9 hours ago, KrazyKnight said:

Maybe I'm reading too much into this. Could you go more in depth as to why you don't like the idea? I mean sure, it's another place to fight but it'll bring something new to the table. I'm open to the idea, and any new ideas about this topic really.

What's new about fighting for a pile of loot?  Whether it be gold bars or guns? Its just another means to to force a fight.  Another fight wont fix Asylum, its just going to take it further down the path of no RP.  Like yea, it sounds cool, but there is literally no point to it. 

9 hours ago, Google™ said:

Asylum needs the evidence lockup to survive.

Asylum doesnt need another fight to survive, Asylum needs players that actually want to be in the RP environment and stop trying to turn it into wasteland.

When i first started playing you could get someone to RP for 25 minutes about why he robbed a gas station, now I can watch you rob someone, shoot them, and try to run from cops and claim "self defense" and scream and cry like a baby when the cop who watched you do what you did doesn't believe you self defended against someone who literally just spawned. 

You want to fix Asylum, you need people to fix their attitudes first.

Edited by HotWings
crewsk8200, bum41 and Google™ like this
3 hours ago, Google™ said:

Just be open minded @KrazyKnight

I am open minded about the topic at hand. I'm not shutting anyone down entirely or just saying no.

17 minutes ago, HotWings said:

What's new about fighting for a pile of loot?  Whether it be gold bars or guns? Its just another means to to force a fight.  Another fight wont fix Asylum, its just going to take it further down the path of no RP.  Like yea, it sounds cool, but there is literally no point to it. 

You want to fix Asylum, you need people to fix their attitudes first.

I can see where you're coming from when it comes to focusing more into role-play, but you must remember that this is a lite role-play server. Off the top of my head I can already think of a role-play reason for doing said break in, that being that my rook was seized unlawfully being an example. If anything it'll have the potential to create more room for RP rather than being a generic fight. End of the day however, it's down to the player to RP with what they have on hand; This is just giving another option.

32 minutes ago, KrazyKnight said:

I am open minded about the topic at hand. I'm not shutting anyone down entirely or just saying no.

I can see where you're coming from when it comes to focusing more into role-play, but you must remember that this is a lite role-play server. Off the top of my head I can already think of a role-play reason for doing said break in, that being that my rook was seized unlawfully being an example. If anything it'll have the potential to create more room for RP rather than being a generic fight. End of the day however, it's down to the player to RP with what they have on hand; This is just giving another option.

Ive been in this community for almost 5 years, and as far as I can remember besides myself, no one I have encountered has actually roleplayed as to why they were doing what they were doing.  Light RP or heavy RP makes no difference, if you continue to implement features that are purely fighting and pull from however light the RP is, you are counter intuitive to what the servers roots are.  People have take light RP and decided that means wasteland with speeding tickets. 

Edited by HotWings