Change Log 6.6.3

Paratus

13 minutes ago, Kryptonn said:

I mean, the CAP thing probably wont work considering if you get your cartel tapped to 90% you no longer own it, and you lose the benefits of cheaper gear....and you probably also have the game consider that you DIDN'T hold it the entire restart....so.

No, this is only for when someone else takes it to 100%.

7 minutes ago, jonah1045 said:

Dispatch, mk20s for free, and parole

Having something added for cop that makes game play more enjoyable is something i would like to see. Like taking out DRUG SLOTS and putting something else in there. Like having a K9 unit slot or DEA slots who have perks for drug and illegal busts. That is a update :) 

3 hours ago, Paratus said:

• Removed a bunch of capture points which people didn't enjoy.

"people" being the few admins that decided it? how about asking the gangs that actually fight the cartels and finding out the ones we enjoy most, hearing that apparently the very Original meth cartel location was removed is just stupid, that was one of the best locations which everyone enjoyed, nobody went up to the cocaine cartel and rarely heroin area as it is just too far away and people couldn't be bothered spending 10 minutes flying there.

Sergio and Haych like this

Removing original meth which has been fought for so long without complaint, for the compound cap which everyone would agree is the worst of the caps at meth, on a vote of admins that dont fight cartels is stupid as fuck. And then adding the cartel to that spot up north? Like who decides these things? That spot is just gonna be people sitting on a hill sniping. No one is gonna push because you cannot function on a incline in arma. Get the input of people who have been doing cartels for a long time before going on the vote of people who have no clue.

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy
FozzyBear, Fluxah, explicit and 1 other like this
8 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Removing original meth which has been fought for so long without complaint, for the compound cap which everyone would agree is the worst of the caps at meth, on a vote of admins that dont fight cartels is stupid as fuck. And then adding the cartel to that spot up north? Like who decides these things? That spot is just gonna be people sitting on a hill sniping. No one is gonna push because you cannot fucking on a incline in arma. Get the input of people who have been doing cartels for a long time before going on the vote of people who have no clue.

would rather fight Oil Cartel than that cartel tbh

Sergio, explicit and FozzyBear like this
4 hours ago, Wang Liqin said:

Its one house surrounded by a hill every direction. Dear Lord

It's wooded though, so it should not be a snipe fest. It also will not be a peak shoot fight. 

It is a location that favors the attacker for once. I get that some of you don't like the idea of it, but has anyone actually fought it for real yet?

Rebels: "We want better perks for holding Cartels, they're not worth it any more"

Admins: "Sure thing bud, we'll make it even easier for defenders the longer you hold it" :kappa:

Out of the all the amazing locations people have suggested on the forums, you go pick this one, bruh.

Oh and heres a idea. Create a Rebel Council. Each gang will dedicate a representative or two and on a weekly basis, these reps sit down with Community Managers and discuss rebel changes, additions etc.. etc.. This way the admins will actually get to know what the gangs want and not actually go off of personal favour, get feedback from people who actually play the most. Vice versa can work with the police.

Oh and here, knock your self out. I'll PM you the coordinates if you're interested.

09gxubG.jpg

pA4Lrv8.jpg

DwRsB1x.jpg

3sMXtw2.jpg

4b8EqDX.jpg

QL1fEci.jpg

9pjXe9o.jpg

Edited by Haych
Dextrix, Jonah, Tiger and 4 others like this
59 minutes ago, bamf said:

It's wooded though, so it should not be a snipe fest. It also will not be a peak shoot fight. 

It is a location that favors the attacker for once. I get that some of you don't like the idea of it, but has anyone actually fought it for real yet?

It benefits the attackers if you think everyone will only play in the cap (that is just one single spamable house). People will play Chris Kyle and set up around the cartels so the attackers will die before even seeing the house. This new cartel area is in a spot like the spot Envy and BadBlood fought in the gang wars event and it ended as a sniper battle that lasted for almost two hours.

22 minutes ago, bamf said:

I thought you guys wanted variety...

We do want variety we just want a better location variety than this. Main arms dealer and old meth cartel are the top cartels but I do often enjoy other locations but this new drug location will never be fought over. There are many different spots around the map that could have been picked.. it seems like you closed your eyes pointed somewhere on the map and said "there".

Edited by Wang Liqin
Cifunds, Tiger, Haych and 1 other like this
35 minutes ago, Haych said:

while some of the places you suggested are nice in theory, and look like really nice compounds to use, the majority of them are places that are extremely hard to push, a few towers surrounded by a massive open field is just hunting season for those defending, the only way to attack is via an ifrit or Orca hot drop, which a lot of gangs can't afford, or just cant do them generally, it's literally a case of pulling up 300m out and running across a field crossing your fingers hoping they potato and miss you while you run 50m to the next tree / wall / obstacle to hide behind

Sergio likes this
5 hours ago, Fluxah said:

while some of the places you suggested are nice in theory, and look like really nice compounds to use, the majority of them are places that are extremely hard to push, a few towers surrounded by a massive open field is just hunting season for those defending, the only way to attack is via an ifrit or Orca hot drop, which a lot of gangs can't afford, or just cant do them generally, it's literally a case of pulling up 300m out and running across a field crossing your fingers hoping they potato and miss you while you run 50m to the next tree / wall / obstacle to hide behind

What does this change from the current locations though? You need a Ifrit no matter what if you want a winning chance attacking a good gang anyway.

I do some what agree, but its better to trial these locations then that horrid location thats just been added. I still have about 10 other locations which I haven't included which is fairly more balanced towards attackers. I'll screencap and upload them later.

Edit: I understand why this new location was added, to change the play-style up a little, but damn its the worst spot you could of chosen, the north side of the map has some amazing terrain and much better alternatives. Move this cartel to do Black Market Production location down below. It offers the same type of playstyle, but in a much better way. Theres also a factory with a small room inside of it so you won't get wallbanged from every angle possible when you're on the cap. Possibly add a small deer stand in there and you'll be golden. More space to move around with similar hills around it.

Who's Asylums map designer? You can pretty much pick hundreds of locations out and simply create your own cartel in these beautiful terrains as long as its not done as badly as the Oil Cartel or the Bank is.

Edited by Haych
1 minute ago, epTic said:

These forums aren't the ones making suggestions for Identity ;) 

If they don't listen on here, why on Earth would you assume they listen on there?

Nah, Identity will be the same as Asylum has been since 6.0... A disappointment...

Again, sad... Asylum had potential... 

The update did also just come out today. From personal experience positive feedback is the best thing everyone can do at this point, personally I haven't seen the location or the fortifications but it sounds like the majority don't like it. For the people that don't like it, don't just say you hate it or don't like it, give out suggestions on how to make it better.

9 hours ago, Paratus said:

• The longer you hold a capture point, the better the defensive fortifications will become! They will upgrade each restart where a gang held the area for the entire duration.

Like Bikstok and others already pointed out. This seems to have a reverse effect than intended.
There should be more incentive and tactical advantages to those who are dedicated to taking and holding cartels long term. It shouldn't be easier to steal it from them the longer they've had it.

Other than that, great update!
Looking forward to see how many go-karts we can have running around in Kavala.

Hey paratus guess what my friend next time u try to do a rebel update or trying to change something why you and ur big boys admins dont get some experience rebels to help with rebel and cop updates and new stuff " balance stuff " and new things cartels and other things the servers need just saying man cuz the new cartel is just a poopoo stuff 1 house geting wallbanged from multiple directions. meh other update without anything new other month i wont play! bye bye 

Sergio and babooshka like this
7 hours ago, Haych said:

I am always interested in new cartel locations. Its a lot harder than you think. There are a lot of different things to consider when looking for locations. Such as purchasable houses nearby, how close are they to rebel/cities, gathering/processing locations, etc. etc.

The biggest concern for me, when searching for new areas is trying to find locations that are balance from both sides, which can be very difficult. With those big towers that you pictured Haych, we are trying to divert from using those because all they really supply is major dsync when fighting cqc and a huge tactical advantage when defending on top (especially if the terrain is already on its highest elevation). And lets be honest, from past experience most gangs just suicide vest those towers. Now I know there are arguments for both sides of the towers, so lets just not get into that. Besides the ones that have the towers, lets take a look at the last 4 pictured. 

1) Lighthouse (NE of Sophia?) - I do like this one. I think the only concern is that this will turn into a very long/boring fight, but I could be wrong. I do see the potential hot drop locations as well as the ifrit rush type of play into this one. So I am all for this one, just not 100% sure how many houses are for sale nearby. 

2) This one has pure defensive tactical advantage. There really isn't much cover to push from and that deer stand could prove to be AIDs. However, I do know what type of offense could work in this type of cap, but just not sure how the mast majority would feel about it after doing it over and over, but hey, I am still for this one.

3) I personally don't really like this one at all. Like the rest, there is always potential, but I have a feeling this one would be a cartel where people would say, "Oh its there...fuck that."

4) This one is probably my favorite. I have no clue where its at, but I do like the 360 degree environment and it appears that there is multiple ways for an attacker to push and a defender to set up. Ones like these are my favorite. 

For the ones that constantly think that we don't listen to what the community is suggesting, I am really surprised that you have yet to realize on how many suggestions that are made, actually get put into Asylum. If I recall, there is only one suggestion in the appropriate thread about cartel locations made by Krypton, and not one person even suggested different cartel locations.

Remember, cartel movement all started when a mast majority of the rebels, wanted change. They were sick of fighting the same spots over and over again. So we made them rotate around, offering a different variety each restart. Now, people are complaining that they rotate around. So really there is no winning regardless of what gets selected. For this new one we put in, we want feedback from the gangs after they give it a fair chance and actually fight at that location a few times. What I learned from this community many months ago, is that they complain instantly, before actually giving something a chance. So if it is still that terrible after a few weeks, just let us know and we can try a new location. Its that simple...

Big Fred, Haych and Leftie like this
32 minutes ago, Killswitch said:

I completely agree with your view on towers. It is usually the same play-style when it comes to them and usually the team thats lagging the most wins, or whoever pulls out the suicide vest. 

1. Yep, NE of Sofia. I mentioned this one because the Sofia side of the map gets no love and I would love to see it utilised more. I've fought in this location multiple times before, instead of the actual compound, the forest area and everything else behind it is a nice and interesting place to fight. My only concern is the push from the forest to the actual compound. Another plus is that type of building has never been used for cartels so it'll be interesting.
There is a similar compound on Arms island, at the very bottom, only issue is, there's a bungalow that you can buy right on it.

2. Agreed. Its nice terrain to generally fight in, close by town, decent stack of rocks close by, however its not a nice place to fight a attack/defend type of style, without a Ifrit push, it would be mere impossible, even then it would be suicide to attack.

3. The area and terrain is not to bad, multiple rocks on the coast, only issue again, its far to open on the front side, not much solid or visual cover, another location where a MRAP would be needed.

4. Never fought here, but it does look nice, the aquatic guys would love it. Provides nice sets of rocks to advance on. Its like a more toned down version of the Hill cap. I'll post the cords later on.

Best case scenerio would be to put locations on weekly trials, if people like them, keep them, if people hate them, remove them in the following weeks patch.

I know a couple more locations I'll SS when I get the time later on.

And unfortunately thats the 'great' thing about a online community, you can never make every one happy, and when you do, do something, people complain without trying it out. I personally have fought in the new caps terrain a dozen times. The terrain its self is amazing to fight in, literally, it will like fresh air compared to the general play style we see now. However the cap compound its self is awful, as I mentioned, the Black Market production below it will be a much better alternative. The factory allows people to sit on the cap without getting wallbanged so easily, the cap area will have more space and a exit and entrance road while all providing the same terrain. And lets be honest, we don't need 2 Black Markets that close to each other.

Edited by Haych
pete, Tiger and Big Fred like this
1 hour ago, Killswitch said:

I am always interested in new cartel locations. Its a lot harder than you think. There are a lot of different things to consider when looking for locations. Such as purchasable houses nearby, how close are they to rebel/cities, gathering/processing locations, etc. etc.

The biggest concern for me, when searching for new areas is trying to find locations that are balance from both sides, which can be very difficult. With those big towers that you pictured Haych, we are trying to divert from using those because all they really supply is major dsync when fighting cqc and a huge tactical advantage when defending on top (especially if the terrain is already on its highest elevation). And lets be honest, from past experience most gangs just suicide vest those towers. Now I know there are arguments for both sides of the towers, so lets just not get into that. Besides the ones that have the towers, lets take a look at the last 4 pictured. 

1) Lighthouse (NE of Sophia?) - I do like this one. I think the only concern is that this will turn into a very long/boring fight, but I could be wrong. I do see the potential hot drop locations as well as the ifrit rush type of play into this one. So I am all for this one, just not 100% sure how many houses are for sale nearby. 

2) This one has pure defensive tactical advantage. There really isn't much cover to push from and that deer stand could prove to be AIDs. However, I do know what type of offense could work in this type of cap, but just not sure how the mast majority would feel about it after doing it over and over, but hey, I am still for this one.

3) I personally don't really like this one at all. Like the rest, there is always potential, but I have a feeling this one would be a cartel where people would say, "Oh its there...fuck that."

4) This one is probably my favorite. I have no clue where its at, but I do like the 360 degree environment and it appears that there is multiple ways for an attacker to push and a defender to set up. Ones like these are my favorite. 

For the ones that constantly think that we don't listen to what the community is suggesting, I am really surprised that you have yet to realize on how many suggestions that are made, actually get put into Asylum. If I recall, there is only one suggestion in the appropriate thread about cartel locations made by Krypton, and not one person even suggested different cartel locations.

Remember, cartel movement all started when a mast majority of the rebels, wanted change. They were sick of fighting the same spots over and over again. So we made them rotate around, offering a different variety each restart. Now, people are complaining that they rotate around. So really there is no winning regardless of what gets selected. For this new one we put in, we want feedback from the gangs after they give it a fair chance and actually fight at that location a few times. What I learned from this community many months ago, is that they complain instantly, before actually giving something a chance. So if it is still that terrible after a few weeks, just let us know and we can try a new location. Its that simple...

EDIT; MISSREAD LOL . NR 4 IS far north of the map ( dp20 )

Edited by FozzyBear