The Great Asylum Conspiracy

After reading through the forums today and watching several bush did 9/11 documentaries, I think I’ve come to an accurate conclusion on the state of Asylum and its BE (BattleEye) kicks.

Now, looking at the official trailer, I begin to assume the game was officially announced in January 2015, LONG before the BE kicks began in MAY of 2016 (I didn’t play then but this is a general consensus I’ve seen in a couple forum posts, correct me if I’m wrong.) Of course, following the trailer, the game receives tons of hype, boasting hundreds of thousands of dollars on Kickstarter, and an overall positive response. However, hype begins to slowly fade as most Asylum players and normies (in this case, people who preordered/expressed interest in Identity but didnt/don’t play Asylum) realize that the game is a huge expectation for a relatively small company. The game fails to release soon enough, and Identity falls slightly into irrelevance. This is where the spooky shit begins. Paratus realizes how shitty it would be to get all this money crowdfunded then blow it all doing nothing, or doing something and having no one play it or buy it. SO, he initiates plan G (for my least favorite dev) and starts “battleeye” kicks in May 2016 (Again, correct me if I’m wrong I didn’t play then)At first, nobody gives a shit, cuz like, it’s a relatively small issue for a game that is so great. But, as the issue persists, it starts to become very irritating, and people start to complain. Blame is thrown left and right, whether it’s Bohemia, Bamf, Server Hosts or plain old DDoS. People start to get angry, and gradually, people start to leave the server, however, content continues to be added, and the servers (arguably) continue to get better. 

Disclaimer: AlthoUgh I state the BE kicks began in May of 2016, the first available forum post I can find stating “Mass Kicks” was by Bamf in Sept of 2016. It doesn’t matter which is correct though, because it means they began either before or around the time the admin Will makes a post on the forums drumming up this fancy game Identity. Keep in mind, more and more devs are beginning to blame Bohemia, and other NONE asylum sources. So now, anyone who dislikes the mass kicks but likes the traditional Asylum feel can just pre order Identity. And more and more, as the servers get worse and worse, people start to want Identity. This brings us to now, where the servers are at a precipice of complete ruin. No more are all 4 servers running at once, and no more can you play for a full restart without getting kicked or having a lag spike AT LEAST once. And what do you know, IDENTITY’s first module releases very soon, probably in the next few months.

Are BattleEye kicks just a way to increase popularity for Identity? Because why would you want to play Identity when you have an incredibly similar game in a server for a game you already own? 

TL;DR: Paratus is a cuck 

Just now, Kevingreen23 said:

Why would i want to play identity if they cant even fix the arma servers? 

There is a lot of things that the devs don't have control over in arma server afaik and so something like BE kicks is not what they can fix but can only reduce.Identity is yes very similar to arma but you cant say anything unless its in early alpha or something so people get a feel of what its going to be.

Kev 23 likes this
Just now, Glass of Water said:

After reading through the forums today and watching several bush did 9/11 documentaries, I think I’ve come to an accurate conclusion on the state of Asylum and its BE (BattleEye) kicks.

Now, looking at the official trailer, I begin to assume the game was officially announced in January 2015, LONG before the BE kicks began in MAY of 2016 (I didn’t play then but this is a general consensus I’ve seen in a couple forum posts, correct me if I’m wrong.) Of course, following the trailer, the game receives tons of hype, boasting hundreds of thousands of dollars on Kickstarter, and an overall positive response. However, hype begins to slowly fade as most Asylum players and normies (in this case, people who preordered/expressed interest in Identity but didnt/don’t play Asylum) realize that the game is a huge expectation for a relatively small company. The game fails to release soon enough, and Identity falls slightly into irrelevance. This is where the spooky shit begins. Paratus realizes how shitty it would be to get all this money crowdfunded then blow it all doing nothing, or doing something and having no one play it or buy it. SO, he initiates plan G (for my least favorite dev) and starts “battleeye” kicks in May 2016 (Again, correct me if I’m wrong I didn’t play then)At first, nobody gives a shit, cuz like, it’s a relatively small issue for a game that is so great. But, as the issue persists, it starts to become very irritating, and people start to complain. Blame is thrown left and right, whether it’s Bohemia, Bamf, Server Hosts or plain old DDoS. People start to get angry, and gradually, people start to leave the server, however, content continues to be added, and the servers (arguably) continue to get better. 

Disclaimer: AlthoUgh I state the BE kicks began in May of 2016, the first available forum post I can find stating “Mass Kicks” was by Bamf in Sept of 2016. It doesn’t matter which is correct though, because it means they began either before or around the time the admin Will makes a post on the forums drumming up this fancy game Identity. Keep in mind, more and more devs are beginning to blame Bohemia, and other NONE asylum sources. So now, anyone who dislikes the mass kicks but likes the traditional Asylum feel can just pre order Identity. And more and more, as the servers get worse and worse, people start to want Identity. This brings us to now, where the servers are at a precipice of complete ruin. No more are all 4 servers running at once, and no more can you play for a full restart without getting kicked or having a lag spike AT LEAST once. And what do you know, IDENTITY’s first module releases very soon, probably in the next few months.

Are BattleEye kicks just a way to increase popularity for Identity? Because why would you want to play Identity when you have an incredibly similar game in a server for a game you already own? 

TL;DR: Paratus is a cuck 

Farmer Steve, Sp0on, zane1 and 5 others like this
Just now, Silver-Spy said:

There is a lot of things that the devs don't have control over in arma server afaik and so something like BE kicks is not what they can fix but can only reduce.Identity is yes very similar to arma but you cant say anything unless its in early alpha or something so people get a feel of what its going to be.

Well yea ik they cant control some stuff but its not only the BE kicks its also the lack of updates, the servers recent ddos attacks(can fall under them not being able to control i guess), and not listening to the community so how would i know that theyre going to keep identity updated and stable

Edited by Kevingreen23
Just now, Kevingreen23 said:

Well yea ik they cant control some stuff but its not only the BE kicks its also the lack of updates, the servers recent ddos attacks(can fall under them not being able to control i guess), and not listening to the community so how would i know that theyre going to keep identity updated and stable

I wouldn't invest into a game if the previous game mode made by the devs wasn't remotely stable for a long period of time. I especially wouldn't invest in Identity because Paratus left us with little dev help comparatively to what he was. I'm not saying Bamf and Gnashes are bad Devs, they just don't seem to have the time or desire(maybe both) to invest in Asylum anymore. It's a bad business decision in my opinion to leave your roots behind, especially considering they(we) were the ones who at one point really supported you.

Edited by Steve
Just now, Gnashes said:

You have to remember; neither of us are programmers as a career, and we both work full time (or more) jobs.

We can't give Asylum 40 hours/week to try every solution possible to an issue. We also usually have to double check that we've done something the right/best way before we start trying to test it.

Then why tf dont u get more devs? Theres tons of ppl that would love to help :shrug:

Frizzy likes this
Just now, Fudger said:

Then why tf dont u get more devs? Theres tons of ppl that would love to help :shrug:

Every person that has approached Bamf wanting to help "Doesn't know SQF but wants to learn".

They also aren't going to get paid, so there's that. (Unless you find someone willing to work for minimum wage and fork over $1,200/month to pay them)

49 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

You have to remember; neither of us are programmers as a career, and we both work full time (or more) jobs.

We can't give Asylum 40 hours/week to try every solution possible to an issue. We also usually have to double check that we've done something the right/best way before we start trying to test it.

40 minutes ago, Azeh said:

One of the biggest Life servers isn’t capable of bringing in more developers?

This is my point exactly. What happened to all the money from the loot crates? I know more then a dozen people who invested hundreds of dollars for pilot coveralls, and that is just my self. I think we could afford to pay a dev for 2 months to fix some of our issues and possibly develop new content.

Here's a thought, even though we would be "copying", olympus(we had some of the stuff they have first btw) we could have some sort of donation goal system. In it's most basic form a donation goal could go to finding someone who has the time to develop and the skill. It's worth a shot and realistically as far as I can see as I try to sit in your shoes Gnashes, there is nothing to lose in that scenario provided the person is not given access to shit you don't trust them with. A law binding contract could clear that up.

Edited by Steve
7 minutes ago, Steve said:

I wouldn't invest into a game if the previous game mode made by the devs wasn't remotely stable for a long period of time. I especially wouldn't invest in Identity because Paratus left us with little dev help comparatively to what he was. I'm not saying Bamf and Gnashes are bad Devs, they just don't seem to have the time or desire(maybe both) to invest in Asylum anymore. It's a bad business decision in my opinion to leave your roots behind, especially considering they(we) were the ones who at one point really supported you.

This post.

This one, 1000000x times over, I couldn't say it any better.

I'll not be playing Identity for this reason, he left what supported him in his dreams behind, and left us in a really shitty position when he did it.

History repeats itself, anyone that claims he'll keep good care of Identity doesn't understand that concept.

Maaqs likes this
Just now, Steve said:

Do you genuinely believe that? I remember when you were an admin. You think paratus would do that shit?

Not really no, I justed wanted to meme like everyone else :P

I do believe that the lootcrates money went into keeping the servers up, but it was implemented in spring 2016(?), so all that money was probably gone early 2017. There can't really be a big income from the lootcrates the last 14 months

Mayhem likes this
Just now, KrazyKnight said:

What about 2018?

I see some risky changed that will be attempted. Whether or not they work is up to the people who put the time into it.

A. Would they possibly risk going for a pre 6.0 roll back and trying to implement features 1 by 1

B. Would they possibly try adjusting features and moving things according to all the posts accumulated.

I say they have one more good push to attempt one of those and if it works asylum will have a nice boom otherwise itll be dead. Either way Arma 3 in general doesn't have a large life span left while games like PUBG, Fortnite , Siege, and many more keep booming. 

Just now, Azeh said:

You wanna see something else? 

dfd528fd6ad0c8843bd30239357830c8.png

773562f97b99df2077f9fd464097afbf.png

image.png?width=1202&height=676 

server fps over an hour, not sure what the player count was like

Meanwhile Olympus gets 25 server fps at the very worst and another server with mass kicks gets 7-10 at 100 players.

^

Always thought shit like Y inventory, Housing Crates, and extra dumb shit like seatbelts / Lights never really cleaned them selves up. This adds up over time and tends to probably be what the fps drop is. It would make sense that the more people there are the faster this shit adds up. Especially when you have retards from fucking god knows what gang thinking they are detectives dropping peaches in town.

Just now, Azeh said:

Most of these things shouldn't cause problems if done correctly and I can't say what exactly does cause problems, but my guess is overall shitty coding in regards to script optimization. You have Life servers with 150+ players and even 200+ players that don't have issues and run at 30+ server fps constant. 

I thought @Steve's video was maybe just bad luck as the cops showed up and that's when the lag got bad IIRC. Reapered tested it - no lag. I tried it myself yesterday on S4 (which is known to be garbage) and guess what - after only dropping 23 things alone at rebel, people started saying lag/ddos in sidechat. I showed the video to Gnashes saying this shit needs to be fixed because it shouldn't happen at all and I was told "Coorelation does not mean causation". Dropping things should just be replaced with destroying them (sorry Olympus) as you don't drop things for other to pick them up, you drop things to get rid of them. Y-inventory isn't the source of all problems but if there's room for improvements, why not do it? 

All this extra fancy shit was added in order to make things cooler but never removed for testing to my knowledge

Just now, Azeh said:

Most of these things shouldn't cause problems if done correctly and I can't say what exactly does cause problems, but my guess is overall shitty coding in regards to script optimization. You have Life servers with 150+ players and even 200+ players that don't have issues and run at 30+ server fps constant. 

I thought @Steve's video was maybe just bad luck as the cops showed up and that's when the lag got bad IIRC. Reapered tested it - no lag. I tried it myself yesterday on S4 (which is known to be garbage) and guess what - after only dropping 23 things alone at rebel, people started saying lag/ddos in sidechat. I showed the video to Gnashes saying this shit needs to be fixed because it shouldn't happen at all and I was told "Coorelation does not mean causation". Dropping things should just be replaced with destroying them (sorry Olympus) as you don't drop things for other to pick them up, you drop things to get rid of them. Y-inventory isn't the source of all problems but if there's room for improvements, why not do it? 

Azeh for Dev 2018?

Just now, Azeh said:

lol I don't know anything, I just ask other people with knowledge 

been in a group chat with Bamf and Gnashes for the past 3 weeks suggesting them things to try but most of it was met with doubt and hesitation so I ranted yesterday and Gnashes left the group

Well i can understand why gnashes would be upset if he feels he is trying and getting met with negative feed back all the time...  

Just now, Azeh said:

lol I don't know anything, I just ask other people with knowledge 

been in a group chat with Bamf and Gnashes for the past 3 weeks suggesting them things to try but most of it was met with doubt and hesitation so I ranted yesterday and Gnashes left the group

I mean they can only doubt and hesitate for so long until there isn't a server anymore.

Just now, bigjohn561 said:

Well i can understand why gnashes would be upset if he feels he is trying and getting met with negative feed back all the time...  

There comes two sides of a coin as a developer - one side where what you do is innovative and loved, the other side where your risk didn't pay off.

With that being said you have to flip the coin to see what side itll land on rather then complain that the last coin toss landed on the side you opposed. What do you have to lose for trying stuff in comparison to saying that every idea is folly?

Kev 23 likes this
42 minutes ago, Azeh said:

I showed the video to Gnashes saying this shit needs to be fixed because it shouldn't happen at all and I was told "Coorelation does not mean causation". Dropping things should just be replaced with destroying them (sorry Olympus) as you don't drop things for other to pick them up, you drop things to get rid of them. Y-inventory isn't the source of all problems but if there's room for improvements, why not do it? 

What I was also trying to prove but I did not get the chance to, was that the Y inventory does not despawn sometimes it takes 15 or 20 minutes. Now that could be the biggest issue. Think about it when there's 100 people on kavala is a cancer constantly producing Y inventory objects because people are constantly dying, but with 30-50 people on, the could be exponentially less as more people might use that time to make money. As a direct result of that, you might have Y not despawning with 30 or 50 people on but you might also have a lot less of it. I have been referring people to this. 

So he's only saying it will never disappear after 5 minutes, but could this be why it hangs around for 15 or 20?

Edited by Steve
Just now, Steve said:

What I was also trying to prove but I did not get the chance to, was that the Y inventory does not despawn sometimes it takes 15 or 20 minutes. Now that could be the biggest issue. Think about it when there's 100 people on kavala is a cancer constantly producing Y inventory objects because people are constantly dying, but with 30-50 people on, the could be exponentially less as more people might use that time to make money. As a direct result of that, you might have Y not despawning with 30 or 50 people on but you might also have a lot less of it. I have been referring people to this. 

So he's only saying it will never disappear after 5 minutes, but could this be why it hangs around for 15 or 20?

Here's my theory: Cleanup script runs every 5 minutes. Items only disappear if its idletime is 5 minutes or more. Meaning that most of the time it will be 10 minutes before items are cleared. Additionally if the server is lagging, the timers will be even further delayed.

Keep in mind this is all speculation. I don't have access to that code.

Edited by Bikstok
Steve likes this