill if you want money.

I shouldn't have to tell you this, as this is basic knowledge on how to play Strife.

@JAY1HP

People will just stick something between a key so they keep on moving.

Before you say Admins could get on and just kick/ban those types of people.

Goodluck getting an Admin on to ban people who purposely afk for 10 hours, I know multiple people who tried and didn't get a response.

The majority of afkers were people in clans who don't care about Strife and were just there to afk for hours on end so they can do fuck all in the Life servers.

Please have some sort of map rotation, as I've said earlier people are getting burned out from the Malden map, as it's quite boring to play over and over again.

@Kazem Al-Saher Morning for EU, Late night / early morning for NA. 

C'mon bro.

- Passionate Strife player

Edited by Fesas River
Midamaru likes this
Just now, Fesas River said:

The fact is you don't care about Strife, the majority don't care about Strife.

You and the rest care about the free money coming from Strife by doing nothing.

You'll jerk off and make free money which you'll spend on stupid shit on Life and come back to Strife not to play the game mode but to make money.

Strife has nearly the same numbers as before, the only reason it was 70+ was that there were at least 10+ afkers on each team.

Hell, most of the time it was more around 15 afkers on each team at least. ( if the server population was above 80 )

@DeepHouse

Buy a loadout that requires less than 2.000, a single cap or two kills already makes it even.

Heck, if you win you'll earn way more than your loadout cost, as for tanks they're ridiculously cheap just be careful and sit 1500M away and spawn kill if you want money.

I shouldn't have to tell you this, as this is basic knowledge on how to play Strife.

@JAY1HP

People will just stick something between a key so they keep on moving.

Before you say Admins could get on and just kick/ban those types of people.

Goodluck getting an Admin on to ban people who purposely afk for 10 hours, I know multiple people who tried and didn't get a response.

The majority of afkers were people in clans who don't care about Strife and were just there to afk for hours on end so they can do fuck all in the Life servers.

Please have some sort of map rotation, as I've said earlier people are getting burned out from the Malden map, as it's quite boring to play over and over again.

@Kazem Al-Saher Morning for EU, Late night / early morning for NA. 

C'mon bro.

- Passionate Strife player

You're dumb 

DeepHouse likes this
4 hours ago, JAY1HP said:

I can tell you right now if you don't get money for kills or the 20k anymore, strife is basically gonna die, nobody will play it...

You can simply add a script that kicks you... Below I have pasted you a simple afk script, you can set the timer however you please..

Add the 20k back

_name = name player;
while { hasInterface } do {
    _lastpos = getPosATL player
    _c = 0;
    sleep 60;
    while { (getPosATL player) isEqualTo _lastpos } do {
        _c = _c+1;
        switch _c do 
        {
            case 5: 
            {
                player systemChat (_name + " you have not moved for 5 minutes and will be kicked if stationary for another 10.");
            };
            case 10: 
            {
                player systemChat (_name + " you have not moved for 10 minutes and will be kicked if stationary for another 5.");
            };
            case 14: 
            {
                player systemChat (_name + " you have not moved for 14 minutes and will be kicked if stationary for another 1.");
            };
            case 15: 
            {
                player systemChat (_name + " you have not moved for 15 minutes and are being kicked.");
                sleep 5;
                ("#kick " + profileName) remoteExec ["serverCommand", 2];
            };            
        };
        sleep 60;
    };
};

Wont work

Strife's development leans entirely on bamf, which i hope would rather focus on the 8.x patches than trying to fix a gamemode that will get deserted if it doesn't make you rich. It could've been something big, i honestly thought that the game mode was unique and great to play if every bug would've been fixed. Bamf wasn't even in on creating it and it's just being left in his hands to keep it running with a shit ton of problems he can't possibly fix all by himself.

@Paratus has done a couple of things to just put something out there and then completely leave it up to it's faith.. kind of a bad move coming from someone who is creating his standalone game. I sure as hell won't be suprised if he'd just ditch identity if it starts to flop.

If you guys wanna be pissed, look further than just the guy who took away your paychecks and try to understand how this all even happened.

ok so i understand the bug of earning all the extra extra cash but the 20k thing was not that bad  there has to be some money making otherwise its pointless too play and youll end up spending more money than you make..and if @Gnashes you have nothing to do with strife and want nothing to do with it then why are you on here saying what's going to happen to strife?

Just now, JAY1HP said:

ok so i understand the bug of earning all the extra extra cash but the 20k thing was not that bad  there has to be some money making otherwise its pointless too play and youll end up spending more money than you make..and if @Gnashes you have nothing to do with strife and want nothing to do with it then why are you on here saying what's going to happen to strife?

There is rewards for capping, restoring & making kills. If you die too often you can always go with the default loadout :) A quadbike aint a bad vehicle to use either, only costs 50$.

7 hours ago, Patrick Swayze2.0 said:

Is it any good with jets?

Its great, I've switched from the Logitech 3D Pro to the X56 Rhino and the switch was great, So many buttons to use x3 cause you have 3 modes to use, It handles amazingly and together with that it has interchangeable springs so you can choose how "stiff" you want the joystick to be when moving around.

1314778158.jpeg 9200000057865374.jpg

Professor Pericles likes this
1 minute ago, Tusken Raider said:

Where are you getting these numbers from? How can you make millions a day if it takes over 24 hours to get paid.

It didn't take 24 hours to get paid for Strife - the process looks to see if a game is over every 15 minutes, and then makes the payouts for that.  Hap is talking about the Strife draft rewards which were paying out more frequently than they were supposed to (to the tune of about 15x more than they were supposed to).  

I mean people stopped duping in Life to AFK in Strife - doesn't that tell you that it was broken?

Midamaru and The Ivan like this
4 minutes ago, bamf said:

It didn't take 24 hours to get paid for Strife - the process looks to see if a game is over every 15 minutes, and then makes the payouts for that.  Hap is talking about the Strife draft rewards which were paying out more frequently than they were supposed to (to the tune of about 15x more than they were supposed to).  

I mean people stopped duping in Life to AFK in Strife - doesn't that tell you that it was broken?

As of last night I haven't been paid for a match over 2 days ago when I logged off while we were spawn camping unless 101 kills equals 30k. The next night I got off after winning a match 2nd on our team leaderboards and still haven't been paid. It'd also be nice to have some other things working like crew members getting paid for kills, sometimes destroying drones or choppers does not pay, or disabling a heli and it crashes with no pay.

Edited by Tusken Raider
Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
7 hours ago, tryhardsqueaker said:

Not just strife that will die. Gang life finally started picking back up. I personally think people having lots of money to spend helped. The past few weeks there have been days where almost 3 full groups of players were fighting. Gangs pulled ifrits and kept coming back. I understand strife money was too easy. But I think what its shown is that loadouts are too expensive right now. 

#MakeStrifeGreatAgain

Bring back the fucking paychecks, deal with the AFKers (I’m not afraid to report AFKers to admin thru in-game messaging)

Yes, I played Strife for the paychecks,  but I DID SHIT while earning those paychecks.  I really enjoy the game-Mode, but if I’m gonna pass up on money-making in life, to play strife for a bit, I want it to be more worth my while...

Put up an option for team vote to kick the AFKers... ezpz 

DeepHouse likes this
2 minutes ago, Callum G said:

Maybe instead of removing paychecks entirely, lower them considerably. Oh, and put an afk timer in ffs, somone posted one in here somewhere.

Im not sure you have read anything in this thread....  They were lowered considerably....

Just now, HotWings said:

Im not sure you have read anything in this thread....  They were lowered considerably....

Not really lowered, "fixed" as in, you get the notification on altis, then go on strife. And its hella inconsistent. It was definitely op, but this was too much.