Asylum Life Legacy Servers

This was brought up in a thread by @TheRealLethal so credit to him.

I think it would be awesome if it is even possible nowadays to add a server pre-governor patch. I am not quite sure how viable it would be at all but I think it would be really interesting to actually see what the community would think about it. Also if it is viable I think a large majority of the community would fine even with a donation goal I think we just want to love and play Asylum again, we might talk shit about it but this is our home and we love it. Like I said I don't even know if this is possible what so ever but I'd like to see if the community would be interested in this and see what the developers think. We all just want Asylum to be an awesome full and thriving community once again so please just hear me out on this one thing. 

EDIT: It doesn't seem like it's possible, we tried boys. Also for convenience sake here is what Gnashes said: lrWVyLk.png

Edited by Carson
Just now, Carson said:

This was brought up into a thread by @TheRealLethal so credit to him.

I think it would be awesome if it is even possible nowadays to add a server pre-governor patch. I am not quite sure how viable it would be at all but I think it would be really interesting to actually see what the community would think about it. Also if it is viable I think a large majority of the community would fine even with a donation goal I think we just want to love and play Asylum again, we might talk shit about it but this is our home and we love it. Like I said I don't even know if this is possible what so ever but I'd like to see if the community would be interested in this and see what the developers think. We all just want Asylum to be an awesome full and thriving community once again so please just hear me out on this one thing.

+1

39 minutes ago, Carson said:

EDIT: It doesn't seem like it's possible, we tried boys. Also for convenience sake here is what Gnashes said: lrWVyLk.png

You think you do, but you don't.

1 hour ago, Carson said:

naw scrap this idea, Stratis pre 6.0 is the better idea

3 hours ago, explicit said:

Just use the fifth server to host this - all it's been used for in the past is hosting garbage that has no player-base and gets taken down within a few months (Tanoa, Strife, etc.). 

At least we can pretty much guarantee that this would have dedicated players.

The only issue is that 95% of players would only want to play on that server.

Steve and Krypton:) like this
8 hours ago, Gnashes said:

It wouldn't be possible. Database structure / server files have been completely changed since then and I'm pretty sure we don't have backups from that far away ago.

It is absolutely possible...If it was something you came up with and wanted to do it would be done already...Rebuild the mission files and change certain things god forbid to make Asylum how the community wants it

Krypton:) likes this
28 minutes ago, Rappy said:

I'm sure it's possible, with some careful looking you can found the scripts of all the servers you have ever played in date ascending order. Basically, whenever you join a server it says "Downloading mission cache" or whatever right? Well that goes into a folder found in %AppData%. They're all there, including the ones from the old Asylum, I even found the Stratis Life (#FreeStratis) from years ago. With permission to use these scripts from the asylum devs we could in theory make our own asylum server that was pre 6.0.0. However since they are very old they will only work with whatever framework asylum uses, Altis Life 3.0 for example (not sure if they use Altis Life framework or custom). The server would be a fresh wipe as player data is serverside, but I'm sure it's possible

Doesn't mean they backed the database/files up for certain things. If what you're saying was the solution then I could take the file and reopen the old Asylum...but it doesn't just work that way

Just now, Rappy said:

It does, my mate opened the map and all the scripts it's just the same as the old asylum. I could make a server that hosts the old asylum in just a few hours if I wanted to, but I don't have permission as of current. Doubt I will tbh

Ummm....what about ALL the server side scripts and what not? I guarantee something won't work but maybe I'm wrong. It's been tried before

16 minutes ago, Rappy said:

That's the issue, we can make it work with a bit of editing to it though I'm sure. Also, for what it's worth, the China gang stole all of asylums scripts and it works perfectly. The main obstacle would be making the old Asylum work with the current arma, or you could just take the current asylum and edit it so that all the changes are reverted back to pre 6.0

Here's a personal conspiracy theory of mine. Perhaps Paratus sold the life files (database schema included) to the Chinese server administrator. Even with the server scripts, which may or may not have been leaked, you would have to build a database that matches almost 100%. That includes a ton of really tedious work and a lot of guessing of data types. In addition, there's several stored procedures in the database, which functionality you would have to invent based on very little information.

It would make a lot of sense for him to sell the files. The Chinese were a plague on the servers. They barely spoke any English and always got banned for various exploits while easily ban evading. Why not get rid of 95% of them while making a bit of easy money? Besides, the server files would be outdated in a couple of months anyway.

Of course anyne who knows about this (probably just Paratus), will deny it. Wouldn't want people to contact the Chinese asking to buy their setup and perhaps create a competitor to Asylum.

LmO7eW7.gif

Edited by Bikstok

Well i think we all got to the stage where its pretty much spread thin and nobody is really bothered now 

all im going to keep saying is revert things back to the way it use to be to try make asylum a little popular

No group cap

No rotor lib on tarus ( add back the bench )

Revert changes from drug running ( Fixed locations ) 

Revert changes with cartel money ( Straight into bank account or make it after 100k it will then go into account )

15 minutes ago, Rappy said:

That's the issue, we can make it work with a bit of editing to it though I'm sure. Also, for what it's worth, the China gang stole all of asylums scripts and it works perfectly. The main obstacle would be making the old Asylum work with the current arma, or you could just take the current asylum and edit it so that all the changes are reverted back to pre 6.0

True I forgot about the Chinese, but not sure how much database reworking or anything they had to do

Just now, Smee said:

Well i think we all got to the stage where its pretty much spread thin and nobody is really bothered now 

all im going to keep saying is revert things back to the way it use to be to try make asylum a little popular

No group cap

No rotor lib on tarus ( add back the bench )

Revert changes from drug running ( Fixed locations ) 

Revert changes with cartel money ( Straight into bank account or make it after 100k it will then go into account )

We've been saying this for years why don't they realize they could literally do very little work for the next update, just revert everything we want and people will come back

TheRealLethal likes this

well i missed all the fucking fun

i know im late as shit, but isnt it possible to just take the current database structure and server files and just hit backspace on some of the autism that has been implemented (group cap, cartels not autopaying, feds, prisons, rotor scripts) you guys spend hours coming up with new shit, it cant be that hard to just try to recreate the old. just give me the original cartel system, no group cap, Pyrgos prison with the big fucking towers, only give cops 6.5. and i promise you have a full server 24/7

@Gnashes

Edited by TheRealLethal
Carson and Azeh like this
7 minutes ago, TheRealLethal said:

well i missed all the fucking fun

i know im late as shit, but isnt it possible to just take the current database structure and server files and just hit backspace on some of the autism that has been implemented (group cap, cartels not autopaying, feds, prisons, rotor scripts) you guys spend hours coming up with new shit, it cant be that hard to just try to recreate the old. just give me the original cartel system, no group cap, Pyrgos prison with the big fucking towers, only give cops 6.5. and i promise you have a full server 24/7

@Gnashes

Do you expect that they will do that after so much work? Some things can be done doh