Change log 8.0.5

bamf

what exactly was wrong with the other bank? ...

a few devs and admins want the bank moved, literally 98% of the player base didn't..let's move it anyway...  logic?

didn't this already happen with the prison? would it hurt to ask players what they want before you do it?

"this bank was before their time, they just dont know good it is..."

no shit, all the older players left because the server is not what it was..

you cant take away something someone had no problem with and replace it with something they have no clue about and expect them to be ok with it

IF IT'S NOT BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT..

you guys will move it back once kids just keep buying rooks and rushing back up there shooting cops in the back and what not.

why have the bank, fed & prison all so close? just another clusterfuck of places on the map as usual, the map needs some work so all areas are viable

i'm not sure why you guys do crazy changes without consulting with the community that makes up for the server, then people aren't happy about it and you guys get insulted, we're just frustrated of not being heard

here below is a little list of things that maybe you guys could do that hundreds of players have been asking for..

Spoiler

there is way more things to do as far as making money, illegal and legal the map is distributed very evenly, where every part of the map is used actively..

there is more rebels, including "Warzone Rebel" which is east arms, and they sell Olympus version of a mini defib.."Epi Pen" which revives your teammate and they have a "dopamine" timer, so you must either get healed by a medic or go to a hospital..currently they are releasing a longer timer, or defib? not 100%

loadouts & vehicles are much cheaper , as it is much easier to make money, you can get an orca and a turtle backpack and make around 500k in one meth run....., (two loadouts for fighting) in relatively 20-25 minutes, where as it takes quite a bit of work to make that on Asylum as the cops check drug areas 24/7 and there is no timer or wave rules to return, as for Olympus there is

an orca costs around 500k i think and once you put the 150k insurance on it, it's 150k each time you lose it with insurance..

that's 50k asylum for an orca, then 15k each time you crash it basically..but asylum orcas used to be 120-200k, which is 2million relatively olympus money...(fucking joke) literally thats 7-8 dollars $$ us for one vehicle, if i bought that on olympus you could get around 7-9 loadouts , or loadouts, heli, ifrit, all in one..the groups have no cap limit, there will literally be 3-4 gangs with 10-20 people each fighting for hours on end and there is not one single bit of lag you can claim ifrits you win at fights, they have gang sheds... 

THERE IS NO FREEZERS AT THE CARTEL..if you own it, the money goes into your gang bank

honestly the logic behind the freezers at the moment is broken..the admins don't see it how rebels do because they don't get on the server & go cap it..there is honestly no reason to get the cartel unless the freezer is full with 100k..so people dont even bother half the time..yeah let me go sit at the cartel for 30 minutes...then wait 30mins-1hour or however long it is for the money to fill up, fly my orca to the cartel...server kicks you off, you lose your orca & all the freezers are reset...and then when you finally do get there without getting kicked, there is some guy there with a fucking rook and kills you when you take the money , they even made it where you can't put it in your vehicle anymore back then! what a joke! people can watch you take the money out and wait at rebel..Mass kicks started happening...you'd think we'd be rewarded for dealing with it so calmly and trusting the process..but no, they nerf the firearm factory, making it where you need salt..they nerf drug running..they nerf scotch where you have to refresh your crates, they raise taxes on ifrits, orcas and if i'm not mistaken guns, they nerf panagia gun crafting & also nerf orca crafting...literally the only way to make money is doing meth..which is usually camped, or cops showing up every 10 minutes, all the bitching and moaning about everyone on server 5 when there is literally barely any ways to make fucking money anymore and they wonder why everyone just went there to make money?..

their fed pays up to 4-10million i think? which is 400k-1m Asylum money

they have blackwater..where you can get DMS scope, mar10,tons more and attachments, csats, armed quillin, striders, hunters, armed blackhawk..and you can sell these to other player or keep them

they have a war point shop , selling csats(you cannot donate for them by the way)

honestly im tired of naming things because the list goes on that they have that Asylum doesn't because it's honestly frustrating, we've all been so loyal to Asylum, we've all introduced so many ideas, they are  just all shut down...i mean server 2 was down for ages and there was no warning or post about it..we literally had to find out from a gyazo of a discord chat...(lul) 

Asylum needs to hire a coder at this point..They definitely have the money..If Paratus actually gave a flying fuck about the thousands of people who donated to Asylum and donated to his new game he would do something about all this..Literally we are the sole reason he has all that money, must be nice..It's time for the staff to take a step back, admit the server is failing, do something about server 2 & 3..literally people have worked to get houses and setups on there for years...and you just take it away like it's nothing..."Ahh they will be alright, they'll adjust.." that's like taking your code for idenity paratus that you worked on for years and just deleting it...I don't think you'd like that very much...I owned several arma 2 overpoch servers that were semi-successful i earned around $7500 dollars in donations in the first 6 months, I tried to expand and did things my way and ignored my community...long story short it died because I didn't listen to my players..just a friendly warning

Edited by JAY1HP
Just now, JAY1HP said:

what exactly was wrong with the other bank? ...

a few devs and admins want the bank moved, literally 98% of the player base didn't..let's move it anyway...  logic?

didn't this already happen with the prison? would it hurt to ask players what they want before you do it?

"this bank was before their time, they just dont know good it is..."

no shit, all the older players left because the server is not what it was..

you cant take away something someone had no problem with and replace it with something they have no clue about and expect them to be ok with it

you guys will move it back once kids just keep buying rooks and rushing back up there shooting cops in the back and what not.

why have the bank, fed & prison all so close? just another clusterfuck of places on the map as usual, the map needs some work so all areas are viable

i'm not sure why you guys do crazy changes without consulting with the community that makes up for the server, then people aren't happy about it and you guys get insulted, we're just frustrated of not being heard

here below is a little list of things that maybe you guys could do that hundreds of players have been asking for..

Hide contents

there is way more things to do as far as making money, illegal and legal the map is distributed very evenly, where every part of the map is used actively..

there is more rebels, including "Warzone Rebel" which is east arms, and they sell Olympus version of a mini defib.."Epi Pen" which revives your teammate and they have a "dopamine" timer, so you must either get healed by a medic or go to a hospital..currently they are releasing a longer timer, or defib? not 100%

loadouts & vehicles are much cheaper , as it is much easier to make money, you can get an orca and a turtle backpack and make around 500k in one meth run....., (two loadouts for fighting) in relatively 20-25 minutes, where as it takes quite a bit of work to make that on Asylum as the cops check drug areas 24/7 and there is no timer or wave rules to return, as for Olympus there is

an orca costs around 500k i think and once you put the 150k insurance on it, it's 150k each time you lose it with insurance..

that's 50k asylum for an orca, then 15k each time you crash it basically..but asylum orcas used to be 120-200k, which is 2million relatively olympus money...(fucking joke) literally thats 7-8 dollars $$ us for one vehicle, if i bought that on olympus you could get around 7-9 loadouts , or loadouts, heli, ifrit, all in one..the groups have no cap limit, there will literally be 3-4 gangs with 10-20 people each fighting for hours on end and there is not one single bit of lag you can claim ifrits you win at fights, they have gang sheds... 

THERE IS NO FREEZERS AT THE CARTEL..if you own it, the money goes into your gang bank

honestly the logic behind the freezers at the moment is broken..the admins don't see it how rebels do because they don't get on the server & go cap it..there is honestly no reason to get the cartel unless the freezer is full with 100k..so people dont even bother half the time..yeah let me go sit at the cartel for 30 minutes...then wait 30mins-1hour or however long it is for the money to fill up, fly my orca to the cartel...server kicks you off, you lose your orca & all the freezers are reset...and then when you finally do get there without getting kicked, there is some guy there with a fucking rook and kills you when you take the money , they even made it where you can't put it in your vehicle anymore back then! what a joke! people can watch you take the money out and wait at rebel..Mass kicks started happening...you'd think we'd be rewarded for dealing with it so calmly and trusting the process..but no, they nerf the firearm factory, making it where you need salt..they nerf drug running..they nerf scotch where you have to refresh your crates, they raise taxes on ifrits, orcas and if i'm not mistaken guns, they nerf panagia gun crafting & also nerf orca crafting...literally the only way to make money is doing meth..which is usually camped, or cops showing up every 10 minutes, all the bitching and moaning about everyone on server 5 when there is literally barely any ways to make fucking money anymore and they wonder why everyone just went there to make money?..

their fed pays up to 4-10million i think? which is 400k-1m Asylum money

they have blackwater..where you can get DMS scope, mar10,tons more and attachments, csats, armed quillin, striders, hunters, armed blackhawk..and you can sell these to other player or keep them

they have a war point shop , selling csats(you cannot donate for them by the way)

honestly im tired of naming things because the list goes on that they have that Asylum doesn't because it's honestly frustrating, we've all been so loyal to Asylum, we've all introduced so many ideas, they are  just all shut down...i mean server 2 was down for ages and there was no warning or post about it..we literally had to find out from a gyazo of a discord chat...(lul) 

Asylum needs to hire a coder at this point..They definitely have the money..If Paratus actually gave a flying fuck about the thousands of people who donated to Asylum and donated to his new game he would do something about all this..Literally we are the sole reason he has all that money, must be nice..It's time for the staff to take a step back, admit the server is failing, do something about server 2 & 3..literally people have worked to get houses and setups on there for years...and you just take it away like it's nothing..."Ahh they will be alright, they'll adjust.." that's like taking your code for idenity paratus that you worked on for years and just deleting it...I don't think you'd like that very much...I owned several arma 2 overpoch servers that were semi-successful i earned around $7500 dollars in donations in the first 6 months, I tried to expand and did things my way and ignored my community...long story short it died because I didn't listen to my players..just a friendly warning

We gucci fam

Just now, JAY1HP said:

Well there was anecdotal evidence that it was causing huge lag spikes for the server each time people did the bank, so it was potentially broken.  By using only static map objects we can rule things out.  So think of this as a way to test that, all while utilizing an area of the map that used to be really, really fun for doing bank jobs.  

I'm also making a few other tweaks right now to make both the bank and the federal reserve "better" for the players attempting to complete that content.  

FudgeR likes this
Just now, bamf said:

Well there was anecdotal evidence that it was causing huge lag spikes for the server each time people did the bank, so it was potentially broken.  By using only static map objects we can rule things out.  So think of this as a way to test that, all while utilizing an area of the map that used to be really, really fun for doing bank jobs.  

I'm also making a few other tweaks right now to make both the bank and the federal reserve "better" for the players attempting to complete that content.  

maybe you could try hosting the default altis life mission file and give people max money, tell everyone to have fun for a day or two, if the server issues continue it's the server host, if not it was mission file breaking the server

we need to look back at may/april 2016 - what was added then? i can't remember how close that was to where they changed server hosts..could it be both?

Edited by JAY1HP
Just now, JAY1HP said:

maybe you could try hosting the default altis life mission file and give people max money, tell everyone to have fun for a day or two, if the server issues continue it's the server host, if not it was mission file breaking the server

we need to look back at may/april 2016 - what was added then? i can't remember how close that was to where they changed server hosts..could it be both?

I think it's worth mentioning I only saw strife mass kick once at the start when it was extremely buggy. I think I saw it crash a few times. Regardless the server ran very clean as far as I could see, and I played all the time

Just now, JAY1HP said:

Was that around the time when all the extra shit at the bank was added? I always had a hunch that it had something to do with dirty money generating in the fridge constantly. I was told by a dev it happens with the cleanup script.

Just now, Steve said:

Was that around the time when all the extra shit at the bank was added? I always had a hunch that it had something to do with dirty money generating in the fridge constantly. I was told by a dev it happens with the cleanup script.

i have no idea man i just started playing again then there was so much new stuff 

Just now, Steve said:

Also is there a way to check if bohemia had any updates around the same time?

Just now, JAY1HP said:

i have no idea man i just started playing again then there was so much new stuff 

Cause I know the bank has been changed more then once. I wonder also if it has anything to do with all the logging that asylum does. Maybe it stresses the box too much pulling all that information. With more players on more logging takes place. I bet if the hosting was upgraded or changed we would see different results. I was told there is 16gb of ram on each box.

So I looked on some of ovhs hosting and they rent servers with 32gb of ram for in many cases less then $150 a month. Who knows about the other specs Asylum's boxes have. They could have low end cpus, not currently using an ssd, etc.

Edited by Steve
Just now, Azeh said:

OVH was used in the past.
They do use SSDs and to quote Gnashes from a private chat: "And contrary to popular belief, we're on decent hardware".

ReliableSite is what's being used currently but idk if that's what they switched to back then. 

Olympus is currently using OVH if I remember correctly, and they have little to no issues.

BTW, it also shows that Asylum uses Swiftnode. Not sure if they are using Swiftnode or ReliableSite.
EDIT: Asylum definitely uses Swiftnode and leases their dedicated servers. Confirmed with Swiftnode's owner.

The problem here is that no one knows what is causing the kicks; is it the host/server or has it been the mission file all along?

Edited by Joe (StealthProxy)
Just now, Joe (StealthProxy) said:

Olympus is currently using OVH if I remember correctly, and they have little to no issues.

BTW, it also shows that Asylum uses Swiftnode. Not sure if they are using Swiftnode or ReliableSite.

The problem here is that no one knows what is causing the kicks; is it the host/server or has it been the mission file all along?

#blame Bohemia

Joe (StealthProxy) likes this
Just now, Joe (StealthProxy) said:

I say they switch one box to ovh and compare the results.

Joe (StealthProxy) likes this

I spoke with Linden just now, one of the owners over at Swiftnode, Asylum's server host.

This is what I was told:

• Asylum uses high-end i7s and 16GB RAM for its dedicated servers. (Hardware)
  • Bamf spoke with Linden recently, and Bamf said the BattlEye errors are not related to Swiftnode's network/hardware and that it is Bohemia's issue.
  • The Asylum servers start to crash when they hit "around ~30mbps or so" according to Linden and Bamf.
  • Linden thinks Bamf is right about how it is Bohemia's issue.
  • "From what I can gather, and I will say I don't know anything in-depth about the Arma engine or its network stack, Bamf seems to be right in saying this is a Bohemia issue. You have multiple popular communities reporting from different providers, using different hardware, and different bandwidth carriers, so the chances of it being limited to one host is unlikely."
  • "I offered up some gear in a completely different facility with more specialized carriers like Telia if Bamf feels like a change is needed on our part, but he said with the way everything currently centralized the latency to the database could be an issue with one server being in a different facility. I'm inclined to defer to his judgement since he is the one experienced with the ins/outs of the Arma server. But if he wants to make a change we'll do anything we can to help."

In addition, I asked Linden if it is possible for them to provide Asylum with a new dedicated server on a different network and with different hardware, just to test. He said it could most absolutely be done, and he told me that option has never been brought up with him.

Boby, Steve, Roice and 2 others like this