Change log 8.0.6

bamf

Just now, Gnashes said:

Hotfix 3:

• Fixed error in the damage handler that caused undesired behavior with vehicle damage
  • Fixed various script errors that could be encountered while joining the mission
  • IR Laser behavior has now been reversed for police LT+. Off = Down, On = Kill
  • Various serverside optimizations

Damn, LT's can't forget their IR lazer at home anymore :FeelsBadMan:

@bamf @Gnashes 

Here  are some suggestions, that although maybe small changes it would definitely give the content a good mix up.

* Survival Fatgiues + US Tropic Camo variants ( All of them would be awesome including NVGs) to rebel/BH/UC

* Possible addition of adding the Armed Prowler + Qilin? It's not 100% armored and can eliminate the gunner. (Give APD justice wagon back as a balance?)

* 9mm Silencers

* Give Rebels access to 4-Fives (make it pricey if need be)

* Bring back Entity Suits (make  it a donor rank if you wish)

(though I dont play much, Much appreciate the effort you guys put in)

Edited by Ebola
Just now, Professor Pericles said:

"i fucked up and have to ask paratus to fix this shit..... Hopefully he gets back to me before the weekend."

#PS happy new year Asylum!!!

Nah, the script may not have run properly and since it's not middle of the day on a weekday I'm not going to take everyone offline to then mess around with it.  

I had a small window, so I figured I'd try to make it run...  ;)

Keneith and Professor Pericles like this
Just now, bamf said:

Nah, the script may not have run properly and since it's not middle of the day on a weekday I'm not going to take everyone offline to then mess around with it.  

I had a small window, so I figured I'd try to make it run...  ;)

Maybe with that free time could you check your messages k thank u, thank you. happy new year. 

Just now, bamf said:

The PVP season reset may not have happened properly.  If it didn't, I'll get it later this week.

"i fucked up and have to ask paratus to fix this shit..... Hopefully he gets back to me before the weekend."

#PS happy new year Asylum!!!

Spoiler

:fingerbang:

holy shit my fps is fixed good shit

Edited by Keneith

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

You just log into any of the servers once during that month and your good. Its the same as its always been just the time limit has gone from 3 months down to 1.

Just now, Tusken Raider said:

I thought they said they changed it so you couldn’t just log in, sync, and leave.

From the housing thread,

On 12/22/2017 at 2:59 AM, Gnashes said:

At all. However, if we see anyone playing for say... an hour a month for each of the last 3-4 months, we're likely going to have a chat with them and possibly remove their houses for inactivity anyway.

Used to be 3, now is 2, will be 1 at the start of the year.

It doesn't give a minimum/specific "this many minutes/hours a month and you're good" which Tusken is asking.

Edited by Maaqs
Just now, Gnashes said:

Because there isn't one. More or less; if you aren't actually playing on Asylum, and are only logging into the servers for the sake of keeping your houses, we will likely remove them.

We want housing to be available to those who are playing the game on a consistent basis. We don't want housing to be held by those who're logging in briefly every month for the next 8 months because "maybe I'll play one day".

Restart Server 4 please, its having a stroke again.

Phil. likes this
Just now, Gnashes said:

Because there isn't one. More or less; if you aren't actually playing on Asylum, and are only logging into the servers for the sake of keeping your houses, we will likely remove them.

We want housing to be available to those who are playing the game on a consistent basis. We don't want housing to be held by those who're logging in briefly every month for the next 8 months because "maybe I'll play one day".

@Tusken Raider there you go.

10 hours ago, bamf said:

Going to reset the PVP season, and wipe out old gang wars on each server.  Remember to declare war against people again.  This should speed up restarts substantially.  

Did you end up doing this? Last night I still had all of my war rating.

Bamf I'd also like to make mention that there could be a bunch of old gangs that don't necessarily exist anymore, but I'd you try to use a gang name that has already been used it won't let you. Could this be clogging up the database, and potentially making the servers lag? I was thinking it could especially because gangs are directly related to gang houses which could also have negative effects on the housing script due to a houses previous owners especially if it was a gang house.

Is it possible that all of this information and data built up over time and that is why we have some of these issues?

Edited by Steve

That doesn't seem likely. Someone mentioned the cartel scripting the other day and pondered it's efficiency. It may be the way its looping. I think he was on to something  

I personally think y inventory not despawning has a a huge impact. It stays for in excess of 5 minutes sometimes 15 or 20. Look at change log 6.5.3, I'd link it but my phone is being a pain in the ass.

So it says it is supposed to stay for 5 minutes which sounds fine but it does stay for far longer then that I proved it myself.

Space and Professor Pericles like this
12 hours ago, Steve said:

I personally think y inventory not despawning has a a huge impact. It stays for in excess of 5 minutes sometimes 15 or 20. Look at change log 6.5.3, I'd link it but my phone is being a pain in the ass.

So it says it is supposed to stay for 5 minutes which sounds fine but it does stay for far longer then that I proved it myself.

If I don't remember correctly the Y inventory gets cleaned up on the 2nd cleanup scrip since it dropped. The clean up script gets run every 5 min so the Y inventory should clean up between 5-10 min. I remember getting killed and then Y inventory getting cleaned up the straight away.