Should First-Person view be forced in Cartel zones?

Should first-person view be forced in cartel zones?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Should first-person view be forced in cartel zones?

• No
    • Yes

5 minutes ago, Buttercup said:

That is not true at all, not even a tad bit true, most of the locations that cops are fighting yes they are being offensive, but simple an Orca in the air is going to give all of the benefits of third person right back into the rebels hand. Also as you stated, we are already lining the shots up, at the feds and prison breaks we are already just scoped in most of the time. Third person being taken away changes nothing for us. 

I hate to be mean, but I actually just lost IQ points reading this... 

Now lets get back on track and look at the suggestions in this thread. Motown suggested 1st person only in cartels, Jaylen counter offered a tight 3rd party perspective restricting the abuse of the 3rd party system everywhere...  He took Motowns narrow suggestion and offered a mass suggestion for all, equally nerfing all people not just rebels in a cartel zone.

How this even became a cops v rebels argument baffles me.  Plis stop with your petty arguements and talk about the actual issue at hand.

Jaylen Sarrett likes this
3 minutes ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

i think it would be the opposite, it would be harder to defend as rebels would have to peak and expose themselves more...

can you explain how it would make attacking harder? because as i said, i think it would be the complete opposite.

I see your point, but you have to realize that the defenders wouldn't be sitting behind cover while defending. They would be hard-aiming locations, where the attackers could approach from. Much like how combat in CS works. Except running and shooting in 1st person in Arma is much more difficult.

Edited by Bikstok
Atmosphere likes this
Just now, Bikstok said:

I see your point, but you have to realize that the defenders wouldn't be sitting behind cover while defending. They would hard-aim locations, where the attackers could approach from. Much like how combat in CS works. Except running and shooting in 1st person in Arma is much more difficult.

No one hard peeks unless they're bad. Most people pop up and shoot because 3rd person is so OP, especially from an elevated position.

Jaylen Sarrett likes this
22 minutes ago, Outlander said:

If anything cops would have a more fair fighting experience. Cops 99% of the time are on the offensive side of a battle. The defensive side on Asylum benefits most from 3rd person as they can use it to peek over obstacles to line up a shot before peeking or use it to see if someone is pushing without peeking. Having forced 1st person would make fights more fair.

?????????????????????????

Cops make the fight more "even" by coming back to a situation 92 times. I've only seen a few higher ups who know when it's time to accept the rebels have won the fight. Also this thread is about cartels, it has nothing to do with cops.

Edited by Quenton
7 minutes ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

i think it would be the opposite, it would be harder to defend as rebels would have to peak and expose themselves more...

can you explain how it would make attacking harder? because as i said, i think it would be the complete opposite.

the rest i agree with, a trial period where it's forced on everyone, not just cartels would be good start.

You know there is a thing called "Headglitching" right? You can basicly always hardaim and your opponent will have a real hard time (especially in 1st person) to spot you (and shoot you)  This would be so fucking overpowered in first-person for defenders to use if people are attacking a certain area.

Edited by Buvaloz
Atmosphere and Rodrigo like this
Just now, Buvaloz said:

You know there is a thing called "Headglitching" right? You can basicly always hardaim and you'r opponent will have a real hard time (especially in 1st person) to spot you (and shoot you)  This would be so fucking overpowered in first-person for defenders to use if people are attacking a certain area.

you can do this with both perspectives, if it was so much better than glitch peaking in third person, why don't they do that now? 

and how would forcing first person make this any worse? again, you can already do it.

2 minutes ago, Quenton said:

?????????????????????????

Cops make the fight more "even" by coming back to a situation 92 times. I've only seen a few higher ups who know when it's time to accept the rebels have won the fight. Also this thread is about cartels, it has nothing to do with cops.

I only mentioned cops in reply to what Buttercup said :P

Just now, Jaylen Sarrett said:

you can do this with both perspectives, if it was so much better than glitch peaking in third person, why don't they do that now? 

and how would forcing first person make this any worse? again, you can already do it.

Both perspectives as in attacking/defending a cartel? No because if you are attacking you are also fighting against time which makes you expose yourself ALOT more.
What do you mean "Why don't they do it now?". Have you been playing the server past 6 months? I already stated in my first post why it would be worse.

2 minutes ago, Buvaloz said:

Both perspectives as in attacking/defending a cartel? No because if you are attacking you are also fighting against time which makes you expose yourself ALOT more.
What do you mean "Why don't they do it now?". Have you been playing the server past 6 months? I already stated in my first post why it would be worse.

no, both perspectives as in third and first person...

if head glitching is so much better in first person than third person, how does forcing first person make it any worse? 

you can already head glitch in both first and third...

Edited by Jaylen Sarrett
7 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Did you read what I wrote? I was disagreeing with him... FFS stop being toxic.

You misread my statement. I was saying that hard-aiming would be more viable when everyone was forced to 1st person only, thus making defending easier. You can't exactly defend by sitting in cover and popping up to shoot if you don't have 3rd person..

In any case, the benefits and disadvantages of 1st person only is kind of irrelevant. If the admins truly want to determine the effects, they simply have to implement the change for a trial period. I just strongly dislike the idea of it being cartel zones only. Seems like this thread is just filled with yay-sayers who couldn't name five spots for arms dealer if their lives depended on it.

Edited by Bikstok
Atmosphere and Quenton like this

The thread should get locked, most input that can possibly given has been. 

-no reason to only consider this for cartels

-no reason why people who don't fight cartels are allowes to give input

-poll should be for trial

-undoubtedly make defending easier

-3rd person is more enjoyable for most

The rest of the thread (mostly) is just off topic Civ v Cop. 

Just now, Jaylen Sarrett said:

no, both perspectives as in third and first person... you misread what i said, now stop insulting and re-read it again.

Im not realy insulting anyone.

Spotting a player "headglitching" in first person is realy hard because you have to expose yourself in order to spot someone doing this. Meaning you will probably be dead before you see him/her.

Don't force players to play a certain way. Like people already stated, make server 5 a first person server if anything.

Just now, Bikstok said:

You misread my statement. I was saying that hard-aiming would be more viable when everyone was forced to 1st person only, thus making defending easier. You can't exactly defend by sitting in cover and popping up to shoot if you don't have 3rd person..

In any case, the benefits and disadvantages of 1st person only is kind of irrelevant. If the admins truly want to determine the effects, they simply have to implement the change for a trial period. I just strong dislike the idea of it being cartel zones only. Seems like this thread is just filled with yay-sayers who couldn't name five spots for arms dealer if their lives depended on it.

Correct, I thought you said they were already doing that :|  

Anyways, I like what Jaylen said about the A3L style 3rd person, you can still have it, but its not like a drone 20 feet over you at all times, its like a bird on your shoulder instead.

Olivia and Jaylen Sarrett like this
1 hour ago, Buttercup said:

No, to OP.

If first person was here all the time, we would have a million cops crying about how much harder it is to play the game vs rebels, the cops are already bad enough without having the crutch of third person, if we took that away from them they would stand little to no chance anymore on these servers. No offence but the cops complaining in this thread are the cops who are already complaining that it's to hard to fight rebels now, and always saying rebels are OP.  Yet they want to make this change ? Lol. 

Cops are banned from cartels, soooo why would you reference cops at all? Did you read OP?

Honestly I don't think 1st person only is going to add any incentive for any new or smaller gangs so in reality, you should only be considering the opinion of people who actually fight the cartels daily. 

I feel like changing cartels to 1st person only would alienate such a large amount of the gang player base which, as previously mentioned, are really struggling for incentive to fight there anyway. I think Buvaloz and Bikstok have covered a lot of why its a bad idea. 

I'd love to know how these ideas get thrown about. The last question put out was about gang cap, which had a sense of logic about it. This one seems like it was just thrown out there on a whim. 

No offence Motown but i don't believe you are a active cartel fighter and you need to realize that a lot of other admins aren't either so you need to be careful with who you are listening to when ideas like this are presented. 

Edited by Inquisitor
35 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Correct, I thought you said they were already doing that :|  

Anyways, I like what Jaylen said about the A3L style 3rd person, you can still have it, but its not like a drone 20 feet over you at all times, its like a bird on your shoulder instead.

Id rather play first person than that CG cancer. 

Absolutely no reason to change this for cartels, or even the whole server. Most players are against it, and I'm gonna have to say, no thanks. -1

Edited by The Boss

It is not like it was implemented, it is simply a poll to see where the community would stand on the issue.  If you like the idea you vote yes, and if you want give your input, and vice versa.  This is a community so i feel all people should have a right to voice their opinions no matter what side they stand on.  That being said, -1 for me.  I do like the idea of a server 5 first person, but i never liked stratis to begin with.

Olivia likes this