Change log 8.0.4

bamf

1 hour ago, bamf said:

Server 2 will be up.  Just give it a few days.  Paratus is finalizing some code to make the servers a tad more dynamic in an effort to keep them more full.  You'll have access to all your physical and virtual items when that happens.  

Is this gonna be a permanent thing? or? 

Just now, Bannab1 said:

Is this gonna be a permanent thing? or? 

To make a long story short server 2 and 3 are only going to be up when there's enough players on 1 and 4.

They could have just set the player cap to 80 for all 4 servers, skipped the bullshit entirely and made the servers performance a lot better, but that just makes a little to much sense for our community I do believe.

Edited by Steve
I can't spell on a phone
Kettles, Donald, Kev 23 and 1 other like this
Just now, Steve said:

To make a long story short the server 2 and 3 are only going to be up when there's enough players on 1 and 4.

They could have just set the player cap to 80 for all 4 servers, skipped the bullshit entirely and made the servers performance a lot better, but that just makes a little to much for our community I do believe.

Why 1 and 4 though? They have the worst performance. BE kicks. And my frames on just those servers are ass during peek hours. This is fucking weak. 

With people talking about their precious houses on S2, eat a dick. You didnt feel bad for the people who were in the same boat on tanoa, at least you get to keep what was inside your houses. Im not getting on at this because I owned any houses on tanoa (i didnt) just thinks its a bit silly people lost all their stuff on tanoa yet S2 people are getting annoyed at theirs being gone, which they will be able to access soon and when you empty it just wait until a friday/saturday night and it will be open because all the servers will be full then just sell it.

Donald and massi like this
Just now, william said:

With people talking about their precious houses on S2, eat a dick. You didnt feel bad for the people who were in the same boat on tanoa, at least you get to keep what was inside your houses. Im not getting on at this because I owned any houses on tanoa (i didnt) just thinks its a bit silly people lost all their stuff on tanoa yet S2 people are getting annoyed at theirs being gone, which they will be able to access soon and when you empty it just wait until a friday/saturday night and it will be open because all the servers will be full then just sell it.

I lost a 500k house on tanoa it sucked 

But everything was alight cuz I made the money back on the house in  like a week 

7 hours ago, DS_Billy said:

The damage handler for RPGs has been removed.  You pay $50k for an RPG rocket, we're going to treat it like a suicide vest in terms of boom potential 
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Me *Downed and restrained in police HQ*: ya’ll just handcuffed the FO. 

Officer: What the hell is a FO?

Me: FIRE FOR EFFECT ON MY POSITION! The forward observer =}

Billy: 

7 hours ago, Clint Beastwood said:

uvZHGKO.gif

Edited by ACE_SCORPION
15 hours ago, bamf said:

KBW didn't add any of this code, but I'm sure he enjoys you saying he's a god.  

They probably know, he would've been able to do that in a couple minutes not a few weeks unlike some.

Edited by Felipeee
11 hours ago, william said:

That's their fault though. They warned people ahead of time about Tonoa. They didn't just shut it down out of the blue. I had more than enough time to flip all my houses

I think "small" "frequent" patch notes will keep the community interested and alive.

In terms of this new server patch 

25c05ad649758fe877599733fcdc297f.png

I honestly dont think this concept will go well, reasons being

•  Fights - People / gangs tend to mass log to servers because of server performance and or other gangs to fight
  • If people get Mass kicked off on 1,4 and or 3 Server 2 will never be up and then people will not have the main stream access to their houses. Even on weekends at the moment servers are struggling such as 3 and 4 to reach 80 players EU timezone

You need to keep the everyone interested in terms of patch notes because the circle of life evolves with and around apd, civ, and rebels So basically everyone is treated like a bike chain link, if there is a link missing the bike will not turn over.

f989ec8be1d45d9b80cdc44b266c0494.png

Edited by Smee
Donald, Roice, Steve and 2 others like this

I like your MS Paint skills @Smee.  In terms of servers being full though, I could theoretically have brought S2 up last night given the server populations.  S2 has (mostly) been down b/c it runs on a non standard port and BIS had that screwed up until yesterday.  

Paratus hopes to be done with the code I need to make all this work today.  That will give me a chance to test it tomorrow, and potentially put it into play for the weekend.  I think that the thing people are not thinking about here is that higher population servers tend to stay more full.  The hope is that we can bring in new people to the community by having servers that are more populated.  As that happens, the servers spin back up automatically - not on some schedule.  As I looked last night, you had to spam into S1 if you wanted to play there.  S3 and S4 both had ~90 players online.  That's good for the overall community.  

I agree that little patch notes here and there are good as well.  I also agree that we need "new stuff", and I'm working on a new system that I think will at the least be interesting for people.  

Blade, Ghouh, K1NG and 8 others like this