Change log 8.0.6

bamf

Just now, Tom said:

Let’s say the cartel has 100K in it. There are 6 kids defending with 30K loadouts each. Than the attacking gang has an ifrit out which is 100K and has 9 people with 30K loadouts each. 

You could lose so much more than you can gain at the cartel. Make it so it goes directly to gang bank.

What kind of fairy land do you live in where ifrits are only 100K? 

Just now, JAY1HP said:

Now you know there is a github of all old scripts/versions c'mon now ole Gnashes

I think you just wanted to make all the old rebel community quit because they gave ya a hard time

There are still memory issues that are unresolved in relation to how the arma server.exe runs.  Even though it's 64 bit now, I'm not convinced it is actually allocating all the RAM it has access to.  So keeping things that don't have to be in memory constantly out of memory is still a good thing.  That's the reason we are still pushing back on doing this.  In a perfect world, I'd love for all crates to load into the world when you log in, but right now I don't want all that data in memory.  

Doesn't mean that things can't change in the future, but for now it needs to stay the way it is unfortunately.  

Kettles, massi, Mr. Brown and 2 others like this
4 hours ago, bamf said:

There are still memory issues that are unresolved in relation to how the arma server.exe runs.  Even though it's 64 bit now, I'm not convinced it is actually allocating all the RAM it has access to.  So keeping things that don't have to be in memory constantly out of memory is still a good thing.  That's the reason we are still pushing back on doing this.  In a perfect world, I'd love for all crates to load into the world when you log in, but right now I don't want all that data in memory.  

Doesn't mean that things can't change in the future, but for now it needs to stay the way it is unfortunately.  

Is there any way to tell what is taking up so much memory that seems to be causing the servers to crash? I remember a long time ago people would talk about scripts that are not being closed after they are ran. Could this be a part of the issue?

12 hours ago, bamf said:

what i am confused about is scotch never caused any lag in the years past..it might just be time to rework the whole ageing process, would it really hurt to just distill it and be able to sell it right away? maybe implement a two step process as meth is, distill it twice, you can sell it right away for the same amount, i mean what could it really hurt at this point? we are trying new things correct? maybe add some more legal ways to make GOOD money, or just buff mining ores/diamonds..maybe implement a whole new mine, where you can get topaz/rubies/sapphires and they all sell for good amounts, make it north above kavala in the un-used areas of the map there and a "Gem Refinery" in another un-used portion of the map..it's time to do a huge change, something fresh..there hasn't been anything huge and new on Asylum for quite some time, just look how big your "Crank" update was! also you could add these gems in the shipwrecks, and buff that as well! it is such a cool way to make money wouldnt it be awesome to fly orcas over the guys diving and all drop down in wetsuits and sdars and have a underwater fight? it would add that element back as well, 

i am a book of ideas and creativity i had so much great things like this on my arma 2 servers, i honestly thing i could single handedly bring back the server, but meh that's just my opinion

im also working on a script that triggers an event on arms island where a convoy was disabled, and cops and civs are alerted, the cops have a change to seize this for money, and the rebels can go there and retrieve weapons, gold bars, dirty money from the disable vehicle of your choosing, im also working on an evidence locker but i can only work on thes eon the weekends

Edited by JAY1HP
Just now, JAY1HP said:

i am a book of ideas and creativity i had so much great things like this on my arma servers, i honestly thing i could single handedly bring back the server, but meh that's just my opinion

You might have the ideas, as many of us do. Most of the ideas said today by veteran players are purely logical suggestions that under the right circumstances could be implemented. It comes down to whether or not you have the skills needed to develop. Our devs as they say have lives, which is fine. It becomes a problem when they accept a developer title and don't develop this community is dying for realistically half a dozen reasons, the big 2 are poor server performance being number 1, and lack of new content, whether you, my self, or others believe the performance issues are exclusively a Bohemia issue, an Asylum issue or some combination of the two is almost irrelevant in this case except for when you factor in we have very little development, or at the very least what I would consider to be inconsistent development. I personally believe if we got more active developers the odds of a bandaid/workaround to the kicks and crashes would be fixed.

In my opinion, if Paratus since he is from what I am told the one with superior scripting and coding skills, were to come back and sort out the big issues for 2 or 3 weeks we would be in a lot better shape then we are now. It would be to his advantage in the eyes of the public because it would show he didn't leave his roots behind. Think of it like Dean Hall abandoning DayZ, his reputation is ruined because of it. If someone doesn't get Asylums issues straight Asylum will die. When that happens I still think hundreds of people who hated the end result of Asylum will go put Paratus on blast through social media potentially killing his dream game.

I don't hate Paratus for wanting to Develop his own game, but he could have done a far better job ensuring that we as a Community were in a better spot in terms of Development, and for that reason in particularly I lost respect for him.

Edited by Steve
Just now, Steve said:

In my opinion, if Paratus since he is from what I am told the one with superior scripting and coding skills, were to come back and sort out the big issues for 2 or 3 weeks we would be in a lot better shape then we are now. It would be to his advantage in the eyes of the public because it would show he didn't leave his roots behind. Think of it like Dean Hall abandoning DayZ, his reputation is ruined because of it. If someone doesn't get Asylums issues straight Asylum will die. When that happens I still think hundreds of people who hated the end result of Asylum will go put Paratus on blast through social media potentially killing his dream game.

I don't hate Paratus for wanting to Develop his own game, but he could have done a far better job ensuring that we as a Community were in a better spot in terms of Development, and for that reason in particularly I lost respect for him.

Amen.

1 hour ago, Azeh said:

The chance of this happening is... yeah, you can figure. He can't even get the virtual crate system finished even though Bamf/Gnashes have been waiting for over 1.5-2 months. 
(And I'm glad he's taking his time, I don't want it).

I personally think this could totally back fire, imagine all the virtual storage information stored between two servers. It could be 3 or 4 times worse then it is now. Who knows maybe I'm entirely wrong. In the end, I think we all just want change that is not gonna happen. Gnashes  2017

Just now, Steve said:

I personally think this could totally back fire, imagine all the virtual storage information stored between two servers. It could be 3 or 4 times worse then it is now. Who knows maybe I'm entirely wrong. In the end, I think we all just want change that is not gonna happen. Gnashes  2017

The gear wouldn't be stored in the server's memory at all times. Rather the server would make a request to the database (similar to when you use your garage). In my opinion the devs should be looking to optimize the cleanup script. Remove crates when nobody has accessed them for 10 minutes. Make sure Y-inventory actually despawns. Possibly add a separate database for each server with data that isn't shared between servers like houses, gangs, cartel money etc. I'm sure there's a ton of stuff you could do to optimize server performance (rework cartels), but we wouldn't know as we don't have access to the code..