Change log 8.0.7

bamf

As an update to what's going on behind the scenes:  

We had a limited Public Test Server open last night to a few players who went through and tested everything they could think of from a cop, civilian/rebel, and medic side.  The list of bugs is currently being worked on.  As I told @Azeh last night, we have modified ~300 scripts between the client and server to be more efficient.  Things are broken because of the modifications, and we are working through them.  

Hopefully I'll have a cleaner build today to test again, and we can roll this out in the next few days.  

jeans, Winchester, Twinkie and 10 others like this
Just now, bamf said:

We had a limited Public Test Server open last night to a few players who went through and tested everything they could think of from a cop, civilian/rebel, and medic side.  The list of bugs is currently being worked on.  As I told @Azeh last night, we have modified ~300 scripts between the client and server to be more efficient.  Things are broken because of the modifications, and we are working through them.  

Hopefully I'll have a cleaner build today to test again, and we can roll this out in the next few days.  

Now this is the communication we were looking for.

Steve likes this
Just now, bamf said:

You say "bugs" I say "features" :P

2 hours ago, Azeh said:

As for the time since the last one, about 300 scripts have been modified and require testing and bug fixing. I'm not sure how long we're talking, but the gamebreaking bugs need to be sorted out first.

Do you know how many scripts were changed in the initial change?

Just now, Steve said:

Holy lizard shit

How much more so you guys think will be changed?

Once we get the bugs knocked out of this round, then we'll put it out.  It's likely to have a very positive effect on server performance, but my guess is there will still be a few bugs kicking around even though we tried to test "everything".  

See this is the kind of thing that has been needed for so long. Even if you dont make any breaking ground you just put in the change log what you attempted. It gets people excited to know that you are working on all this  stuff weather or not it works out is less important than knowing all the attempts.

Nice work to all the people involved in this

Edited by Sugarfoot
massi, Sikorsky, Haych and 5 others like this
18 hours ago, bamf said:

This should be done more often to help fix things quicker instead of just the devs and some admins testing stuff

Steve likes this

I'm testing one final build of what we hope will be a really decent performance patch.  Assuming everything comes up the way I want it to, I am going to put this patch onto S3 for the evening.  There will likely be things that don't work 100% correctly, but we will work to fix those bugs.  At this point though, I need a larger population to play through - mainly so we can see how the performance is with all the tweaks we have done.  

So if you get a chance to play today, try out server 3.  

Jonesy, Space, Jake and 8 others like this
Just now, bamf said:

I'm testing one final build of what we hope will be a really decent performance patch.  Assuming everything comes up the way I want it to, I am going to put this patch onto S3 for the evening.  There will likely be things that don't work 100% correctly, but we will work to fix those bugs.  At this point though, I need a larger population to play through - mainly so we can see how the performance is with all the tweaks we have done.  

Make a new forum topic about this so others can see. A lot of people won’t check for replies here

Just now, bamf said:

Yes, promote Server 3, the best server *cough* thanks, link me your pay-pal *cough*

NotSoNutty, iBacon, Blade and 1 other like this
Just now, bamf said:

OK, the patch is going live to all 4 servers.  Please let me know if you find any bugs.  

As of last night upon death your Y inventory will despawn for you but not others. Edit: this didn't come from the most recent patch it has been a thing more noticeable in the last 3-5 weeks.

Upon death you sometimes lose your bounty even if you don't get lethaled by a cop.

This is an older bug comparatively, but I'd say worth mentioning. Most of the time if you log out with a bag space above 90 your y iventory will either wipe or go to 90 or below 90.

Edited by Steve
Just now, LastKiller said:

@bamf,      @Gnashes i have no idea why but this patch screwed everything over  but it god damn did.i can 't even log on the servers without a freeze every minute,a losing connection with host or disconnect message.everything was good for me before this update.any idea how i could fix this?

Try deleting the mission file.  You're the only person that I've had report this, so I'd start there.  Could also verify your game cache in steam...

So far from the cop side or other a sortied bugs: As the police we can see when your lock picking someones cuffs, the fed will become triggered saying that 4 people are in the area when only 1 person is in the area and the other 3 are on the other side of the map, and finally not sure if this is only me but this seems to be my revive animation as of late: https://plays.tv/video/5a56bb3cc68f2b5802/revive-animation-be-like-wut-

BlackShot likes this