Change Log 6.6.3

Paratus

4 minutes ago, Inquisitor said:

Just logged in, drug cartel is coke castle...do people actually like the most one-sided cartel location? 

At least progression has been made! Good job. 

The cartel locations are random.  Your server just got the old main cocaine cartel location.  The one NW of there is gone now.  

S1 has the new location up right now though...

4 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

You guys are seeing it wrong, i believe the cartel will be fortified so the "capturing gang" will have a better chance of winning.

This way a worse gang have a chance to beat the better ones, fights will become dynamical as terain keeps changing.

So basically if you always want to have the cartel, the capturing gang will at some point have a great advantage thus being more balanced to break that streak.

Like a counter "Hot streak" mechanism against dominant gangs

When defending you are already had a huge advantage, you can see it at banks, feds, and prison breaks. Why make it even  better? Why should inexperienced gangs be put on the same level to gangs will experience.(taking out the skill curve imo) And if this is there idea of a new money sink I think it will work. Just means more suicide vest being bought   

19 minutes ago, Paratus said:

• The longer you hold a capture point, the better the defensive fortifications will become! They will upgrade each restart where a gang held the area for the entire duration.

Tbh this doesn't help the gang who owns the cartels. Majority of the time the gang who owns the point are attacking their own cartel to defend it. So it helps the opposite gang more than the gang that owns it. Unless you want the whole gang to sit there and wait patiently till someone wants to attack it.

2 minutes ago, bamf said:

The cartel locations are random.  Your server just got the old main cocaine cartel location.  The one NW of there is gone now.  

S1 has the new location up right now though...

I'm more than familiar with the cartel system. I was just referring to the fact that if you removed the locations people didn't like, why on earth didn't you remove that one spot too, hence my question...Do people actually like it?? I know a lot of people who hate it most gangs wont fight there either. 

1 minute ago, Inquisitor said:

I'm more than familiar with the cartel system. I was just referring to the fact that if you removed the locations people didn't like, why on earth didn't you remove that one spot too, hence my question...Do people actually like it?? I know a lot of people who hate it most gangs wont fight there either. 

There was enough mixed reaction on that one to keep it - for now.

I don't really understand why people always want things easy as fuck. I like that cartel thing. There are a lot of people in need of expire to enter to a big gang and/or small gangs to take place in the server. This update helps them both. 

Come on the big gangs are BIG it would be almost imposible to small/new gangs to capture a cartel despite the fortifications. The gangs that "perma-hold" cartels will outnumber this gangs.

Give them a shot to new people they also want to have fun.

TL;DR: Stop asking for things to get easier for expirienced players and give new players a chance.

4 minutes ago, TwinCities said:

I don't really understand why people always want things easy as fuck. I like that cartel thing. There are a lot of people in need of expire to enter to a big gang and/or small gangs to take place in the server. This update helps them both. 

Come on the big gangs are BIG it would be almost imposible to small/new gangs to capture a cartel despite the fortifications. The gangs that "perma-hold" cartels will outnumber this gangs.

Give them a shot to new people they also want to have fun.

TL;DR: Stop asking for things to get easier for expirienced players and give new players a chance.

Due to the group limit actually most "BIG" gangs are just fighting with 10-15 people.

Often i see the 10 or less, but sometimes you just have unnamed snipers laying around.

ok

so the way you described this addition to the cartel for gangs that own it for multiple restarts

is an incentive to want people to capture your cartel

because if you dont

then when you are fighting if you held it for a long time

the gang who is taking your cartel will have all your fortifications

aka if you hold the cartel for long you will have a harder time stopping people from capturing

was this intended? Your explanation made it sound like a good thing for keeping the cartel yours.

edit: 

the new cartel location is not that good, i would rather fight the removed ones than that

Edited by Sean // Fitty Bread
Sergio and rngr like this

Great patch! For some reason my game looks like this? http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/498014805783620974/8359AD7C2D2831B122C4C3BBDB654381741E66A8/

New patch nerfed prison breaks? :kappa:

And now there is people smoking weed in the air! http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/498014805783656494/49237DC78081DEAE08EAA302AF88E8170744C4AD/

Edited by Chau
Abdullah Jihad likes this
2 hours ago, Paratus said:

Say you capture arms dealer, the next server restart you need to hold it the entire time. If you do, the next restart will get added fortifications like sand bag walls, razor wires, etc. If you hold it for another full duration it'll upgrade even further.

Thanks for the Patch. Please do this to Turfs !!!lol

Big Bird likes this
2 hours ago, Paratus said:

Say you capture arms dealer, the next server restart you need to hold it the entire time. If you do, the next restart will get added fortifications like sand bag walls, razor wires, etc. If you hold it for another full duration it'll upgrade even further.

We want actual benefits and like bikstok said that will actually hurt.If you make arms get a certain % cheaper ever restart and caps at like 50% off on guns after about 4 restarts that would be amazing. With drug it should make drugs sell for more and process faster and it just increases sale prices every restart and decreases processing time and then caps after 4 restarts.